Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Alright, time to do Stormcatcher's form then. Note that he DID suffer a serious power down and size down to put him on a comparable level with everyonevelse.

Name: Stormcatcher

Universe: Flight Rising

Species: 0 dragon (The Eleven's tooltips put 0 instead of Deity. I thought it would be better than Deity dragon as his species due to his power down.)

Appearance: Link Reference for body shape, arms (Note that as a result of losing his immortal power, he's now about the size of a mortal Wildclaw, which is to say about 5M from snout to tail tip. I didn't make him the size of a Ridgeback because that is still HUGE.)

Personality: Stormcatcher is very loud, tending to scream rather than talk, and also tending to be a bit in-your-face at time. He gets angry easily, and has a massive ego. He is rather serious, and a bit obssessed with work, treating everything like work. (Which might come complete with him yelling GET BACK TO WORK at someone...) Stormcatcher really doesn't take insults or being talked down to very well at all. He has a tendency to be bossy and arrogant towards others, and is all too happy to fight you qand yell at you if you annoy him too much.

Abilities/Weapons: Lightning magic, sharp mantis-claw arms. He heals when struck by lightning, and it works similarly to Volt Absorb for RP purposes, meaning it is possible to disable this healing power. Note that although a god in his home universe, when he was warped here a lot of his power was taken, making him functionally mortal and just as hurtable as anyone else.

(He has stated he thinks humans look delicious before, which he might accudentally end up saying. Or maybe not so accidentally if someone annoys him.)

(Once again, let me know if you think he's acting OoC, as I need to practise his personality.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yep yep, this all looks good to me~

Though I have to say, what a reversal of fates this is. I hope I'm doing it some justice! If you see anything out of place during your stay here, Dusky, feel free to conspire with tell me!

Of course I will! (Yes, WHAT a reversal...)

Oh, Dusky, as I was skimming through your sheet I noticed you wrote down "Will-O-Wisp" as "Will-O-the-Wisp". :3

I've corrected you on this before, haven't I?

And powering down Stormcatcher isn't that big of a deal after what I've done to Tyrande.... I mean, she's supposed to be one of the most powerful characters in the warcraft universe (aside from gods and titans) and that's partially because, due to the Blessings of Elune, it's VERY hard to kill her... And it makes her pretty powerful. Which is why I've decided to not let A line have any power here. And then I've completely destroyed her powers to something probably can't even be compared to WoW anymore, but I've never even played WoW before and this is HS Tyrande. And HS is essentially it's own canon. (Not that the powers look a lot like HS either but... eh. Who really cares?)

Edited by Felixr2

Let me fix that...

Edit: fixed.

Edit2: Alex's face when she realizes Stormcatcher is a lightning dragon will be GOLD. Even moreso if she realized because a lightning spell healed him.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Let me fix that...

Esit: fixed.

Esit2: Alex's face when she realizes Stormcatcher is a lightning dragon will be GOLD. Even moreso jf she realized because a lightning spell healed him.

OH MY GOD YES. She'll be elated and destroyed simultaneously by this realization. (But this kinda gives her access to a healing method, if only for him, that is. Just point her sword at him and THUNDERTHUNDERTHUNDER biggrin.gif)

I accept this chara. Keep his flight to situational flight, and we'll be good :3

Edited by Sugar-Free

Alrighty, then. Will do! (I'll keep him on the ground unless you state that flyers can fly for a certain scene.) Maybe he fell and injured his wings when he got warped in? And then didn't bother to fly afterwards, even if he got healed?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Alrighty, then. Will do! (I'll keep him on the ground unless you state that flyers can fly for a certain scene.) Maybe he fell and injured his wings when he got warped in? And then didn't bother to fly afterwards, even if he got healed?

Maybe this is when he realizes he's not as immortal as he remembers...~ I wonder if it'd wound his ego any?

UPDATE

Solar and Stormcatcher up in Chara List! Let me know if you have colors in mind and I'll make up the Quick Refs!

