AroaraAngelwolf

By the ocean blue...

"Um....pleased to meet you too Embrye..." She said before watching Tyne interact with the girl with a confused look. This was exactly the opposite of the Tyne she knew.

Engl started getting a light blush across her cheeks, but her golden amber eyes held steady with a challenge written in them. She looked away from his violet eyes to nod at the mermaid before locking gazes with him once more arching a eyebrow. "Very nicely done Teyna, I might ask you to do mine for me, it's a pain to braid it by yourself. Tyne...." She rolled his name like he did hers, "what do you expect? That I'll be angry at you for saving me? I don't know how it is for your kind, but generally when a man saves a woman, she is grateful towards him. After all you did give me the merperson blessing....." She imitated his purr, cheeks darkening but she held her ground.

((I think we established a flirt off.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Tyne's smirk grew at her blush. Ah? The kitten wants to play, hmm? Then let's play~ "Of course not, angelfish~ I only wish I could have done that while you were conscious. After all, you're more beautiful awake," he responded with a wink. "Especially when such a precious shade of red is covering your cheeks...~ I wonder how you'd react if I had given you the blessing now instead?" He moved closer to the dock. "Why don't we test it out?" he asked in a purr, now in front of her. Honestly, he wasn't quite sure how he'd react if she said 'yes'. ...But he was never one to plan ahead.

Embrye was fairly sure that his face had taken on a pink tinge just watching the two of them. He averted his gaze, looking at the water to his left yet again, wondering if now would be a good time to leave. ...But the mermaid, Teyna, interested him enough that he didn't want to leave just yet.

((I'm pretty sure my face is red right now.))

(I'm red from laughing!))

Engl's iron will broke as soon as he called her angelfish. Her blush creeped down her neck and across her nose. It was almost like watching the mercury rise quickly in a thermometer. When he was in front of her, she was completely flushed and makes a strangled "eep" sound. She lay stock still, frozen in place, her eyes switching from challenge to embarrassment and maybe a little panic in them. When she spoke it was quiet but high pitched in strangled panic. "Let's not......... you... can... back away now... eeep..." She swallowed hard giving him a clear "please don't " look.

Teyna turned away blushing. "This isn't like Tyne at all. "She muttered. "I would swim away, but... I might get lost... again..." She spoke nonchalantly, like she got lost all the time..... which indeed she does.

((It was either angelfish or Englfish and I chose angelfish.))

Tyne chuckled. "If you say so," he responded, backing away a bit as the glint in his eyes vanished, smirk turning into more of an amused grin. He knew when to back away, no matter just how tempting it was to continue. He didn't feel like getting slapped though. Or scaring Engl away. He had done that already on the first day, when he managed to get her flustered enough to retreat. ...Though, he had to admit it was cute when she had done that. Considering Teyna was there, though, and he was probably acting out of character to her, he decided that he wouldn't. Instead, he looked at Engl again with his signature smirk, which quickly vanished as he spoke. "Well, princess, I think that shows that you shouldn't try to flirt with me unless you're prepared for the consequences," he said nonchalantly.

Embrye blinked, ignoring the other two as he registered what Teyna said. "You get lost easily too?" he asked the mermaid, tilting his head. "I guess that makes two of us, then!" he said with a smile, his previous embarrassment forgotten.

Engl recovered enough to make a witty comeback. "Well then, dear Prince , it shows me that I need to be more prepared next time." She snarked, still blushing, waving a hand in front of her face to calm down, and avoiding eye contact with him.

((It was the angelfish that got me!))

Teyna's embarrassment was replaced by curiosity. "Really? Tyne had to lead me here, and not to long ago I got.. lost from daydreaming and swimming." She pulled herself up on a rock. "I would like to see more then just the coral reef, but i don't know how to defend myself and..... you humans attack mermaids like me... thinking we're sirens. ..."

Okay, so maybe he didn't know when to back away. "Ah? Prince?" Tyne smirked. "Does that mean I can be your Prince Charming?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow. Her reaction was rather amusing to him, and he found himself swimming a bit closer. He stopped himself before he ended up as close as before, though, knowing she wouldn't appreciate the closeness. And he was pretty sure he was already in dangerous waters with how he was acting. With that realization, his eyes widened a bit and he backed up again, keeping more distance between them then before, but quickly plastering a fake smirk on his face again so she wouldn't catch on.

