Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Alright, I was going to hold off on causing an argument after a bit more thought anyway. I can post either today or tomorrow depending on how fast I get my homework done, but most likely tomorrow. Just to clarify, would Cyil be able to see Ike and the rest of the group yet? Or are Link and Tyrande hidden by the stairs?

Ike's coming up, so he should be visible really soon. I'd say Alex and Storm might not be visible, but Tyrande and Link should be somewhere in between Alex/Storm and Ike, depending on whether or not they've started ascending again by the time you post for Cyil. Since I reduced the tower's floors to 3 instead of 9 while keeping most of the height, there's quite a bit of stair-age and everything in the stariwells is shoddily lit.

The tower has some lolstairplacement too for a straight up-and-down tower...

Good news everybody!

My dad came back from London today and took a look at my laptop. It seemed that three of the four wires of the power jack were broken, so my dad has ordered a new one. This means my laptop should be fixed sometime next week! When that happens, I'll start posting for my other characters again! (I really can't wait)

Good news everybody!

My dad came back from London today and took a look at my laptop. It seemed that three of the four wires of the power jack were broken, so my dad has ordered a new one. This means my laptop should be fixed sometime next week! When that happens, I'll start posting for my other characters again! (I really can't wait)

Yeeeeees, I'm so happy for you, Felix! It'll be great having you back in full force again!

I'm gonna be slow posting, the mafia game I'm in on FR exploded after a crazy EotN. The explosion of posts is over now.

Edit: Stormcatcher's a bit angry Alex dismissed water magic like she did three guesses why.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Wait.... I'm basing Tyrande's powers on Hearthstone, but I've completely ignored the hero power...

I don't think it'd hurt if she was able to heal a single character a little bit once every post? (In Hearthstone, the Hero Power is a key mechanic and can typically be used once each turn, although in some adventures and tavern brawls, passive hero powers have been seen. Priest's basic hero power, lesser heal, allows you to restore 2 health to a character. (Any character, even enemies))

And as an additional rule we could say she can't use it on the same character in two consecutive posts?

P.S. Thanks for your positive reactions, Sugar and Dusky! :3 It means a lot to me!

Wait.... I'm basing Tyrande's powers on Hearthstone, but I've completely ignored the hero power...

I don't think it'd hurt if she was able to heal a single character a little bit once every post? (In Hearthstone, the Hero Power is a key mechanic and can typically be used once each turn, although in some adventures and tavern brawls, passive hero powers have been seen. Priest's basic hero power, lesser heal, allows you to restore 2 health to a character. (Any character, even enemies))

And as an additional rule we could say she can't use it on the same character in two consecutive posts?

P.S. Thanks for your positive reactions, Sugar and Dusky! :3 It means a lot to me!

@Felix that sounds fine to me! I'll get around to possibly amending that in her profile on the IC later. If you'd like it written more concisely and correct than what I can manage, feel free to post a description here for me :3

@Silver I know this prolly seems like about 11 steps back for Soren and Cyil. Don't worry--have faith in me in what I'm doing here biggrin.gif

@Dusky Hmm...well, wouldn't it not matter to him? I thought since he wasn't on good terms with WS and TL, and as such has scant appreciation for their elements? Unless it's because he wouldn't exist without their fighting...?

It's because he wouldn't exist without them. So he's a bit ticked that Alex just dismissed one of the elements he was born of. That, and the fact she's kinda implictly calling TL a faker when he knows otherwise, and learned that one painfully.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Lesser Heal: Heals a character a little bit. Can be used once per post. (Can't be used on the same character twice in a row.)

Hmm... So the first "event" was at an original smash location, then A group had an event at a Mario location and T/I group had an event at a Fire Emblem location. Are we getting events based on all the games featured in smash? Or the games from all the characters that are being played? (In the original version Mario and Yoshi were both being played, after all...)

Or neither?

Asking because it could be kind of awesome to have an event based on a Hearthstone adventure wing (or perhaps all new and fancy, the mean streets of gadgetzan expansion - a true HS original, and plenty of guns, potions and giant jade armies for everyone!), or the Inazuma Eleven Alea Academy storyline. (IF you're interested, I could work something out for you...)

Edited by Felixr2

Lesser Heal: Heals a character a little bit. Can be used once per post. (Can't be used on the same character twice in a row.)

