Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

When they try to open the stardoor, is it going to "muh ha ha" and tell them they don't have enough stars ?

yes

Dusky, I had Alex loose a bit of lightning from her sword that's gonna end up hitting Stormcatcher. It should be enough to heal his wing, but not in the correct position. I'm leaving it vague in case you don't want her to.

I'm posting this up, and I'm adding Soren later. Sorry for the lateness!

yes

Dusky, I had Alex loose a bit of lightning from her sword that's gonna end up hitting Stormcatcher. It should be enough to heal his wing, but not in the correct position. I'm leaving it vague in case you don't want her to.

I'm posting this up, and I'm adding Soren later. Sorry for the lateness!

Keh heh heh. It will.

I apologize guys but I don't think Severa's kick can open this door. It can only do so much. Unless you just let her keep doing it.

But I'm fairly certain Sugar-Free wants this door to be hard to open...

OH MY GOD ARE WE ABOUT TO GO THROUGH SUPER MARIO 64.

I apologize guys but I don't think Severa's kick can open this door. It can only do so much. Unless you just let her keep doing it.

But I'm fairly certain Sugar-Free wants this door to be hard to open...

OH MY GOD ARE WE ABOUT TO GO THROUGH SUPER MARIO 64.

It maaay be in our heroes' best interests not to demolish the door. I'd certainly hate it if...oh, listen to me ramble! You'll find out soon enough~

Even if it only has a physical effect if the character's biology is at least partially magic-based, I think Tyrande would still be affected a bit. The Stormrage bros. both had their body shift a lot because of their immense power, and it seems to me as if it would make some sort of sense if being blessed with the powers of a goddess/eternal/elemental lord's eye would have a similar effect, although it's not really visible (and never canonically stated... as far as I know). Also, the name "kaldorei" is Darnassian for "children of the stars". That name would suggest at least some magic going on in their origin/biology, right?

I should've just gone for Sylvanas instead... the effects of the poison on a banshee that just so happened to be able to possess it's original body would be a lot easier to determine. Pretty rough.

Even if it only has a physical effect if the character's biology is at least partially magic-based, I think Tyrande would still be affected a bit. The Stormrage bros. both had their body shift a lot because of their immense power, and it seems to me as if it would make some sort of sense if being blessed with the powers of a goddess/eternal/elemental lord's eye would have a similar effect, although it's not really visible (and never canonically stated... as far as I know). Also, the name "kaldorei" is Darnassian for "children of the stars". That name would suggest at least some magic going on in their origin/biology, right?

I should've just gone for Sylvanas instead... the effects of the poison on a banshee that just so happened to be able to possess it's original body would be a lot easier to determine. Pretty rough.

I think another way to try defining it is to specify that there is a clear difference between "Using Magic", and "Being Magic". It's sorta moot for now, seeing as I don't want to come off as a one-trick pony only using panther poison™, though I suppose we'll need to get it sorted if/when they return.

UPDATE

As soon as Cyil is posted for next, I will be giving out details for their designated lodging: The Tower of Valni.

As for you folks in Peach's Castle: yes, you WILL be sent on a short quest to get stars! Only five, in the same course because I don't know if everyone wants to go painting-hopping, but the Star Door is willing to take pity on Ascension and drops the requirement from 8.

What will lie beyond? Well...we'll see!

If anyone has a specific painting, feel free to request it. I'm currently debating between Tick-Tock Clock and Shifting Sands Land.

More updates likely to come. Also, major post for all my charas! Check it out! I'll also be updating the "Last Time on TEGS..." soon...

Also: TODAY ON "DID YOU KNOW: GAMING"

Did You Know? Both Lehran's Medallion and the Omega Yato are considered Fire Emblems in their respective games? A Fire Emblem [for which the series is named] is usually a maguffin that has some fire-based attribute that is crucial to the story (i.e, the medallion "burns" with blue flames, Omega Yato is A FLAMING CHAINSAW)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Omega Yato is metal as hell.

Anyway, yeah I wasn't certain how you wanted to go about this whole thing.