I'm thinking orangered for Solar, if Doey's is red (can't tell). Otherwise Solar gets red. The colour I wanted to use for Stormcatcher (cyan) sears the eyes a bit, and... all the other good ones are taken - oh wait. Bold black.

Okay, so...an accidental distraction while Ike and Tyrande acquaint will give time for Ascension and his group to leave without them. I had intended on them and Owain and Co. being farther apart from Ascension than they are in Thaelasan's post, but I can work it to work.

Wow, we're getting Flight Rising now? When will the dragons stop xd.png

Sorry for not posting earlier, I had slight writer's block and was kinda tired. I miiiigggghhhhttt not be able to post tomorrow depending on how things work out, but I'll definitely try. Just a heads up!

I've got an idea for how to keep him landbound.

He's warped in, lands on a wing and breaks it. Naturally angry, he manages to antagonize everyone enough someone tries to electrocute him - but they only manage to heal his wing wrong. (Broken bones can very easily heal wrong if not set...) To Stormcatcher's consternation, the way it's healed means that he can't fly very well, and then barely.

How does that sound?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Just my opinion here, but if Stormcatcher's so angry at his wing then couldn't he rebreak it and fix it? Unless he's really just a wuss under all that bark. The electricity healing thing is a bit weird if you think too hard about it but that's a path I'd rather not go down.

Edit: Well, I guess he might want to leave fixing his wing to some dragon medical professionals in which case it checks out.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I've got an idea for how to keep him landbound.

He's warped in, lands on a wing and breaks it. Naturally angry, he manages to antagonize everyone enough someone tries to electrocute him - but they only manage to heal his wing wrong. (Broken bones can very easily heal wrong if not set...) To Stormcatcher's consternation, the way it's healed means that he can't fly very well, and then barely.

How does that sound?

That moment when Alex is probably going to do irreparable harm to a (debateably friendly) dragon. That moment when hurting someone is utterly and completely her fault.

That moment when Stormcatcher gets an unwanted servant out of guilt

Sorry for not posting earlier, I had slight writer's block and was kinda tired. I miiiigggghhhhttt not be able to post tomorrow depending on how things work out, but I'll definitely try. Just a heads up!

That's fine! Just let me know if you can if you'll be out longer. I had the hardest time yesterday trying to post (because I immediately die after work getting up at 4am is hard), so I understand the struggle. You do you <3

When will the dragons stop

Current Dragon (or Dragon-blooded) Count:

Stormcatcher

Arctic

Vulpes

Alex

Cyil

Soren

Owain

Severa

...I'm starting to gather that people on this site like dragons or something xd.png

Just my opinion here, but if Stormcatcher's so angry at his wing then couldn't he rebreak it and fix it? Unless he's really just a wuss under all that bark. The electricity healing thing is a bit weird if you think too hard about it but that's a path I'd rather not go down.

Edit: Well, I guess he might want to leave fixing his wing to some dragon medical professionals in which case it checks out.

That edit's kinda how I saw it... even someone like him has to admit that he isn't the best healer. That, and the fact the group may not have wraps to keep the wing in the proper place.

Well technically if your body can somehow resist the heat and electric current, you would be able to gain a maximum of 1/4 kWh of power from each lightning strike, which could be used to power the healing process, whereas the heat can speed up the reaction. It kinda makes sense in some way. Oh, and it's magic... but funny how it can be explained scientifically, if you try to.

And Dusky, that's a great idea!

You guys are so creative <3 I love it.

