Gruff

CB vs Abandoned.

It depends on the dragon. For example I need cb purples for a lineage, so what I pick up a purple I always hope it is a cb.

On the contrary for blacks or vines I prefer if they are lineaged to try the alt lottery.

For other dragons, sometimes I look for CBs to get some new breeding pairs, sometimes for nice lineages, sometimes for messy one to freeze them.

I like CBs. I always know what I'm getting, I can control or create my own projects, CB rares are in higher demand for trade, and I feel more likely to find a rare. Don't get me wrong, there are some real Abandoned gems out there wink.gif

I like CBs. I always know what I'm getting, I can control or create my own projects, CB rares are in higher demand for trade, and I feel more likely to find a rare. Don't get me wrong, there are some real Abandoned gems out there wink.gif

I know what you mean about Rares. I feel like I could find 3 CB Ices in the time it takes me to find 1 lineaged Ice in the AP, and be more likely to successfully grab those CB Ices to boot. xd.png

For me, right now I am focusing on caveborns to start a breeding line or three ... I did snag a nice linaged hatchling on the AP

I know what you mean about Rares. I feel like I could find 3 CB Ices in the time it takes me to find 1 lineaged Ice in the AP, and be more likely to successfully grab those CB Ices to boot. xd.png

LOL! Yeah, I don't rare hunt in the AP. I just look for lineages that are nice or lower time CB common/uncommon eggs. I just hate having nothing to do because I have a bunch of 7 day eggs on my scroll. xd.png So I always have at least a few from the AP, and sometimes I find some really fun ones.

I prefer the AP by far, both for those amazing surprise finds and for low-time CBs. Usually I only hunt the cave during new releases or when I need a specific CB I can't find on the AP.

I prefer cb over ap'ed but I love the nice things I find in the ap, and low-timers are nice too.

Depends a lot on what I'm looking for. For frozen hatchies (I have 2 separate armies going, plus all the ones needed for the 'one of each sprite' group) , I prefer lineaged dragons, because when I'm not going to be breeding them, they are far more interesting to look at. Also it's quicker to raise an AP egg!

For my adults, I prefer CB, because they are more versatile with what I can do with them, but for commons I'll often hunt the AP for them, because CBs get abandoned fairly often, so I can hatch a lot more in a given space of time.

I go for both because in abandoned cave you can find some neat lineages (I don't really care if their inbred or if the lineage is easy to fallow or not for the most part)

and seeing the types of dragons and their names in a lineage makes it easier for me to name that egg. But there are a few dragon breeds that I am looking for CB or pure lineages(like my Blusang Lindwurms for one)

so it depends with me

i always stalk the AP cuz i prefer the lower timers on the eggs in there plus its fun finding interesting pairings or lines

It's about equal for me...

Sometimes I just want to hunt the cave and see what I can get...

And other times, I'll check out the AP for anything interesting.

Plus having some eggs of each means I have eggs of different hatching times, and so it's staggered... so there's always something going on.

I have a very small preference for CB over bred eggs, since if I want to breed them to trade it's easier to track a CB pair than complicated lineages. I personally don't care about lineages in the slightest--I'll gladly take inbred rares (or reds) if I can snag them on the AP, and before lineages were tracked on DC (and when silvers were super easy to breed... sigh, those were the good old days...) I inbred the heck out of my silvers. when I'm looking for an egg, I'll cycle through checking the AP and the biomes until I find something that catches my fancy.

I generally don't care either way if I'm AP-hunting (generally if I really need a CB I'll go to the biomes), but I usually throw back lineages I'm disinterested in/can't realistically continue and tend to keep CBs. It's not a sure thing, though.

Sometimes I'll grab eggs from breeds I like in the AP, just to see if they have a neat lineage I'll be inspired to continue, or duplicate with my own dragons. I don't keep (or trade for) lineages I can't continue - prize lines with old holidays make me very sad sad.gif . Otherwise I use it to find low-time commons to expand my breeding stock, or snatch extra reds and pinks.

In the biomes I'm usually just hunting rares or things that don't turn up as CB in the AP much. I tend to only grab commons in the cave if I happen to like their code.

I think it really depends what mood I'm in--cave hunting is nice, esp. if I can snag something I have been wanting (red eggs, rare eggs, or something specific I need for a project), but hunting the AP has its own rewards. I am not very fond of the nasty lineages people sometimes drop in there, but I have found more than one alt Black or Dark Green there, and I often end up freezing the ugly lines, if they're a dragon I still need to freeze. Also I have found some truly beautiful 3g checkers, often ones I never would have thought to try on my own, which will add to tlthe beauty of that project whenever I end up doing it.

Edited by silver_chan

Normally I like hunting in the AP for nice lineages, especially 2G Cassares and Anagallis, as I have a casual goal of getting a 2G of those from every possible breed. But right now, the AP is so high-time that it seems pointless to hunt there.

Definitely abandoned:

-I don't really care about lineages

-The eggs usually have less time before they hatch

-You can sometimes find hatchlings

-lots of eggs in one place

-quicker to identify eggs

-you can find eggs with cool codes

Just kinda curious.

Which eggs do you prefer when hunting for new eggs, a caveborn one or one that has been abandoned.

A caveborn that has been abandoned tongue.gif

Ever since I joined this game my goal is to get as many dragons as I can because I adore them. wub.gif I try my best to have CBs of every kind, but sometimes I wander off to the AP and randomly pick up eggs to raise and love them, especially after holiday madness. wub.gif Many of them are very close to dying so I take them with me. wub.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I like to hunt CBs - on the abandoned page wink.gif There are so many out there smile.gif Plus, sometimes I keep lineages that I really like, and if I happen to grab a messy hatchling on the AP, I freeze it.

While it's fun to find a beautiful lineage, I pick up many, maybe the majority, of my CBs from the AP. I don't toss CBs back unless they've been clicked. smile.gif

I prefer hunting for abandoned eggs. It doesn't usually matter to me if they are CB or have a lineage as long as it is the breed I'm currently looking for.

I love collecting pretty-lineaged eggs, but I like building my own lineages better. So I usually hunt in the cave, but am no stranger to the AP.

I prefer to hunt CBs in the cave. I have several bred dragons but I like to have at least 4 pairs of CBs of all my favorite dragons.