CursedFlames

Undertale

Regular monster? Uhhhh... yeah, the dogs. I couldn't choose just one and the dogs "choose" and solidify the atmosphere of whatever route you're going to.

Now, I change my answer to Woshua.

Woshua is pretty great, but I'm torn between the Froggits and Vulkin. For actual main characters, Papyrus is my favorite jog boy because he's a perfect sweetheart despite also being super arrogant and I like that contrast (although Undyne is a very close second). Honorable mention goes to the Annoying Dog.

I'm on my third playthrough of the game, and my first normal reset. It's... actually really unsettling for me to see the changes in the game, and I'm not sure I'm going to go for a fourth run, no matter how fun the bosses and battle system are. At the very least I'm going to set that save file aside so that even if I reset they can keep their happy ending.

I may be a huge sap. :v Although I would argue that the ending isn't totally happy for everyone, but I can't really discuss it in-thread since it is literally postgame spoilers.

Got friendzoned by a skeleton 10/10 would play again. Only bought the game yesterday so going to keep away from this thread in fear of spoilers :3 Just entered the hotlands. Didn't know there were different routes (I abhor walkthroughs) but probably doing neutral route (killed some, not all). I'm loving it so far!

I (think I've) nearly finished the last boss in genocide (dont wanna spoil stuff for anyone) I made it to the end of the part where your moving from left to right in his special move and died just afterwards, I think I'm really close...

mine has to be mettaton 10/10 best robot husband

all jokes aside i love how caring he is towards his cousin, as well as his energy and plotline and everything i just. ahhhh <3333 pls protect cinnamon roll

muffet is a really close second, though! her design is amazing and i. omg

favourite monsters have to be the dogs 10/10 would pet again

Muffet's really interesting because she wasn't designed by the same people as the rest of the sprites. I think that's partly why even though she has a small part in the game, she's really noticeable.

Muffet was made by the creator of Ava's Demon, if I recall correctly! She was either a backer award (like the two hidden bosses) or a stretch goal; I can't recall which.

So, does anyone have good recommendations for fancovers with lyrics? I've heard a few but they weren't to my taste.

My favorite random enemy is the Tsunderplane and my favorite major character is Toriel, with Muffet as a very close second. I love this game's designs, and music, and aaaaa everything.

Update: Almost done with the no mercy/genocide route. The last boss is haaard, I keep on dying on the last attack tongue.gif

I got the game the other day without expecting to enjoy it because it's not really my usual style, but I actually do like it a lot and I'm nearly done (for the initial Neutral run). But I'm not sure I'll ever get past this guy...

My favorite monster has to be the Mad Dummy but I also love Napstablook, Tsunderplane, and Doggo. I'm ashamed to admit that it took me about 28 hours to get the Snowdrake pun.

-Later edit: Oh, I beat him... that wasn't as hard as I anticipated. o_O Time for True Pacifist!

-Even later edit: Finished True Pacifist, now doing a Genocide run... I'm having a bad time.

Edited by Dimar

Doing a geno run.

Having bad time.

#ideservethis

EDIT: Finished phase 1 on attempt #11. Knew what would happen if I spared. Did it anyway.

[dogsong plays in the distance]

Edited by Lythiaren

This game will give you a bad time.

v-v

Ehh... Unintentional necrobump sorry....

Edited by GalacticDolphin

This game, and games like this are insidious for me. I love it so much it hurts, and I was killing myself during my geno run. Which I regret, I should have just watched a LP, but it's done. I just wanted to ask what was one thing that really surprised you in this game? It could be anything in the story, game mechanics, music, whatever just something the gave you pause good or bad.

