CursedFlames

Undertale

I guess what we could agree on is that Undertale is an amazing game, but the extremely-over-hyped fans can ruin the chance for other people to play it.

I also want the soundtrack. It's amazing.

I dunno, popularity and memes didn't stop Portal from being good. It's pretty unreasonable to reject something purely on the size and excitement of the fanbase. Things don't usually get popular by being bad, after all.

It's pretty much impossible to play undertale unspoiled due to the size of the fandom, which I can see being a turnoff, but so far I've seen way more people complaining about how terrible the undertale fandom is than instances of the undertale fandom actually being terrible.

More on topic, I finally caved and bought this game for myself, and I've made it to the pacifist epilogue. There's just so much content, especially for a $10 game. I'm going to feel so bad for eventually resetting to see some I didn't get in my first run. Not sure if I'm ever going to attempt genocide, especially since I'm horrible at video games and those two bosses are going to slaughter me; thoughts from people who've completed that route?

If you're up to the challenge, those two bosses are fantastic. I felt awful after the first, and by the time I beat the other, the "YES I DID IT" wave piddled out before his last words were done and I felt slightly dead inside. The first couple bosses took a lot of mental fortitude to kill, a lot of the deaths punched me right in the feels, and man, do I feel bad for him.

So I reset at the very last moment instead and did True Pacifist again as penance. I'm in the middle of another neutral now, so I can dig out more endings.

There's a lot of content that has a chance of spawning based on certain variables set at the beginning of each run. Stuff like the Wrong Number Song, the fridge joke, the Gaster stuff, and so on. I'm in the process of hunting for those, in fact.

Edited by Lythiaren

I dunno, popularity and memes didn't stop Portal from being good. It's pretty unreasonable to reject something purely on the size and excitement of the fanbase. Things don't usually get popular by being bad, after all.

Well, to be fair, there's also the logic of 'if those kinds of people like it, it'll definitely not be my style', which often does work. Not always, of course, but just because something's popular doesn't mean it's good, either.

I started playing this game a long time ago but I cant get past this one part and ive basically given up xd.png too busy with art nowadays

I started playing this game a long time ago but I cant get past this one part and ive basically given up xd.png too busy with art nowadays

Remember to stay Determined!

Aaaaahhhhh

I'm like terrified to fight Omega Flowey...

I've avoided any and all spoilers when possible... I did look it up when my game "crashed" though and read about it a bit and got spoiled a bit. I hate it when games "crash" or "erase save data". Plus it just looks pretty scary.... blink.gif

Any tips (without too many spoilers)?

Edited by Clya

He's not as bad as he looks. Focus mostly on the area around your heart for dodging mostly, every attack during a Flowey phase pretty much just moves in straight lines (and one bounces). If you see bombs, look up a bit and dodge proactively. Avoid getting too close to the sides of the screen as it can trip you up when he starts messing with you on the line attacks.

And pay attention during soul phases. If you miss the button, you will have to survive long enough for a retry. Especially on the ballet shoes one. You can't turn around and catch up with it if you miss.

Edited by Lythiaren

I just completed the True Pacifist run... and I was tearing up during the final parts of the battle with Asriel, but it was so great and it's such a satisfying and cute ending <3

I can't bring myself to do genocide after that though....

Also I absolutely love Asriel (in all three of his forms (not Flowey though)), he is so small and amazing and just eeheheehehhhh

Edited by Clya

Hey, play how you want. I've done true pacifist a few times, there's a secret to unlock if you nohit the credits. :3

You could always go for other endings too, like Queen Alphys or the dog ending.

I'm really late to the party. also kinda necroposting.

But I've become undertale trash.

I didn't like it at first - I thought it was an overrated game, simply because I didn't play very much past the beginning with Toriel, but I caved in, and I'm midway through watching Jacksepticeye's playthrough of it, and the way he plays, and the way he voices all the characters is making me really love it. To the point I am sorely tempted to re-buy the game (since I lost my steam account) and try to finish it.

Though i will admit - even before I started to like the game more, I always thought it had an amazing soundtrack. happy.gif

I played Undertale almost as soon as it came out and I love the game so much for the memorable story, characters, and music! There's not much more I can say about it, I just absolutely love it, that's it. :rolleyes:

Also, if anyone wants to check it out, Deltarune, (Undertale 2?) can be downloaded for free! It's a demo but it is fairly lengthy and has a complete story. It takes place in a different but similar universe. (So if you love the ending of Undertale, don't worry, this game changes nothing about the ending of the first!) I really enjoyed it, since it has the same charming quality as the first game. :D

Ah, Undertale brings back memories...

Lovely characters, and I'm a big bullet hell fan (though I wouldn't consider a vast majority of fights bullet hell, ah well, still fun and innovative) so I had a great tome with it.

Sans fits my bad joke character niche well lol

Music is fantastic, and plenty of great fan covers, too~