Polar

Extraterrestrial

"I'm not a fan of salt water, so I'll get in the pool. I'm not surprised that you snack. You go through my sweets so fast I can't keep up with that sweet tooth of yours." She giggled following him up to the villa. "A wonderful day today. I hope you brought sunscreen for me, I didn't want to get burned." She said holding onto his arm. "I really needed a vacation." 

---

Maklar stretched and shifted letting her get on then swam through the water bursting to the surface and turned towards the villa. "I contacted a kitchen worker. Our picnic should be ready by the time we land. " He said to her slowly gliding over the water back to the island. He swooped over the heads of Rose and Zahar landing by the back door and lowered his shoulder so the maid could hand Liv a large picnic basket to her before he took off to the other side of the island landing on a forested area near the beach out of the suns. 

"Pool it is," Zahar said cheerfully. "Don't worry, I brought sunscreen. I don't want your lovely skin to get burned," He said. "I think we all did. It's only going to get hotter as the day goes on - so perhaps we should read some after spending some time in the pool, give ourselves a rest from the heat," Zahar suggested. "I could read you some of the popular books from here, if you'd like." He waved as Maklar and Liv soared over them, glad that his best friend was beyond happy. "I'm going to talk to Maklar later, see about us four doing something together tomorrow. There's a few different activities we could do - I know there's some cool springs inside a mountain cave that we could lounge in as a way to beat the heat."

~

It took mere minutes after getting back into the air for Liv's clothes to dry, and she laughed and waved happily as they swooped over Rose and Zahar. "Hey guys!" She yelled, and before she knew it he had landed, allowing her to slide off and take the basket from one of the maids. "Thank you!" She said, climbing carefully back on to his back, making sure the picnic basket was secure before he took off. He soared over the island, carrying them to the other side, where an area of forest shaded a sandy span of beach. She slid off his back, landing lightly on grassy ground with the basket in her hand. A pleasant breeze rustled through the leaves, and that combined with the shade lead it to be quite cooler than it was in the direct sun. The ocean was just through the trees, and the water shimmered in the hot sun. "This is the perfect spot! I love it here," Liv said happily, beginning to unpack the picnic basket as Maklar shifted back into his human form.

Rose waved as well when they flew overhead. "Ooo, that sounds lovely! I would like to read some of the books, I've been working on my language skills and it's getting easier to read and write in your language too. But all your father sends me are history books and rule books for noblewomen and the behavior of a princess." She grumbled. "It hurts my head, then he assigns reports that I have to finish within the week of your time so I have time to do them on earth but it's boring and tedious when I'd rather be taking basic courses of ship and car repair  and technology of rasabol so I can tinker with a few if I ever get a peek at the system one day. And know how everything works. At least he seems to accept me in his own... weird way I guess..." As they reached the villa she let go of his arm. "Let's go change into our swimsuits. Meet me by the pool with the sunscreen k?" She grinned and ran inside giggling.  She came back out in her swimsuit she wore on the way here keeping her hair down. 

------

Maklar shifted back, grinning. "It's one of the few cooler spots on the island. I don't mind the heat, and don't even get sunburned. However you can and it's a little warmer than Georgia here. Of course I can't really tell the difference between the temperature anyway." He chuckled and sat down on the grass pulling out a bottle of what looked like wine using a nail to pull out the stopper. "This is aged rock fruit and Coila, a dragon's special brew. It's not really alcohol, I can't really stomach liquor, I burp up flames. It's not pretty.." He wrinkled his nose. "It's like the... cola you had me taste. Coila is a natural spring of water that fizzes and is sweet to drink. I tried the drink because I thought you said Coila instead of cola... but I have to say I'll stick with this." He poured them both a glass. "This  particular mix is what you can call rock coila. Remember the fruit we had at Zafar's birthday? " He handed her a cup. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Zahar rolled his eyes. "I should have known that he would pull something like that. I'll speak to him when we get back, see if I can at least persuade him to give you more interesting topics of study. For now, however... fun awaits! I'll meet you back here in a few minutes," He said with a smile, heading up to change and grab some sunscreen from his room. She beat him back down, since he made a pit stop at the kitchens to request some refreshments be sent out for them. He knew that they would need to stay hydrated, Rose especially, since it was easy to get dehydrated under the pounding heat of his planet's twin suns. "I brought sunscreen," He said with a smile, holding up the SPF 100 for her to see. "Don't worry, it's all natural stuff, but still pretty strong. I don't want you to burn - plus, anything less than this and I burn like a lobster," He said with a cheeky smile. "Also, I asked for the kitchen to bring us out some water and refreshments after a while, so that we don't get dehydrated. Want a hand with the sunscreen?" Zahar asked, smirking lightly. "I can get your back."

