AroaraAngelwolf

Nobility for a Thief

Xel chuckled and put his hand with hers and her arm around her waist gently, "I'll try not to throw you around then, being a "lightweight", you might blow away in the wind when we move from place to place.

"Nah, just tie me to Rob's back... especially when it's windy. With how he eats, he can be a fortress wall in a wind storm!" She jokes with a slight smile. She couldn't reach his shoulder, so she set a light hand in the crook of his elbow and started to dance, her steps light as they spun. "Besides, being dainty, fair and ladylike has it's perks .... no one would suspect little me to be a thief. I also made a good cook... speaking of... how did you like my spicy roots? You got quite huffy after Solessa said I made them..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Xel couldn't help but laugh at the image of her being tied to Rob. "I guess it was okay, I'm not one for spicy food though, so that didn't hurt. It gets my stomach to act up most of the time."

"Well, you need to tell me these things, I want everyone to be comfortable... I don't want to be the source of discomfort. Ant other foods I should avoid?" She asked tilting her head concerned.

Xel shook his head, "No not really, but dont worry about cooking right now, this entire night should be distraction enough. Just have some fun." He took her hand and slowly spun her in place.

She spun around and sighed. "That's the thing.. I.. don't really know how to act here. My idea of fun was helping in the kitchen and the servants do their work.... not this. I... was never allowed to be out of my room when we hosted parties, or allowed to attend any. This.. is chaos, loud and shuffling.. not something I really enjoy. I'm starting to wish I stayed at camp...." She said as she danced.

Xel frowned, "...what if I ordered you to have fun? Your in my group and have to do as I say now. Unless you want to go back your your old laugh, you need to learn to have fun once and awhile. Freedom and fun come hand in hand."

Neiva frowned. "You can't just order someone to have fun! If you were locked up most of your life in the dark with little human interaction this party alone would be a culture shock! I talked with your sister about what I could do around the camp when you're off raiding. Tending horses, and the fire, doing laundry, making dinner... those things are fun to me. Just because I don't know what you consider a good time is like dose not mean I don't know the concept of it! I just perceive it differently than you do!

I left to be away from orders and rules that if I break I get thrown out in the sun for hours on end with no breaks, leaving me burned and sore for days! You dare order me, I'd take my chance on the streets." She said darkly.

Xel looked at her with a straight emotionless face before leaning in, locking eyes with her, "...I Order you to have fun... That is my first and only order to you Neiva." With that the dance ended and Xel made his way out of the tent.

Neiva blushed and stiffened. When he left she went over to Solessa in a huff. "Your brother is irritatingly confusing and completely daft! How can someone order another to have fun, it is completely impossible!" She sighed pinching her nose. "I'm calling it a night. I'll be back at the camp...." She left with her things then.

She walked back to the camp and started to tend the fire and brush down the horses. She was in a daze while doing this and started to hum a song. After a while she sang a song that sounded somber as she groomed Jack and Jill.

Solessa paused but let her go. Se sighed, "I'll talk to her later tonight..."

The party went on for a while longer until a guard ran into the main tent, "THERES A FIRE BURNING IN THE CENTRAL CAMPS!!" The people began to yell and panic as they ran out to see that the tents belonging to the Kings's guard and nobles were on fire.

Lord Garthfello was the first one toating his pudgy belly to the fire seeing his tent wasn't spared. He ordered the knights around him to get water and they scrambled to do his bidding. Other nobles worked with each other to put out their tents.

Theo and his wife were also out there helping them, still showing good sport with the nobles. When the fire ears out she looked around for the source of the fire.

Neiva finished grooming the horses and headed to her tent, getting into a flimsy nightgown. She changed her bandages after looking at the wounds, now small scratches, but the burns and bruise on her cheek hadn't faded and probably wouldn't for three more days. She lay down. The reality of her retaliation hit her suddenly. She went from being a noble blooded servant to a noble blooded thief.

She pulled her blanket around her as she went out to look at the stars, sitting away from the fire in the shadow of a tree. She would say that she had fallen far, but in reality... She barley took a step down from where she was before. That's what hurt her. The reality that her family wouldn't truly care either way. The stars started to blur as she tucked her knees to her chest wrapped in the blanket and started to cry.

She wished her skin and hair wasn't so white. She wished her family had kinder hearts and wasn't corrupted by power and gold.... Although she knew that wishes.... where only came true in children's tales.

