TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

3 hours ago, Laura Borealis said:

Is that what it is? The head looks... odd. I was going to say decapitated...

A headless dragon would be so cool. Somebody get working on this,

*gasp* fluffy babies! Can't wait to see what they all grow up into.

Also just realized I can make groups to make hybrid breeding easier... this isn't like a groundbreaking discovery but dang do I love the groups update.

5 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

That's what it looks like to me! And I think the head is just tilted back, though if it is meant to look decapitated that could work with a certain book...

I think you're right, it's tilted back. Whew!

A headless dragon would be cool for Halloween though. With a flaming squash jack-o-lantern gripped in its claw.

Why am I getting an 'ugly duckling' vibe from the non-hybrid? The combination of the design and the description just gives me a feeling it'll become an elegant swan once it matures. I'm just speculating though.

2 hours ago, VixenDra said:

You're all forgetting about one extremelly important thing: it's the regular updates that makes games like this go on or even grow in years. Rare updates (in DC's case, releases) = loose of interest = game dying down through loosing loads of players. What may be more comfortable and a relief to a few of you, can be a disaster for DC. While more hybrids among the relased content shouldn't do any harm, rarer releases will - nearly for sure.

Not sure how about others but between Halloween and March I tent to forget about DC exactly for the less frequent updates.

For a very logn time already DC had pretty regular and predictable release times (last weekend of the month, even the latest Sunday-Monday is still close enough to try and check. I was 99,99% sure of this release to happen that night if it didn't happen during the weekend days + specials such as DC birthday and holidays)  for nearly all new things (and, I'm glad, very few exceptions happended in that time). I never understood how it's possible that so many people are still getting surprised with those new releases that occured according to the expected dates or barely a day off... Ofc it's another story when the expected time gets shifted or when a release is out of that unofficial schedule, but those that follow the pattern are easy to predict and prepare for and the number of the surprised people appears strangely high. (And this comes from a forgetful person who often doesn't know what day of the week it is)

These releases are all permanent, one can possibly catch up later if one can't be here for a blind hunt barely once a month... The least harmful change to releases would be extending the exclusive flood time to exactly 24h so no matter your timezone and work hours you can have the same chances as those who happen to have free time at the initial hours of the releases, just except the competition changes. Also there are some nice people who volunteer to help those who have trouble catching the new eggs...

Anyway, DC NEEDS frequent updates(releases) or it'll die...

This so much.  I play another adoptable game that hasn't a regular release for close to a year now and is hemorrhaging players.  I feel as though they're trying to kill it through neglect and will be surprised if it's around next year, so I am all in the once a month camp.

OT:  Got two from Alpine and have four lovely hybrids.  :)

Edited by prpldrgnfr
spelling

Oh gosh, a new release and I am completely locked up from AP diving. 

Thank you TJ and spriters!

The hatchling from the smooth and shiny egg looks a bit like a baby condor, I think. 

The white sprite's head looks weird. I cant tell where the mouth is. Looks like bird's head. Dx

4 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Aww the non hybrid makes me think of a dodo.

Yep, just what I was thinking. A Dracododo.

The hybrid hatchie looks lovely, and the dodo has potential. :D

Well done, spriters!

Anybody thought about names.the blue starry ones sort between canopy and carmine

and the fluffy non hybrids sort between imperial fleshcrowne and kingcrownes

Intriguing. .

Thanks TJ and spriters for the new release 

Oh, nice to get a new release :D Was expecting it yesterday, so when it didn't show, I saved my slots, and glad I did; grabbed 8 of the cave ones! ^^ Will try for the hybrids later once I catch more Ridgewings. :P 

Wooooo new release!  Thanks TJ and the artists!

Again I almost missed this one. Luckily I've been expecting a drop.

I'm very happy to see the "constellations" finally released—gorgeous dragons ;)

The bird of prey hatchlings also look very familiar.

What a nice stress free release. One hybrid and one cave dragon is great. I have my fill until the rest of my eggs hatch. Love the hatchies. 

It took me *only* 14 tries to get a hybrid. That was easy... Yep absolutly stress free

Edited by Sansa

Of course it would be ridgewings. I have literally 4 of them due to not particularly caring for the pose. Only like one? Is CB. Soooo my breeding score was no egg: 1, neb egg: 1, ridgewing egg: 1, horribly messy lineaged new egg: 1. Some nice DC chat gave me a shorter, prettier lineaged new hybrid though <3

Also in the quest of discovery I found that celestial X blue neb is gorgeous (kept the outcome) plus got a 2g tan from a fail hybrid breed from someone else in the chat (my only tan was terribly lineaged)

Anyways now im locked with those and 4 of the other new eggs and thus...im happy

Though we need a hybrid of something i hoard! XD

The cave was very generous to me last week. So I hapily egglocked myself just yesterday. I'm not going to abandon even that uninfluenced Nocturne. At least I have small army of Reds and the hunting can start tomorrow after noon.

Edited by Anemonis