SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Cody turned his attention from being on Avery and Alex as well as the house to being on Zane instead when he heard him come into the main area of the house where they were. He noticed that his eyes were a bit red but didn’t say anything about it when he heard what he said about the kitten. “Hey brother and I don’t think I have either. Yes he’s very adorable and he seems to know his name,” he said in reply with a smile before petting the small kitten on the head. “That’s exciting that his eyes will open this week.”

-•-•-

“I’ve been very motivated to get better and he’s been taking very good care of me. It’s fine and I even made him some breakfast this morning. I accidentally burned the toast a bit but I know what to do better next time,” Alex said in reply before hugging Avery back. “Before you and Cody came, we were doing sword exercises so that I could get strength back in my arms.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Wanna hold him? He's been in the sun. He could hear now and Alex says he calls me mama isn't that cute! " He grinned and handed him the kitten. 

---

"Thought so. He was worried if you two weren't home. We were wondering if we could take Spot and Toro for a ride so they get some exercise and attention. " He asked. 

“Sure. He’s all nice and warm then. Ah that’s good and that’s both very cute and precious,” he said in reply before taking the little kitten from Zane and holding him close afterward.

-•-•-

“Oh. Well we’re going to be going to Zane’s mom’s place soon to visit her and to also let her know how I’m fairing with my recovery. Also so maybe I can see my dress. Sure. I bet they’d love that a lot and I’ll tell Spot later that I’ll visit him,” she said in reply with the smile still on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

"Yeah he is. I call him Bunny because of his coloring." Zane said. He heard what Avery said to Alex. "Sure! I've been visiting my horse but haven't been able to ride him. If you have something red I'll saddle him for you. I don't want you or Cody to be kicked or bitten. " He said.

Avery nodded. "I thought I would need to have an okay from you to ride him. I have a bandana I can wear ." He said waving it like a red flag.

“An English spotted one right?” Cody asked in reply before also turning his attention to both Avery and Alex again when he heard what Zane said to the former. Both he and Alex saw the bandana Avery waved and knew that would work to get Toro to let him ride him. “That’ll work,” Alex said before reaching out with her mind to both Spot and Toro to let them know she, Zane, Ave and Cody will be there soon to see them.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane nodded. "Exactly! He's going to be pretty when he grows up!" Zane then headed out the door leading them to the barn across the street and went right to Toro talking to him and brushing him saddling him up. "Alright, I know I haven't been able to ride you big boy but Avery will take you for a long run." A snort. She better be wearing red!  The horse spoke, although Zane had no idea what was actually said he knew his horse very well. "She has a red bandana and will keep it on during the ride so you be good and no bucking or biting. Spot will be going with you so you have your friend." A winny. Aww come on! It's breeding time! I wanna go with mare! 

Zane (again whom had no telepathy with his horse) accurately read the stamping and head tossing of his steed. "Now now calm down! You hormonal stallion! Sheesh! You wanna settle down too huh? Bout time. You're usually very indifferent around this time of year. Be good! Maybe I'll take you too a breeder to find a match for you. " He said slipping on the bridle.

Cody nodded with a smile before walking out of their house and to the barn across the street where both Toro and Spot were being kept.

As Zane spoke to and prepared Toro, Alex did the same with Spot except her conversation with him was mostly telepathic.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to ride you but when I’m strong enough to do so again, I will. Be good for Cody and as a reward I’ll give you a few apples and carrots and take you to the same breeder Zane’ll take Toro to find the perfect mare for you, she told him as she brushed him down really well and then started to put the bridle and saddle on him afterward.

It’s okay. Your health is more important right now. Okay I’ll be good, Spot said in reply in her head while letting out a whinny and nuzzling her hair.

She smiled before saying aloud, “Good boy.” She finished getting him prepped and then turned to Toro and said in his mind, I’ll give you two carrots and an apple if you’re good for Ave.

Toro got really still and stopped squirming around as the saddle was put on. Zane gave Alex  a "seriously?" Kind of look. "Stop promising him treats he'll get spoiled and fat. He needs discipline. You're too soft on eow! Damn it Toro! No! You get oats tonight, no alfalfa for you! And no treats! You behave!" He scolded after Toro bit his leg. "You're no show pony you're a war horse! You can't keep eating treats. " He lead him from the stables and helped Avery on who had the bandanna around his neck. 

“What? It’s only two carrots and an apple. They’re healthy for horses just like us humans,” Alex said with an innocent look on her face as well as a smile before leading Spot out as well with Cody following. When they were in front of the barn, Cody mounted Spot and waited for Avery to get relaxed on Toro before leading the way towards some meadow areas that were nearby.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery followed after Toro having a arrogant spring in the step. 

Zane watched them leave. "Since we're out of the house now let's go lock up and head to ma's. " He suggested. 

Cody looked back at Ave and Toro, noticing the arrogant step the horse had and wondered if if it had to do with what Alex might have told him.

