SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Alex made herself comfortable against Zane’s chest after she was leaned against it and then ate the piece of bread he offered to her. “I’ll be fine after I eat, drink and sleep more,” she said softly to him as she figured that he was worried about her. “I’m sorry that you’ll have to take care of me again though.” She felt bad for him being stuck in taking care of her once more just like he he had when she had been stabbed awhile back. She then lifted a gentle hand towards Bunny and petted him both softly and reassuringly to let him know she was still there.

"be sorry for making me worry, I don't mind taking care of my queen. " Zane chided feeding her another bit of bread. 

"I brought cream I can warm it for him, he's hungry and scared. He heard all the yelling." Avery said saying the spell of a flame and was able to do it without incident warming the cream in the bottle and then poured it into the glove finger Zane let Alex feed herself holding her against him and insisted that he feeds Bunny. "Everything is foggy in the parts that the princess was around, but I remember my dad dieing and chopping off his head like I said I would in my trial. I made sure he never comes back even in the after life..... And I .... Broke my sword.." he said with a frown as memories came back. "And I accused you of stealing bunny and..." He when completely white. "Oh Ave Maria have mercy on me, I hit you Avery. I smacked a lady! Oh all Angels and saints pardon me for my transgressions, and breaking my swear to the good Lord I would not hurt a woman if I can help it. I will not stand for this! " He said shaking his head. 

"I'm sorry for making you worry again and okay," Alex said in reply to Zane's chiding before eating the piece of bread he fed to her and then hearing what Avery said about Bunny afterward. "Sorry BunBun for scaring you," she said while turning her attention back to the kitten and petted him again. She took the rest of the bread Zane had given her and started to eat it in bigger bites while he fed Bunny and then listened to everything he said. "That's why I was reenacting my stabbing in an attempt to free you from the potion's effects. We were originally going to try to reenact your being arrested while borrowing that monster but then we learned that he had committed suicide and then had been cremated after you staked him and cut off his head. You might have brought it to the smithy for it to be fixed before coming here," she said before hearing the last few statements he said and exclaimed. "I shouldn't have taken him but I guess I had thought that it was my only link to you while still helping take care of him because that was the last thing you said to me before you had gone off to do more training with the knights under the prince's command. As for you hitting Ave, that's how we knew that there was something wrong and what prompted us to find a way to break you free of the potion's effect," she said in reply while lifting a gentle hand to put softly against his cheek before rubbing it with her thumb and then finished eating the piece of bread with her free hand.

Edited by SkySong278

"I know I took it to be fixed, I just.... Never thought that I'd be capable of breaking the hilt let alone actually committing the act. After you and BunBun eat we'll head back home. " He said burping the kitten and handing Alex some water. "Avery pass me a cloth, she's still bleeding a little. I don't want that wound infected. I know it's just a small mark but still my sweet heart I can't bare the thought of you bleeding from wounds, especially when their self inflicted." Zane said pulling up he side of her shirt and pressing a clean cloth to the tiny scratch over the scar. He nosed her neck and held her close starting to shiver in both anger and sorrow. "I'll take off work and keep an eye on you. I don't mind looking after you. It's a husband's job to take care of his wife. Mum made a wedding dress for you around the time of my proposal, and still is working on it any free moment she's got. I don't care about a big wedding. I want to be with you, to say that I belong to the strongest, bravest and  most faithful knight in the world, one who is also a beautiful woman. Please, during our time off and you recovering from this horrible state you put yourself in, can we please plan our wedding? I want to send word to my family in Spain so they can come and meet you and make things official." He begged her murmuring in her ear all of this rocking her softly side to side still holding her with bunny on her lap and his hand holding the cloth to her side. 

