xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I've been in the hospital since Sunday with a fresh case of double sided pulmonary embolism (the second time after April 2022).

As I only have an ancient smartphone with me, I can't properly hunt for eggs or copy links or the like, so if anyone wants anything from me, this sadly has to wait until I'm back home at my proper computer -_-'

6 hours ago, Astreya said:

I've been in the hospital since Sunday with a fresh case of double sided pulmonary embolism (the second time after April 2022).

Eeps. I hope you are better and home soon. *hugs*

The day's just starting for me. I'm hoping for a good one!

11 hours ago, Astreya said:

yikes! echoing Lagie, hope you're home soon! {{hugs}}

@Lagie @trystan

Thanks for your kind words!

I'm back home now, but still somewhat short of breath, particularly when I strain myself too much. I didn't want to stay in the hospital as they don't really do anything over the weekends anyway (no regular stuff, that is, just emergencies).

Right now I'm also somewhat tired as I have a problem that the anticoagulants I still have to take for some days in an extra high dose rate cause me to bleed from some parts of my body. I'm currently taking some iron meds to help my body produce more red blood cells.

On Monday I will visit my GP to show him all the reports from the hospital with their recommended medication plan and hopefully then the bleedings will stop when I can reduce the 'blood thinner' somewhat. I had an in-depth talk with the MD at the hospital and he offered I could stay longer if the bleedings were too annoying (they are not life-threatening, but really annoying), but I told him I would present to my GP and hope for the best.

In the hospital, they took lots of my blood to check if I maybe have some genetic coagulation disorder, but they won't get the results before mid-September, so they don't want to completely change my meds before they know for sure.

It's very interesting as I had a double-sided pulmonary embolism in April 2022, and I had zero problems with the anticoagulant (a factor Xa inhibitor)  I got then for 14 months.  But from one day to the other, I got severe nose bleeding (which had to be treated in hospital as it refused to stop) and some other bleedings, so my GP decided that maybe I should stop taking this stuff and instead only take aspirine (which also inhibits thromboses a bit). Unfortunately it appears as if this wasn't enough and lo' and behold, another pulmonary embolism ensued. Right now I take another factor Xa inhibitor, but in the worst case I would be put on another older anticoagulant that is nowadays less favoured as it has more unwanted side-effects.

So far no one has any clue what exactly changed after the 14 months so that bleedings would suddenly occur, but I have a suspicion, which unfortunately can't really be proven. I had 4 inoculations against SARS-CoV-2, but the last was one and a half year ago. Maybe I had an asymptomatic infection a few months ago? The number of Covid infections is on the rise again, but the surveillance has become worse and worse nowadays.  SARS-CoV-2 is known to wreak havoc with the coagulation (among other things), so it would be a possibility. I discussed this with the Doc in the hospital, and he agreed it was possible, but unfortunately practically not provable in the normal hospital setting. (This would be something for researchers, but they don't do any studies like that in the hospital where I was.)

So now keep your fingers crossed that I will get better when they can reduce the dose rate of the anticoagulants I have to take as all these bleedings really get on my nerves!

6 hours ago, Astreya said:

So now keep your fingers crossed

*crosses fingers*

Yeah, no one's reporting Covid stuff these days, it seems.

Exhausting rainy shop day. So glad it's my weekend now.

8 hours ago, Astreya said:

So now keep your fingers crossed that I will get better when they can reduce the dose rate of the anticoagulants I have to take as all these bleedings really get on my nerves!

*crosses fingers and toes*

wow, that's a lot! hope it all gets sorted and you know what's going on. {{hugs}}

My parents came up today to help with groceries and some other stuff. I slept until 2, about an hour until they got here, and only woke up to feed cat. Pain has been very bad this week and is almost as bad as it was Tuesday when I couldn't get out of bed. We got pizza for lunch, which the pizza place I chose wasn't good because both their dishes were not good. Mine was okay but it was pizza, hard to mess up. After that we went to the store, picked up the essentials I haven't been able to get like milk because it's too heavy for me to carry right now, then went home. They left a couple of hours ago. Now I'm bored and anxious and debating what game to play since I don't have the brain power to catch up on reading this week and my dragons don't hatch until tomorrow morning. I picked up Worldbox, it's been some fun but not as much as I was expecting. I could use it for some inspiration for map building for my pathfinder worlds though.

