Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Well, priests do have access to "Mind Vision" and "Thoughtsteal", but I haven't given Tyrande access to those spells for obvious reasons.

But well, since she's officially the leader of an entire race, I think she'd be good at charades.

Sugar-Free, if you could move the group outside of the tower inside to help it would be appreciated. I'm running out of ideas that aren't simply "kill the monsters and think about things". xd.png

Sugar-Free, if you could move the group outside of the tower inside to help it would be appreciated. I'm running out of ideas that aren't simply "kill the monsters and think about things". xd.png

My intentions, I assure you~

Alrighty guys, up for destruction are the aforementioned Bonewalkers, Revenants, and Mauthe Doogs. Just in case you've forgotten:

Bonewalkers: Skelts. They wield swords, bows, and lances.

Mauthe Doogs: Hellhounds. They are brown-bodied and have a mane of red from their head running down their spine and tail.

Revenant: Soupy purple zombie messes.

I don't want this to take too long, so feel free to mop up as many as you want. Once we clean house, we'll likely make camp on the second floor for the night (or...is it?) Cyil can feel free to keep fighting at the base of the steps or head up to the second floor--completely up to Silver.

Ascension post will come later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the patience~!

I thought about it some more and realized Link's green clothes would suggest he's siding with the Kaldorei. (Combined with the fact he doesn't give the impression to be addicted to power, like all of the Sin'dorei (and Illidan Stormrage, who's siding with the Sin'dorei - he's more of a demon than a night elf nowadays))

UPDATE

So, I never pointed it out, but once the members of T Team enter Tower of Valni, the doors will close and cannot be opened from the outside. Only once they approach Floor 3 and clear it will the doors reopen from the inside.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Oh, that makes sense. I would have asked why Soren and Cyil don't just leave then.

Also:

Well, I guess it’s nice to know where the smell is coming from, and it wasn’t the dragon farting

Which dragon is this referring to? xd.png

I've been dedicating my time to playing FE: Heroes now that it came out, but I'll have a post late today/early tomorrow.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Link's lucky he couldn't say that out loud, if he could have and had Stormcatcher would've shocked him rather quickly. (Yeah, wounded ego...)

Anyways, working on a post!

Edit: oh and, there are undead in canon FR lore. They are REALLY destructive, and it takes a god to send them back to the grave. They're a fusion of dead dragons... hence the slightly 'oh snap'-esque reaction when he smelled the rotting flesh in my earlier post.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Cyil is too elegant to fart.

Anyways, I ended up making a post today. Just putting this here because I figured it would be more noticeable than an edit in case someone missed my post (I dunno how, it's a pretty long one, but still).

Kinda unsure when to send Stormcatcher over to the doors that lead up to the next level.

--

As for the pain? He's using his magic like he would as an immortal not having to worry about magic resources (putting too much magic into one blast, holding a blast for too long, etc). But as a mortal for whom drain has consequences on his body due to his biology being tied to his magic... add to that he's got a bit of an ego and doesn't want to admit weakness.

(Random thought: Stormcatcher's the sort who probably DOESN'T like butt-kissers... because they're an annoying distraction.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Kinda unsure when to send Stormcatcher over to the doors that lead up to the next level.

--

As for the pain? He's using his magic like he would as an immortal not having to worry about magic resources (putting too much magic into one blast, holding a blast for too long, etc). But as a mortal for whom drain has consequences on his body due to his biology being tied to his magic... add to that he's got a bit of an ego and doesn't want to admit weakness.

(Random thought: Stormcatcher's the sort who probably DOESN'T like butt-kissers... because they're an annoying distraction.)

I'm gonna go ahead and start cleaning up with Alex and Ike next post for the sake of advancement. I'll also edit this post (or my next OOC post, depending on whether this gets a reply) with the second floor map (only for a reference.)

I'm not sure if I should go ahead and have Klepto take Ascension or wait on pad, though...decisions decisions...

@padfoot Tell me if you want Ratchet to have any sort of reaction to Klepto before I snatch up Ascension.

Edited by Sugar-Free

(I'm betting you chose Ascension to be snagged because of Solar's Swagger and Will-O-Wisp, and because Ascension's controlled by you alongside Klepto.)

(I'm betting you chose Ascension to be snagged because of Solar's Swagger and Will-O-Wisp, and because Ascension's controlled by you alongside Klepto.)

Shhhh

So, it's gonna be another quiet night on the forums for me. I'm gonna be busy organizing for a game for my friends irl. Don't take my absence as anything more than having life things I gotta do! (Buuut if I make myself type on my phone, there's a chance I miiiiight post tonight. No guarantees.)

Thanks for the understanding!

Alright, since me adding Ike and Alex should bring the group up to the second floor, I'm going to go ahead and post the map for Valni 2F: An Excellent Link

Note that nothing will appear on this floor enemy-wise. If no one minds, I'm probably going to use this floor to engage night, so once all chara interactions have finished, I'm going to time-skip to morning. Let me know if there are any planned chara interactions.