“Oh and okay,” Alex said in reply to what Zane said in his first few statements regarding him breaking his sword as well as him not thinking he had it in him to do that and about going home after she and Bunny had finished eating. She nodded before going back to the other piece of bread she had and starting to eat it while listening to his and Avery’s conversation about a cloth for her small wound before feeling her shirt being lifted up a bit for the cloth to be pressed against it and then hearing what he said to her while he did that. “I know,” she said softly in reply before feeling his nose rub against her neck while also feeling him hold her close and also him shivering in anger. “Why are you angry mi amor?” she asked before hearing the rest of what he whispered to her while blushing a bit in response. “Don’t you need to check with the king first in order to take this time off from work? Also when you do that, can you update the queen on my condition? She didn’t know what was happening when I asked for the rest of this week off and I think I also worried her. I’m glad I have you looking out for me and you still think I’m strong although I feel as weak as a kitten right now? I know there are other ways for me to be strong but I don’t feel that way right now. Of course and I can’t wait to both meet them and for us to be official. I love you so much,” she said in reply just as softly as he did while enjoying the feeling of him rocking her side to side and being held close to him. She petted Bunny during this time as well and also continued to eat the other piece of bread until it was gone.

Edited by SkySong278

"Yes, I need to ask him, and I'll notify the queen when I do so. I'm angry love, at the princess. She started crying on the way back saying Avery was correct about her being selfish. Despite the advantage of her kingdom holds, I will never truly recognize her as my ruler for this act of foolishness. " He said burrowing his head in her neck kissing the nape of it softly. "Weak as a kitten. Heh. You hear that Bun? You tell Papa you're no weakling!"

"I am fisty!" Squeaked the kitten nomming on Zane's finger as he rubbed the baby's chin. "Ow! You're getting your teeth finally! He'll be weened off soon and be able to reak havoc by romping around in a couple more weeks. " He lifted Alex who had Bunny on her lap when she finished and got on Toro. He looked to Avery. "Thanks for finding how to break the spell. " 

Avery nodded and got on Lilly to ride her back into town with Zane and headed to his wearhouse as Zane headed to their home. 

He carries Alex inside, seeing it slowly being filled with furnishings but still lacking a bed so he set her on the couch that his mother donated to them when her shop got a new one in the current style. He kissed her long and deeply before saying he'd be back in a moment and rode to the castle to see thke king, queen, and Princess.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay and oh. I’m a bit mad at her myself for taking you away from me but maybe we can be friends again later when it dies down. Right now, I plan on avoiding her until I can find it in myself to forgive her,” she said before he kissed the nape of her neck after burrowing his head in it. “I meant as weak as a newborn kitten. Of course he’s stronger than a newborn for he’s older than one,” she said when he heard what he said to Bunny.

She giggled at the latter’s response before hearing everything Zane said regarding him getting teeth and when he’d be weened and then be all over the house to cause chaos. She held onto the kitten a bit tighter but not too tight when Zane lifted her up onto Toro with him so that she wouldn’t drop the furball by accident. She also thanked Avery but with a nod before they were off back towards town.

When they got to their house and she was set down on the couch, she made herself comfortable before kissing him back just as long and deep as he did her before nodding in reply to what he said about him being back soon.

-•-•-

Cody was at Avery’s warehouse after both jobs with the kids and Patricia, hoping that everything was okay. He had heard that Alex had taken the rest of the week off from her own job and that she didn’t look like she usually did. He hoped that Avery could tell him what happened to fill him in on events.

-»-«-

Back at the castle, Gertrude was pacing out of worry in the throne room. She hadn’t heard from Alex and hoped she was okay. She had told her husband about Alex taking the rest of the week off and also that something seemed off with her but she hadn’t been sure why since Alex hadn’t told her. She also hoped that the young knight hadn’t done something drastic in her depressed state and that she was better than when she had seen her earlier in the week. She sighed after a few more minutes of pacing before sitting down in her chair.

-°-°-

Kimberly came out of the guest room she was using while during her stay there at the castle an hour or so later and made her way towards the throne room and sat down in a chair at the table but didn’t talk to anyone. She was still feeling bad for what she did and was now worried that she’d be in really big trouble with the king and queen for doing what she did.