Also, you really want Severa to break this door, don't you.

Look even if we get the power stars, I can feel Severa's anger coursing through my hands. Peach is going to be missing a few doors if she ever comes back alive.

Quite a few. As in, most of them will be found outside with the animals, shredded, with angry insults written on them.

Thaelasan, we can't find Bowser, because Bowser is ded along with all the other Smash Royalty that isn't in use as a character. (Not sure if any of the current smash characters are royalty at all...)

Or is there some exception being made to this that I don't know of? D: Are there two Bowsers? Will Bowser get reincarnated? WHAT'SAPPENING???!!!!!

Edited by Felixr2

Omega Yato is metal as hell.

Anyway, yeah I wasn't certain how you wanted to go about this whole thing.

Also, you really want Severa to break this door, don't you.

Look even if we get the power stars, I can feel Severa's anger coursing through my hands. Peach is going to be missing a few doors if she ever comes back alive.

Quite a few. As in, most of them will be found outside with the animals, shredded, with angry insults written on them.

Pfffft She'll kick down the whole castle and that damn Star Door will be standing out of its frame, perfectly resolute and giving her hell

Yep, we're goin' on a Star hunt! Again, if you have a certain painting in the castle in mind, let me know. Ascension can explain the rules of star hunting (collecting 100 coins, the 7 red coins, finding them as they are, beating bosses etc.) and I could separate the group down to 5 if needed.

but srsly Severa's gonna snap a synapse at this point xd.png

Oh so Lucina is dead.

Owain is gonna cry that was his cousin oh noes.

We are so fortunate Severa has a husband who knows how to calm her down - somewhat. God I love playing this kind of couple.

Edited by Thaelasan

Oh so Lucina is dead.

Owain is gonna cry that was his cousin oh noes.

We are so fortunate Severa has a husband who knows how to calm her down - somewhat. God I love playing this kind of couple.

she was technically Alex's daughter once

Doncha remember? I said if you're playing Owain and Severa, your princess is perpetually in another castle (RELEVANT JOKES HA HA)

The only living/playable Smesh Royal is Corrin, as Cyil is royalty.

Edited by Sugar-Free

I thought that's who you meant but I honestly wasn't sure.

Man Owain is going to be so sad.

Either way, time for Owain and Severa to single-handedly get five stars.

user posted image

No that couldn't possibly be a spoiler. Heaven forbid.

Edited by Thaelasan

I thought that's who you meant but I honestly wasn't sure.

Man Owain is going to be so sad.

Either way, time for Owain and Severa to single-handedly get five stars.

user posted image

No that couldn't possibly be a spoiler. Heaven forbid.

Thaelasan, do you intend on Severa and Owain going separately to a painting together? By themselves?

Also, before splitting the groups (if that's what I end up deciding, only because 13 people in a course is overkill), I'd like to know who has experience with the game and its mechanics. I'm hoping all, but I'd be guessing at age groups now. I'll prolly pop in with information on the courses as they proceed to hinder and help when you're stuck or doing too well, but I want each group to have someone who knows the game in them.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Oh, are Cyil and Soren going to go to Peach's castle directly, or are they going to pass the other group on the way? And are both groups going to go star finding? Because I have no knowledge of Mario besides Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart.

Oh, are Cyil and Soren going to go to Peach's castle directly, or are they going to pass the other group on the way? And are both groups going to go star finding? Because I have no knowledge of Mario besides Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart.

No, Soren and Cyil will be going to Tower of Valni, and T Team will be catching up to find them. They have their own fun they'll have to deal with as the scale the tower...

Kali and Blossom will probably be coming by either before or after Star Hunting in the Dead Princess's Castle to retrieve T Team in Tower of Valni. If they come before, they'll be assisting in Tower of Valni; if they come after, they'll be responsible for leading the group to the Princess's Castle.

Oh ok, but what is a Tower of Valni? Should I know what that is??? Can Cyil just fly over it even though there's a storm?