~

"Yeah, it's a bit hotter here than even I'm used to, though I suspect it's in part due to the two suns this planet has," Liv said. "Which is really cool, by the way. I bet the sunset - sunsets? - are really something." She sat down beside Maklar, listening as he spoke about his favorite drink. "Yeah, I can see how you got Coila and Cola confused, they sound really similar." She giggled, taking the glass from him. "Hopefully I'll enjoy this more than you enjoyed Coca-Cola." Taking a sip, she was pleasantly surprised at the sweet, buzzing taste. It was different from what she was used to, but good. Better than any soda she had ever tasted. "This is delicious! I can see why you like it so much." She took another, longer, drink from the glass, realizing how dehydrated she had gotten even after such a short time outside. She leaned her head against his shoulder, glancing up at him. "So would now be a good time to talk about wedding planning? I've seen Hope doing all of hers and I'm just so excited! Plus, even though you're not completely familiar with our human marriage customs, I still want your input. It's your wedding too, and this one isn't as strict as dragun weddings."

"Your lobsters must look strange then because I find it difficult to see you becoming a lobster with green skin." Rose teased. "Good, I had a drink before I came back outside but will definitely need one if we stay out here. I would like some help yes. And I'll get your back for you. Say... does Maklar burn? He's already red and he doesn't seem affected by the sun much. " she asked taking some sunscreen rubbing it on her arms, face, belly and legs before rubbing some on Zahar's back. "You've been stressed haven't you? Your shoulders and back are tense..." she lightly ran her fingers over his scars once the sunscreen was lathered into his skin. "Is it true that your people frown on scars not obtained in battle? Because I believe that one doesn't have to see war and bloodshed to bare marks of trial and tribulations. The worst battles happen behind closed doors. " She stroked a fresher looking mark tenderly. "Don't ever feel ashamed about these around me or others. These are your battle scars. It might not be a monumental battle to the people however it is to you. Know this: for each mark on your skin, I will show you the affection you deserve. Each bruise; a hug. Each scratch; a kiss. Each tear; a day of laughter. Each scar; a year's worth of tender love, support and care."  She hugged him from behind. "I love you Zahar. Very, very much. " she said softly.

------

"Oh yes they are lovely. Farris, the planet where our house is, still has the two suns but the days are similar to earth's since its relatively the same size. There the sunsets are absolutely breathtaking. Photos won't do it justice. Since they both set on different horizons the sky turns nearly the color of my hair!"  He said grinning brightly filling her glass again and handling her a sandwich and pulling out his. He purred as she leaned against him. "I've asked Rose and a few human cousins of mine about human wedding traditions. Rose didn't tell me anything, just gave me a couple books and magazines about wedding traditions and my cousins said something about a rhyme.... old, New, borrowed, and blue. There's so much one can do with a wedding ceremony, I find it refreshing to not stick with very strict traditional rules of my kind.... although those rules are in place for the safety of the bond of both souls... human weddings seem to be a formal party to a contract signing between two people. If you don't mind... I'd like to throw in some of the fantasy themes of your favorite books. The one with the ring, the dragon. The series of books by a guy named Token? Tolkien?" He said tilting his head curiously.

((I did a art trade for a Gaia I did. Lookie! I had them to Maklar! https://www.deviantart.com/xishia/art/P-dragon-breath-762323221 ))

((That art trade is awesome! I forgot I had midterms this week so I ended up having to study for most of it 😒))

Zahar rolled his eyes fondly. "You know what I mean." He rubbed the sunscreen on to Rose's back gently as he spoke. "Maklar doesn't burn, no. He's practically the physical embodiment of fire, so a little sun doesn't bother him." He relaxed as her hands ran over his back. "Hmm, a bit. Such is the life of a royal." He tensed slightly as her fingers trailed over the scars that patterned his back. "Yes, it's true. It's one of those beliefs that's been held for such a long time that no one really remembers why it started." He ducked his head with a smile, feeling love blossoming in his chest at her words. "I love you too." He turned so he could press a kiss to her forehead - then lifted her off her feet and pulled them both into the pool with a large splash. He surfaced, laughing, one arm still coiled around Rose's waist. "Sorry, love. I just couldn't resist!"

~

"I can't wait to see it," Liv said with a faraway smile, imagining what their home would be like. Filled with love and laughter and even children one day. "It sounds beautiful." Liv thanked him and drank from her refilled glass, slower this time than before. "Yes, the rhyme goes 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'. No idea where it started, though. And human weddings really aren't much more than a contract - albeit a very important one! And you're right, Mak, it's Tolkien. Throwing in some references to that would be neat, I think. So as long as I get to call you Smaug from now on," She teased, taking a bite of the sandwich he had given her. "I don't want it to be too out-there, though. Even traditional weddings are exciting and stressful, though a whole different kind from yours. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go out and get a new dress or wear my mom's - that's something some brides like to do, if they can. I haven't decided yet, though I guess it all depends on if hers fits." Liv set down her cup in favor of tracing lazy patterns on the inside of Maklar's forearm. "The men usually just wear tuxedos, so you don't really have much to worry about in the clothing department." She paused, thoughtful. "Is there anything from your culture that you'd like to incorporate?"