Edited by SkySong278

Harold was in the throne room and looked up from his brooding position with a down trodden and defeated Edward next to him. He knew his wife's worries but his own mind was trubbled at the moment with what was told to him by the stable hand that tended to the horses at the same time Kimberly and Zane had entered and had relayed what had occurred to both him and the prince. 

Harold sat up when the doors opened narrowing his eyes at Kimberly when they flew open once more with such force they hit the walls and a disheveled Zane walked in, hand wrappings now soaked with blood from clutching it tightly a cold look in his eyes like he was going to commit murder. 

"Zane! Explain this to me: a stable hand came to me and said you out right proposed to princess Kimberly in the stables today! No matter what querals you have with Alex you have stepped out of line for such a bold and treasonous action! I ought to have you thrown in the dungeon, and I will if you don't explain yourself now!" Harold roared. 

Zane stopped in the middle of the room and bowed only slightly. "My actions where not my own but that of a powerful love potion. I have no recollection of that act occurring for it was no action of mine. Whatever I said, I will hold no meaning to it for it was empty anyway. I came to say, I request a week off to tend to my betrothed-" he fixed Kimberly with the cold glare. "My true betrothed Alexandra, who during this past week did not eat, drink, or sleep from sorrow and weeping." He looked back at the king expression softening. "She is very weak and freed me from my spell by reenacting fateful day where she saved your wife's life, nearly stabbing herself in the same spot to snap me from my trance." He once again fixed Kimberly with a steely glare. "I stopped her from giving herself more than a small cut, slicing my hand in the process however she was on a cliff edge and fell. By some miracle, a Pegasus caught her before she was even close to the tree line carrying her to safety." He looked at the queen once more his eyes softening as well as his voice this time having held a harsh snapping tone to it until now. "She now is resting at our house, but on behalf of her health I will like to ask if you could extend her vacation another week so she can regain the strength and weight she lost. " 

"Who could have slipped you the love potion?" Edward said curiously. 

Zane once again looked at Kimberly. "Preposterous she would never do that! That'll risk war on both our kingdoms! Some traitor must have done so!" Edward cried leaping to his feet. 

"Ask the mage in training, Avery if you don't believe me. The princess admitted it herself, and only  love potions would have the desired effect on the recipient if the one giving it made it themselves." 

Edward sat down hard on the chair looking like a wet peice of linin caught in a tree, and held his head in his hands. The king was pinching his nose like he got a headache at this news and sighed. "You have your week. Go, and don't enter the castle grounds until the week is up. " He dismissed him and Zane turned with military precision and walked out the door.

----------

A key turned in the lock of the wearhouse door and Avery came in, hanging his hat up, slipping from his shoes and started undoing his dress and hair, managing to get the back undone before he belly flopped on the bed and groaned loudly into the comforter. 

Alex had given Bunny a bath and had also fed him again while Zane was at the castle and was now back on the couch with the kitten beside her. She had rewrapped him in the handkerchief to keep him warm and was petting him gently. As she continued to pet him she fell asleep while laying down on her side, Bunny laying in front of her while still in the handkerchief and was still in that position when Zane came back.

-•-•-

Cody turned towards the door when he heard it both unlock and open to see Avery there and starting to undress while also taking down his hair. He grew concerned when he bellyflopped onto the comforter of the bed and went to him to see what was wrong. “What’s wrong?”

-»°-°«-

Gertrude had been looking towards Kimberly, wondering why she was acting the way she was when the doors to the throne room were suddenly thrown open with force and she looked towards them with surprise to see Zane standing there and him not looking very happy. She then looked towards Harold when she heard him roar at the former and looked a bit concerned for she thought he thought the knight was a good companion and had never heard him threaten him before. When she heard everything Zane said in reply for what had happened, her eyes grew wide in even more surprise than earlier when the doors were forcefully thrown open. She looked towards Kimberly again, not believing that the princess would do something like that to jeopardize their two kingdoms but when hearing that she had admitted to doing it herself, she started to think that it was true. She was concerned for Alex and was glad she was recovering so she nodded in approval and reply for her to have another week off to continue doing so. After Harold had dismissed Zane and the latter had left, she looked towards Kimberly for an explanation as to why she had done what she was accused of doing.