“Okay that’s a good idea,” Alex said in reply before getting her house key out of her pocket and then going to the front door to lock it. After it was locked, she pocketed the key again, and then went back over to where she had left Zane. “Ready?”

Zane nodded and took her hand and headed to hisoms house. He went around the front of the place and had to move between skirts of two duchesses and saw that the place was packed with ladies and workers running around. 

Avery was quiet letting Cody lead and Toro do his own thing. 

Alex walked with him towards his mom’s house after he took her hand. When they went to the front and then walked in, she found that the store was packed with a lot of ladies running around. “I wonder if there's going to be something going on soon and that's why it’s so busy?” she asked as she tried to guess the reason for why there were a lot of ladies there.

After Cody got to the meadow area he was leading them to, he had Spot run around it a few times to get some exercise in and then dismounted from him and let him graze afterward in the center of it.

"I wonder the same." Zane said as their hands got yanked apart by the crowd and he found himself in the middle of the chaos. 

A foreign looking young lady came on up to him and started speaking with a heavy accent. "What a cute little kitty! I will buy from you." She said confidently. 

"Bunny isn't for sale. He's mine."

The woman giggled and leaned against him. "Then I take you and kitty! Two pretty boys in this land and they are mine!." She laughed clinging to Zane who looked very unamused. He simply raised his left hand and wiggled his ring finger at her where on his finger was the gold version of the ring Alex had. "You will have to fight my fiance for my hand darling. And I can tell you she's a force to be reckoned with." 

"Bah! Married men can have affairs she would not know. " She grabbed at his hand and tried to tug the ring off. 

Slap!  The din within the room silenced. All eyes were on them. Zane had slept away her hand and his mother stood beside him and had smacked her face.

"I will not serve a woman who thinks seducing married men is okay. Immoral loose women can go down to the red light district and get their pink skirts there." Rayna said firmly. The woman shouted in a foreign language and stomped out along with three women who were her handmaids. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alex had a surprised look on her face when their hands were suddenly pulled apart due to the large crowd gathered in the shop. She walked around, trying to find him again when she heard him talking to a lady with a foreign accent. She followed the sounds of their voices until she saw them and what she saw the lady doing, made her mad.

She made her way over to them quickly just as Rayna slapped the former in the face. She smiled a cruel smile when she saw that before watching as the woman walked out with three maids in tow. “That lady had some nerve trying to take you away from me,” she said a bit grumpily before turning her attention to be on his mom afterward. “It looks like you’re really busy today. Is there going to be something happening soon?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Well the royal wedding was officially called off so everyone wants their dresses they ordered to be altered for a royal ball here. They are hoping to find the prince someone to marry within the borders. The ball is in four weeks but it takes that long to make a dress. " She said softly. 

----

Avery was quiet. "Should I come out as a trans gay?" He said out loud not really expecting an answer but just to calm his racing mind. 

“Oh. I wonder if I’d be expected to attend, of course only if I’d be fully recovered by then. Oh I was wondering if I could see the wedding dress you’re making me,” she said in reply as well as saying the reason for why she was there.

-•-•-

Cody looked over at him when he heard the question he asked and said in reply after thinking for a few more minutes of a reply he could say, “I think you should say whatever you’re comfortable with when you decide to tell everyone what you are. If you’re comfortable with saying that you’re trans gay, I’ll support you like I’ve always done.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Only if you swear that you will not tell my son anything about your dress. " Rayna said. "You will be required but only as a guard or a guest. I hear all engaged or married women will be given a ribbon in their hair to wear so there is no confusion. Those with serious courters like your sister are to wear a certain color of dress or have a majority of their dress that color. Your sister is getting a lovely canary yellow dress with white lace and large swaths of embroidery like stain glass. A design she came up with and I hear she's going to enchant it so the pictures move." She said leading Alex to the room upstairs and in a corner where the wedding dress was.  

It was encased in glass so moths don't get at it. It was form fitting on the mannequin and her favorite color with shades of that color like a gradient from top to bottom later at the top and darker at the bottom. White embroidery covered the skirt in the form of her favorite flower. A vail of a light rosé wine color draped elegantly on a bust also behind glass on a table with a train that would go mid back on her.  "I hope it's to your liking. White is expensive and very few get married in it for it's impossible to keep clean unless you are a royal. Plus it could be warn again for high class parties. It'll never be out of style. " She said with a proud grin. "There is still some things I need to do on it but it is my best work! The gradient was very hard to do each had to be cut from a different color of cloth and sewn together. But see? It is completely unnoticeable, seamless! My best work yet!" 

-------

Avery blushed and nodded. "Thank you. Your support means everything to me." He said leaning over to kiss his cheek. "Toro wants to run. Race you!" He grinned and flicked the ranes and Toro tore off like a charging bull. 

“Of course. He actually told me that he didn’t want to hear about the dress and wanted to be surprised when he saw it on me the day of the wedding. Oh okay that’s good to know. Perhaps I’ll just go as a guard and I’m glad to hear that I’ll be given a ribbon so that there won’t be any confusion on whether I’m taken or not. That sounds like a really lovely dress. I can’t wait to see it on the day of the ball,” she said in reply before following behind Rayna up the stairs to the room where her dress was being kept.