For me it was the "remembrance" mechanic, it only got me once and it was at the beginning. See I got Undertale actually fairly close to when it came out, so there was still unknown parts and I like going into things blind. Anyways, I'm not going to put spoilers because it's so close to the beginning, First game ever in this, I'm having a blast sparing left and right, the adorable quirkiness hitting me in the heart, and Toriel, goat mom, god way too cute, then I try to leave, now you all know what happens you are forced to fight, I of course did what I thought was only possible, talk, that didn't work, spare, the that "didn't" work, I never thought to try to keep sparing, silly me. So I'm thinking in classic RPG fashion, hey, how about I just weaken her then spare? That turned out fantastic, you all know, and once it blows in my face that I killed someone I liked and didn't want to hurt in the first place, and then her death speech. That thing went right through me, and I didn't want to accept that so I reloaded my save, Everything cool right? get back to that point and the scene changes, and I go cold, I wasn't expecting her to "remember" and I was just stunned. It's very silly VERY, but I was so spooked, that I reset the entire game in hopes that everything would be okay. I still laugh at myself that.

There were several memorable moments in the game for me, but I'm just going to limit myself to two:

<not sure if anything on here could be considered a spoiler, so beware>

I had killed Toriel in my first run, because I thought when she fought me "Hey, you've introduced yourself as a guardian and seem to be pretty tough, so this is probably not a real fight anyway." No, the animation of a heart breaking in two was not enough clue for me. Since I was recording and commenting my playthrough for friends, they gave me hell for doing so, though. I felt bad, but hey, I couldn't have known. Or so I told myself.

And then I went into the castle. Everything looked just like Toriel's little house in the ruins. I sort of had a bad feeling about this, but I went to get the keys to the basement anyway, because I thought this would be a weird callback or something. Then all the monsters came to me and began to tell me the story of Asriel. As soon as I read that name my jaw hit the floor as I was steamrolled by comprehension. I had killed the friggin' queen of the empire. And she had a very good reason to be protective like that, because what happened to her family was a real tragedy.

Not sure if that's the kind of surprising you meant, but at any rate, I was surprised by the way I got emotionally attached to the characters, and I'm not usually one to do that.

Oh, and there's also the final fight of the Neutral Run. I think I made a very stupid face when the game just... crashed and glitched out on me. That was certainly unexpected.

Edited by Digital Decay

i did one true pacifist run, cried like a baby, and never played it again because i got too emotionally attached to the characters to reset them. uwu

Edited by Switch

The solution to that is obviously to true reset into another TP run.

And then another, and another, and another....

Until you get bored and try to mix it up and then proceed to get dunked on.

Then go back and do more TP runs to make up for it.

Edited by Lythiaren

i could never do a neutral or genocide run. i luv the characters too much and also im horrible at the bullet parts. theres no way id ever beat sans & id rather not waste my time.

Edited by Switch

I love undertale so much! I've watched all of the runs on YouTube, but haven't completed any of them yet. I'm in the middle of doing the neutral run, now.

Also: Sans is the skele husbando

velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.png

Oh. My gosh. Finished my first run/first TP run. It was pretty unremarkable until the final leg, then it became amazing. An indie game hasn't made me feel like this since OFF or Hatoful Boyfriend.

Probably just going to watch a playthrough of a genocide run or something. Haven't gotten attached, just too lazy to reset and replay. ;p

[linked for geno spoiler]

This is my 137th attempt, including the times I bailed out after taking too much damage during the opener (and the obligatory time I got dunked on). I went into that last attack with 91/92HP.

Man, that fight was hard. D:

EDIT: [epilogue]

Edited by Lythiaren

I've been in an Undertale mood lately, so I tried to create Sans in the black desert character creator... came out okay...

user posted image

Remember when I said I wasn't going to do a No Mercy run?

I lied. time to turn my trusty frying pan... into a dying pan

The rapid slam combos get me every time. I'm currently on my 67th attempt? This might take a while.

I've been in an Undertale mood lately, so I tried to create Sans in the black desert character creator... came out okay...

user posted image

The face is a bit scary...... Jusy a bit. Hehe nyeh heh heh

I wish i could play undertale. My class mate git a craked version. I said are you gonna do the pacifict run? Nope he is gonna do the genocide run. God damn him.