Kimberly had hung her head in shame while listening to everything Zane said and shrank back a little in her chair each time he gave her a glare. She even looked crestfallen, and pale when she heard Edward try to blame someone else for giving Zane the love potion. After he was dismissed by the king and she felt the queen’s expectant gaze on her she stood up and said, “I humbly apologize for my actions as I didn’t intend to cause so much turmoil in your kingdom. I also didn’t mean to cause Alex and Zane any harm. By your leave I’ll go back to the room I’ve been using during my stay here to pack up my things and be gone by nightfall. I won’t come back here unless invited again,” she said before thinking to herself sadly afterward If I’m ever invited here again and that’s a big if.

Edited by SkySong278

"You will leave when your parents leave. I want to know why? Is my son not enough for you? He knew this day was coming and was trying his best to get you to fall for him so this arrangement will go smoothly and you both start out with love in your hearts as my wife and I had done. " He said stepping from his throne and over to his son who was crying quietly in his chair. "If you did not want this marriage, you could have spoken to me and I would have made other arrangements so you do not feel forced into a relationship you do not want to be in, but.... To bring two of my most loyal knights, both whom would give their lives for my family's safety and worked so hard to get to the post they hold.... To bring them to the point of death..... To break my son's heart so cruelly.... Why? Answer me that, and you may go to your room, but do not leave without your parents. I will not risk a war when a princess disappears and my family is distraught. " Harold said looking considerably older as he held his son rubbing his back softly. 

---------

Zane came home and saw them asleep. He sighed softly, changed the wrappings and threw a blanket over them, a pillow on the floor and stretched out beside the couch his arm over his eyes so the bleeding would stop soon and to get some rest as well. 

----

Avery rolled over to his back and sat up, holding the dress to his chest as it flopped down his shoulders.  He told Cody all he witnessed on the cliff and what was going on with his sister and what happened to Zane leading up to the cliff incident. He then stood up and leaned against Cody's chest starting to cry. "I can't help but to think if she could do such a spell could other girls with little knowledge of magical arts do the same? Could it happen to you? What am I to do if that happens? You're the only one who has taken me as both a man and woman with no hesitation. I can't lose you, I'd do the same thing Alex did if that happened! 

I nearly lost my sister today, the princess probably started a war with her foolishness, if that's the case you'll have to go fight......" He hiccups leaning against him, hugging him tightly now not noticing  the dress that now pooled at his feet leaving him in his cream silk binder and long bloomers. He had a unique birthmark like a clover on his chest, and a scar from where he dove into the pond and hit his back on a rock what he and Alex where seven years old that went from the Hem of his bloomers on his right at a 45° angle up to his spine. He sobbed into Cody's shirt, face burrowed in the folds of the cloth hugging him tightly. 

“Okay. It sounds foolish and selfish and stupid now but I just wanted Zane to like me a bit more than he did and look at me instead of looking away when I talked to him. I shouldn’t have made it in the first place and I’m very sorry that I did. I wasn’t thinking when I made it. I didn’t mean to hurt Edward the way I did and I’m truly, humbly sorry for doing so. I do like him and would still like to marry him but I guess that won’t be for another while or at all until all the chaos, hurt, and distrust I caused settles down. I don’t have a good excuse for my actions but I can only keep apologizing for making them,” Kimberly said in reply with tears in her eyes before she curtsied towards the royal family and then started to walk towards the doors to head out of the throne room and back towards her room.