A look of guilt flashed on Embrye's face at the mention of humans attacking mermaids. "...And they attack the mermen, too," he added quietly, remembering his grandfather. "...Ah, but, yeah. I get lost all the time! ...Actually, the only reason I'm here is because I got lost at sea, and then ended up caught in the storm, or so I was told. And then my luck kicked in, and I wasn't injured all that badly at all! My mother gets lost just like me, too. In fact, that's how her and father met," he told her in a slightly unsteady voice, his smile faltering a bit. He had a feeling Tyne would probably have told her about how his grandfather had been the one to injure him, but he wasn't sure what the mermaid thought of him, the descendant. After all, who was to say he wouldn't turn out the same?

Engl sat up when he got closer still blushing. "What would the town say if they found out about this..." She whimpers voicing her worry. She's flirting with a merman for crying out loud! What had gotten into her? "Stupid Engl." She mutters and hid her head behind her arms, knees to her chest as she hugged them.

Teyna drew back farther away from him at the mention of attacking mermen too. "I ....never knew my parents. Many of my kind don't. Sirens are different and sometimes stay with their mother or father, before doing... what they do...."

"An island like that seems perfect... and what would I owe to one who showed me such an island? Doesn't seem like a free deal. I'm willing to bargain anything." He smiled playfully, not sure how serious she was about this.

"The island was where I was born. When you sail there summon me. I want to see my home again. This place is beautiful, and I made it my home, but I miss my dad and the familiar rocky shores of Scotland. I have a map I'm going to give you to help you find the place. Be waned though. When you get close, call on me. My dad is big and fishes around the aria, keeping sharks away. I'll explain to him and convenience him to let you pass. Do we have a deal?"

Tyne winced as she mentioned the town. He completely forgot that she already had a 'bad' reputation. Him flirting with her wouldn't help, not one bit. But... Don't you dare, Tyne, he warned himself, stopping that thought before it could be finished. Knowing that if he stayed he'd only cause either more problems or awkward silence, he looked over at Teyna. "When you're ready to leave, just come get me. I'll be below," he told her, somehow managing to keep his emotions out of his tone, before diving down and leaving the two humans and mermaid before she could look over and see his expression. His silver scales were soon engulfed in the shadows, nearly impossible to see from the surface minus for the occasional glint as he floated a bit higher then the ocean floor. There, he sang quietly to himself. He didn't usually sing, unless he needed to calm himself, and even then, this was probably the only song he'd sing. He closed his eyes as he sang, focusing only on the sea and his voice rather then what he saw.

((The song he's singing is here. Hopefully that's okay with you?))

Embrye nodded in understanding after Tyne dove underwater. "I've never met a siren. In fact, you're the first mermaid I've met. Tyne's the first merman... And merperson overall. I've been told I'm lucky I haven't ever seen or heard a siren, but... I guess I'm just a bit curious. Then again, I'm not usually near the ocean." A smaller, gentler smile appeared on his lips. "...The sea is nice, though. And so many beautiful creatures live within..." His eyes darted from the water to her, then back before she hopefully noticed. He carefully placed his left hand in the water, watching it through the waves.

Engl turned and went to the lighthouse, starting it up. This was one of those times she wished she had a mom... or even a dad still around. She wanted, needed advice. She looked at Tyne's smooth silver scale in her palm. Did she like a merman? Questions and worry fluttered around her mind and her stomach felt like a fish flopping around. She didn't know what to do.

Teyna shook her head. "Pray you never will, they are bullies and won't hesitate to kill you. There's lots of colorful fish on the reefs, dolphins and many a rays are my favorite."

((Like the merman, Engl. Like the merman.

...Or just bring up love in a conversation with him and watch how fast his face turns red, because that's a fun thing too.))

Tyne allowed the last note to fade into silence, opening his eyes with a bit of difficulty. He stayed still for a bit, focusing on breathing as half-lidded eyes gazed into the sea, not quite seeing what they were staring at. "...My love," he mumbled, the unfamiliar words seeming a bit strange to say. Especially when he had no one he could link them to. As soon as that thought crossed his mind, a different one quickly followed, causing him to snap out of his trance-like state and his face to turn bright red. "W-Wait, no! That's not...!" He hid his face behind his hands, groaning. "I-I don't like her like... T-That!" Sure you don't, the little voice in his head said smugly. "Why am I even bothering to argue with myself?" he grumbled, crossing his arms and puffing up his cheeks like a little kid, though his face remained bright red.

"So... They really are that bad? ...All of them?" Embrye asked, his smile quickly replaced with a small frown. "...I normally don't see many sea-dwelling creatures other then fish. Koi fish are really pretty." He was now watching his hand idly draw patterns in the water.

