Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

"Dampens Light magic"

Oooo. Lightweaver is a being of Light. Meaning the solar energy is going to have fun ...

EDIT: Posted Solar. I'm waiting for Ascension hefore I do LW - the reply or lack thereof to her question will likely determine how LW reacts. Solar is Rash nature, hence her jumping in (let you devide if it's before or after sn answer, though I wrote it as likely before).

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Out of curiosity, what did Eos kill?

Also, I got a late post up for Aine (it's 11 where I am right now), but I can't tell if I let a bit of Cyil's post style leak in. I try to use different narration wording with them, but I'm really sleepy right now so I tend to lean towards Cyil-style writing. Being formal is easier than being cheerful when you're tired. *^*

"I WILL HAVE FUN" - Aine 2017

Edited by Silverphoenixx

@Silver

I think I know.

Buuut it's somewhat spoilers. Won't say it unless Sugar thinks I can... hehe. .

-

(I can't even write cheerful - I actually dropped bringing in a certain character TWICE due to that.)

Well...she didn't kill anything or anyone. That's all Nix's doing, after all; he's quite the puppeteer. Why control the living when you can reanimate them without will? biggrin.gif

'Course, that's not just Eos being haughty when she comments on his "piteous strength"...

But! Dusky is right: if context isn't enough for now, all will become illucidated soon~

As for Aine questioning whether Alex would be aware of the things she asks about (and doesn't): she has a solid and functioning grasp on electricity. It comes with the territory, and Castle Siege was lit with it instead of sconces and fire (but she opted for oil lamps to compose her filthy fanfiction by, by golly). We discussed how Alex would know what "internet" was, and I'll share it here:

Internet hotspots were set up in active stages and the Smansion so that competitors would have something to bide their time whilst in between training and competition. Intact stages should still have internet access (unless deemed otherwise), and being withing proximity of them grants users at least a few bars of access. Since I don't know yet how potentially game-breaking its use could be, its usage and applicability are still liable to change at any time.

There's, like, two people who could potentially use it at this time without terminals (and that's entirely dependent on whether Ratchet has/wants that capability), and YAY FOR REALISM IT'S PASSWORD PROTECTED biggrin.gif Good thing there's a a roster chara in play who's tech-savvy enough to have utilized it :3

Speaking of, Alex probably knows what "caffeine" is. If not from her homeland (with an associated term...it wasn't named until the 1800s), she knows from the Magic Internet, since she has that tendency to become obsessive with anything she loves. Even disregarding that, there's a ton of modern charas she's met, and she's had to have heard it in passing at least enough to connect the dots. Additionally, since she's a self-professed tea snob, she'd know which types of tea are best for what situation

And herbal teas are typically non-caffeinated.

I'm gonna try to post again tonight! I will probably be able to do so, but I can't guarantee anything. I mean, my parents won't be home - I think - so I should be able to post.

And Silver, those are some lovely badges you made for Wings of Change! <3 I'm sporting one myself, as you can see. ^^

Just putting this here for future reference:

I think Xker has the capability to use Internet as well (via aer comm device), but probably doesn't know the word. (Note I said word, as aer's run into a similar concept before.) Sldo, aer has a translator. While msny galactic languages are programmed into it, it has to learn non-preprogrammed languages. I think SPORE humans would be using a different language given how empires work in that universe+we aren't necessarily in the Milky Way as our galaxy, and I feel the galaxy the Volts are in isn't the Milky Way. Mraning there'll be a couple posts of language confusion and Xker clicking and rumbling before aer translator figures the party's speech out.

Also noting here that while Stormcatcher is possibly unfamiliar with electricity (they use Lightning magic in his world, and it can be argued that occurences of electricity in other worlds are occurences of Lightning magic in Sornieth), he does know about tech but likely not something like the internet - his technological knowledge is more machine-oriented.

Lightweaver vaguely knows a bit about some of the stuff Lightning Flight makes, but not much. Solar has seen technology in use, but doesn't know how to actually work it.

Hmm... I think that, besides Tyrande, all of my characters would be very capable of using the internet. They're humans living in a world based on modern day earth. Inazuma Eleven is literally set on an alternate version of the earth; they're literally using the map. The first two seasons completely take place in Japan (with some flashbacks to occurences in the USA). And the third season is the Football Frontier International, where we also see characters from countries like South Korea, Australia, Italy, England and many more!