Edit: I know you said that it would be revealed after Cyil's post, but I have a few options for what she could do and it'd be helpful to know.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I've gotten 100% on both versions of the game since they came out.

(I beat it every year or so)

So yeah, I know super Mario 64.

I call Dire Dire Docks. Ratchet can filter oxygen from water with the O2 Mask build into his suit.

Edited by padfoot

Oh ok, but what is a Tower of Valni? Should I know what that is??? Can Cyil just fly over it even though there's a storm?

Ah, it's a location from FE: Sacred Stones. I'll provide maps for it to give an idea of what to expect. It's basically a 9-floor dungeon made for grinding, so it has no lore or anything. Cyil...might want to just walk. It's not far.

UPDATE

Added Dire, Dire Docks in place of Lethal Lava Land! Adding info for Tower of Valni soon!

UPDATE 2.0

Maps of Tower of Valni If you scroll a bit, you can see the floors in order. Nothing else on the page matters.

Now, the Tower of Valni is a popular spot to grind for unit experience in Sacred Stones. The place has no associated lore, though there are depictions of dragons on walls and pillars, indicating some connection. The stonework is ancient and of a bluish-grey tone. There is only one entrance, and your certain you can't bash your way in (door's open, anyway). I will likely not use all 9 floors of Valni.

Edited by Sugar-Free

I played the game when it came out. I was four at the time.

So yes, I know a lot about it.

And yes, Owain and Severa will solo some stars unless someone wants to come with.

I played the game when it came out. I was four at the time.

So yes, I know a lot about it.

And yes, Owain and Severa will solo some stars unless someone wants to come with.

It's only necessary for them to find one, as there's only a 5-star requirement. I mean, y'know, if they wanna overachieve, sure :3

they might end up getting more than what they asked for :3

My characters always seem to become the enemies of everyone else. I'd wonder why, but I kinda get it. Also, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to open the Whomp door. Now I'm just messing up everything.

That's why I asked if I could do Whomp's Fortress.

Edited by Thaelasan

My characters always seem to become the enemies of everyone else. I'd wonder why, but I kinda get it. Also, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to open the Whomp door. Now I'm just messing up everything.

That's why I asked if I could do Whomp's Fortress.

Well, Ascension only assumed it was sealed, just like he assumed the castle didn't function. I intended to consider all paintings, which is why I asked.

And I'm being totally serious! If Owain and Severa want to collect in Whomp's Fortress and get 5 stars, then head through the Star Door, which is perfectly fine, they can! Buuut...who knows what might be behind there? I think it would be interesting if they did.

If you're playing characters with super-abrasive personalities, characters who don't appreciate it aren't going to. That's just how it goes. It's nothing personal, it's all part of the RP. Since Ascension is sortof considered Neutral Good, he's not going to try upending their values for the sake of his feelings, which is why he didn't say anything. To give another few example, I'm 100% certain if they spoke to Ike like they do Ascension and Ratchet, Soren would go absolutely ape**** on them; Alex doesn't really care because she's seen these kids a billiony times, she knows their deal (and she kinda feels responsible, even though she isn't a part of their timeline).

[i'm honestly surprised Silver's put up with Soren being so tedious with everything, but I'm writing him as close to canon as possible (he doesn't interact a lot with anyone outside of his job and Ike, so I imagine him in his half-useless state to be extra extra careful).]

If Owain and Severa were trying to talk to Stormcatcher like that, you would have a brawl. And he'd probably be out for blood too. He... doesn't have the type of personality to be patient with that. (And yes, I think at least one person will end up hating SC's guts too...

Maybe it'll be mutual hate between Severa and Stormcatcher.)

Solar... she doesn't like them, so that type of tone might incite a fight, too. Especially her Rash Nature. Unlike Stormcatcher, Solar WOULDN'T be trying to kill them though, as she doesn't like killing and she wouldn't take it as as much of an insult as Stormcatcher would.

For reference, Stormcatcher is Chaotic Neutral in terms of alignment and Solar is somewhere between Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Good, leaning towards (slightly) Chaotic Good, but probably flux between Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, and Neutral Good.