((Yes, will do. I saw Cinderella! Hah adorable! Now I got the lavender blue some in my head))

Engl sat in her lighthouse at the darkening sea and started so sing Lavender's Blue song softly under her breath. She was in tune, beautifully so, and hummed the notes as she sat fingering the mermaid pin and turning his scale in the pulsating light mesmerized by the way it flashed in the lamp light.

"Well... the ones I know anyway..... they pull my hair and fin.... not once at all. Koi? I've heard of them. Never seen them. The flame angelfish is rather beautiful, it really looks like fire." She watched his hands draw patterns in the water, before slipping in from starting to get dry. I should go...... you where very kind.... for a human..." She added. "Well um.... don't get to lost..... goodnight... " She went under and found Tyne. "Is something wrong?" She asked worried.

"...Thank you for not automatically assuming I'm the same as my grandfather, Teyna. Goodnight," he responded with a small smile, finally looking up at her just before she left. He withdrew his hand from the water, standing up a bit shakily. Embrye walked back to the house part of the lighthouse, quietly heading to the room he was staying in, knowing that Engl was currently at the lighthouse part of the... Lighthouse. As soon as he entered the room, he sat leaning against the wall on the floor, thinking about the events of the day. Lots of surprising things had happened, though they weren't necessarily bad things. Just... Surprising.

"E-Eh?! Oh, it's just you, Teyna." Tyne blinked, still a bit startled, but grateful for the distraction because it caused his blush to go away. He uncrossed his arms, turning to face her. "Sorry. Nothing's wrong. Just my thoughts getting carried away." He looked away. "...And me arguing with myself," he added after a moment. "Nothing all that unusual." He looked at her again. "Aaanyways, did you enjoy your talk?" he asked, curious. She didn't seem to dislike it completely, at least, but he still wanted to ask.

((Dotz?))

Teyna sighed. "I liked it.. but... I still don't know about humans, he seemed.... nice..... but so dose a puffer fish.... can you take me home for tonight prose? I want to think about the conversation. Are you alright? You seemed.......different with the girl up there..."

((I can't think of anything for Engl))

Jacus thought for a moment, "Why wait for a summon, why don't we both travel there together. At any point you didn't want to be in the water, you could be safe from being detected on my boat. Beats being summoned I think. What do you got to lose?"

Fyre thought for a moment. "True...... and I can keep all monsters at bay. A low me to think of another payment for such a find..." She pulled out a yellow map and handed it to him. "Here.. now you should rest, night is falling, I would guide you to your ship but... my injuries haven't fully healed and it would take me two days to fully recover. You can gather supplies during that time.

"Then I will stay here until tomorrow. I will use that time to prepare while you stay safe and well... I feel responsible so don't get mad if I check in on you each day before we leave. Can't have my "Don't get eaten" ticket dying on me." He smiled at her.

Tyne nodded in response, humming the song from before. Well, at least, until she mentioned how he was acting. His humming cut off quickly, too quick, and he averted his gaze. "Er, yeah. Sorry that you saw that. ...I went from sarcastic to a sort of tease to... That." He began swimming slowly, thinking of a way to explain it that wouldn't reveal too much. "...She started it," he grumbled childishly, though in reality it was his fault. He was the one who had started flirting with her in the first place, after all. Though, back then, it was just to tease her. See how much of a reaction he could get out of the human. And then his feelings had begun to change, and they went from a way of amusing him because the human had seemed so weak to suddenly seeing her in a different way and it bothered him more then he'd like to admit. He was supposed to dislike humans, not feel... Sort of mushy(?) about one of the females! Humans were danger, danger was bad, bad was weak, weak got you hurt. He shouldn't have even saved her in the first place. ...Okay, that thought made him feel guilty, and he knew he didn't mean it, but still. Why did he stick around after she had woken up? This could have been avoided if he had fled! But he hadn't wanted to, and even now, he didn't. This going-in-circles thing was hurting his head and- He should probably stop thinking so much before he ends up lost, too.

((Tyne's mind works in weird ways. It links things to things, and that causes a mess that he links to other things, until he finally gets it linked to the desired thing.))

Fyre nodded and lay back down. "I wouldn't mind.... I could use the company. " She sighed and fell asleep breathing softly. She winced when she moved and shifted around but was out for the night.

Teyna followed him until her surroundings looked familiar then lead him to a cave by hers before heading home herself.

((Time skip about a week, midday. Embrye has a job at town... Fyre is out at sea with Jacus. Keep in mind some caves are under water Seacat.))

