CursedFlames

Undertale

I got the game last night, it's pretty fun (and silly) so far. It's an unique game in my opinion. I would recommend this to anyone, only for $9.99, it doesn't require expert gaming skills (well, not counting no mercy run I guess?) Just stay determined!

Edited by JolteonTails

Playing it at the moment c:. About to finish pacifist, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler, but man... the feeling of apprehensiveness mixed with a certain excitement the final place gives you is unbelievable. It's like... how a final boss should feel like.

I should try no mercy next, but a. I've fallen in love with every character and every monster, b. The "I know you're a good person inside!" dialogue will actually kill me (in addition to the new things just starting a no mercy run adds) and c. I'm pretty sure no mercy is MUUCH harder than pacifist, excluding ~~~that~~~ boss.

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have much traffic with how much attention the game has started getting.

Also yeah it's rad and I love all of the characters for the most part. Sans is probably my favorite-favorite.

Sans is probably my favorite-favorite.

Great taste :>

Ive completed a neutral and pacifist ending, and cant bring myself do ever do a genocide ending, especially with all the theories about certain characters remembering your saves. Im super addicted to the game in general, and the only thing i seem to be able to draw as of late is Sans.

Undertale! Undertale! Undertale! Underta

I want to play it really badly but I'm not allowed to buy games ;n;

Finished said first-run pacifist run, and in order not to spoil anything... *screams for 20 minutes straight*

I'm a little bit almost done with a true pacifist, and that screaming is still applicable.

Also Papyrus best skeleton husbando.

Also Papyrus best skeleton husbando.

user posted image

So sexy~ xd.png

I haven't played the game, but after hearing so much about it at school I went through a series of let's plays by Cryaotic to see what it was about. After the first episode, I was pretty much hooked and stayed through to the very end.

Flowey really surprised me. I won't give away any spoilers, but how I feel about him 180'd after his backstory was revealed. I can't hate him like I use to anymore.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Oh man how did I miss this thread.

I've already completed the neutral and pacifist runs and I'm currently streaming a genocide run for my friend who hasn't seen it yet. I didn't know it was possible to love a game's entire cast so much. Normally there is usually a few characters I wouldn't' really care about but man, I like all of these characters.

Even after knowing most of the differences between genocide route and a pacifist route before playing the genocide route, I was not ready for some of the stuff that happened, mainly the music that played when an area was cleared. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but if you want to try the genocide route, it's probably best if you do the pacifist route first.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did i not see this earlier

the robo is my husband i love mettaton

also muffet is super rad

idk i can't really sum up my feelings for undertale all i can do is [ screams for ten minutes straight ]

props @doc for dragging me into this thanks

i also have not played this game on a combination of being broke and not having time, but i watched cry's playthrough and i'm waiting on mark's and jack's and i just. ahhhh

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Completed the game within two days (pure Pacifist). I'm considering doing a True Reset to play Pacifist again, as I evidently missed a few details which add to the game's enhancement, and since I didn't entirely understand the ending as I was playing it, but ??? encouraged me not to reset. >.< (Those who have completed the game doing Pacifist know who '???' is. Leaving it as '???' since, well, their change of heart is a potential spoiler.)

However, I think once Sans notices I'm still going Pacifist on it, he'll lighten up on me. And yes, I do intend to prove my worth to Sans again. Aaaaall over again. There will be no Genocide "demonchild" here.

EDIT: Better point out my favorite monsters and bosses!

Favorite Game Boss: Undyne

Favorite Enemies: Lesser Dog, Aaron, Napstablook, Temmie

Edited by PixelShark

You guys might enjoy this video (but only the first minute is relevant)

"...These games are filled with violence and brutality..."

Funny how Undertale actually condemns such things - hurting then sparing is an unorthodox way of 'sparing' people, the way that the two hardest bosses in the game are in the kill all route and the whole route might as well have a person constantly yell at you "It's your fault for going on this route!"

He (and the mother) probably doesn't know what Undertale actually is. Sans is probably one of the better video game guys to love moral-wise.

(also I finished said true pacifist run and finished a no mercy [kill everything in my path, not enough for a geno ending though] run as well. probably gonna start another true pacifist run)

You guys might enjoy this video (but only the first minute is relevant)

I saw the video on the same day it came out. It made my day. tongue.gif

So Undertale fans, What is your favorite character and why? Maybe regular monster too? (don't mention spoiler characters)

I love almost all characters in the game, but if I have to pick one, it would be Mettaton (and Pyrope for regular monster). Mettaton has an interesting character and design (yes best robot husbando), plus his boss battle is my favorite. Pyrope's name is a portmanteau and his grin is just adorable in my opinion.

Edited by JolteonTails

So Undertale fans, What is your favorite character and why? Maybe regular monster too? (don't mention spoiler characters)

mine has to be mettaton 10/10 best robot husband

all jokes aside i love how caring he is towards his cousin, as well as his energy and plotline and everything i just. ahhhh <3333 pls protect cinnamon roll

muffet is a really close second, though! her design is amazing and i. omg

favourite monsters have to be the dogs 10/10 would pet again

I love this game so much. I can't simply chose one favorite character, although my absolute favorite would have to be Papyrus.

A few of my IRL friends know him as " my son "

Papyrus is my favorite, only because of his energy and his "I believe in you!" attitude that's very consistent! This is choosing from a game where all of my characters might as well be considered my favorite character.

Regular monster? Uhhhh... yeah, the dogs. I couldn't choose just one and the dogs "choose" and solidify the atmosphere of whatever route you're going to.

I love Undertale! I'm actually at the final boss fight but I haven't managed to beat it yet. Mettaton and Napstablook are my all-time favorite characters though <3 Blooky is so precious!

I finally broke down and tried this game because I was promised I could beat a game without having to kill anyone. Instead, I could tell monsters how cute they were, tell them jokes, pet them, and sing them to sleep to win battles. That was it, I caved in, and I'm so so glad I did.

The most stunning thing about this game- beyond the incredibly awful awesome puns, surprising depth to the characters, breaking the fourth wall, the gorgeous sprites, the intense gameplay, etc etc- I actually got a super happy ending in a video game for the first time in.. years and years. I am stunned. I was waiting for the game to throw in a few "bones" to upset the balance. I was waiting for the game to force me to swallow a bittersweet "realistic" ending. Nope. I GOT MY SUPER HAPPY ENDING!

I finished the game a few days ago and I'm still kinda in shock.

My favouritest character is Sans, probably due to his unwavering loyalty and support for his brother. I think that's his absolute best quality, but the rest of him is amazing as well. I have always adored bad puns and when he opened up with a few "ba-dum-tish" moments that was it- my heart was completely stolen.

My favourite fight was probably the second-to-last boss. Absolutely frustrating, scared me into thinking the game crashed, beating my head against a wall by dying over and over... it was GLORIOUS! I haven't had that much fun with a game, or a boss fight, in YEARS! biggrin.gif

Special mention: I absolutely love all the temmies, they're my favourite NPC's ahhh so freakin' cute! I even got to send one off to college! xd.png

Edited by Succubii

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have much traffic with how much attention the game has started getting.

Also yeah it's rad and I love all of the characters for the most part. Sans is probably my favorite-favorite.

How can you love the entire cast

need I remind you...

JERRY EXISTS?!?

Ahhh I love this game!! Got it several weeks ago after seeing all of the hype on Tumblr, and absolutely fell in love. My favorite characters are Undyne and Gaster! biggrin.gif

gahh I finally got a blooky shimeji to work

they're so cute aaaaa

it's by tumblr user leaf-submas if any of you are wondering