Hmm... So the first "event" was at an original smash location, then A group had an event at a Mario location and T/I group had an event at a Fire Emblem location. Are we getting events based on all the games featured in smash? Or the games from all the characters that are being played? (In the original version Mario and Yoshi were both being played, after all...)

Or neither?

Asking because it could be kind of awesome to have an event based on a Hearthstone adventure wing (or perhaps all new and fancy, the mean streets of gadgetzan expansion - a true HS original, and plenty of guns, potions and giant jade armies for everyone!), or the Inazuma Eleven Alea Academy storyline. (IF you're interested, I could work something out for you...)

Alright! I'll add it soon!

Well, plans are for tge next move to be to an Ascension-centric area (i.e non-canonical, original creation) before setting out for lands beyond. My intent was to cover areas that correspond to party charas, but deviating whenever I needed to (or came up with an event to take place in a non-party chara area, like New Pork City from the Mother series)

Since I'm only using barren areas, thus being devoid of any form of in-canon NPCs, I won't be able to engage in anything story-related that might have to do with canon events that would take place in them (ex. if I was to bring charas to Hyrule Castle in any iteration, there would be no one there who would know Link or of any of the Links that ever existed.) This is mostly because, while I'm pretty well-versed in video games, I can't pretend I know all represented charas's worlds well enough to do them, their backstories and NPCs justice.

Oh...uh, and yes, I know Klepto and all the other containing enemies in SM64 are still present, but they're so basic I didn't feel too uneasy about using them for my own means. Basically, I can't work well with assets from games I don't have a lot of experience with, but will try with those I do. I hope that doesn't come off as favoritism <:3

I wanted to get a general consensus on what games everyone knows. I thought I was safe in Peach's Castle 64 and Tower of Valni because it's so plot-insignificant, but I didn't realize until this RP that there were people that hadn't played it (SM64) D:

Edited by Sugar-Free

Well, MSoG only has three very important characters (and then there are the legendary minions, but just two voice-acted sentences and a flavor text shouldn't be too hard to work through...)

Those important characters don't have much more either, btw. Just a bit more voice acting.

Also, I did the counting, and there are 12 characters being played that really count as humanoid. (Not counting ratchet for obvious reasons) One of those is Valerie, who certainly wouldn't be able to play soccer, leaving 11. Perfect! tongue.gif

Then again, why play by their rules, if you can slice them to bits?

Oh, right, Alea crystals. Cutting those pretend-aliens apart might not be as easy as you think. (Some of them can break through God Time)

But why stick to canon events? We can have Ray Dark gather and brainwash all great antagonists and send them on a mission to destroy that group that may be a threat to Nix - who probably is manipulating Ray. That would also mean you don't have to learn the personalities of twelve characters, but just one, that one being Ray Dark, who really is your garden variety evil gang leader, all mysterious, sinister and not playing by the book (heh). Sure, you'd have to have some understanding of the hissatsu techniques, but I could direct you with that. Perhaps via pm. I could make a list of eleven characters and what they can do, y'know. And why play soccer? Why not aim the ball at heads instead of nets?

I'm thinking about this way too much. I'll stop now. Unless you want me to continue...

Answered Felix~

Dusky, I owe you posts. Pls look for them edited into my most recent post. I'll edit here when I add them :3

UPDATE

Added Ascension to my post! This will give enough detail for Solar to work with. Klepto's beyond speech now, so don't worry about it too much~

Adding Alex next!

Edited by Sugar-Free

Ooh, Eos is making an appearance. I'm judging by the slight recovery of Ascension's magic that Soren will regain his soon as well?

I'm not sure what direction you want me to steer the conversation with Ike in, but I hope what I posted is okay. She's not going to share information about her past and bloodline easily, but she might be slightly more trusting of Ike than anyone else in case you want to try. You can also see the exact moment I decided to stop trying to describe Cyil's transformations, since I figure no one really cares that much about the tiny details. xd.png

Ooh, Eos is making an appearance. I'm judging by the slight recovery of Ascension's magic that Soren will regain his soon as well?

I'm not sure what direction you want me to steer the conversation with Ike in, but I hope what I posted is okay. She's not going to share information about her past and bloodline easily, but she might be slightly more trusting of Ike than anyone else in case you want to try. You can also see the exact moment I decided to stop trying to describe Cyil's transformations, since I figure no one really cares that much about the tiny details. xd.png

I'd say that was a good way to take the transformation: a detailed intro and a semi-detailed out. And yes, Soren's will return soon, around when Ike gets to talk to him by himself, which will be very soon. But first, we have to tend to Cyil.

