CursedFlames

Undertale

The thing is, Genocide run isn't fun unless you've done a Pacifist first -- but more likely than not, though, your friend will just end up on a highly violent Neutral run. Genocide takes ages to grind properly. ;p

...and even if, I personally think that the game is a lot more fun [or the opposite thereof] if you go in with a completely blank slate and aren't doing whatever friends/family/strangers on the internet want you to do. There'll be so much more "oh... OH... dangit..." moments if you just do what you think is best, because the game will react in unexpected ways to everything. I didn't particularly care about doing a pacifist run in my first playthrough and I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much if I hadn't found out some things for myself.

I've completed the neutral pacifist and true pacifist runs, and am currently having an extremely bad time sad.gif The final boss of the Genocide route is definitely one of the most difficult bosses I've fought in a while. ;P

AHHHHH i love undertale so much!!!

i've completed pacifist, multiple neutrals and genocide o:

i love undyne so much lmao @_@

lmao genocide was horrible, i spent a good solid week and a half just trying to get past the final boss sad.gif

The only advice for anyone who is new to Undertale I have is...

don't watch sb else playeng before you do xd.png I did and I didn't get so much fun playing as I had watching^^;

and

don't go genicide first... it influences the true pacifist ending so better do true pacifist before genocide first. Or you'd need to totally uninstall your Undertale (Steam version requires special treatment to remove the effects of genocide route)

Besides, genocide is much more difficult. Pacifist will prepare you without throwing too much at once.

actually you dont have to uninstall/reinstall to undo the post-genocide affect, you can access the game's save files in your pc and just delete and it'll be back to normal (i had to do this because i wanted to do pacifist again after genocide so they all live happily. .. . .. .. )

but yes if you can definitely play it on your own. i watched up until snowdin to see what the dealio was and it definitely wasnt as fun til after >:

All you need to do is go into your appdata and delete system_information_963. Voila, you're above consequences. You even get to keep your savedata with all the genocide values so you can have fun with altered dialog on your next playthrough.

Works different on Steam version though, due to Steam Cloud. Then you have to go into your Steam files and fiddle with permissions.

Works different on Steam version though, due to Steam Cloud. Then you have to go into your Steam files and fiddle with permissions.

Exactly what I meant by saying 'leave genocide till after going true pacifist' xd.png Quite much trouble, esp. if one's not into messing with games files or with Steam Cloud (well, I have a Steam version and I just feel I won't be into trying to make the game all unaffected xd.png)

Besides, I have a feeling that the game's dialogues, esp. from Flowey lot predicts that first you go good at least once before trying out the options with killing and with being a total evil:D

Edited by VixenDra

i love how much detail was put into this game so much, literally toby fox didn't miss a thing here

Exactly what I meant by saying 'leave genocide till after going true pacifist' xd.png Quite much trouble, esp. if one's not into messing with games files or with Steam Cloud (well, I have a Steam version and I just feel I won't be into trying to make the game all unaffected xd.png)

Besides, I have a feeling that the game's dialogues, esp. from Flowey lot predicts that first you go good at least once before trying out the options with killing and with being a total evil:D

Well, someone also made a genocide remover tool that does it for you, but that's obviously use at your own risk.

Dialogue-wise, I definitely agree, a lot of the Flowey dialogue seems to deliberately nudge you toward pacifist unless you're already on the genocide route at the end of the ruins. It's like he's trying to lead you down the path he took himself when he first awakened as Flowey.

Edited by Lythiaren

This really quickly became my favorite game. Stuff like Earthbound and To the Moon have always been up my alley, and this was very much a combination. RPGs are nice because a lot of the time what they lack in gameplay they make up for in story. But Undertale didn't really lack anything, which was nice. I still haven't been able to find a way into San's room yet, though. Anybody know?

This really quickly became my favorite game. Stuff like Earthbound and To the Moon have always been up my alley, and this was very much a combination. RPGs are nice because a lot of the time what they lack in gameplay they make up for in story. But Undertale didn't really lack anything, which was nice. I still haven't been able to find a way into San's room yet, though. Anybody know?

You've probably already figred this out; this is just for anyone who doesn't know. Highlight to read: Reset the game immediately after seeing him in the Judgement Hall WITHOUT SAVING; when you next talk to him, his dialogue will change. Do this again, and he'll give you the key to his room. It's a bit convoluted but it's interesting.

So, uh. Thoughts on all the AUs that have sprung out of the woodwork? :v Any favored artists or remixes or anything?

Personally, I found the Underfell designs to be kinda cool, although I don't really like the way it's presented. I also found Underswap to be entertaining. smile.gif

user posted image

(From left to right) Outertale, Canon, Underswap, and Underfell

EDIT: I'm still kinda learning how to post images, so bear with me sleep.gif

Edited by Starzipper

I've been listening to the Tokyovania mixes a lot. The music and remixes the community has created are all so very awesome.

I've been listening to the Tokyovania mixes a lot. The music and remixes the community has created are all so very awesome.

definitely this!! i like listening to those kazoo mixes or the acapella mixes a LOT @_@

I like Undynetale as the best AU.

It's an AU where everyone is Undyne and Undyne is everyone.

Personally, I like Underswap, don't ask me why, because I don't know why.

The music is really good, which a plus:

And this:

user posted image

Fun times: playing this during the pre-battle dialogue for the neutral final boss.

Edited by Lythiaren

Best.

Game.

Ever.

...sadly my JRPG experiences have led me down the genocide path on my first playthrough,

Needless to say, I had a bad time.

Did you not realize that maybe something was wrong before running into a Bad Time? :0 And did you get past the Bad Time or did you reset before that?

Um, anyway. Just realized I never answered my own questions! :v My favorite AU is Hymmnetale. Because I made it and it's slowly absorbed my entire life. But besides that I really like Joseontale (and other Historytale-type aus) and Reapertale; they're genuinely interesting takes on the Undertale setting to me.

theres even an ar tonelico au for undertale? wow. kinda unexpected. coming up with those lyrics probably takes a lot of work... im not big on a lot of aus but thats p cool. o:

Edited by Switch

theres even an ar tonelico au for undertale? wow. kinda unexpected. coming up with those lyrics probably takes a lot of work... im not big on a lot of aus but thats p cool. o:

Yeeep. And it started entirely because I wanted to make a few hymmnos covers for the music.

It, uh. Kind of spiraled out of control?(・□・;) Although Pastalie at least isn't too hard to write in; Standard Note is a lot worse for complicated grammar crap (I say as I deliberately use Binasphere Chorus for the Your Best Nightmare cover).