-°-°-

“Zane?” Alex asked groggily when she woke up slightly after feeling the blanket be put over her and Bunny. She blinked some of the sleep from her eyes before looking down at him resting on the floor. “How’d talking to the king go? Also if you’d like me to, I can change the bandage on your arm if you didn’t already do it. I feel bad for having caused you to cut your hand when you took the dagger away from me on the hill.”

-•-•-

Cody listened to everything Avery said of what had happened with Alex and Zane and got concerned for Alex’s health. He knew that Zane would take good care of her like he had done when she had gotten stabbed but still hoped she’d be okay nonetheless. He then hugged him when he started to cry and ask him the things he did before rubbing his back out of comfort. He waited until he was done saying the rest of what he said before saying in reply, “That won’t happen and if it does I’m sure you’ll find a way to break me from it like you and Alex did for Zane. I’ll just refuse any liquid from women I don’t know. Maybe the king will find a way not to go to war with the princess’s kingdom so me and Zane won’t have to go and fight.”

He held him and continued to rub his back when he started to cry more in his chest and that was when he noticed the birthmark and scar. He thought both were interesting but didn’t mention them as he was mainly focused on comforting his boyfriend.

((can edit the second paragraph as Cody to have him ask about the scar if you’d like me to))

Edited by SkySong278

"Get him to look at her? Like her more? She should have asked why he was so distant!" Harold roared. He took off his crown and toasted on the chair haphazardly rubbing his face and grey hair. "Guard! Go fetch king Xander and his wife. I want to speak to them."

The man rushed from the room.

------

"I already did that love. Apparently I proposed to her, but I cleared up that and told them about the potion. I'm banned from the  grounds for the week, your time is extended and Edward is completely heartbroken. He was talking non-stop about this wedding and carefully planned romantic dates and questions to get to know each other better and now he's.... " He sighed hevily. "I don't know how this will go with the other king and queen. "

------

((No. That'll make him embarrassed, being unwed and exposed as such. ))

Avery managed to calm down a little bit. "Not all potions are drinks. Some can be baked in foods but that requires a lot of magic and their gold eyes would give them away. I just don't want to lose you. " He said sniffling looking up at him. 

((You can mention it now.))

The guard found King Xander and Queen Amelia’s room and knocked on it shortly afterward.

Xander answered it with a curious expression on his face at first but when he heard what he and Amelia were needed for, it faded to be replaced by a serious expression and he nodded before beckoning to her to follow him to the throne room behind the guard. “You requested us King Harold?” he asked after they arrived.

-°-°-

“Okay. The next time you need to change it, can I do that? Oh. She is prettier than me so I’d understand if you’re having doubts. I’m glad that was cleared up but sorry you were banned from the grounds. I’m also glad that I have permission to stay out another week due to me needing to recover. I’m sorry for Prince Edward but I hope all this will be cleared up soon and without incident. If there was a war between our kingdoms, would you have to go fight? I’d probably have to go as well but in my current condition I don’t think it’ll be wise for me to do so,” she said in reply while looking a bit sad and insecure after saying her fourth statement and while sitting up and looking at her lap.

-•-•-

((okay))

“Okay. I’ll just tell anyone strange or just someone I don’t know offering me food either that I’m not hungry or that my girlfriend’s making me food to politely decline their offers of food. You won’t,” Cody said in reply while looking back into his eyes. “I noticed the strange shaped scar that you have. May I ask how you came about getting it?”

Edited by SkySong278

Harold waved for Xander and his wife to have a seat. "Where you aware of your daughter's actions of using a strong love potion on my Knight commander to get him to pay attention to her more? Ask her yourself if you don't believe me. I am afraid however, that her actions have nearly destroyed all trust my knight commander had for her, broke my son's heart and soul, and devastated my wife's favorite guard to the point of suicide. My son no longer wishes to carry out this wedding. I know this has been planned since they were quite young but I believe it is no longer possible to have a merging of kingdoms through marriage. Perhaps we can find another way to merge peacefully..." He said to the king and queen.