Well, it's Ike, so he's gonna pick up on that impossible-to-miss stumble of hers and react accordingly. He's used to dealing with his own scowl-neutral injury and fatigue-denying friend, so he's gonna also likely catch that she's putting on a strong front. He might have some words about that--well-meant ones, I assure you lol.

Ike will answer her question probably with as much brevity but detail as possible. Her health is going to matter more to him than interrogating her. I plan on taking the group up the left hallway and settling in the area in the middle, sorta behind the hall that leads to the steps to the next floor.The area is much bigger than it appears on the map, and will support the group with ease. Once there, unless Cyil wants to attempt it herself (not like it'd matter since he'd object, seeing the shape she's in), Ike's gonna get a fire going with some of the debris that remains there from where the building is dilapidating. We'll be prittling around witu dialogue until everyone turns in and we go to night.

As for Eos? Well...you'll see...

...~~~

Name: Xker (pronounced Xs-curr)

Universe: SPORE: Galactic Adventures (base SPORE) (SPORE: GA expansion) (wiki pages)

Species: Volt

SOME VOLT LORE:

Okay, so the first thing I want to get out of the way is their homeworld, a planet designated as Spathe. Spathe is an arid and windy world, with weaker gravity and mountains/cliffs. Based on Ratchet's morphology and thought that Smashtopia has low gravity, I'll say Spathe has gravity just SLIGHTLY weaker than Smashtopia.

(For a better comparison: Sornieth has 0.75-0.8X Earth gravity, if I remember correctly. Again going by morphology/gravity comments, I decided Smashtopia was close enough to Sornieth gravity Lightweaver and Stormcatcher didn't notice enough of a gravity difference to comment.)

Volts are omnivorous, able to survive for a fair while without eating due to the harsh climate of Spathe. Their yellow fur tends to be mottled with tan, unquestionably to blend in with the environment. Why? To ambush other animals nearby. They have sharp incisors and even sharper canines, and even a younger one's molars are relatively sharp - they mostly eat meat, though are capable of digesting plant matter. (Somewhat like a dog.)

Their fur tends to be matted and thick to keep sand out, and the feathers on their bodies are too thick and stiff for true flight, even if they had the body shape to do so. Instead, the feathers and lower gravity of Spathe work together to lessen the injuries a Volt takes from falling.

Yes, they have an extra joint. It's a bit of a weak point, as while it allows flexibility and more spreading out of force on their legs and less force delivered to a single bone, the joint is somewhat weak, hence most spacefarer Volt have small hover-packs on their extra joints. Xker has these. The hover packs are only strong enough to keep their joints from buckling under heavy gravity, but the spacefarers have discovered that it can reduce fall damage if they land on their feet. Just don't use it while your back is pointed towards the ground, or you launch yourself towards the ground faster.

The Volt Empire is a Warrior-class empire, unsurprisingly for their evolutionary upbringing. They prefer to conduct business within their own empire and keep nosy ships out, though some commercial ships are allowed through. Volts are infamous for their fighting skills, and their Empire doesn't do much interaction overall - mostly fighting battles, wherher against an antagonistic empire or against the ancient and infamous Grox.

Appearance: user posted image

Personality: Xker is fairly levelheaded, preferring to gather information before aer acts. Aer has a tendency to keep a weapon out, and is willing to use force if talking fails. While Xker is fairly amicable, be rude to aer and aer will regard you with some hostility and tongue-lashing. Aer doesn't seem willing to forget past altercations. Notably observant. Xker knows aer way around tech, but magic is unfamiliar to aer as it doesn't exist in aer home universe. Or... mostly doesn't exist.

History:

Xker had an average-for-Spathe childhood, going into training as a soldier for the mighty Volt Empire. However, aer was gifted with spacefaring-type subjects... and the instructors certainly noticed this. They informed higher-ups, and Xker was taken out of the normal class and transferred to a class for Captains.

It was there that aer met the fleet's new blood - the class at the time. They learned all sorts of skills to aid in spacefaring. Whether diplomatic... or violent. And how to turn peace violent, or respond to the other side. All it took could be a few words. They were taught the controls of ships, and each was given weapons. Xker received a set of Bladed Knuckles and a Plasma Pulser. Graduation came, and they were off to the stars.