Tyrande... well... I don't think she's the kind of person to get really involved with the internet. Her own way of living has worked for thousands of years, why suddenly change that?

Well...she didn't kill anything or anyone. That's all Nix's doing, after all; he's quite the puppeteer. Why control the living when you can reanimate them without will? biggrin.gif

'Course, that's not just Eos being haughty when she comments on his "piteous strength"...

But! Dusky is right: if context isn't enough for now, all will become illucidated soon~

As for Aine questioning whether Alex would be aware of the things she asks about (and doesn't): she has a solid and functioning grasp on electricity. It comes with the territory, and Castle Siege was lit with it instead of sconces and fire (but she opted for oil lamps to compose her filthy fanfiction by, by golly). We discussed how Alex would know what "internet" was, and I'll share it here:

Internet hotspots were set up in active stages and the Smansion so that competitors would have something to bide their time whilst in between training and competition. Intact stages should still have internet access (unless deemed otherwise), and being withing proximity of them grants users at least a few bars of access. Since I don't know yet how potentially game-breaking its use could be, its usage and applicability are still liable to change at any time.

There's, like, two people who could potentially use it at this time without terminals (and that's entirely dependent on whether Ratchet has/wants that capability), and YAY FOR REALISM IT'S PASSWORD PROTECTED biggrin.gif Good thing there's a a roster chara in play who's tech-savvy enough to have utilized it :3

Speaking of, Alex probably knows what "caffeine" is. If not from her homeland (with an associated term...it wasn't named until the 1800s), she knows from the Magic Internet, since she has that tendency to become obsessive with anything she loves. Even disregarding that, there's a ton of modern charas she's met, and she's had to have heard it in passing at least enough to connect the dots. Additionally, since she's a self-professed tea snob, she'd know which types of tea are best for what situation

And herbal teas are typically non-caffeinated.

Okay, I guess I'll have to wait then... *is bad at understanding context clues*

But Aine doesn't know any of that yet~! She may have come from the modern world and seen video games, but video game logic tends to require some suspension of disbelief and doesn't really mention the internet/scientific knowledge. As a general rule of thumb, it's safer to assume something doesn't exist in a video game if it's not mentioned. Aine also doesn't have magic tea-vision, so she'd just automatically assume it's caffeinated because seriously you don't want energy rush Aine it's scary.

And thank you Felixr2!

Edited by Silverphoenixx

They're humans living in a world based on modern day earth.

Which is why I said only two could really utilize it...without terminals (because Ratchet and Aine would have readily-available tech for it at any time.) I actually had no idea how adept Val/Kali/Blossom would be at using it (I understand the main hub for trading/storing/organizing Pokemon is internet based, but yanno), but Shawn would definitely be a solid performer :3

And @Silver that's what Alex is here for! The presence of internet will become readily available once/if she gets her phone charged, but Alex will be swift to correct her about the tea being caffeinated and obnoxiously continue forth explaining the makeup for the tea and detailing why she's prescribing it

Edited by Sugar-Free

Which is why I said only two could really utilize it...without terminals. I actually had no idea how adept Val/Kali/Blossom would be at using it, but Shawn would definitely be a solid performer :3

If there's any region with technology galore it'd be Kalos, with the Holo Caster and stuff. So yes, Valerie, Kali and Blossom will probably have quite some experience with modern technology. And I think I've seen various calls with mobile phones in the XY/XYZ series. They probably don't have anything on them in here, though, but they sure know how to use it.

EDIT: @Silver What kind of knowledge would Aine have on characters from the more well-known franchises, like Pokémon, Mario, World of Warcraft...

Edited by Felixr2

I'm basing Aine's knowledge on my knowledge, which basically means she's an expert in Pokemon, decently informed about Mario, and familiar with WoW but not so good with the tiny details of it. She doesn't know Ratchet, Shawn, or Xker, but she has knowledge on some versions of Link (Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and obviously Smash Link). Everything in Brawl and SSB4 would be known to her, but she might not know some smaller details. Aine also knows about Flight Rising and the deities, plus the mechanics like eye color and lore.

