xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

7 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

tomorrow is Friday and

Where are you that tomorrow's Friday? :blink:

8 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

and anti-inflammatories

Allergic... :rolleyes: Tylenol or Panadol are my go-tos.

Enjoy your weekends!

The rest of the day went pretty well, thankfully.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Where are you that tomorrow's Friday? :blink:

Allergic... :rolleyes: Tylenol or Panadol are my go-tos.

Enjoy your weekends!

The rest of the day went pretty well, thankfully.

it’s not Friday tomorrow?? ugh. 

i never know what day it is tbh 

15 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

it’s not Friday tomorrow?? ugh. 

i never know what day it is tbh 

XD Sadly, it's Thursday tomorrow. Still, enjoy your weekend when you get there.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I missed a step today and took a tumble off my shop steps. I'm scraped and will be bruised on both knees and left shin. I'm not even sure how I ripped the skin on my right big toe. :rolleyes: I'm fine at the moment but expect to be stiff and sore tomorrow. Sigh.

Ouch!  Glad you didn't break anything!  I got bucked off a very tall horse more than 3 weeks ago, and I'm only now starting to feel somewhat back to normal, but still can't lay on my side.  I hope that you aren't too sore tomorrow!

It could be worse, but it could be better … I’m angry and upset and have to call the police for the third time in my life. More than that I won’t vent for now.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, Impulsive_Egg said:

WE GOT A KITTEN

*squee* Congrats! 💖

————————

Having trouble with a family member who continuously watches conspiracy theorists and “preppers” (same thing, I know.) on YouTube and they tell me it’s the “news”. Then I have to watch the garbage so I know what nonsense they’re going to bring up so I can be prepared to debunk it. FML. I am running out of ways to talk to them which is really upsetting.

Today was my first day back to work after knee surgery 2 months ago.

I am sore and cranky. Even crankier than usual.

I missed the incuhatchable hatchlings today because of physical therapy.

One of my part-timers is out for medical reasons. 2 are on vacation. One other one is covering for two other departments, so it is just me and the new girl. The girl who was covering for me while I was out is covering for someone else on medical leave in another store. What a mess.

I informed my boss that I still have 2 weeks vacation left, and a personal day. I wrote everything out on a calendar so we can figure out how to schedule around it.

I retire in January, and need to still find out if they will pay me my 5 weeks vacation, 9 sick days, 6 personal days and 4 unused sick days from this year after my last day or if I need to work an extra 4 or 5 weeks (1 or 2 days a week) to use up the personal days and sick days and then just get my vacations right after that. I am calling my union business agent tomorrow. Hopefully she will be helpful. I have never met her and I have been at this store since March,

6 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Today was my first day back to work after knee surgery 2 months ago.

I am sore and cranky. Even crankier than usual.

I missed the incuhatchable hatchlings today because of physical therapy.

One of my part-timers is out for medical reasons. 2 are on vacation. One other one is covering for two other departments, so it is just me and the new girl. The girl who was covering for me while I was out is covering for someone else on medical leave in another store. What a mess.

I informed my boss that I still have 2 weeks vacation left, and a personal day. I wrote everything out on a calendar so we can figure out how to schedule around it.

I retire in January, and need to still find out if they will pay me my 5 weeks vacation, 9 sick days, 6 personal days and 4 unused sick days from this year after my last day or if I need to work an extra 4 or 5 weeks (1 or 2 days a week) to use up the personal days and sick days and then just get my vacations right after that. I am calling my union business agent tomorrow. Hopefully she will be helpful. I have never met her and I have been at this store since March,

Good luck to you, and solidarity forever

9 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

Good luck to you, and solidarity forever

Thank you.

As they say, Union Strong.

So sad that there are so many less union jobs out there.

I am retiring with a pension and a 401k and social security at 62. I just bought a condo for cash, so my bills are not too bad. I live within walking distance of work. Not that I will walk it, but, in theory, I could.

I hate my job. I have hated every day since I got transferred here. I fought the transfer but lost.

I hate it so much that I am retiring at 62 instead of 67 and that had knee surgery this year instead  of waiting a few more years. I decided to retire early when I got stuck here.

I hate that I hate my job so much. The customers are great. My coworkers are great. Management is pretty good, but corporate is horrible and the workload here is more than I can handle, and I see that I have a ton of work to do to catch up to where I was before I went out for surgery, I should be all caught up by the time I retire, LOL.

so someone left the door open and my 15 year old cat prematurely met the new kitten, and he's treating me like he caught me in bed with his wife. He is so mad and he won't rub his face on my hand or purr for me I'm so sad

Yesterday was great! Took some time off work the last two workdays this week (well needed if you ask me). I spent the whole Friday in my beloved cottage, which was lovely even though the rain has been pouring down the entire week.