Xker engaged in multiple peacetime missions, aided in battle ten or eleven times - once against the insidious Grox.

Today was the day aer would be retrieving a sample of ancient technology from an aeons-forgotten civilization, from the era of the Grox Empire's infancy, alongside two other Volt fighter pilots and a few soldiers. When they touched down and spread out, Xker found aerself dragged into a whole new world by some unknown force.

Abilities/Weapons:

Plasma Pulser level 1 - http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Pulser

Bladed Knuckles level 1 - http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Bladed_Knuckles

Claws, teeth, and paws. No magic, is immune to draining spells or magic drain but susceptible to mind-control. Better with piloting a spaceship than fighting, but left aer ship back on the planet being investigated. Hover packs already mentioned in species lore. Has a translator.

Needs a fine balance of electricity - too much and electrical parts start failing via short-circuiting and overloading. Too little, and the weapons and non-essential body cybernetics shut down to reserve power for essentials.

(Text has no color, but is enclosed by <> so that, for example, <"Who are you?"> for speech and <What is going on here?> for thoughts.)

(Leaving the app here for now, want to intro aer a bit later if aer does get approved.)

The mostly doesn't exist bit is about Religious-class civilizations' weaponry, Shaman-class empires' Return Ticket, and Zealot-class empires' Fanatical Frenzy power, by the way. (They're a bit too odd for me to believe it's not magic without an explanation...)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Name: Xker (pronounced Xs-curr)

Universe: SPORE: Galactic Adventures (base SPORE) (SPORE: GA expansion) (wiki pages)

Species: Volt

SOME VOLT LORE:

Okay, so the first thing I want to get out of the way is their homeworld, a planet designated as Spathe. Spathe is an arid and windy world, with weaker gravity and mountains/cliffs. Based on Ratchet's morphology and thought that Smashtopia has low gravity, I'll say Spathe has gravity just SLIGHTLY weaker than Smashtopia.

(For a better comparison: Sornieth has 0.75-0.8X Earth gravity, if I remember correctly. Again going by morphology/gravity comments, I decided Smashtopia was close enough to Sornieth gravity Lightweaver and Stormcatcher didn't notice enough of a gravity difference to comment.)

Volts are omnivorous, able to survive for a fair while without eating due to the harsh climate of Spathe. Their yellow fur tends to be mottled with tan, unquestionably to blend in with the environment. Why? To ambush other animals nearby. They have sharp incisors and even sharper canines, and even a younger one's molars are relatively sharp - they mostly eat meat, though are capable of digesting plant matter. (Somewhat like a dog.)

Their fur tends to be matted and thick to keep sand out, and the feathers on their bodies are too thick and stiff for true flight, even if they had the body shape to do so. Instead, the feathers and lower gravity of Spathe work together to lessen the injuries a Volt takes from falling.

Yes, they have an extra joint. It's a bit of a weak point, as while it allows flexibility and more spreading out of force on their legs and less force delivered to a single bone, the joint is somewhat weak, hence most spacefarer Volt have small hover-packs on their extra joints. Xker has these. The hover packs are only strong enough to keep their joints from buckling under heavy gravity, but the spacefarers have discovered that it can reduce fall damage if they land on their feet. Just don't use it while your back is pointed towards the ground, or you launch yourself towards the ground faster.

The Volt Empire is a Warrior-class empire, unsurprisingly for their evolutionary upbringing. They prefer to conduct business within their own empire and keep nosy ships out, though some commercial ships are allowed through. Volts are infamous for their fighting skills, and their Empire doesn't do much interaction overall - mostly fighting battles, wherher against an antagonistic empire or against the ancient and infamous Grox.

Appearance: user posted image

Personality: Xker is fairly levelheaded, preferring to gather information before aer acts. Aer has a tendency to keep a weapon out, and is willing to use force if talking fails. While Xker is fairly amicable, be rude to aer and aer will regard you with some hostility and tongue-lashing. Aer doesn't seem willing to forget past altercations. Notably observant. Xker knows aer way around tech, but magic is unfamiliar to aer as it doesn't exist in aer home universe. Or... mostly doesn't exist.

History:

Xker had  an average-for-Spathe childhood, going into training as a soldier for the mighty Volt Empire. However, aer was gifted with spacefaring-type subjects... and the instructors certainly noticed this. They informed higher-ups, and Xker was taken out of the  normal class and transferred to a class for Captains.