She yelped when submerged and when resurfaced her hair was plastered against her face in a very unflattering way. Pulling a couple strands from her face she playfully smacked the water splashing him, eyes matching the clear water color dancing with laughter. "You big oaf! I'm being touching and romantic then you ruin the moment. " She huffed, trying hard to keep a straight face to no avail. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're lucky it's still salvageable boy. I always wanted to be kissed underwater..." she said kissing his nose. "But you'll have to catch me!" She giggled and tried to push away from him but his arm held her in place. "Well.... you have me... not much of a challenge there..." she muttered.

---

"You can call me whatever you want to my love. After all, I can't be the only one coming up with pet names! I cried when that dragon died in the Hobbit I'll have you know!" He shivered when she started to trace some of the markings on his skin that stopped at his elbow." My armor. I wasn't able to wear it at our ceremony and I feel naked without it. Even if it's under the tuxedo or those jackets my brother made for us that I can wear. There's one thing though... the cord tie. I still kept our cords. I want to do that again. That'll have to be the one thing I want to involve my traditions in this ceremony. I'll cover all costs too."

((So sorry its been so long! School has killed me. I'm sort of around?))

"I thought it was getting a bit too doom and gloom," Zahar said with a laugh, shaking wet strands of hair out of his eyes. He laughed as she attempted to swim away. "Oh, come now. I can let you go if you really want, but then you wouldn't get that underwater kiss, huh?" He grinned and kissed her nose. He kicked off the pool floor, pulling Rose with him into deeper water. He didn't bother swimming, using his power to propel them along until his feet no longer brushed against the floor. "Now how about that underwater kiss, huh? I suggest you take a deep breath." He smirked and winked, taking a breath before letting them drop underwater.

~

"Fair enough, my dragon," Liz said, smiling at him. "You know what, remind me to show you Mulan. I think you'll like that, it has a talking dragon that doesn't die in the end." She leaned her head on his shoulder. "Sure, Mak, you can wear your armor, we'll figure it out. And we can definitely do the cord tie, I like the idea." She let out a small sigh. "I love it here, it's so beautiful. We're going to have to come back again."

((School sucks! Glad you made it through alive!))

Rose giggled. "I don't want to be let go... I like this." She said softly blushing. She couldn't stop grinning as he moved them smoothly to deeper water. Upon his request, she took a deep breath as they plunged under. She then cupped his cheeks and found his lips kissing them softly. 

---

"That is... Dis-knee right? I would like to see that. Anything where the dragon lives is great with me. Rose has been at the kingdom and calling Zahar a bunch so I hear things from their conversations. And it can work if we do the Lord of the rings theme... like Aragorn wore his armor and Arwen had a dress. The first time we met you thought it was some sort of cosplay or something. Ice queen is the weever of the family, she and mom are making a cord replica of the dragon that bound us. I can't wait to show it to you. Oh! And I built a tree house in our back yard for any little ones we have! Lots of compartments, large enough for us too, all on a massive Greywood tree in the back yard. That resort  gift that we were given at our wedding is similar to this, only the sands are black with red glass pathways and the sea has a purple hue to it. It tastes sweet too, not salty. We'll go there after our human wedding.... " He says and pulled her to his side. "I get to marry you twice, fall in love with you every morning I wake, dream of you at night, know what is bothering you, and feel your pain through this beautiful connection between us. I want to support your dream of being a veterinarian, then have a few little sliver eyed children running around and watching them grow up before having another couple. To hold you each night.... " He sighed. "I love you dearly my princess..."

((want to skip a little bit to the engagement of rose and Zahar then skip to her in the snow meeting the diplomats and such and Mak on Earth involving bachelor party shenanigans?))

((I timeskipped Z & R, but finished out the scene with M & L. Once Z proposes we can skip to the next set of things we have planned out :)))

"The sunsets here are beautiful," Zahar said, finger's twined with Rose's as they walked down the beach towards the water. They had both freshened up and ate, and it was now time for the real reason of the trip to take place. "Two suns, both setting over the water; it's breathtaking." He paused, water lapping gently around his feet. "Why don't we take a walk down the beach and watch the sun set?" He suggested. Zahar knew she would say yes, but he wanted her input, and concentrating to what Rose would answer would give him something to focus on other than his coming proposal. Zahar swallowed, Adam's apple bobbing, and hoped his palms weren't sweating. At least, if they were, it was still warm enough for it to pass as normal sweat, which was arguably just as bad.