Started the day with a nice cup of coffee and by making a fire in my tile stove to heat up the room where I spent a few hours painting some wooded details for my current restoration project in the cottage. Gosh I love working with linseed oil paints! The smell is fantastic and smells so alive! It brings a whole new atmosphere to the room! ^_^ After that I went back to the room that I'm currently restoring and finished the sandning on the timber in the sealing and then I went on ahead to sand the wooden planks that I found below some old paper and the window (which is in dire need of restoration, the old paint is so dried out and I've found lots of old water leaks that no one has bothered with in a proper manner and only put some new paint ontop of during the last restoration that happened more than 20 years ago, if not even longer).

So sooooon, not quite yet, but soon, I can finally clean the dust away and start painting, putting up my new gorgeous wallpaper and putting some oil on the timber! I'm so exited! :lol: So today I shall keep tearing down the old paper that is covering the last section of the sealing and really scrape off old fragments of paint to see how the frame of the window is looking ... Slightly scared that I only will find rotten wood that needs replacing ... Finger's crossed that I can save what I have and that I don't have to replace it. :unsure: The cost is running away as it is even though I only restore some parts at a time in order to be able to afford it and not having to take loans for it ...

My yesterday was amazing. 

I retired at 4:31 PM.

Still don't know how much my pension will be but I get the first check on the first.

Don't care how much. I HATED my job for the last 9 1/2 months.

47 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

retired at 4:31 PM.

Congratulations! :)

My days right now are quiet. Eating. Sleeping. Recovering from Covid.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Congratulations! :)

My days right now are quiet. Eating. Sleeping. Recovering from Covid.

Thank you. My big retirement plan today is going to the store to get ham hocks for the pea soup I am making for my son. Maybe even laundry. Nah, that is pushing it.

I hope you recover quickly. It isn't any fun.

Today is my last day of freedom before classes start AND I start my new job tomorrow!!! I feel a lot of pressure to spend this day as leisurely as I can

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Thank you. My big retirement plan today is going to the store to get ham hocks for the pea soup I am making for my son. Maybe even laundry. Nah, that is pushing it.

Sounds great!

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

I hope you recover quickly. It isn't any fun.

Thanks! Right now it's just tedious.

2 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

Today is my last day of freedom before classes start AND I start my new job tomorrow!!! I feel a lot of pressure to spend this day as leisurely as I can

Congratulations! Enjoy the day!

Slept half the night, existed the other. 
just 6 hours till I can try again. Hopefully I’ll make it, and make more out of tomorrow. =_=‘

I’m going to quietly squeeze past all the deplorable things I desperately wanted to say today and just leave it at this: I have never rage cleaned before in my life until tonight and it’s so freeing actually???

Well, I woke up at my usual time (6:30 - I could sleep later but my body's in the habit now hah), revised a blog post, grabbed my coffee...

Then discovered 6 of my hatchies are sick.

Why do they all have 12,000+ views each?? (I've never gotten that many before!)

Now to figure out which click site I entered them to that has a clickbomber 😵‍💫

Went to bed at 10:30 last night but ended up too anxious to sleep until around 1:30am. I proceeded to wake up at 6am, grab some dragon eggs, go to sleep for another hour, then get ready for work. Got a donut and some orange juice for breakfast from the local donut shop on my way to work, it was a really good chocolate sprinkle donut.

I'm currently at work on my lunch break, just finished lunch break doctor appointment as a telehealth in my car. I have an exam due for my online chemistry class due at 11pm tonight and the final is due on Friday at 5pm, so I'll need to do that tomorrow too. I just calculated my current grade and looked at what I can make on these two tests and still pass; if I get 30% on both then I still pass with a 71! The inner perfectionist in me is upset that I'm not getting my usual As but at this point I'm too tired from disability related stuff to care, I'm gonna pass and my grades are high enough otherwise that it won't effect me much. Everything is going to be OK.

Second doctor's appointment is later today, just my pre-surgery physical but I've been hydrating because of the bloodwork needed for that. I'm so glad that I got over my fear of bloodwork these past couple of years. Now let's see if I can finish this unsweet tea before then and start on my bottled water. 😄

dear humans of planet earth,

if you ask me if i need help and i say "no, thank you," take me at my word. even if you think i need help, that response is meant to indicate that *i* don't think i need help nor do i want it. so please don't ask again.

for me personally it is also not helpful if, upon me declining your help, you stand there watching me as if you're waiting for me to fail. that's probably not what you're doing, but that's what it feels like to me.

i don't mind if you ask if i need help (that's actually pretty nice of you). i very much mind if you don't accept the answer no. if i decide i want help, i'll let you know.

sincerely,

miaou

Oldest son moves into his college dorm today. It’s a four hour drive to the school, and his check in is at 1:15 so we are hoping to get on the road between 8 and 9 am in case of problems along the way. So of course I would wake up early and not be able to go back to sleep.