It was there that aer met the fleet's new blood - the class at the time. They learned all sorts of skills to aid in spacefaring. Whether diplomatic... or violent. And how to turn peace violent, or respond to the other side. All it took could be a few words. They were taught the controls of ships, and each was given weapons. Xker received a set of Bladed Knuckles and a Plasma Pulser. Graduation came, and they were off to the stars.

Xker engaged in multiple peacetime missions, aided in battle ten or eleven times - once against the insidious Grox.

Today was the day aer would be retrieving a sample of ancient technology from an aeons-forgotten civilization, from the era of the Grox Empire's infancy, alongside two other Volt fighter pilots and a few soldiers. When they touched down and spread out, Xker found aerself dragged into a whole new world by some unknown force.

Abilities/Weapons:

Plasma Pulser level 1 - http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Pulser

Bladed Knuckles level 1 - http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Bladed_Knuckles

Claws, teeth, and paws. No magic, is immune to draining spells or magic drain but susceptible to mind-control. Better with piloting a spaceship than fighting, but left aer ship back on the planet being investigated. Hover packs already mentioned in species lore. Has a translator.

Needs a fine balance of electricity - too much and electrical parts start failing via short-circuiting and overloading. Too little, and the weapons and non-essential body cybernetics shut down to reserve power for essentials.

(Text has no color, but is enclosed by <> so that, for example, <"Who are you?"> for speech and <What is going on here?> for thoughts.)

(Leaving the app here for now, want to intro aer a bit later if aer does get approved.)

The mostly doesn't exist bit is about Religious-class civilizations' weaponry, Shaman-class empires' Return Ticket, and Zealot-class empires' Fanatical Frenzy power, by the way. (They're a bit too odd for me to believe it's not magic without an explanation...)

I'm certain you're aware of the situational limitation on the hover-packs, but seeing as how you described them, I don't actually think that's a problem :3

Of course, seeing as no one in this RP has gender-neutral pronouns, I know I personally will bung up getting it right several times <:3 Be prepared for that. Xker will probably have to go through the motion of explaining aer pronouns to everyone at least once or twice depending on whether or not aer meets the whole group at once or whilst it's broken up. Also, if those pronouns are...I don't how to describe it...like, used in a more complex manner than what appears to be, I'd greatly appreciate an example to save myself the embarrassment.

By singular, I assume that omits contractions like "she'll" and "she's"?

EDIT: So, I've got responses to Storm and Cyil up now! And, while I didn't originally intend for Alex to be so...forward with Storm, she's serious-business when it comes to that sort of thing.

EDIT #2: Here's that mark on Alex's hand.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Yeah, they are very weak hoverpacks - can't get off the ground with them - so I figure I'm safe there.

The explanation'll be interesting, if only for the reactions -- I'm sure I've got the explaining part down after doing it myself before.

If that pops up, I'll be sure to give an example.

RE: singular: Singular vs multiple is like theirself vs theirselves or in this case aerself vs aerselves. So singular is referring to one. For those contractions, it'd be aer'll/aer's.

Yeah, they are very weak hoverpacks - can't get off the ground with them - so I figure I'm safe there.

The explanation'll be interesting, if only for the reactions -- I'm sure I've got the explaining part down after doing it myself before.

If that pops up, I'll be sure to give an example.

RE: singular: Singular vs multiple is like theirself vs theirselves or in this case aerself vs aerselves. So singular is referring to one. For those contractions, it'd be aer'll/aer's.

Ohhhh, okay. I got confused~ I feel like that shows my noobishness pretty well when it comes to this sort of thing~

I didn't see contraction use in your description anywhere, so that's why I thought maybe it didn't exist D: That's what I meant by "more complex" usage xd.png

Accepted! I'll add Xker to the IC after dinner. Also got to add that bit for Felix, too...

Ohhhh, okay. I got confused~ I feel like that shows my noobishness pretty well when it comes to this sort of thing~

I didn't see contraction use in your description anywhere, so that's why I thought maybe it didn't exist D: That's what I meant by "more complex" usage xd.png

Accepted! I'll add Xker to the IC after dinner. Also got to add that bit for Felix, too...

No problem. If anything else is confusing about that, let me know.

Ahhh. Gotcha. I wasn't fully sure what you meant with more complex usage myself.

Alright, got it.