Solessa had Rob run to camp to see if Neiva was okay there, and then told Matt to find Xel. She then went to put out the fire that hit some merchant tents. When the fire was out, it was plain to see that Garthfello's tent was the epicenter of the fire.

Xel was slowly walking towards their camp with a bag over his shoulder that clattered with metal.

"Perhaps a torch outside was knocked over?" The guild leader said as a red faced Garthfello shouted about the damage done to his tent. She wasn't dunce, and had a strong suspension a certain someone of the thieves did this... Thieves may be thieves, but they have their own set of rules and honour. She most certainly wasn't going to rat out her most trusted member now was she... "Accidents happen sir... some lad must have been too drunk to walk and dropped his torch or candle... " She said smoothly as the man continued to ignore her and study his charred wears.

Rob came painting passed Xel at a full out sprint and halfway to the camp. He stopped and swayed out of breath and feeling queasy form running on a stuffed stomach. Hands on his knees, he lowered himself down so he can catch his breath and hold down dinner easier. He couldn't get any further without getting sick.

Matt had asked around before heading out of town finding Xel on the road to camp. "Boss! You okay? Solessa told me to find you.. there was a fire in town...."

Xel looked up at Matt, "Really now? No one was hurt I hope." When he got to camp he set the bag down in front of his tent. "Well thank you for doing as she asked, but I'm fine. If what you say is true, then we should pack up before they start pointing the finger of blame to people."

Solessa did what she could before returning to the camp site, "The guild leader is calling for a meeting tomorrow morning. Every member of the guild is to be there. No exceptions." Xel nodded, "Then we will be there. But we are packing up regardless."

Rob came stumbling in. "Too much ham and gravy... sorry Solessa... I had to rest. Anyone seen Neiva?" He asked, still looking a little green.

Neiva.... her things where gone, so was Jill. Her tent empty and horse hooves leading off to the abandoned winery. It seems the thieves had something stolen from them, how ironic.

Xel face palmed, "Solessa, Matt, go after her and get her and the horse back please..." Solessa sighed, "...damnit Neiva..."

Matt was just about to go and collect his traps when the order came and he sighed, shoulders sagging. "Come on Solessa." He said flatly. Although he likes Neiva, she was still seen as a weak link to him. Something that.. didn't quite fit in the gears of the thieving business.

Rob packed his things and looked at Xel as he got all the heavy stuff packed. "Why did she go? She seemed upset when she left the party......."

Xel looked at Rob with a blank stare, "If you really want to know, you can ask her when she gets back."

Solessa followed as they headed to the farm. "I'll do the talking... like always..."

Matt shrugged. "Fine with me, I'll stand outside while you have a girl talk with her. I don't do mushy stuff."

Neiva was inside a old looking house with a hole in the roof. She was organizing wine bottles, cleaning up the outside separating the good from the bad, judging by the label year and smell of the contents. She hummed as she worked, although a sniffle still permeated the sound. She sneezed and coughed but still worked.

Solessa sighed and walked in, "Neiva... are you okay in there?" Solessa walked towards her sound, moving over debris and under cobwebs.

The noise stopped. "Yes. I'm perfectly fine. I was going to head back and drop off a letter for you.. but I heard that you guys are leaving so.. I came back here. I warned your brother, and I'll only be a dead weight to you guys so I decided to stay here. I know enough about this from books, I'm sure I can make a decent living without resorting to thievery. I only took the horse for helping carry things... in the bag I gave Xel there should be more then enough gold and gems to get two more horses." She said quietly.

Solessa just walked over to her and hugged her, "Your a sweet girl Neiva... And I don't want you to leave... I wouldn't forgive myself if you went off and got hurt... I know you feel bad... But I want to offer you a new family with us."

Neiva remains silent for a long while. "Solessa.... " She sighed. "I know you all see me as a China doll.. but I'm not. I am a strong minded woman. Anything is possible if you set your mind to it." She pulled away from the girl. "I did warn your brother not to order me. I won't go back on my word."

Solessa sighed, "He just wanted you to have fun... If he treated you like a china doll, than he wouldn't have treated you as he was, a human being. I admit I worry about you being fragile, but Xel didn't care. We treats everyone the same, even if that means ordering you to have fun."