~

"I'm sure something of the sort can be arranged," Liv said with a smile. At the mention of a treehouse, she lit up. "A treehouse? No way! I always wanted one when I was a kid. I'm so excited to see it, I'm sure it's wonderful." She hummed thoughtfully, staring off into the distance as she tried to imagine the beach Maklar described. "It sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see it. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Which is good, because we will be together for a very long time," She said, smiling softly at him. Furrowing her brow in concentration, she sent a singular thought to him through their bond. "I love you."

"Sure! It is very lovely. I'd love to take a photo of it, but.... I rather keep it as a memory then a photo. " She said watching the suns set. "Silly goose, we are at the beach.... " She looked at him with a smile then tilted her head brushing a strand of hair from his face. "Your hair looks like sun and moonlight with the sunsets. " She looked back at the sea. "I can't think of anything to say about it today. Wonderful is pale in comparison to this... Magnificence. I love it here... And you are here so everything is a thousand times better." She closed her eyes as a breeze picked up breathing in the sea air. 

-----

"You have a treehouse at your home! And don't do that." He poked her wrinkled brow. " It's like a door. When things get loud you can still hear though the wood, like pain, sadness, anger and such. You shouted to be heard through the wood. Take a breath and imagine opening that door like you would when someone knocks on it. Then... You will be heard without shouting. I love you too my darling wife. Let's go back and get some sleep... It's been a long day."  He stopped speaking mid-sentence and connected to her through their mental link yawning and a small wave of tiredness came through the door and lapped at her mind like the small waves on the shore. He packed up what was left of the meal, shifted and flew them back heading inside the mansion to their room and took a shower in the bathroom to clean off the salt and sand.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:59 PM, AroaraAngelwolf said:

Maklar as a dragon. Isn't he magnificent?!

ddweaul-0d109e40-2337-458d-9634-46195d49fe77.png

Whoa, I love it! I'm going to do my best to be more active, starting my trying to respond to both of our RPs today 😄

((I may have reread the entirety of this RP today but it was totally worth it))

"The sunset is nothing compared to your beauty," Zahar said. His heart felt like it was pounding out of his chest. She had always said she wanted to stay with him, but what if he proposed and she said no? Her eyes closed, oblivious to his internal panic, as a breeze whispered around them. It was now or never. He sunk down on one knee, pulling the ring box from his pocket and opening it with shaking hands. The ring was beautiful and reflected brilliantly in the setting sun.

"Rose," he said, sucking in a breath, "You are the best thing to have ever happened to me. I love your compassion, your kindness, your creativity, and your determination. Most of all, I love you, and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you at my side. Will you do me the tremendous honor of becoming my wife?"

~

"Well, yes, but I doubt it's anywhere nearly as amazing as what you built," Liv said. She grinned at his actions. "I think I understand. I'll try not to yell in your mind anymore. But if I do, you're free to have a kiss as an apology." She blinked as a little of his exhaustion reached her through their bond. "Not fair," she mumbled, yawning as she helped him pack up before crawling onto his back. She waited as he got a shower, leaning against the side of the bed with her chin against her chest. She slipped into a light sleep, stirring when he emerged from the bathroom. "Didn't want to get the bed all sandy," she said to explain her position, pushing herself off her spot on the floor and dragging her feet as she gathered her things and entered the bathroom.

((I need to reread both!))

Rosemary smiled slightly at his cute remark. Her eyes were closed until about halfway through his proposal turning to look at him only to see he got shorter being down on one- she froze on the ring. A long pregnant pause filled the space between them as she blinked, mouthed words that never fully formed and tears formed in her eyes. Since words failed her she nodded, and held her hands to her face, then her chest and nodded again.

Sometimes she forgets that he's actually a prince, and although she would like a simple life then to be in the limelight as a future queen, however with Zahar, she felt like he'd take care of her and help her through things she didn't understand. Once the ring was slipped on her finger she finally found her voice again. "YES! YES! I will! Oh I will! Gods I love you so much!" She threw her arms around him and kissed him. When they broke the suns where sinking just below the horizon and the two other planets of Rasabol where visible like two moons. "I thought you would never ask. I didn't think your father would allow or that everyone just assumed we're engaged without a proper proposal..." She breathed looking deep into his purple eyes caressing his cheek.

--

"Hurry up, you'll miss the proposal." He said heading to the balcony and leaning against the door frame looking at the beach. He brought high tech binoculars since her eyesight isn't as good as his. "And it's a good thing you didn't get sand on the bed. I'll roll you in a burrito to keep the mess on your side. " He chuckled.