Fun facts no one cares about: Alright, so Cyil's height in reference to Soren's... I was giving my art books a look through recently, and while I've been meaning to clarify it, I didn't think it was necessary until just now. For reference purposes. (It still really isn't, just let me have this moment ; ~; )

So, in-game and somewhat referenced in the Radiant Dawn artbook, Soren's about a head shorter than Ike. Leading male characters are set to a standard of being taller and bulkier than their companions (in most cases.) That being said, I'd put Ike at the ideal height for a beorc at around 6' tall (around 180cm I think). Based on some shifty calculations for the head height of someone of Soren's frame/visible age, and taking into consideration the shape, I'd say he measures in at just about 5'5"-5'6" (around 165cm). Pretty short for a dude, especially since he's about 22 and hasn't grown hardly at all in 6+ years. And those calcs are likely off, but who cares, it works. Still barely taller than Alex and Cyil

If i'm correct about the length/height proportion, Stormcatcher would be about 2-2.5M tall at 5M long, meaning for perspective, he probably outsizes the rest of the group at the higher end of his height range, and at shortest is about the same height as Ike. For the curious: Ridgebacks are about 15-17M long, and the biggest FR breed can top 32M. The deities were canonically stated to be larger than even that. So... yep, serious size difference, but even this small he's still somewhat big in this group.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

If i'm correct about the length/height proportion, Stormcatcher would be about 2-2.5M tall at 5M long, meaning for perspective, he probably outsizes the rest of the group at the higher end of his height range, and at shortest is about the same height as Ike. For the curious: Ridgebacks are about 15-17M long, and the biggest FR breed can top 32M. The deities were canonically stated to be larger than even that. So... yep, serious size difference, but even this small he's still somewhat big in this group.

Wow, I knew they were huge, but jeesh! 32M...@.@...Oh yeah, he got shrinky-dinked in his travels to Smashlandia.

UPDATE

Solar and Stormcatcher now up in Quick Ref!

Before I leave for bed, I have to say that Cyil and Soren's interaction is the most hilariously tenuous and methodical stuff I've ever seen xd.png I love these two so much. Here's to hoping they can overcome their similarities.

*Pops in to say that a height of 6 ft. actually more accurately converts to 183 cm, rather than 180.* :3

Edited by Felixr2

Well technically if your body can somehow resist the heat and electric current, you would be able to gain a maximum of 1/4 kWh of power from each lightning strike, which could be used to power the healing process, whereas the heat can speed up the reaction. It kinda makes sense in some way. Oh, and it's magic... but funny how it can be explained scientifically, if you try to.

And Dusky, that's a great idea!

Oh, I wasn't talking about how the healing worked, but rather the fact that it can heal wrong, bringing up all sort of other questions about the healing itself (like why one situation would cause it to heal wrong and another would cause it to heal correctly).

On Soren's height: While he may not be too much taller, Cyil is still sitting due to his order, making him seem a bit taller. All this great interaction is why I chose for Cyil to pass over Soren rather than Ike. xd.png

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Am I the first one to notice it's ironic that Arctic has a name she probably can't even pronounce herself?

Uhm... Dalek... it's not Bellossom. It's Blossom. Blossom is a woman. xd.png I understand how it can be confusing...

Uhm... Dalek... it's not Bellossom. It's Blossom. Blossom is a woman. xd.png I understand how it can be confusing...

FailFish sorry, I was barely awake when I typed that and for some reason I out Bellossom. But that is going to be very confusing for me o.o

Oh, I wasn't talking about how the healing worked, but rather the fact that it can heal wrong, bringing up all sort of other questions about the healing itself (like why one situation would cause it to heal wrong and another would cause it to heal correctly).

On Soren's height: While he may not be too much taller, Cyil is still sitting due to his order, making him seem a bit taller. All this great interaction is why I chose for Cyil to pass over Soren rather than Ike. xd.png

Actually, what always confused me was how a healing power'd just up and heal the broken bone right. Saying it's MAGIC doesn't handwave away the fact that the healing magic often isn't described as being able to telekinetically manipulate things... and that's what implicitly happens healing a broken bone that hasn't been held in the right place.

Plus, lightning being Stormcatcher's healing factor, it'd be kiiinda hard to explain how that would telekinetically put his wing in the right place, no? So when it heals, it heals using the position the wing was in at the time, resulting in a lame wing.

(This probably just sounds like rambling...)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon