Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

UPDATE: PLEASE READ

I've come to realize that there's been a bit of dissonance regarding the presence of so many Fire Emblem characters in the RP. As mod, it's my responsibility to reach out to you and ask how I can rectify the situation. Now, I cannot and will not remove these characters from play; even when Dusky was mod, these characters were legal under their rules. BUT, as Fire Emblem has reached an almost unprecedented popularity in the last four years or so, and many people will want to play their favorites from the rosters of the most recent games, I understand how it can be overwhelming for those who have little to no experience with the series.

What I proposed was a quick reference at the bottom or top of the RP, listing: Character Name, a linked picture, their personality and their means of battle. Other than wiki links (which I feel won't help), this is all I can come up with for now. However, if you have you own ideas, please feel free to come to me with them.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Thank you!

Also, Felix: Shawn is fixed in the IC! Make sure it all looks good.

It all looks good, except both mentions of Aurora Dribble have the description, while it's only necessary for the first one... And maybe put Aurora Dribble on the top of the list for the merged form as well, if it's not too much work? I like listing these things in a particular order (defensive, "status", dribble, "steal", offensive, followed by how strong the specific techniques are). I sincerely apologize for not clearly mentioning these things previously. sad.gif

Don't worry S-F, I was going to ask anyway about something if I get lost. And thanks for the advice Felix. I tend to read the RPs I'm in cause I don't like to miss out on anything. Can I suggest that if people start sprouting on and on about FE in the RP, maybe try to group them together (if we seperate) so that way I'm not having to read through the the posts ignoringly and missing someone address my characters and having PMs sent to me saying, 'hey, this person addressed one of your characters.' or smt like that?

It all looks good, except both mentions of Aurora Dribble have the description, while it's only necessary for the first one... And maybe put Aurora Dribble on the top of the list for the merged form as well, if it's not too much work? I like listing these things in a particular order (defensive, "status", dribble, "steal", offensive, followed by how strong the specific techniques are). I sincerely apologize for not clearly mentioning these things previously. sad.gif

Alright, I have it fixed better this time! I'm huge on organization myself, so I get it biggrin.gif

And Felix, you flatter me wub.gif. But he isn't wrong--I have experience with all but 3 of the 14 Fire Emblem games, so I'm pretty qualified to answer anything you don't understand (if you don't outright ignore canon mentionings, which is fine :3) As for character backstories, in the end they don't matter (if that's what you're hung up on.) The only reason they get brought up is to function as insights into why those charas do/act the way they do. I'm fairly certain that Thaelasan and Silver haven't even played the FE games that Soren and Ike are from (if only for the reason that they are UNGODLY EXPENSIVE to purchase), but I can give them a look into how they function because you may not understand otherwise.

Though the point of the RP is to get Ascension from point A to point B, these characters will interact and even befriend one another, and I just want to offer a way to convey that beyond how they first appear, even someone like Alex isn't a total cloud cuckoolander/dragon lover/Corrin slanderer without reason. That's just how I write <:3

Also keep in mind that I have only casual experience with Pokemon, and none with Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, and Inazuma Eleven (I tried, honest ; ~; I'm not good at sports games.) I'll need your help too! (As I'm sure Felix remembers, because I'm a total scrublord at Pokemon.)

Don't worry S-F, I was going to ask anyway about something if I get lost. And thanks for the advice Felix. I tend to read the RPs I'm in cause I don't like to miss out on anything. Can I suggest that if people start sprouting on and on about FE in the RP, maybe try to group them together (if we seperate) so that way I'm not having to read through the the posts ignoringly and missing someone address my characters and having PMs sent to me saying, 'hey, this person addressed one of your characters.' or smt like that?

Sure. I've sorta tried to so far. The good thing is is that really, all that's happening right now is talking between everyone. I haven't decided if Ike's gonna find the group or literally just scout for a bit. I plan on keeping the FE charas relatively tight, if only because I have a few plot elements that I want them to work through (like Alex hating Cyil for no actual reason, Soren needs more than one friend, etc.)

Hey Sugar, how many characters am I allowed?

Hey Sugar, how many characters am I allowed?

As many as you can comfortably play :3

Also, I added the Quick Ref right under the Current Events post at the beginning of the IC, fourth post down. Check it out!

Edited by Sugar-Free

Agh, so many posts after just a small break to finish homework and eat.

I'm really sorry if the references in my posts confuse people! I debated whether or not I should explain, but in the end it felt too awkward to work explanations in for every reference so I kinda just left it. Like Sugar-Free said, the specific stories don't really matter, but if you really want to know Anankos is just the villain of the FE game that Corrin comes from and Azura for all intents and purposes is just a person. I did kind of try to convey the general idea across but if it's really that confusing I can try to keep references to a minimum.

I totally understand reference confusion as I've experienced it myself, so let me know how I can help! Admittedly I'm not too familiar with FE, but at least I'm a Pokemon expert so those references won't confuse me? that is, sun/moon stuff aside because I'm a cheapskate who always waits for games to go on sale before buying them

Just gonna pop in super quick and say that GMing the old RP, I actually didn't know much, if anything, about Fire Emblem or F-Zero (or a couple others) beyond what appeared in Smash.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Name: Doey

Universe: Pokemon

Species: Human

Appearance: Doey is really tall, standing proudly at 6'3". He has brown hair with emerald green eyes and a dark tan for spending time in the Orre Region. He wears a white lab coat over a black shirt and blue jeans.

Personality: Doey has a really laid back personality that he likes to take it one step at a time. He takes pride in his experiments and his smooth talking voice has the ability to attract Pokemon and make them feel safe.

History: Doey has been with the rebound of Cipher since almost the beginning, coming from the Kalos Region. He was an ambitious scientist, but had a much darker side. He loved to experiment with Pokémon which got him kicked out of his job for it. He then traveled to another region, which was Orre and during his second week, he met a man called the Shadow Master. He agreed to be work with him to recreate Cipher and their Shadow Pokémon. Since then, they have made members and captured legendaries.

Abilities/Weapons: He has a Shadow Tapu Koko, a Gastrodon-Sligoo fusion, an Alolan Ninetails, and a Sceptile

Shadow Tapu Koko:

Appearance: instead of its regular colors, the crest of Tapu Koko is completely red, it's enitre body is black, almost mimicking its shiny form but the markings are completely red as well.

Ability: Shadow Terrain (allows shadow moves to be much more powerful for five turns)

Moves:

Shadow Madness (The user hits the target with the force of the shadows. It halves the target's HP)

Shadow Charge (The user shrouds itself in shadows and smashes into its target. This also damages the user a little)

Shadow Panic (confuses the opponent)

Shadow Swipe (much like False Swipe, it leaves the opponent with one HP 1)

Gastrodon-Sliggoo fusion

Appearance: at first glance, it looks like a normal Sliggoo, but it has the shell of an Eastern Gastrodon.

Ability: Storm Drain (Water-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Water-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP ATK is raised one stage)

Moves:

Water Pulse, Rain Dance, Dragon Pulse, Body Slam

Alolan Ninetails

Ability: Snow Cloak

Moves:

Ice Beam, Hex, Hypnosis, Freeze Dry

Sceptile

Ability: Normal-Overgrow Mega- Lightning Rod

Held Item: Sceptilite

Moves:

Leaf Storm, X-Scissor, Dragon Claw, Protect

WHO REMEMBERS OUR FAVORITE SCIENTIST!!!???

Appearance: Doey is really tall, standing proudly at 6'3". He has brown hair with emerald green eyes and a dark tan for spending time in the Orre Region. He wears a white lab coat over a black shirt and blue jeans.

Personality: Doey has a really laid back personality that he likes to take it one step at a time. He takes pride in his experiments and his smooth talking voice has the ability to attract Pokemon and make them feel safe.

History: Doey has been with the rebound of Cipher since almost the beginning, coming from the Kalos Region. He was an ambitious scientist, but had a much darker side. He loved to experiment with Pokémon which got him kicked out of his job for it. He then traveled to another region, which was Orre and during his second week, he met a man called the Shadow Master. He agreed to be work with him to recreate Cipher and their Shadow Pokémon. Since then, they have made members and captured legendaries.

Abilities/Weapons: He has a Shadow Tapu Koko, a Gastrodon-Sligoo fusion, an Alolan Ninetails, and a Sceptile

Shadow Tapu Koko:

Appearance: instead of its regular colors, the crest of Tapu Koko is completely red, it's enitre body is black, almost mimicking its shiny form but the markings are completely red as well.

Ability: Shadow Terrain (allows shadow moves to be much more powerful for five turns)

Moves:

Shadow Madness (The user hits the target with the force of the shadows. It halves the target's HP)

Shadow Charge (The user shrouds itself in shadows and smashes into its target. This also damages the user a little)

Gastrodon-Sliggoo fusion

Appearance: at first glance, it looks like a normal Sliggoo, but it has the shell of an Eastern Gastrodon.

Ability: Storm Drain (Water-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Water-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP ATK is raised one stage)

Moves:

Alolan Ninetails

Moves:

Sceptile

Moves:

I DO I DO!!!!!!!!!! HE RETURNS

Next time on TEGS: The Second Coming of Doe-Eyes

EDIT: I now have the sudden urge to revive Out of the Shadows. Or bring back Valtome, at least. Or bring back Soren the Shadow Lugia and make my life even harder

Edited by Sugar-Free

I DO I DO!!!!!!!!!! HE RETURNS

Next time on TEGS: The Second Coming of Doe-Eyes

Pffftttt! I might actually try to reboot it for newer players, if I'm not being too lazy about it

Shadow Tapu Koko:

Moves:

Gastrodon-Sliggoo fusion

Moves:

Alolan Ninetails

Moves:

Sceptile

Moves:

Is this a reference to that shadow pokemon RP? Because if so, all we need is a certain troubled Xerneas and a jealous Mew to come back. *wink wink*

I know the real name of this: TEGS: The Triangle of Jealousy

Alright, tomorrow for sure I'll be sure to make a reboot so certain legendaries will be freed up

Also, don't forget about that manipulative Giratina wink.gifwink.gif

MY BODY IS READY. FEED ME THE ONE-SIDED ANGST PLS

Also, Silver, who do you prefer to interact with first? Technically, by this time, Ike would be closer, but I'd totally fine with her passing him over and happening upon Soren :3 Depending on your answer is who I'll post for next.

MY BODY IS READY. FEED ME THE ONE-SIDED ANGST PLS

Also, Silver, who do you prefer to interact with first? Technically, by this time, Ike would be closer, but I'd totally fine with her passing him over and happening upon Soren :3 Depending on your answer is who I'll post for next.

Um....Sugar? I don't want to start posting as Doey if you didn't accept him

Um....Sugar? I don't want to start posting as Doey if you didn't accept him

Shat, I think I got ninja'd again D: Let me look him over one more time when I go to break, but I'm pretty sure he's good.

Shadow Tapu Koko:

Moves:

Gastrodon-Sliggoo fusion

Moves:

Alolan Ninetails

Moves:

Sceptile

Moves:

Approved! I'll post him in the IC later. Feel free ti go ahead an post.

Uhm... It might sound a bit ridiculous... and that's because it probably is... but I just was like... what if... maybe... I'd make a character... based on Hearthstone.

I mean, it'd be pretty awesome to play as one of the HS heroes (I'd love to play Tyrande) but I'm trash on WoW abilities and such... so I thought maybe I could base her powers on Hearthstone instead... I could give her access to 30 abilities (not all unique, some doubles) which would at least be kind of based on HS cards, and she then could only use those abilities, limited to the number of times (1 or 2) they show up in the list per battle, and the added mana cost of the original HS equivalents of the abilities she uses can't exceed 10 per post, and for further balance reasons I'd say 15 ~ 17 per battle. (this number is completely arbitrary, just what I think would be balanced looking at the priest cards) And she'd of course have her hero power, Lesser Heal, which would let her heal a single character a little bit once each post, for 2 mana.

In addition to this, all "bosses" (Eos, Nix, possible other important foes) and PCs would count as heroes, making them untargetable by things like Shadow Word: Death (destroy a minion with 5 or more attack) or even worse, Mind Control (Take control of an enemy minion... for 10 mana.) I would like to have her run 1 copy of Mind Control, just to get her a pet. Note that it would be the only power she'd be able to use in that post... and she'd only have 5 ~ 7 mana left for the rest of the battle.

For the rest, I think any minions would just be summons that disappear at the end of the battle no matter what.

I know, this is ridiculous, and I would understand it completely if it doesn't get accepted... I just thought it would be kind of a cool idea...

But just to give you an idea, I was thinking about running 6 minions (2 of each) and 10 spells (8 spells of which she'd run 2, a single Mind Control and a single Shadow Word: Death)

I do think it'd make the most sense if all of the Pokémon would count as minions... Power Word: Tentacles incoming. (5 mana: give a minion +2/+6 (+2 attack and +6 health, so a minor attack buff and a pretty big defense buff))

The more I think about it, the more I think it could actually work if I get the skill set just right... maybe I would have to add something that she "unlocks" some of the cards as the story progresses... SW: Death and MC would be two of those cards, obviously. And Arcane Giants. All the Arcane Giants!!! (12 mana: 8/8 costs 1 mana less for every spell you've cast this game [read:this battle], yes, if the battle lasts long enough they could hit 0, but that's kind of their point)

Nifty to me. I played Hearthstone but never really got addicted to it like a lot of my friends did.

And our favourite scientist has been posted.

Wait, we were allowed six skills even if they were Awakening chars? I thought we followed game rules.

Well DAMN Owain and Severa can have another. But then again, I guess having each other is a skill in and of itself.

Wait, we were allowed six skills even if they were Awakening chars? I thought we followed game rules.

Well DAMN Owain and Severa can have another. But then again, I guess having each other is a skill in and of itself.

We are. I wanted to keep up to date with Fates, because in all technicalities and loopholes and some such, these charas could appear in Fates because loloutrealms.

If I went by game rules for this, it'd end up making things more confusing, because Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn have VASTLY different skill distribution rules (it's based on a point system, and would only allow Ike/Soren to have two, mebbe three skills in total). I just want all the FE charas to operate on the same level, where no unfair advantages come about because of the progression of the series' mechanics. Like, you can make them special, but not utterly and completely outshine the rest.

Also, it cuts down on confusion, even for a veteran like myself. I really don't want them more complicated than need be.

Also, Thaelasan, you'll need to give me a bit before I get back to you in PM. I just got off work and I'm dying D:

As for Felix...uh...hm...Post me...something? I don't know ANYTHING about Hearthstone. I don't know how to even tell if a chara would be balanced in it...

Put up a profile and I'll give it a looksie. I'll be honest, I'm gonna need a LOT of handholding on this one, and I can't guarantee I'll accept it, but I want to at least try <:3

And our favourite scientist has been posted.

Dalek, Doey is officially up in the IC/Quick Ref! Give it a look at your convenience~