AroaraAngelwolf

Nobility for a Thief

Rob ate up his portion and Matt picked at his. Rob had to yank the knife from the tree when he got back.

Neiva was in her room, head covered by her blankets. It hurts to move. From her neck to her belly she was bound in wrappings. Her arms covered with them. Her clothes for the day where ruined. Her room was dark and sparse. She lay curled up under the quilted blanket with a sigh.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

When they finished, Xel got up, "Tomorrow is a big day. We will need to pack up most of camp and hide away the rest, for we will be taking a trip."

Solessa looked at him puzzled, "Why?"

Xel smiled, "The Thieves Guild is having a gathering with the Merchants Guild to trade, negotiate, etc. We can trade things we stole and spend the coin we have acquired to those of the Merchants Guild. The only rule is that we can't steal from them."

Matt started packing his tools and such to get ready for tomorrow.

The next day.

Lord Garthfello didn't like this, combination deal. He of course was distinguished in many guilds he deems suitable for blue bloods. The merchant guild was one of them.

He took Abigail with him to see if there was anything she liked. The eighteen year old girl was tall, slender, with black hair and a Carmel competition like her father, with dark eyes. She had the same cheek bones and frame as her sister, but the similarity between the two end there.

Lady Garthfello was at home, watching her eldest daughter in the bright sun weeding the garden. The poor girl's cheek was dark with the mark from yesterday, her arms still wrapped up and her palms too to help with the pulling, but her fingers where pricked and bleeding.

Xel and co. made there to a hill the over looked the gathering. He scanned the tents and vendors before spotting what he was looking for, motioning the others to follow.

Lord Garthfello sold stuff, like cloth, porcelain plates, spices and herbs of exotic lands, swords and horse tack. He was a excellent sails man and sold many things to people as his daughter walked around the tents with two guards behind her. She flaunted her wealth garishly, by having the richest blue satin dress and ribbons all around it in lighter blue and white. Her white lace gloves and parasol matched her dress and where top quality.

Neiva still worked as the day grew brighter and hotter. She was exhausted and thirsty, but she wasn't allowed to break. Thankfully, the gardener Carlos did all of the hard weeds for her, leaving the ones that came right out. Even these were few and soon she was finished by one. Then her mother had her trim the hedges..... on a ladder. Neiva can already feel a spell coming on and she fought it as long as she could, before she collapsed in a heap as she stepped off the ladder to the ground after her fifth hedge. She was woken and then put to work inside the house.

Xel leads them to a trader tent, "Diego!" A tan skinned man pokes his head out, "Xel! My friend, you and your crew made it!" Xel laughs, "Indeed. We are going to set up camp on the hill over there. We got much to trade and sell." Diego smiles, "Wonderful! I'm sure Matt has some good traps, And Rob my friend, you will help with lifting yes? And the beautiful Solessa, always a pleasure." Solessa smirks, "The pleasure is mine Diego."

Xel smiled, 'Rob, help set up camp with me on the hill. Matt and Solessa, we are going to work with Diego's booth, so help him out." Diego began sorting things, Solessa started counter up their total coin. Xel went to the hill and began unpacking and setting up the tents with Rob.

"Roger that boss!" Matt said and started setting up his own smaller contraptions for demonstrations along with any of Diego's wears.

Rob hummed as he worked. "Oh.. I remembered that... I hope that girl is alright. Her mother made her work in the sun.... I hope she isn't burned from it. Miss Neiva was very pale..... " he said, mostly to himself.

Abigail hummed softly as she walked to the newest tent being set up to check out what they had. Her father's blue and gold tent was five down from this one anyway. Her guards kept close to her, one with her family crest and the other with the kings crest on their respective chest plates.

Xel ignored Rob's comment that he caught wind of. He worked on the tents.

Solessa was inside the vending booth, marking down Diego's stock.

((Yeah... You ain't going to get much more from them in terms of thinking about Nieva unless you make something they have to interact to.))

((That's why Abigail is over there. ))

" My my, what interesting do-dads here. Father would be more interested then me in these.... oddities." Abigail looked Solessa up and down. "Those horrible clothes don't flatter you any dear, daddy always says a beautiful face brings in the gold. Oh..." She spotted the other two and pulled out a pretty lace fan flipping it open. "Do any of you by any chance know the handsome rugged man helping that big oaf pitching the tent?"

She was a promiscuous woman, attracted to anything handsome or with money, and being the prince's bride to be, she would be her family's ticket to more wealth and power, and a added bonus, the Prince was gorgeous. Love was never in any equation for her.

