Moonlight_Eevee

Zyumorph Breeding Plans

Am I the only one who's a little... put off by the whole Power Rangers theme, though? The dragons look very nice and all, but I'm just sitting here thinking "Er, I don't think I really want to go mate Trini with a wyvern."

I guess I just hope this is a one-off kind of thing, and we're not going to end up with a whole bunch of Harry Potter dragons and Batman dragons and Oscar the Grouch dragons and what have you. "What if Ron Weasley and the Yellow Power Ranger mated and laid an egg" is probably a question which intrigues somebody somewhere on the Internet, and I'm not gonna judge that or anything, but it's not really what I'm personally looking for in an adoptables site. :-) I'm thinking maybe these guys can just be relieved of breeding duty as far as my scroll is concerned.

i'm just considering them as a set of dragons, not really power rangers. Kind of like how the Trio are 'the Trio'. To me, these are just a set of dragons like that. i've never been a fan of power rangers, so it'll be easy for me to overlook that aspect

Am I the only one who's a little... put off by the whole Power Rangers theme, though? The dragons look very nice and all, but I'm just sitting here thinking "Er, I don't think I really want to go mate Trini with a wyvern."

I guess I just hope this is a one-off kind of thing, and we're not going to end up with a whole bunch of Harry Potter dragons and Batman dragons and Oscar the Grouch dragons and what have you. "What if Ron Weasley and the Yellow Power Ranger mated and laid an egg" is probably a question which intrigues somebody somewhere on the Internet, and I'm not gonna judge that or anything, but it's not really what I'm personally looking for in an adoptables site. :-)  I'm thinking maybe these guys can just be relieved of breeding duty as far as my scroll is concerned.

This is why I am glad that I know nothing of Power Rangers. That way I can look at them as just a beautiful set of dragons without all that baggage. wink.gif

I am seeing some beautiful combinations here. Not sure yet what I like best, but I need to collect more of all of these first!

Edited by purplehaze

i'm just considering them as a set of dragons, not really power rangers. Kind of like how the Trio are 'the Trio'. To me, these are just a set of dragons like that. i've never been a fan of power rangers, so it'll be easy for me to overlook that aspect

This. I think I'm also aided by my relative unfamiliarity with/lack of interest in the Power Rangers series.

ETA: I kinda want to try some PB Zyu pairs to see whether they breed different colours, cf. Xenos, but I also don't want to needlessly contribute more eggs to the ratios when lots of people (myself included) are still needing more CBs....

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Silvers with Blue Fire Gems:

user posted image

Not too sure about this one.

I actually really like that. I like the other Fire Gem pairings you did, too.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

This. I think I'm also aided by my relative unfamiliarity with/lack of interest in the Power Rangers series.

ETA: I kinda want to try some PB Zyu pairs to see whether they breed different colours, cf. Xenos, but I also don't want to needlessly contribute more eggs to the ratios when lots of people (myself included) are still needing more CBs....

Well, if you experiment with PB pairs and I don't breed mine at all, then together we will average out to be ratio-neutral, right? Let's join forces. :-)

Well, if you experiment with PB pairs and I don't breed mine at all, then together we will average out to be ratio-neutral, right? Let's join forces. :-)

laugh.gif Your logic is compelling! Lemme go douse a few of them with Purple Power and we'll see what happens. smile.gif

Black pair #1 - black egg

Black pair #2 - no egg

Pink pair - no egg

Blue pair - blue egg

White pair #1 - white egg

White pair #2 - white egg

Yellow pair - yellow egg

Pink x Red pair - pink egg

All eggs got auto'ed.

Looks like these guys are pretty committed to breeding true. I suppose we'll find out soon enough whether that also applies to bred ones.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Oh, this is gorgeous. I'm going to have to give it a try. I love how the Sinii Krai bring out the bands of color on the Sinomorph! smile.gif

I'm glad someone else shares my opinion 😁

Those were my thoughts exactly. I don't have a computer with internet though so I couldn't test the combo like I wanted to really see if it would go well 😅

I bred one of my female Sinomorphs with one of my male Sinomorphs. I got a Red Zyu egg.

I don't really want it, just wanted to see what would happen lol.

I haven't decided what I'm going to breed mine with yet, but I have a bunch more pairs for consideration:

Pink x Almerald

Pink x Spring

White(f) x Dark Lumina(m)

White(m) x Falconiform(f)

Red(m) x Dark Lumina(f)

Red x Ageis

Blue x Gemshard(any color)

Blue x Heartstealing

Black x Plated Colossus

Black x Tetra

Yellow(f) x Royal Blue(m)

Yellow x Sapphire

Yellow x Tri-horned

Yellow x Tsunami

Edited by arenee1999

user posted image

they are testing my patience.

I definitely plan to incorporate GoNs into my plans.

They don't seem to like working their ways into hybrids much.

user posted image

Edited by scratcher_cat

I bred my Sinomoprh with a Celestial one day and they produced three blue and one yellow Zyumorphs. I wonder if that was supposed to happen since Celestials produce multiclutches? I didn't really know that the multiclutches could happen to the other dragon breed involved as well.

Yeah, the multiclutch behaviour can produce more than one egg of either breed. smile.gif

ETA: Other than that very unfortunate Shimmer eggie, has anyone bred anything other than another Zyu from either Zyumorph or Sinomorph?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I did a thing:

user posted image

I also really want to say that I'm getting sick of the Power Ranger bashing. Why can't people who enjoy it (like moi) enjoy it without seeing "UGH THIS IS STUPID!" every five minutes? I think I even saw one person call the Dragons ugly/dumb and the loosely-based concept "Juvenile".

I think I'm going to relate all my Zyus and Sinos! I have two males and two females of each, so why not? Breed same color with same color and just breed down until they're all related. ^-^

One question for this place, because I feel it's relevant here:

For Zyumorph and Sinomorph breeding, is there a pattern to what Zyrmorph you get?

Is it random? Or by biome? Or by mana? Or some other method?

Has anyone noticed a pattern?

Is this the right place to ask this?

From what I can see, the Zyumorphs seem to breed true to their own colour, like Xenos. It's a bit early to tell if they can breed the occational other colour or if bred ones behave differently, I think, unless someone has bred a dragon not the colour of one of its parents?

Unsure about the Sinos, but at least we know that they can produce more than one colour, most likely all (I have seen at least five, and I won't bother hunting for the last one tongue.gif). Based on predatorfan4ever's post a little further up it does seem like the colour they produce is random, or at least not based on the partner's biome, or the time of the breeding, or the mana of the partner.