Basically, she has decent knowledge and familiarity with everyone and their franchises except Ratchet, Shawn, and Xker. She's a beast at Pokemon though, enough to effectively command any Pokemon should the need arise. I dunno if Mario Kart will ever come up, but if it does she'd be pretty great at that too. Mario Kart is the only racing game I can play without crashing xd.png

Expect Aine to immediately begin looking up characters once she gets access to the internet, regardless of any protests.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

@Silver

GL with Aine figuring out Xker - the Volt do not have an entry in the Sporewiki's fan empires. Aine'd need to go to spore.com to see it, but TEGS-wise we'll say my unique Xker is not in the Sporepedia (I did upload the unique version IRL to get the image in aer form) but my default Volt is.

(PS: I'm Kyogre360 on Spore. Plus she'll have to go through a LOT of pages to find my Volts.)

(PPS: That is, assuming she figures out where Xker's from. I do plan on aer dropping a big hint on learning there's a party member who can shoot lightning via a curse - but that hint only works if you've heard enough about the game. Yeah, Xker's gonna be the biggest question mark - even Ratchet and Shawn are easier to figure out...)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Oh, wow, that means Aine would be running on assumption for Alex, then. Since she's nearly entirely non-canon, she'd have absolutely no luck finding out anything about who she really is.

This also protects my post-canon representations of Soren and Ike as well, 'cause all that stuff would require access to my actual brain xd.png We also agreed that, no, you cannot access TEGS in TEGS! That'd be mind-breaking to all the charas, and the RP would VERY QUICKLY turn into an entirely different beast.

The mind-breaking is also why I'm putting my foot down and saying the version of Xker I uploaded to spore.com is not there in TEGS, heh.

Edit: Anyone who's an OC or a canonical blank slate will be interesting for Aine. Xker is just gonna be the biggest headache to figure out due to the age and obscurity of aer game and its mechanics... though a reference to the Grox may be the clue she needs. It's not gonna be stated straight out though.

Edit2: And no, the cursing won't involve the Grox. I'm planning for Xker to invoke Spode. ...yeah I have a bit of a plan for aer intro.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yeah, Aine's gonna be hesitant to rely completely on internet canon after her experiences in the Order of Heroes. I mean, all the heroes she summoned couldn't all be exactly the same, could they? But she's definitely going to use the internet to help her understand people (probably Ratchet most of the time). Xker's gonna give her the most trouble, but she'll just assume there are some niche game things Google isn't giving her.

The biggest decision I have to make so far about the internet is whether or not she'll be able to access the Fire Emblem Heroes app. It needs internet to work, but once she gets internet she'd definitely want to check the app. I'm not sure how exactly it would function, so it would be easier to just make it inaccessible, but then again it'd be cool if she could communicate with Askr through her phone app. Although, that's assuming that time is working at the same rate in both universes. I also might want to use Anna to reveal something... but I could work it in another way.

Yeah, Aine's gonna be hesitant to rely completely on internet canon after her experiences in the Order of Heroes. I mean, all the heroes she summoned couldn't all be exactly the same, could they? But she's definitely going to use the internet to help her understand people (probably Ratchet most of the time). Xker's gonna give her the most trouble, but she'll just assume there are some niche game things Google isn't giving her.

The biggest decision I have to make so far about the internet is whether or not she'll be able to access the Fire Emblem Heroes app. It needs internet to work, but once she gets internet she'd definitely want to check the app. I'm not sure how exactly it would function, so it would be easier to just make it inaccessible, but then again it'd be cool if she could communicate with Askr through her phone app. Although, that's assuming that time is working at the same rate in both universes. I also might want to use Anna to reveal something... but I could work it in another way.

As GM, I can't help but be curious. If you'd like, you could PM me and that'd help me/help you decide if making it accessible would be viable.

Also, I tell horrible lies <:3 No Ascension tonight after all.

So you're planning on posting Ascension Tuesday, correct?

Meh, I'll prolly do it tomorrow (Sunday). So long as I get to bed at a reasonable time, I should be good >:3

@Dusky I'm writing this as to Ascension having already proceeded through the painting. Even if Ascension heard Lightweaver, I imagine he'd be hesitant to say for certain until he was absolutely sure it was, indeed, Eos (though, how it couldn't be is a mystery to me...)

