Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Just curious about odd spacing between eggs on my scroll.

What is the reason for the extra space between the Royal Crimson egg and the Thundersnow?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6879b89db6d0c97a23b01ae002b8ead4.png

Spoilered because the image turned out beeg!

there's extra room for the lightning that appears during the thundersnow's cracking phase :3

6 minutes ago, Arcy said:

there's extra room for the lightning that appears during the thundersnow's cracking phase :3

Thank you! I could see the extra space, but had forgotten about the lightening!

What months are Harvest dragons available? I seem to remember they are only available during certain months.

Harvest Dragons change habitat in the winter (alpine in winter, forest the rest of the year) and become less common, but are still available.

Ahh. Thank you for clearing that up! :)

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

Why are Harvest dragons less common in the autumn? Isn't autumn the harvest season?

Probably a lore thing. They hibernate so they'll focus on getting food instead of breeding in autumn.

Has anyone ever been successful in breeding Scourgefire dragons without using fertility? or any rares for that matter, like Aeons, silvers and golds, etc. Is there math behind that?

43 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

Has anyone ever been successful in breeding Scourgefire dragons without using fertility? or any rares for that matter, like Aeons, silvers and golds, etc. Is there math behind that?

Can’t give you solid data, but unless I’m really in need of a particular egg, or breeding a pair for the first time, I rarely bother with fertility, even on Aeons, Silver, Golds or Stats, and for the first three at least I’m reasonably successful. But I do have a lot of dragons to try, so I might play differently if I only had a handful of rares. Scourgekeepers I find almost as tough to breed true as Stats!

Edited by oxoniensis

4 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

I just bred one now. You're welcome to it, just PM me & I send it to you. Third gen & pure bred.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/19ok9

If you don't want it, let me know, okay? Thanks. :D

I've bred my Silvers & Golds way before Fertility was a thing. :D As for Aeons, I've bred some of mine & have gotten an egg from them. I really don't use Fertility, as I never had it when I first started playing. XD

Edited by kiramaru7

25 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I just bred one now. You're welcome to it, just PM me & I send it to you. Third gen & pure bred.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/19ok9

If you don't want it, let me know, okay? Thanks. :D

I've bred my Silvers & Golds way before Fertility was a thing. :D As for Aeons, I've bred some of mine & have gotten an egg from them. I really don't use Fertility, as I never had it when I first started playing. XD

ah no thank you! I'm just curious about the success rate. I might conduct an experiment when I have more dragons

Hello, guys! some years ago I saw chatroom for creating and discussion of a ND ! Can someone give me the link? Thank u ! I dream about one and hope may be someone can teach me there 

Ive been gone awhile, but am back and have questions. I hope this is the right place to ask, lol. 

How do you tell the dragons element? Like how the raffle wants you to raise life element dragons. 

2 minutes ago, Santini said:

Ive been gone awhile, but am back and have questions. I hope this is the right place to ask, lol. 

How do you tell the dragons element? Like how the raffle wants you to raise life element dragons. 

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia

You can search elements with hastags in the search bar, e.g. #life

There's also a link to the dragon breed in a dragon's view page if you have it unlocked in the encyclopedia.

6 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia

You can search elements with hastags in the search bar, e.g. #life

There's also a link to the dragon breed in a dragon's view page if you have it unlocked in the encyclopedia.

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, LostinEcho said:

Hello, guys! some years ago I saw chatroom for creating and discussion of a ND ! Can someone give me the link? Thank u ! I dream about one and hope may be someone can teach me there 

There's one here:

https://www.allureofnds.net

I've never used if so know nothing about it - 

and there is a thread here:

8 hours ago, Santini said:

If you've been gone a while, you might find this thread helpful to quickly unlock a lot of the hatchling and adult sprites!

About definitely spend time on hatcheries clicking eggs, that's the best way to unlock once you don't own (especially for hard to obtain ones) so you can buy them in the marketplace if you'd like (or just want encyclopedia completion)

On 1/25/2023 at 9:37 PM, Impulsive_Egg said:

ah no thank you! I'm just curious about the success rate. I might conduct an experiment when I have more dragons

No worries! Good luck when you get around to experimenting! :D

42 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

What is "Xxxxx name codes" in trading?

They just mean that they want the code to have the same sort of capitalization as a real name. First letter capitalized, others lower case.

is there a list with the forum mods anywhere? the "contact a mod" link on the first page seems to be broken, it just takes me to the forums homepage. since the question is about a rule i figured id ask a mod, but i'm not sure where to find one x_x

6 minutes ago, Dizzywing said:

is there a list with the forum mods anywhere? the "contact a mod" link on the first page seems to be broken, it just takes me to the forums homepage. since the question is about a rule i figured id ask a mod, but i'm not sure where to find one x_x

https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

35 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

They just mean that they want the code to have the same sort of capitalization as a real name. First letter capitalized, others lower case.

I don't get it. What real name? Also, what is that blood swap?

5 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

What real name? Also, what is that blood swap?

A name that you would give a person, or a dragon -- Bob, Ferdinand, Fred, Barney, Fido, whatever. All with one upper case letter followed by lower case. (Of course in this case it would be a five-letter name like Alice or Leroy.)

Blood swap generally means a dragon of the same breed with the same breeds of mother and father, but unrelated to the dragon being traded.

Edited by purplehaze