----

Zane sat up quickly and looked at her eyes with tears once again. "Why do you doubt my love for you? You know it was the potion! My own actions where not my own at the time, I barely recall it myself. She's not my type, you are. Strong, sharp of tounge and quick witted. Looks mean nothing to me.the heart is what is important in a woman, and if the princess is shallow enough to place a powerful love potion on me to get me to look at her more then she has issues.  She could have just asked me why I wasn't paying attention to her. I would have told her that, 'I myself am betrothed to a woman. You are meant to be together with the prince. I do not want to upset the prince by keeping my eyes on you too long, and to even do so would twist my stomach like I am betraying the woman I hold most dear.' " he paused for a moment. "I will have to being a commander.... You won't. You are a trainer and Queen's guard. You will have to stay to defend the castle and ready soldiers. Oh I pray it will not come to such a drastic outcome. "

------

Avery flushed and tried to cover himself. "Oh, when Alex and I were seven we were diving into a pond near our home. I jump in the pond from on top of a rock and hit the bottom of the shallow pond cutting my back on a rock hiding in the merky depths...." He explained to him.

Xander and Amelia sat down at the table with Harold's invitation before hearing everything he asked and said, looking shocked and a bit angry at the news. "No. This is news to us. I know she was looking forward to this wedding, she told us as much, so I don't know why she'd go and do something like that in order to jeopardize it. I’m sorry that he no longer wants to go through with the marriage and extend our apologies to Zane and Alex as well please. Perhaps we can trade goods that neither of our kingdoms have instead? Such as if we have something you don’t and you have something we don’t we can trade that,” Xander said also suggested after hearing Harold’s offer of them doing something else to still have peace between them even if it wasn’t through marriage like originally planned.

-°-°-

“I don’t doubt it. I’m just feeling a bit insecure right now thanks to my depressed state. Yes, I know it was. I agree with that. Not sure why she didn’t ask but that doesn’t matter now. I’m glad you would have told her that if she had asked. Oh and I guess I could handle that if it came to that but I also hope it won’t. I’d be sad if you had to go off and fight because I’d be worried but maybe it won’t come to that happening. Maybe they’ll figure out what they can trade if anything in order to keep it peaceful,” Alex said in reply to everything he said while looking up from her lap and into his eyes again.

-•-•-

Cody listened to everything Avery said before saying in reply, “Oh and that sounds like it was painful. I have a few scars from my childhood but none of them are from a rock. Mine are mostly from Chestnut and falling out of a favorite tree of mine.”

"I agree. And if one is in need of assistance, wether in famen, drought, pestilence or war the other will go to aid that country with any resources they can spare. That way we still have an alliance, and help the other if help is needed without a marriage. I'll summon a scribe to draw up a contract. " He said waving a hand amd it was done. A small mousy man ran inside the room with paper ink and a fistful of quills taking down all that was dictated to him by the two kings and queens. 

----

"Knowing Harold, he has a way with words and probably worded the information he has to not let it sound accusatory and handle it as calmly as he could. " He said looking back into hers. "Enough of this dark talk. Let's talk about furnishings. I know you won't stay still this whole week, so once you are able to walk up and down the steps without getting dizzy or faint, we'll go out to look at furniture stores. First thing, a bed. I've been sleeping on hard surfaces for a long time and I'd like to get a soft bed. Now, bunny needs to try and walk around he's almost two weeks old now, and at three their eyes and ears open up, and they have little teeth but can't be weened until three to six weeks of age. " He said softly rubbing the kitten's head with his thumb gently. 

----

"I bet you have some from training too. It did hurt a lot. Mum and dad where worried that I might have broken my back. " He said pulling a blanket around him to cover himself. "Um... Can I get inty PJs now?" He said shyly, still flushed and looking at Cody though his eyelashes embarrassed. 