The waves where larger than normal, like something in a fitful sleep stirred under the waves. There was no storm clouds, nothing to indicate the waves should be this high, but it was everywhere. It should've been like this at all.

Jacus worked hard to keep the ship in line, "I'm not quite familiar with these waters, is it usually this rough going north?" He adjusted the sail and pulled hard on the wheel to keep the ship in line and stable.

Fyre was on the boat, the salt spray keeping her from drying out. She gripped the railing. "No it isn't. Something isn't right here. Ill ask my dad when we see him."

Engl waited on the shore where her dock was supposed to be. It's low tide and the waves cover the wood ankle deep. What is happening? The charm he gave her was silver in the shell from his scales, and the one unbroken one was around her neck along with the mermaid charm, fixed in a glass heart with gold edging it. She had on a dress of a deep purple that fit her thin form, her hair back in a braid. She slipped off her shoes and jumped in, wanting to see Tyne. She still could breath underwater, and she found out she could talk normally too. She didn't know how long it would last though. So she stayed busy the surface. Board she started singing Lavender blue, and could easily be mistaken for a young siren from how she sounded.

((...It took me a bit to realize what you meant. Woops.))

Embrye had gotten used to his job exploring the tunnels and caves by now, but what he wasn't used to was the waves the water was creating. It surprised him, because he was pretty sure there was no reason for it, but maybe there was. Either way, it made his job a bit harder, since he now had to make sure he didn't end up swept away by the waves. "If it's like this in here, then just how bad is it out there?" he asked himself, his voice echoing through the cavern as he proceeded carefully, marking down the path he was taking as he went.

Tyne's violet eyes scanned the sea in front of him as he swam, fighting against the currents. They weren't usually this strong at this time of day; What was going on? An uneasy feeling had settled in his stomach, and it wouldn't leave. He couldn't help but feel a bit concerned for Teyna, since he didn't know exactly how strong the currents would be over there. Not too bad, he hoped. He was heading to the lighthouse dock to check on Engl, since she always seemed to be there at this time of day. As soon as he was close enough, he heard someone singing a somewhat familiar song. It took him a total of three seconds to figure out who it was, and he sped up slightly, soon spotting her. The current was weaker around here, luckily. He slowed down as he approached, stopping nearby, a bit breathless. He nodded in greeting as soon as she noticed him.

Teyna was following a tunnel herself that lead from her cave to the shoreline. She now followed one that branched up and now in a tunnel that had knee deep water in it. She carefully slipped along the stone, her scales making a scrapping sound as she moved along the granite. A echo stopped her and she splashed her tail, so the sound was louder trying to frighten away whoever was in the cave.

Engl saw Tyne and grinned. "Tyne! I want to show you something!" She swam up to him and hugged him tightly. "How have you been?" She slowed him what she did with his scales and hugged him again. "I'm sorry for what happened the other day. I should've embarrassed you like that. I'm really sorry about that..."

Embrye froze as something else echoed. He automatically drew his knife, stopping and looking around in the dim light from the lantern he carried. He waited, but seeing nothing, he slowly began walking again. His knife wouldn't really provide much help if it was anything big, and from the sounds of it, it was. As he neared where he guessed the sound came from, he hesitated before calling out, because maybe that would scare it away. Or maybe that'd just cause his demise to be sooner. Either way, he might as well try, right? "Hello? Um, I don't mean any harm," he cautiously called out, dark brown eyes scanning the area, looking for any threat. "I know I'm carrying a knife, but I don't know if you're hostile or not." He couldn't help his talkative-ness, even if it may end up getting him injured, or worse. After all, what if whatever it was understood him, and didn't mean any harm either?

Tyne tensed up at her hug, but sort of returned it awkwardly. He quickly released her as she pulled back, nodding when she showed her what she did with his scales, only to tense up once again as she hugged him a second time, and he awkwardly returned it once again. "Er, I've been fine. A bit... Uneasy, I guess, because of the currents... But other then that, fine." Okay, that was sort of a lie, but there was no way he was admitting to realizing he possibly liked a human female like that. Yet. Maybe eventually. He doubted it though. Either way, he had to respond now, right? "It's fine. I'm partially at fault, too, anyways, for responding in the way I did. ...And not backing down when I should have." After all, there's no need to get us all confused when I'm pretty sure you don't return any sort of weird, twisted feelings I have for you. "Either way, Teyna only seemed... Sort of confused." I guess I do act differently around you. "So, if you can forgive me, I can forgive you." He paused. "...Hmm, the whole blessing thing actually works, huh?" he muttered to himself.