(For the record, I plan on introducing Xker after Tower of Valni/Peach Castle ends, whichever wraps up first unless you think we need another character on T Team. If I send aer to T Team, we could have a fight due to Stormcatcher (and maybe Soren) depending on how things go. If I send aer to A Team, same applies (due to Owain and Severa).)

(I'm currently thinking through how Stormcatcher's going to react to Alex.)

No problem. If anything else is confusing about that, let me know.

Ahhh. Gotcha. I wasn't fully sure what you meant with more complex usage myself.

Alright, got it.

(For the record, I plan on introducing Xker after Tower of Valni/Peach Castle ends, whichever wraps up first unless you think we need another character on T Team. If I send aer to T Team, we could have a fight due to Stormcatcher (and maybe Soren) depending on how things go. If I send aer to A Team, same applies (due to Owain and Severa).)

(I'm currently thinking through how Stormcatcher's going to react to Alex.)

Alright, I added that bit for Tyrande and got Xker in the IC! I'll put up Quick Ref either tomorrow or when aer comes into play.

I think both teams are good for now. Currently, though...I couldn't offer a guess on which wraps up first. It's starting to look a lot like T Team will, considering I'm missing two posters for A Team. I'm planning on driving Solar/Ascension/LW/Val/Ratchet to the endgoal after SSL ends, since I think it's taking too long for my comfort. I kinda wanted them to progress at the same-ish speed, but...things happened. If I don't get posts from pad or Thael soon, I'll be forced to adhere to my rules regarding absence :<

EDIT: Also YES SPORE YAAAS. I love me some Spore; almost makes me want to pull out my Desulux race (yes, it IS a stupid name!) for the lulz.

Edited by Sugar-Free

I'm planning on having Cyil almost leave in my next post, but I want Ike to go after her. If that breaks character somehow or creates other complications, I won't do it, but I want to include a flashback reveal either this post or my next post. Cyil is going to mention "reasons" behind wanting to leave, and depending on whether or not you want Ike to press about those reasons, I'll put the flashback in this post or the next. If Ike presses enough, this might be one of the only times she'll explain her lineage, though she'll probably not be too keen on having it be common knowledge.

Also, I hope it's alright if I conjure up a window for Cyil to sit in even though there are no visible signs of windows on the map. The windows could be hidden on the walls we don't see okay.

I'm planning on having Cyil almost leave in my next post, but I want Ike to go after her. If that breaks character somehow or creates other complications, I won't do it, but I want to include a flashback reveal either this post or my next post. Cyil is going to mention "reasons" behind wanting to leave, and depending on whether or not you want Ike to press about those reasons, I'll put the flashback in this post or the next. If Ike presses enough, this might be one of the only times she'll explain her lineage, though she'll probably not be too keen on having it be common knowledge.

Also, I hope it's alright if I conjure up a window for Cyil to sit in even though there are no visible signs of windows on the map. The windows could be hidden on the walls we don't see okay.

Well, do you really want this knowledge to be known just yet? It wouldn't be out of character at all for Ike to go after her (maybe possibly I can steer her to that middle area possibly? I'd prefer the two be in that area at some point for reasons, esp. after everyone else comes up the steps). However, being too nosy in her backstory could be OOC for him. One of the big deals about Ike learning about Soren's being Branded and such was that he waited for Soren to become comfortable enough with it to tell him (and because story pacing, because that support relationship is story-dependent, but whatever) instead of trying to get it out of him by being nosy.

I do want Ike to talk to her, like really badly, but I'd want it more on a friendly, getting-to-know-you sort of level instead of him being prying. After all, he does owe her thanks for protecting Soren.

I also suppose her revealing this depends on whether or not you want Ike knowing this. Since I don't know the deeper details of what your Corrin's past is like, and because I'd like for Soren to have it told to him much, much later on in the RP due to events I'm planning for him and Cyil (y'know, I should really pm you with this before making the decisions without your consent...D:) I'd also like for, since she's going to be sharing life information with Ike, for Ike to share in turn some about himself and lightly hint at Soren's.