Solessa barely moved an eye to the wealthy girl, "That's my brother Xel... As for my clothes, my line of work requires clothes that I wouldn't mind getting ripped or torn. Not that you would know about living anywhere but a wealthy home..." She finished her sentence with a slight hiss. She hated these types of people.

"Good customer service means you need to work on that attitude." She walked away in a huff and went to to Xel fixing her dark locks and walked up to him batting her long lashes at him. "Good morning!... how are you today? My my, that looks like hard work...makes me warm just by watching you..."

Xel just gave a causal smile, "Hard work pays off the best rewards Miss. I'm just doing what I need to so I can sleep cozy tonight. Is there something I can help you with?" He was polite, mostly by nature to be polite in social settings.

"Oh there might...." She said behind her fan batting her eyelashes again. A messenger ran up. "Miss Garthfello, your father requests you at the tent. "

"Oh.. that's me, I better go... oh have you received word from mother? That horrible thing ruined my rose bushes last night......" She said as she walk along to her father's tent.

Xel blinked, "Garthfello? That can't be... No... I'm just hearing things..."

Solessa was glaring at the girl the whole time, but she wasn't able to hear what she was saying at all.

"It is.. look... isn't that the crest on the side of that tent?" Rob pointed out the distinctive antlered shield on the side of the blue and gold tent. "Now I know what Matt ment by her looking nothing like her sister....She has dark skin and hair...although little miss has prettier eyes. " he said with a final swing of the mallet on the stake ant the tent was completely up. "All done."

Abigail flutters around the costumers at her dad's tent and chatted and flirted with some selling lots of things.

Xel sighs, "I hate faint sometimes... Rob, take 30. I'll finish here. You can get you share from Solessa to go buy things."

Solessa knew she was Neiva's sister now, she growled but didn't make any moves in this crowded place.

Rob nodded and went with Solessa. As he shopped he got himself a cloak that fit and better shoes for his was falling apart and hurt his feet.

Neiva finished everything. Her mother was out shopping. She might as well hold her share with gold. If she was to be with that group. She made sure to take the dusty coins in the back, the ones they never looked at. Adding a small bag of precious gems and old necklaces and earrings her sister never wears, snippets of fine lace, silk and satin worth five gold a hand span from dusty old gowns, kerckifs, and gloves. She managed to collect several hand spans worth of lace and silk and satin ribbon, all stuffed on her pockets. She'll hide the things in her room, waiting till tonight to sneak out. She was burned and bruised from the sun and constant work on her knees, her fainting spells and bumping into furniture inside. Her hands wrapped up in thin bands to keep them from bleeding. She was done with this family. She was going to get out of here as soon as she can.

Xel kept working around. Solessa was working the booth with Diego. Her eyes glanced to the tent with the crest and its owners every once and awhile.

Rob came back from shopping and helped Xel.

Abigail was a hit. The tent was crowded with men. Around noon she took a break and walked back down to Xel. "So handsome... you must not come to town often... later tonight I can show you around..." She flirted. One guard rolled his eyes the other winked at Solessa.

Rob still working, only giving the woman a dark glance. She probably treated Neiva like her mother did.

((After this interaction, skip two days?))

Solessa flipped off the guard who winked at her.

Xel sighed, "Thanks but no thanks. Besides, word gets around, won't you be marrying some rich boy soon? Not fit of a lady like you to hang around a peasant like me." He remained calm and focused on himself, no one else. Then again, he knew these types of people. They HATED not getting what they wanted.

"Oh! Come now, don't play that card. My marriage is only a symbolic gesture, the king wishing to unite our two families in order to keep us from over throwing him. Like we'd do that! Besides.. with... your stature... people will think your my guard.... no suspicion would arise..." She smiled coyly at him.

Xel smirked, "Yeah, unfortunately, I don't play guardsman. Now unless you want buy something, you can stop looking at me. Your soiling my reputation."

Solessa laughed to herself.

Abigail bristled and huffed. "Theres more then one way of spoiling a reputation..." She said darkly and hurried off.

((I'm going to skip now ok?))

Two days later......

Neiva waited until dark. It was her birthday, the house was quite, everything was packed. She made it to the end of town under a warn cloak and a large bag on her shoulders. She had old stable boy and servant clothes, and a few of her dresses stuffed inside. The bag of gold wrapped in the silk and lace in her pocket to muffle the sound. Her birthday gift was in a neat parcel under her arm along with some corn muffins the baker sent with her. She blew the whistle.