"Yes all that sounds like a really good plan," Xander said in reply before watching as a mousy looking man ran into the room and started to write everything that was told to him for a contract between their two kingdoms. "Should we head back tomorrow to Drunhem or wait another day? I was thinking of leaving in the morning but we can wait to leave until the afternoon instead because of foot traffic. We also won't come here again unless invited, if you need aid, or both," he asked and said after the scribe was done drawing up the contract.

-°-°-

"Okay and sorry," she said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said regarding furnishings and their plans for when she could move about the house including going up and down the stairs without fainting or being dizzy and about Bunny. "Sounds good but I thought we had a mattress that we could use until we get an actual bed. I brought it up to the room we'd be using when Ave and Cody were over helping me move furniture into the house after you had to get back to training and before you were effected by the potion. Maybe we can help him move around tomorrow," she said in reply just as softly while watching him rub the kitten's head gently with his thumb. "I love you."

-•-•-

"I do and I bet they were," he said in reply before noticing him trying to cover himself with a blanket as well as heard the question he asked while embarrassed. "Oh um yes. Sorry. I'll be in the kitchen making us something to eat," he said with a small blush on his cheeks before heading out of the room and to the kitchen to start getting some pans out to make them some dinner.

"Once it is signed you are free to go when you please. I suggest dawn tomorrow though to avoid traffic and questions." Harold said signing the contract and sealing it with his ring. "And that will give you time to pack up and prepare for the journey home. I will remain in contact with you through messenger hawk though will I my friend?" He asked Xavier handing him the quill to sign. 

----

"A small mattress is not a bed dear. And that mattress isn't all that comfortable either. Yes, have him outside in the grass so he knows the smell and feel of it. " He said with a smile. "I love you too darling. " He said kissing her softly. He got up and went to the kitchen to cook. "These pans are nice. Did you and Avery pick them out?" He said peeking in with a cast iron skillet. 

---

Avery changed into his nightgown and sat down on a chair to read for a little bit while Cody cooked. "Do you think... We could get married if I keep being like a girl?" He said with a blush covered by the book he was reading. 

“Okay and that is a good suggestion on when to leave. I’ll tell Kimberly once we’re finished here so she can start packing if she hasn't already done so,” Xander said before hearing the rest of what he said and the question asked. “Sounds good and of course,” he said before taking the pen and signing it while also putting his own seal from his ring on it beside his name.

-°-°-

“Oh. I just thought that maybe I could sleep on that instead of the couch and you could have the couch so that you’re not laying on the floor. Okay,” she said in reply before hearing his response to her small statement and then kissing him back afterward also before he went into the kitchen to make them some dinner. “Thanks and yes. We went to the market to get a few things,” she said when she saw him peek out of the kitchen while holding a cast iron skillet.

-•-•-

Cody was prepping some spaghetti and had just added the noodles to the boiling water when he heard Avery’s question. He blushed himself but made sure to keep an eye on what he was doing so he wouldn’t burn himself accidentally. “Um I think so if you keep up appearances outside this warehouse,” he said a few minutes later.

Harold then nodded and left to comfort his son who was in the garden. 

----

"I only set you on the couch so I don't have to climb up three flights each time I got water and a meal for you, and with my hand the way it is, I don't want to have my blood pumping harder then it has to. " He said from the kitchen, frying a French style omlet with some soft peach slices that had been soaking in water for her to eat and made himself one with pears.  He handed her a plate of food, setting a glass of milk beside her. "Don't eat too fast now love. You'll get sick if you do. "

-------

"It's been almost a year since I've started this. Only a couple of the winter months coming up and then in the spring it would be a year... Maybe.....after a couple years?" He said with a deeper blush.

Xander and Amelia left the throne room after Harold did, heading to their daughter's guest room where Amelia knocked on her door.

While her parents had been meeting with Harold and Gertrude, Kimberly had been busy packing up her clothes and other things that she had brought with her and was now laying on her bed. When she heard the knock she said, "Come in."