When they got to the room where it was and encased in glass, she looked at it with wide and shocked eyes. “It’s beautiful,” she said when she could talk again. She saw that it was gradient blue and that the embroidery was in the shape of a hydrangea. She then listened to everything she said in regards to the dress and how she made it. “That’s what Zane said in regards to white being expensive. Oh that’s good,” she said before hearing the last few statements she said. “It really is and no I can’t tell that at all. You did a very good job on it. I can’t wait to see Zane’s expression when he sees it. When should I come by to get the fittings done?”

-•-•-

“You’re welcome and I’m glad,” Cody said in reply before getting back on Spot’s back and having him run after Avery and Toro afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"If you have a thanks set I can go ahead and schedule fittings for you as I continue to work on it. Hopefully it is soon. I must say, " she said pulling Alex into a hug. " I have never seen my son be so happy in a long time. I get to see that big goofy grin of his all the time, his eyes light up when someone even mentions the name Alex even when they are not talking about you. He's like a little kid on Christmas and just got the pet they always wanted. It gives me such Joy seeing my son so happy. You give him confidence, courage, and much needed affection. Thank you so much for staying with him. It means the world to me and him. "

-+--

Avery ran to the lake and had to stop Toro before he ran right into it. He managed to stop when his hooves where in the water. "You're fast! " He said to the horse who snorted proudly. "And awfully arrogant." He teased getting a unamused look from Toro. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Yes I do and that sounds like a good plan,” she said in reply before she was pulled into a hug and listened to everything else she said. “I’m glad I make him that way and he makes me just as happy. You’re welcome. He takes very good care of me and I’m almost fully recovered from the state I put myself in thanks to him,” she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks.

-•-•-

Cody also ran to the water but stopped Spot before he could get his hooves wet. He chuckled a bit when he saw Toro give Avery an unamused look at the part regarding him being a bit arrogant before dismounting, and then going over to the other horse to help his boyfriend get down.

Edited by SkySong278

"That's good to hear. Now do you want to see his suit?" She smiled. "Or should you rescue your prince charming from the swarm of feminine hormones?" She giggles as a chorus of Awww's sounded from downstairs.

---

Avery got Toro to slosh from the water and  back on the bank near spot. "Why are you getting off? We're going to be riding for a wile. Am hour or so before we go back. Both want to stretch their legs for a while. "

“I think I’ll wait until the day of the wedding to see it so that I can be surprised. Hm yeah I guess I should go save him,” she said in reply with her own giggle when she heard the chorus of ‘awwws’ coming from the first floor before heading back down there to see the seamstresses gushing over how cute Bunny was. “Watch out. He’s a feisty one,” she said while moving to stand beside Zane. “Thought I should come rescue you. Where now or should we head back home?” she said and asked him as she looked over at him from having her attention be on Bunny.

-•-•-

“Sorry. I was going to give my wobbly legs a break but I’ll get back on Spot so that we can continue our ride,” Cody said in reply before moving to do just that. He let Spot get some water and after he had his fill, he waited for Avery to lead the way on Toro.

Zane looked relived seeing Alex come back. He was surrounded by girls gushing over the kitten who had somehow migrated from his hands and was in the arms of a seemstress meowing furiously for his mom and dad. "He has the most powerful and cutest meow ever!" One gushed booping the kitten's pink nose and he snapped at her finger. 

"Once I get my cat back I will like to go see if my sword is repaired, I was using a second one for our practice. " He said reaching for his fur baby and got a bunch of whines from the ladies when he took the kitten away and put him in a pouch around his waist so he felt safe and warm. 

------

"You haven't been riding lately huh? I ride Lilly every day to get to master's house or gather ingredients. That reminds me, I need a black Pegasus feather and three tail hairs. Maybe we'll run into the one who saved my sister and I can ask him for one. Then I need to get tail hairs of a white mare unicorn. We can get off when I collect those for my  temporary wings potion. " He said softly walking Toro along the stream. 

“You mean our cat, right? He was calling for the both of us. Okay that sounds like a good plan,” Alex said in reply to all that he said while looking a bit crestfallen at hearing him say “his” cat but it wasn’t on her face and in her eyes for too long and she tried not to have it be too noticeable.

Once he got Bunny back she asked, “Shall we head to the smithy to see about getting your sword back?” Without waiting for a response first, she started to head toward the door, and then waited outside the shop/house when she was out of the door.

-•-•-

“I’ve been trying to ride Chestnut every chance I get but I’ve gotten a bit busy and haven’t been riding him a lot lately. I do give him some attention, though by brushing him down and giving him a carrot. Oh maybe. Would calling for him help? You said you could communicate with animals but perhaps I’m just assuming that. Where would we find a unicorn? Okay,” he said and asked in reply to everything he said while having Spot walk beside Toro.