...ugh, all that was really disorganized. Whatever you post, I can work with, promise~ (and yes, I approve of creative license, even though the tower doesn't have windows tongue.gif.)

tl;dr: Yes, Ike is gonna go after her. Pushing her for info is OOC for him. Whatever she tells him will likely stay safe with him, so what I can bar Soren from that info. If you bring that info into play again, why, yes, I do want to wait to have Soren learn this because angsty planned chara development plans. Yes, windows biggrin.gif

Edited by Sugar-Free

I'll place my trust in your RP events, even if I don't know them yet (hey, isn't suspense what RPs are all about?) so I'll hold off for now. I'm not sure if I should reveal it to the characters yet, but I definitely want to work in some explanation of Cyil's behavior and backstory because there's a lot of it to get through. I can do that with a flashback, but I figured that it might be clearer if I just had her summarize it in speech with another character. Flashback works just as well though, as long as I remember not to make too many references. You don't have to have Ike pry, but Cyil might give more hints? She's feeling ever so slightly guilty about the situation with Soren so she wants to help remedy that even if it doesn't work too well.

I can steer her to the middle area if you like (probably no windows then), so yeah. Ike might need to convince her to stay with the group though.

In summary: I'll have Cyil hold off on revealing info but possibly drop more hints and move towards the middle area. The flashback is happening this post to explain backstory and Cyil might need some convincing in order to stay.

Sorry if I keep giving you difficult decisions! I'm trying to figure out how to improve my writing and character development/backstory, but I usually don't play Cyil's type of character or write such long posts. I'm also kinda insecure/indecisive about my writing sometimes ehehehe ;^; but please give me tips anyway if you think it's needed.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I'll place my trust in your RP events, even if I don't know them yet (hey, isn't suspense what RPs are all about?) so I'll hold off for now. I'm not sure if I should reveal it to the characters yet, but I definitely want to work in some explanation of Cyil's behavior and backstory because there's a lot of it to get through. I can do that with a flashback, but I figured that it might be clearer if I just had her summarize it in speech with another character. Flashback works just as well though, as long as I remember not to make too many references. You don't have to have Ike pry, but Cyil might give more hints? She's feeling ever so slightly guilty about the situation with Soren so she wants to help remedy that even if it doesn't work too well.

I can steer her to the middle area if you like (probably no windows then), so yeah. Ike might need to convince her to stay with the group though.

In summary: I'll have Cyil hold off on revealing info but possibly drop more hints and move towards the middle area. The flashback is happening this post to explain backstory and Cyil might need some convincing in order to stay.

Sorry if I keep giving you difficult decisions! I'm trying to figure out how to improve my writing and character development/backstory, but I usually don't play Cyil's type of character or write such long posts. I'm also kinda insecure/indecisive about my writing sometimes ehehehe ;^; but please give me tips anyway if you think it's needed.

Well...let me ask you a thing.

How important is Cyil's family to her? And, also, out of curiosity, since you haven't mentioned it yet, is Cyil married or single? This serves no purpose besides sating this question for myself. See, 'cause I can imagine, depending on what exactly is bothering her, it might be a nice segue into talking about some of her past if she was asked about them.

Oh, and...I haven't posted for him yet, but Soren isn't exactly feeling great about his kneejerk reaction. More on that later~

And I can get her to stay, easy peasy! This is Ike we're talking about here. He's not wanting her to leave anyway; he knows the good she's done.

And don't worry about it at all! As a mod, RPer and DM of my own DnD group irl, flexing my imagination muscle allows for a more sizeable capacity for brainstorming when presented with new ideas. Personally, considering how long I've imagined this RP to last, I just think it might be wiser to present emotional growth over a longer course of time than up front (which means yes, grouch Soren is here to stay for the time being. He will be getting a "softening" of sorts to some degree coming up, though.) And another reminded that length does not equal quality, and I value quality above all else. I really love Cyil as a chara, and I think you're doing a fantastic job with her especially considering the nigh-insurmountable task you've taken upon yourself trying to have her connect with Soren of all people. Ask acornia, she knows how much I go on about her xd.png I have a clear understanding of who Cyil (is presenting) herself to be so far :3

//also adding that I am in no way professional in my writing at all and am super indecisive/dissatisfied with almost every post I make xd.png

EDIT: Let me take time out here to say that everyone involved in making this RP happen are actually the bestest people ever. I love the world you all have helped me to create and fill with all your different personalities and shapes. Srsly, I love you all~ and I hope this goes on long enough to fulfill all these endings I'm not going to tell anyone here about~~~~

Edited by Sugar-Free

By the way, Stormcatcher said what he said in the memory out loud by mistake (and doesn't know yet). He also didn't hear anything after 'you had better have a damn good reason'.