For me, there will likely be:

Ike/Cyil

Soren/Cyil

Ike/Soren

Meeeebe Alex/Cyil (I'm certain she'll be absolutely delighted to see her again xd.png)

Alex/Soren

Alex/Link

EDIT: Added Alex and Ike. Proceed to the second floor!

Edited by Sugar-Free

Stormcatcher's neck is a bit too long for him to have covered his eyes in time, so I had the light temporarily blind him. Meaning that he's gonna be the last one up the stairs - he followed everybody else's footsteps.

@Sugar - how long do you think I should wait before the light clears up and Stormcatcher can see normally again? It was magical, so I think it'll stick around for a bit, but could be wrong.

Edit: also, in Lightweaver's section, when she was absorbing energy, that Light energy that doesn't feel quite right was caused by... Sugar, you know what it is. Hopefully I guessed right when it came to the energy being there.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Since it's going to take longer than I thought to get my laptop fixed, I think I'm going to try and post for Valerie and Tyrande soon.

Valerie's post will be mostly retroactive, so I won't have to backtrack too much when my laptop does get fixed.

Tyrande's post will probably have some character interaction. Of course with Link, but she's probably also going to compliment Ike for being such a good commander. She usually tends to become friends with people alongside whom she's fought. And she's going to be confused that Cyil doesn't have... horns. All dragons in WoW have horns when they turn to their humanoid form.

Am I allowed to know what that monster-killing light was? Or is it supposed to be all mysterious? Because I might have Cyil notice it in my next post if it reaches upstairs, if not then it's mostly irrelevant. Cyil will just think that the group is amazingly efficient at clearing monsters.

@Sugar - how long do you think I should wait before the light clears up and Stormcatcher can see normally again? It was magical, so I think it'll stick around for a bit, but could be wrong.

Edit: also, in Lightweaver's section, when she was absorbing energy, that Light energy that doesn't feel quite right was caused by... Sugar, you know what it is. Hopefully I guessed right when it came to the energy being there.

I'd say since we're going to night soon, the morning following he should be fine. Since, you see, the light was meant to purge evil...but you might see why that failed...

You are also not wrong about the energy being present >:3

Tyrande's post will probably have some character interaction. Of course with Link, but she's probably also going to compliment Ike for being such a good commander. She usually tends to become friends with people alongside whom she's fought. And she's going to be confused that Cyil doesn't have... horns. All dragons in WoW have horns when they turn to their humanoid form.

Yay Tyrande hype!!! Don't feel pressured to post if you find it sucky to do so on a phone--I know that's stopped me on more than one occasion. And I imagine the whole "Why Cyil no horns?" is gonna be confusing...

Am I allowed to know what that monster-killing light was? Or is it supposed to be all mysterious? Because I might have Cyil notice it in my next post if it reaches upstairs, if not then it's mostly irrelevant. Cyil will just think that the group is amazingly efficient at clearing monsters.

She might have seen it from her perspective, but there's no way it would've affected her or Soren. Imma be all vague and such and say it miiiight have something to do with a being on a higher plane...

Btw, should I go ahead and have Soren dismount? I imagine he's gonna be more than a little worse for wear when he no longer has the support of Cyil's magic...

EDIT: I would be remiss if I didn't addendum this with a slightly important piece of info. Since I spent the vast majority of yesterday in a state of deathly sickness highlighted by me blacking out in my bathroom, suffice it to say I might be sorta slow on the uptake for a bit. I feel pretty awful still, but not that level of awful, soooo....yes.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Alrighty, noted.

I am so hyped for when you introduce that... energy source...

Edit: Good thing you're feeling a bit better. Hope you're well soon!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Btw, should I go ahead and have Soren dismount? I imagine he's gonna be more than a little worse for wear when he no longer has the support of Cyil's magic...

Sure, but are you going to mention the possible corruption? If you can find a way to fit it in, I'm all for it, but you don't have to. Take as much rest as you need; I hope you feel better soon!

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Sure, but are you going to mention the possible corruption? If you can find a way to fit it in, I'm all for it, but you don't have to. Take as much rest as you need; I hope you feel better soon!

I intend to, but as discussed, if it warrants implementation, I'm stuck where I really...can't do so by the rules of the corruption. Not by normal means...at least. As in...well, I'll PM you.

EDIT: LW and Solar will likely need to move toward the pyramid. I've have no posts from pad in a week. @padfoot, let me know if your on hiatus or dropping whenever possible.

Edited by Sugar-Free

@Sugar I said in LW and Solar's post they were running after the direction Klepto went in after missing with their attacks.

I dunno SM64 (DS) well, just BOB and Dire Dire Docks snd that one ice mountain, so I'm not sure how to go into further detail, so I'd like to skip to them getting Klepto in viewing/attacking range? Is that OK?

Edit: Unless padfoot posts to say they'll reply to the IC, that is.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'm still here. Just running a show and it's sapping all my time and sanity