As well, it'd be something of a redundancy, considering that's who they're all about to meet. They'll have their formal introductions soon enough, and I'm sure LW might be able to connect the dots a bit. If not, Ascension plans to speak to her about it later.

Solar also needs addressing later from Ascension before this group gets its rest.

Oh! And if at any point party members besides Ascension address Eos and are promptly ignored, that's not me ignoring you. It's her ignoring you. If you absolutely must, you can...*ahem* try getting her attention. YMMV.

Aaaand I wanted to address a thing here, too: whether your chara is affected by hunger is up to the writer. I won't make a big fuss about it, but it'll be something of a nuisance for at least my human charas (so, excepting Ascension.) Same goes for thirst. It hasn't been an issue, but I thought I'd just say it if only to clear my own mind.

I'll also be posting an official descriptor for any super-important charas here in the OOC, sos keep an eye out for them (I promise they'll be hard to miss. Hope you guys like associated music~!)

Mmkay, got it. In that case, Lightweaver will hesitate for a bit before going in..

--

(cackling) Me oh my. Isn't it a good thing Stormcatcher isn't on Team A? Because otherwise he wouldn't be too happy with the slight of being ignored...

(Hmm... for hunger: I think Solar will be affected to about the same degree as Ascension, perhaps less depending on how much his blessing from the Stars plays into it (he certainly isn't on the Celestial Two's level, snd us a Pokémon, hence why I'm using him as a tough guide for Solar). Xker I already talked about in aer species lore. Whereas with Stormcatcher and Lightweaver, I imagine it'd take awhile for hunger to set in, but given they're not used to the mortal sensation of hunger...)

Alright, the part I'm putting up will allow for other charas to react so that I don't create an everlasting dialogue between Eos and Ascension. Would Solar or Valerie recognize the Light Stone when they see it?

EDIT: See end of my last post for my recent edition.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Solar? I'm not sure, leaning towards no.

Though, Felix and Sugar, remember that Unova and Kalos seem to be closely tied. I don't know about you guys, but I personally think it plausible Valerie would recognize it... course, all up to Felix.

Edit: Though, if you prefer for reasons, Solar could recognize it.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Solar? I'm not sure, leaning towards no.

Though, Felix and Sugar, remember that Unova and Kalos seem to be closely tied. I don't know about you guys, but I personally think it plausible Valerie would recognize it... course, all up to Felix.

Edit: Though, if you prefer for reasons, Solar could recognize it.

It's neither here nor there, but it could be potentially interesting. How worldly was her Trainer/the professor that originally took her in?

EDIT: Bonus sodas to anyone who sees what looks like a spelling error in my post and gets what I'm getting at with it biggrin.gif

Edited by Sugar-Free

I'm assuming the professor was Kuikui, and the trainer? I was thinking, and decided her her original trainer is Unovan - easiest explanation for the Alola>Unova move in backstory in my opinion is that they were moving back to Unova (have personal experience with out of one country to snother and then back, so it's easiest to me), and of course Solar doesn't know her Trainer was going back. Her original trainer didn't remember Unova, but their parents did. I was leaning slightly towards not knowing because I was unsure if the trainer would tell that legend completely.

Edit: Oh yes I did. For those who don't know... it relates to eye colour.

Edit2: Gonna post LW, and wait on a reply for Solar.

---

To explain why LW is affected worse thsn Solar... Celestisolar energy is most similar to Light and Fire. Solar being a natching element dampens its effect on her, though she still feels it. Now Lightweaver... Lightweaver is Light, and in spite of Light being similar, this area dampens Light magic, leaving her exposed to the solar energy and more affected by the aura than she would've been without the dampenibg in effect.

Whoo.. decent size post (not a wall like S-F and Silver, but big for me with 1 character in it), and I REALLY hope I didn't screw anything up, especially characterization and continuity.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Expect Aine to immediately begin looking up characters once she gets access to the internet, regardless of any protests.

I'm afraid of what she's going to do when she finds out Shawn is suffering from DID (dissociative identity disorder) with a dissociated identity based on his brother, AND is morbidly afraid of any sound that vaguely ressembles an avalanche. Like snow falling from trees, or thunder, or any loud banging sound.

Also, I just found out that the scarf he wears contains his brother Aiden's personality. It also used to belong to Aiden. Until he died in the car due to an avalance, together with their parents. Sad story. How did I even forget any of this?