TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I wish there was a "clear all" for the house decorating, so I didn't have to delete things one at a time when completely redecorating. It gets tedious.

That 'fix' ruined my awesome(to me) right corner of the middle room:( Still, I could somehow place a couch faced to the right on that square (but I couldn't place a table horizontally - this is what got removed by the 'fix' and what I can't re-do no matter how I tried) the previous arrangement was better eh...

Still no new way to put a table lamp or a toy on a table?

That fix ruined my design, too sad.gif I spent so long getting it right. Blah. Now my floor is ugly sad.gif

Oh.. seems some of the items I did, got really messed up, or simply dont exist based on that list up there. *grumbles* At least some of them are usable.

Edited by Thuban

I have had items (the medium light blue rug and medium green rug in particular) in front of my door and on the spaces to each side, but only when they're arranged vertically instead of horizontally. Since they don't overlap that way I removed them. Mostly I'm irritated that the rugs glitch so that your last put down one ISN'T on top when you exit and re-enter the house - I want a yellow "carpet" with a dark blue rug but every time I exit or refresh the page, the blue one gets buried under the mass of yellow ones again sad.gif

I've noticed a similar layering problem with my desk and chair that I have up against my near wall. I can put the chair in the gap where a chair goes in the desk, and it looks perfect, then I leave and come back and the chair is on top of the desk instead of being partially hidden by it as it should. What it probably is is that the items have a way that they "want" to be layered, a default layering order that it reverts to, rather than saving the layering the user did. (in the case of my desk and chair, the order is correct for desks and chairs facing the default direction) Although in the case of many rugs, that very well might be random.

Well this is going to close soon I guess, so I'd thought I'd drop in and say THANK YOU once again to everyone involved.

Despite the lag and bugs - having Valkemarian Tales return was my favourite thing about the Christmas season this year and I hope it will be made available to play offsite like the first part. My oldschool gamer heart leaps in joy at the graphics and the whole concept (and I will forever be convinced SNOWA has red unruly hair and is the adopted son of the village elder - they all did at that certain point in console gaming).

And the decorating was super fun too and I KNOW I will have a brilliant idea to tweak my house just that tiny bit to make it perfect JUST after it becomes uneditable...

But a special shoutout to whoever designed the DarkBlue stuff because BOOKSHELVES. How could you have a home without tons and tons of bookshelves? o_O

Oh.. seems some of the items I did, got really messed up, or simply dont exist based on that list up there. *grumbles* At least some of them are usable.

Aw sad.gif Would you still share them? smile.gif

Well this is going to close soon I guess, so I'd thought I'd drop in and say THANK YOU once again to everyone involved.

Despite the lag and bugs - having Valkemarian Tales return was my favourite thing about the Christmas season this year and I hope it will be made available to play offsite like the first part. My oldschool gamer heart leaps in joy at the graphics and the whole concept (and I will forever be convinced SNOWA has red unruly hair and is the adopted son of the village elder - they all did at that certain point in console gaming).

And the decorating was super fun too and I KNOW I will have a brilliant idea to tweak my house just that tiny bit to make it perfect JUST after it becomes uneditable...

But a special shoutout to whoever designed the DarkBlue stuff because BOOKSHELVES. How could you have a home without tons and tons of bookshelves? o_O

This. LOVED it all. And I am NOT redecorating because I already HAD stuff on top of tables and beds and I am NOT risking it all falling off.

I hope this will be playable later like part 1 last year smile.gif I want to go sledding all year, and cat herding too.

All of this, cheers!

user posted image

Especially regarding the bookshelves.

And thank you all for another year of fun!

Thank you to all who helped out with Valkemarian Tales! Don't take my (and others) grousing about glitches to heart - it can be frustrating, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who recognizes the humungous amount of effort that was put into this, and really appreciates it!

I've finally got my house - not perfect, because there's no way I'll ever be 100% satisfied with anything unless I can continually edit it all year round (I'm a little overboard of a perfectionist) - but as perfect as I think it can be for now!

I've tried several different themes, and I'm really REALLY torn as to which rugs, green or cream, to use, and most of all - WHAT WINDOWS??? They're all so beautiful and I don't have enough wall space for them all!

Thanks again and I hope you all had a merry holiday!

I grumbled and complained my way through Jolly Follies in 2015, mainly because I don't *do* RPG games so it was very new and very confusing to me. I couldn't get through *any* part of it without the guides in the News thread.

This year has been different. The quests are a lot easier and really only use common sense and a little bit of poking around. The addition of decorating your house is *fabulous* (I'm still testing options for my final house decorations). I would *LOVE* it if this game continued off-site as the 2015 one did.

edit: And yes, a special thank you to whoever did the bookcases!!

Edited by Marie19R

Does Bord stay on the bit of map I originally found him in or could he be anywhere? Does he go in buildings? I've looked behind every tree and building but no sign of him, the sneaky little bugger! smile.gif

I hope this will be playable later like part 1 last year smile.gif I want to go sledding all year, and cat herding too.

Speaking of cats, anyone notice that we don't have our own cat? I want my cute kitten back! And the cat beds don't count.

I guess the game will be over soon. :-(

I must say I loved it. It's so much fun decorating the little house and wandering around two villages helping people. I hope this game will return for another holiday celebration.

Thanks to all the people who made it possible. This game must have taken a lot of work.

Cheers and Happy New Year to you all. :-)

Speaking of cats, anyone notice that we don't have our own cat? I want my cute kitten back! And the cat beds don't count.

If you toggle the cat beds (the ones with the word (cat)) you get a cat in each !

Does Bord stay on the bit of map I originally found him in or could he be anywhere? Does he go in buildings? I've looked behind every tree and building but no sign of him, the sneaky little bugger! smile.gif

In the same map you originally saw him and he asked to play. You might find Where did you find Bord? useful. :3

I just hope no new fixes/edits are made and that our houses will from now on stay exactly as they are left:P ESPECIALLY in case of 'glitchily' placed objects (see my table right next to the door, I'd hate if it went somewhere else after I go to sleep! -DC midnight is 6am my time so I can't be there till the last minutes - nor even hours)smile.gif

user posted image

(poor, empty table in the right room, that darker table lamp would probably help it; and no, I can't go past that dog to the right room:P I had to temporarily move it for the screen-shooting xd.png)

Well, I did not get all the possible items for decorating, since I was gone for the first 5 days, but I got most...I got cat beds!!. So, definitely a fun time playing, beautiful new dragons, and thanks to all involved. Good job, as always!

I just hope no new fixes/edits are made and that our houses will from now on stay exactly as they are left:P ESPECIALLY in case of 'glitchily' placed objects (see my table right next to the door, I'd hate if it went somewhere else after I go to sleep! -DC midnight is 6am my time so I can't be there till the last minutes - nor even hours)smile.gif

user posted image

(poor, empty table in the right room, that darker table lamp would probably help it; and no, I can't go past that dog to the right room:P I had to temporarily move it for the screen-shooting xd.png)

Me too - I have a cat toy on my bed and another on on a table....

Arrgh and I tried to move something and snagged the bed by mistake and the cat is UNDER it and I can't get him out sad.gif

Oh well - I still have one on a table and I am not going NEAR it !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Bookshelves. Awesome! biggrin.gif

Thank you to all the event organizers and designers! smile.gif

And thank you also for our lovely new holiday dragons. smile.gif