Her parents walked in after that and closed the door again behind them before they had a conversation about her actions as well as the plan for them to leave at dawn to head back to Drunhem. Kimberly apologized profusely to them for having done her selfish actions before nodding in both reply and understanding about when they’d be leaving. “I’ll just read for a bit then and go to bed so that I can be up on time,” she said and her parents nodded before leaving her guest room and then headed to theirs before they started to pack.

-°-°-

“Okay and sorry again for having caused you that injury,” she said in reply before she heard him making food in the kitchen. When he brought out a plate with an omelette on it for her that had peaches inside along with a glass of milk she said with a smile, "Thanks love and I won't. I'll make sure to eat at a normal pace." She then started to eat it slowly while taking a sip of milk in between each bite. "You're a really good cook love. This is delicious," she said once she had finished swallowing a bite of the omelette.

-•-•-

"Sure maybe," he said in reply with the blush still on his cheeks as he finished making the spaghetti and then put it into bowls before bringing them over to the table for them to enjoy along with drinks and napkins. "Here you go," he said before setting the bowl down in front of him and then sitting down next to him afterward with his own bowl before starting to eat.

"Stop being sorry. I'd rather have another scar on my body then to lose you. The knife before was stopped by your leather armor before it hit your kidney. To do it again, without the armor, you would have bled out. Even then, the slightest movement up or down could peirce another organ. You where extremely lucky the first time. I was not going to let it happen a second time. " He said softly stroking her cheek with the back of his fingers on his hurt hand, his right holding the fork oddly. He was left handed, and once again had truble eating with his right hand. He balanced the plate on his knees and cut and scooped the eggs in to his mouth his face lighting up at her complement. "I was in the kitchen a ton for medicines so I was taught a thing or two about cooking. 

-----

Avery thanked him for the meal and set his book down eating in silence. "Did you make the sauce yourself?" He asked. "Or did you find it in a recipe book?"

“I just feel bad that I made you cut your hand because it wasn’t my intention for you to get hurt as I freed you from the effects of that potion. Oh and you wouldn’t have lost me. I was also in control this time and I knew what I was doing. I just wanted to bleed the slightest bit. I didn’t think I was wearing any armor the first time I was stabbed but I should have been. Okay,” she said in reply while enjoying the feeling that him trailing the back of his fingers against her cheek left before hearing what he said in reply to her compliment. “Well, those paid off because you’re really good at it. Maybe you can also teach me how to cook so that when you’re staying at the castle late for extra training, I can make you something to eat when you get back.”

-•-•-

“I made it by looking at a recipe in a book. I wish I knew how to make it without having to look at a recipe but until I have it memorized I’ll have to do that each time,” Cody said in reply after swallowing the bite he had put in his mouth earlier and before he went back to eating some more.

Edited by SkySong278

"That sounds good to me. I have the week to teach you and it'll be something you can do, and help regain your strength as well. I can move the mattress down here so we could sleep together and still be near food for you and milk for the baby..." He said looking down at the kitten who was asleep again.  He managed to eat a few more bites of his omlet. 

-----

"It's still really good. I can cook too, but I usually get home late. When I'm off though, I'd like to make a meal for you and have it ready when you come home like a wife would. " He started to sniker. "Alex tried cooking a few times but ended up burning some cookies we were trying to make for mom and dad. "

“Okay and I should warn you that I’m not very good at it. I accidentally burned cookies once awhile back that I was helping Ave make for our parents. I’m sure that with more practice I’ll get better but thought I’d let you know about that beforehand. I like that idea plus I feel better being near you,” she said before continuing to eat a bit more of her own omelette and then rubbing Bunny’s head gently in small circular motions with her index finger afterward while he slept.

-•-•-

“Well thank you. I don’t mind cooking but that would be a good break from cooking if you did it at times,” he said in reply before eating another couple of bites or so of the spaghetti and then looking a bit curious when Avery started to snicker. “Well I’m sure that with Zane’s help and teaching she’ll be able to be a bit better at it,” he said in reply with a smile before eating another bite of his food.

Edited by SkySong278