My brain surgery is in about a week and a half, and school starts in about a week. I'm hoping that once I recover I'll be able to regain my energy and independence. It's been so long since I haven't been tired or in too much pain to do things. I don't think I'll make it through another semester like this, so literally any improvement will be amazing. Surgery is probably going to push my graduation back another semester but I started in covid and already changed my major, plus a ton of disability sutff, so if they don't accept an appeal for my financial aid I'll be extremely shocked. Especially since my timer was supposed to reset last year when I got my associates and transferred for my bachelors.

11 hours ago, Astreya said:

Hope things will be better then!

14 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I'm hoping that once I recover I'll be able to regain my energy and independence.

Here's hoping! 🙏

@Edenello

I wish you all the best and hope for as good a recovery as you can possibly have!

@Lagie @trystan

Thank you so much ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I'm currently sitting at home, still bleeding profusely. *sighs* Tomorrow I have to buy both at least one or two big packages of high dose iron pills plus some more big bags of extra large sanitary towels and stuff. In the meantime I'm catching up with the Astrael dragons and some work (gladly I'm doing freelance home-office style stuff just on the phone).

This morning a goldcrest fell in my apartment through an open window, and since I was sitting by that window, the bird landed on my shoulder. I was not at my sharpest and had just got out of the shower so first I thought it was nothing more than water that I felt on my back. When I finally stood up and reached behind my back, the poor bird got even more scared than it probably was already, and fell again. I got a bit startled, too, and only caught a glimpse of the goldcrest, mistaking it for a big butterfly or something (goldcrests are very small passerines). After some searching, I found the tiny bird at the farthest corner of the windowsill. It looked miserable. I called the local wildlife hospital and, following their advice, took the bird back outside in a cardboard box, to see if it would recover and if it could fly. Luckily, it turned out that it was just a little stunned; after some time it got back on its feet and flew away. My heart was in my mouth when I was trying to find a box for it before the cats would wake up, but I am so happy that it all ended well!

23 minutes ago, Tiira said:

but I am so happy that it all ended well!

Excellent. Sometimes all they need is some quiet time in a dark box and lo, off they go again.

Quiet day. Packing to head home from house sitting.

Yes, and to be honest, I was quite impressed by the advice I got and the help I was offered! If the goldcrest wouldn't have recovered on its own, they could even have tried to send someone here to take it to the hospital - in case I wouldn't have been able to take it there myself, but of course I would have done that gladly. I'm very happy to have learned that there are still people who care about every little living being! I feel that my faith in humanity may have improved a bit, heh.

My cat got some sort of an epileptic seizure last Friday. There was no need for emergency treatment after a single seizure so they recommended me to take him to vet after the weekend, unless I felt too worried to wait. Fortunately Merri has been quite okay and today I called our usual clinic and managed to get him an appointment for tomorrow. But it was really scary! Afterwards I got a migraine attack myself but I'm definitely well enough now to take him to the vet in the morning, just very nervous and a bit nauseous still. Wish us luck! Merri does hate going to the vet. 🐈

4 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

I joined the Dragon Cave 12 years ago today!

congrats! 🎉

I woke up from my nap because my dad was calling me to tell me he just got hit by a car

If you pray, please keep him in your prayers, otherwise send us positive vibes and warmth and whatever

2 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

otherwise send us positive vibes and warmth and whatever

Done. I hope he's okay. *hugs*

4 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

I woke up from my nap because my dad was calling me to tell me he just got hit by a car

If you pray, please keep him in your prayers, otherwise send us positive vibes and warmth and whatever

Hope Dad is okay!

17 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

Thanks homies

He has 3 broken ribs and he spent a night in the hospital but otherwise he is okay! No head/neck trauma

1 hour ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

but otherwise he is okay! No head/neck trauma

So glad he will be okay. Broken ribs are painful, though, so he is in my prayers.

Hope you will be better soon 

*hug*I’m praying for you.

Edited by Sitrling

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

The fridge packed up. So much wasted food that has to be thrown out :(

Awwwwww no.

Our street held BBQ's for a few days when the electricity went out, and stayed out.

Would a BBQ help?

Today was hard. Extreme lack of sleep is catching up with me.

I don't have a barbecue sadly. I was out all day yesterday and didn't even realise it was broken till this morning. Went to drink some orange juice and wondered why it was lukewarm.  I still had to go to work so no time to save anything

Just spent the entire day sitting in front of the computer, looking through DC and other stuff.