Gruff

CB vs Abandoned.

Just kinda curious.

Which eggs do you prefer when hunting for new eggs, a caveborn one or one that has been abandoned.

I prefer nicely lineaged dragons (mainly even-gens). (so, nice things in AP, basically) Nice lineages > CB > Everything else. (i.e. messy lineaeges, inbred, etc.)

Edited by The Flash

When I want CB eggs I go to the biomes, and when I want lineaged eggs I head to the AP. There's a fair number of low time CB eggs in the AP, but I prefer grabbing a fresh one from the cave anyways. I like both about equally.

Edited by Tehya Faye

For me its CB over lineages. I don't really care for them and since lineages don't add anything to the dragon themselves, if I wanna look at a pretty lineage I'll check the discussion about pretty lineages found in the AP. The only lineages I can get behind are personally made ones so other than that CB only for me please :3

Well, sometimes lineages from the AP inspire me, e.g. this one's father was an AP find, the mother was entirely bred by my own dragons:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PsowK

Basically, it's both for me. Every now and then you need CB eggs to create new lineages or append to lineages from the AP.

I generally grab CB for new release eggs. But when it comes to vamping, I prefer pretty lineages or second gen PB. Basically because there is no evidence of what the egg was prior to turning.

My favourite thing is to find cool pairings in the AP and finish them off, which of course you usually need CB dragons to do - I agree with Ruby Eyes, basically.

I mostly aim for CBs since I'm not much of a breeder.

I do like grabbing pretty lineages from the AP though (checkers esp), but I don't do it as often.

I mainly AP hunt when I need messy lineages to freeze. (which reminds me of certain scroll goals I should be working on)

Edited by Isuzu

I prefer CB. I like making lineages and throwing them into the AP. I love making checkers, so pretty <3

If I am bored I tend to head to the AP to hopefully find something good ^^

Wish I had my own Prize to continue some lines sleep.gif

Edited by lollipop00

I prefer to hunt in the AP, unless there's a new release or I'm after CB rares. I like both CB and lineaged dragons about equally, though. I even like messy lines sometimes--those are the ones I freeze.

I like them all. I collect all new releases and have a few lineages going but I do scan the AP a lot. Especially after a new release when you find really nice eggs that are due to hatch in a few hours after incubation!

I prefer CB for lineage purposes, but checkers are so pretty! If I can continue a checker, I'll keep it. Ones I can't continue don't stay on my scroll long sad.gif

I like both. I make lineages, so I like having a bunch of every kind of CB I can get. I also love finding neat lineages in the AP or ones that already will work with something I have. I try to balance my egg slots with either biome eggs or eggs I bred (i.e. 7 day timers) and AP grabs (low times), be they CB or nice lineages. I just hunt around until I find something that catches my fancy. ^.^

I go through long periods where I forget the biomes even exist because I'm so busy hunting in the AP. It's fun to find pretty lineages in the AP, so I spend a lot of time doing that. I don't go to the biomes much unless there's a new release or if I need CB dragons for lineages. biggrin.gif I used to be all about the biomes though, so maybe I go through phases.

Though I have a few nice lineages, I much prefer caveborn eggs. If I'm looking for a common I try the AP first, that way I can get one at a lower time than the biomes, if not I search the biomes biggrin.gif

Edited by AquaBlueRain

I try to get two CB of each gender for all the dragon species and occasionally get more if I need them for breeding projects or really like the sprite. Otherwise, I prefer AP finds. I am fond of checker lineages, though I do have some others. I have started my own breeding projects around some particularly good finds.

I try to build a good CB base for breeding lineages but after that I search the AP for eggs with pretty lineages that I can then use mt CB dragons to continue.

In short: I like both.

I generally look mostly for nice lineages I might be able to use, and any CBs I might need/find useful - unless the eggs are ER/Uncuhatchable, which provides a great chance to load up on more of various CB Commons I wouldn't otherwise bother with, but might possibly need some day.

I really have to catch myself on some CBs, though, as I'm sure I must have plenty of CB Whites, for example, yet tend to still take more, when I've room - although compared to my breds, they don't seem like that many.

Personally, I prefer CB eggs because I'm really -REALLY- bad at keeping track of mates, and because my computer takes like 10x longer to load the AP. xd.png

After new releases though, I like hunting the AP for incuhatchable babies, hunting them, and randomly releasing them. =D Occasionally though, I do hunt the AP when the caves are not moving/boring, but on a general preference, I'd rather have the caveborns. Depending on what breed I need, really biggrin.gif If it's like, a super caveblocker, I'll hunt the AP and be sure to get some from there, but if it's Nebs/Moonstones, I'd have much more luck in the caves ^___^

Some time ago I collected only caveborn dragons, but now I often adopt messy or inbred eggs and hatchlings from the AP. I raise them to adulthood and give them names inspired by their codes, it's kind of fun.

I generally don't keep dragons with pretty lineages. Some of them are really inspiring and I admire the amount of work someone put into building a beautiful checker, stairstep or more complicated combination, but I prefer to plan and build lineages on my own smile.gif

It depends either on my mood,either if I do have time or not.When I'm in a hurry,but I want my slots full I go to the AP for pretty lineages,but when I have lots of free time,I literally stalk the biomes.

Usually I'm in the AP hunting for CB eggs. It works pretty well, too, as I've found some CB Ice, Magma, and Thunders there. But for dragons like Silvers and Blusangs I've gotta head out to the biomes. And of course the occasional pretty lineages found in the AP I'll keep.

I'm a mixture. I rarely browse the biomes anymore and go to the AP for dragons, mainly because I'm bored xd.png If I do go to the cave, its to get a specific dragon that I might need for a lineage.