AroaraAngelwolf

Nobility for a Thief

Neiva looked outside. "It looks like it'll rain all night, now if you'd excuse me, I'm quite tired. Goodnight everyone." She got up and left the room as lighting flashed and a far off boom sounded.

"let us take care of the dishes, Mary, show them the rooms and get the Chaise lounge ready for him. You all must be tired from a long day's travel."

((They are also known as fainting couches, can be used as a bed))

Xel nodded, "Indeed. It's nice to take a stop here and there. Keeps morale up." Solessa agreed and began to get ready for bed, following Neiva. "Well tonight was nice. Wouldn't you say?"

Neiva nodded. "Yes it was, although I did feel a little.. odd in the dress. I normally don't have anything so... expensive. " She paused as lighting split the darkness once more. "The storm is getting closer. Hopefully you guys can get some sleep in this racket. Well sweet dreams..." She crawled into bed.

Neiva waited until everyone was asleep before getting up and tip toeing silently down stairs, through the living room and to the back porch, sitting on a wooden bench looking out at the storm. The porch was dry, so she didn't kneed to worry about getting wet, and it was rather warm rain, so she wouldn't get cold. She leaned against the house listening to the rain and thunder.

Little did she pay attention that Xel was awake, outside already. "It's not midnight yet, so I know you won't talk to me... But at least I hope you will listen. First I want to apologize for making you upset, I have no place to make you do something you don't want to regardless. I treat this group as family, and if you are to be part of it, then I need to treat you as family too... I hope you come to see that." He smiled at her and walked to the door. "Goodnight Neiva..."

"I was tired of being a salve. Solessa offered me a new family, a chance to redo it. But do not for one moment consider me weak. I am a woman, an intelligent one at that. Don't treat me like a broken China doll, and no argument would leave my lips." She said, and a slow roll of thunder sounded. She laughed. "The storm talked back! How silly!" She smiled and looked at Xel, nodded him a silent goodnight. She found a loophole in her own promise. She never said she would speak out loud around him, just not to him.

Neiva woke and was dressed out in the barn tending to the horses when the rooster woke everyone up. It was muddy, but stopped raining. The cook had made breakfast for everyone and had everything out.

Solessa was right at the food, eating a lot. Xel came down and laughed, "Solessa has a crazy morning hunger..."

Xel grabbed a bottle of milk and walked outside to drink it. Solessa finished after a few more minutes, "Ah, that was good..."

Xel shook his head, "I'm not hungry. Besides, I usually munch on a ration or two on the road. We have enough food to last us a month, and the next town is only a half a week to a week away." He finished his bottle. "I'm guess from here on, it's a new world for you huh?"

"Yes,... it is. This is as far I've gone away from home. It would be odd, but I have you guys. The horses are ready. I'll make sure everything is packed and everyone is ready to go." She heads inside. Rob ate what no one else would. Her grandmother wasn't up, preferring to stay in bed for a little while longer.

"Solessa... would you ride with Matt today? I'd rather walk today." She asked as she got her pack all ready.

Xel shook his head, "I don't want anyone walking in this mud today." He went around the house and pulled two larger horses to them. "I got two of our guild horses. Rob will ride this one while we double the medium ones. The last one is for equipment. Once the ground dries, we can go back to walking."

Neiva huffed as she already helped Matt on Jill. Rob gave the new horse a pat down before tying the things to the other new horse and mounted the large horse. Neiva started walking, keeping off the mud and on the grass. "So much for that. I like the smell after the rain. I also like watching it rain. I can't enjoy the clean air if all I smell is horse." She stepped on moss and slipped falling on her front on the wet grass. She lay stunned for a moment, blinking at the grass before laughing so joyfully she snorted, then giggled some more. "That! Hehehe... was not what I meant by enjoying the smell! Hahaha!" She carefully got up and brushed herself off.

Xel sighed, "And next you could land on a rock... Please just get on a horse, we can move faster..." Solessa didn't say anything and keep moving forward.

"Rob takes up the whole saddle and there's no room for me on the pack horse. Solessa is on with Matt.... " She didn't want to ride with Xel, not because she didn't like him, just riding with him was a little to close for her comfort. Knowing him only for a few days, she knew she had no choice. "Fine... you're the boss. Help me up." She trotted over to him and looked up at him.

Xel held out his hand and lowered his foot to use as a step for her, "I just dont want you slipping and sliding around. If it was Solessa I would be saying the same thing." When she got on, he rode up closer to Solessa and Matt. "We ride for Sunferry. Diego said he had some things for us for the help we gave him. Then we go for the Guildhall.

Neiva had got on behind him. Matt nodded and road on. Rob following not far behind. Within a hour and a half of travel, Neiva had her head on Xel's back and arms around his waist, sleeping. She didn't get much rest with the storm and her habit of waking early. She slept for a long while, nearly slipping off once or twice.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Xel was happy Neiva was getting some sleep, keeping an eye out in case she began to slip off. Solessa giggled at Neiva's sleeping face thinking it was cute. After another hour or so, they could see the town ahead. Xel motioned for them to stop and tapped at Neiva, "Hey, we are here."

"Hmm?" She yawned and sat back. "Sorry.." She said as she rubbed her eyes. "I only got a little sleep last night. I can never sleep during thunderstorms so i watch them until they stop and I normally wake up really early. I'm still very sleepy but I'll manage." She yawned and stretched her arms grabbing on to Xel when she thought she might slipped off. She peeked around his sholder at the town. "This is Sunferry?"

Xel smiled, "Yes indeed. Sunferry used to be a port city until the river became to small for trading vessels. Some small ships still come in, but mostly caravan merchants come to buy and sell. The center of the town is an old ship that the sun's rays hit it's sails, illuminating most of the town. The moon does too."

"Interesting. Are we stopping to rest here? We still have plenty of sun to travel by. " She sat back and let go of him, keeping her hands on her lap. This was still too close for comfort and she couldn't believe she used his back as a pillow. It was rather embarrassing. She tugged her hood lower to hide her pink cheeks.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Xel nodded, "The plan was to go in, grab the thing from Diego... but it's a full moon tonight and he invited us to stay with his family. He has a nice house so it's not an issue for 5 extras. But tomorrow we will go for the guildhall." Solessa noticed Neiva and smirked, "You okay dear?"

"Fine? Of course I am fine, why wouldn't I be fine? " She said in one breath. "I'm tired that's all, and.... the sun.... it's getting to me. " She flushed even more and looked away from Solessa. "Stop it." She muttered.

"Soooo.... what's with the full moon thing? You do know werewolves are a fairy tale don't you?" She asked him after a moment when they where closer to the town.