TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

user posted image

The timeline for the Valentine's Day event is essentially the same as before:

Sunday, February 8 at 0:00: Past Valentine's dragons will be breedable. They will remain breedable for exactly seven days, ending February 15 at 0:00.

Saturday, February 14 at 0:00: A new Valentine's Day dragon will be released. It will drop for three days, ending February 17 at 0:00. In addition, a special event will begin at this time, lasting one week (it will end February 21 at 0:00).

And, just like last year, there is some poorly-timed datacenter work that needs doing. This will result in a full outage of the site and forums. I don't have an exact schedule yet, but I will try to ensure that it is after the end of this year's event.

I am super excited!

Managed to get some nice 2nd Gen 014 & 013 Valentines, so I'm happy.

So happy, managed to fill up scroll with RA's. Got some great 2nd Gens, even this little one

user posted imagewub.gif Thanks

Can't wait to see the next release

I am pleased I got my valentines radiant angel x solstice vampire. It took 4 tries, 3 repulsed. But now I got my holiday vampire quota. Now to watch all my pretty sweetlings go black <3

Sweetlings turn black if you bite their eggs? ohmy.gif

As far as I'm aware ONLY those that have the alt Sweetlings from a glitch on their scrolls have ALL future Sweetlings turn black as well though those that weren't glitched can ONLY have the regular Sweetlings on their scrolls. smile.gif

Starscream was not talking about biting her Sweetlings, but biting a RA from a Radiant Angel x Solstice pair for a Valentines Vampire. Her comment about Sweetlings turning black was a different thing altogether, there's really no way to get Black Sweetlings unless you were part of the glitch. smile.gif

I wish that I could ahve caught some Radiant Angels.

Oh well, i caught myself some sweetlings, a couple of val 09s and a pair of pretty heartseekers ( the one I had was as messy dorkface wink.gif ) Besides, once some of these hatch I can continue otpp hunt for RAs.

I did manage to catch one RA, a Solstise baby, but I'm really hoping to catch another when the one I have hatches. They are such pretty dragons I'd love to have 2. I suppose tat goes for all of them, but I only have 5 spots xd.png

That happens to me every year xd.png Then its the nail bite fest hoping they all hatch and huge plus for those people who actually name them something similar to their parents tongue.gif

Haha, I've done that. xd.png Last year a few who caught my Grave babies froze a few, but I didn't mind. I think my favorite name that someone gave to their dragon last year from my dragons was "Purest Charizard" which is a sibling to this guy: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZPnuc They named it directly after the parents which I love. wub.gif

I name my dragons after their parents if I like thier names, otherwise I go off on my own. I think most of mine will have nice names this year because of that.

Coming up with cool and untaken names/code inspired names one of the BEST parts of collecting all of these beautiful dragons. biggrin.gif

Welp, got my first wave of breeding done. Hoping to get some more of the bloodswaps I'm after this year - always a tricky thing when you've got 3G or higher checkers because there are so many possible combinations. rolleyes.gif

In re: discussion on naming - I have really slacked off with naming my poor dragons over the last few months. Still haven't named all my new Christmas dragons. sad.gif I usually name after parents, but I've been known to use code- and lineage-inspired names, too.

In re: discussion on naming - I have really slacked off with naming my poor dragons over the last few months. Still haven't named all my new Christmas dragons. sad.gif I usually name after parents, but I've been known to use code- and lineage-inspired names, too.

I actually use a combination of the above as well.

For some I name for parents or lineages others for codes and SOMETIMES I use both. This, of course, goes for the lineaged dragons. For shimmers, I have taken to basing their names off of their lineages ( usually based on the CB)... in PART to help me remember who is from whom without having to check lineages all the time.For the rest it is sort of a thing that it sort of all depends on what I feel like doing with that particular dragon, honestly. For a few breeds, like golds, I even have my own name-scheme and MOSTLY ignore parental or lineage names... or only apply them in a limited way.

For CBs it also depends. It may be code based it may not...

Edited by Silverswift

Yes. Another 2nd Gen RA. Can't wait u til my last RA's mate comes off cooldown.

Coming up with cool and untaken names/code inspired names one of the BEST parts of collecting all of these beautiful dragons. biggrin.gif

You can say that again. It really makes you get creative and it's always fun to see what kind of names you can come up with. Awesome codes help too and I love it when the code itself makes a perfect name.

I think my favorite code-named dragon on my scroll has to be Bibox, my bronze shimmer.

I actually find CB's harder to name than lineaged dragons and for some reason Red dragons are hard to name as well. :/

You can say that again. It really makes you get creative and it's always fun to see what kind of names you can come up with. Awesome codes help too and I love it when the code itself makes a perfect name.

I think my favorite code-named dragon on my scroll has to be Bibox, my bronze shimmer.

I actually find CB's harder to name than lineaged dragons and for some reason Red dragons are hard to name as well. :/

I actually find my CBs, many times, to be harder to name as well.

Oh, me too! I have a really hard time naming my CBs! I love naming my dragons after their parents, so it's much easier to name the lineaged ones. I have quite a few CBs that still need names.

There are SO many awesome lineage possibilities for V-day dragons... I was able to trade for most of the pairings highest on my wishlist, but I keep seeing what other people have done and loving those TOO! Everything looks so great, ahh! I would have thought pink and red would be very limiting, but it seems like there are (relatively) few combinations I really like for the Halloween and Christmas dragons compared to the V-day dragons.

I hope there is a giant holiday wall at Valentines day so I can continue looking for fun combinations smile.gif

Oh, me too! I have a really hard time naming my CBs! I love naming my dragons after their parents, so it's much easier to name the lineaged ones. I have quite a few CBs that still need names.

There are SO many awesome lineage possibilities for V-day dragons... I was able to trade for most of the pairings highest on my wishlist, but I keep seeing what other people have done and loving those TOO! Everything looks so great, ahh! I would have thought pink and red would be very limiting, but it seems like there are (relatively) few combinations I really like for the Halloween and Christmas dragons compared to the V-day dragons.

I hope there is a giant holiday wall at Valentines day so I can continue looking for fun combinations smile.gif

What's really awesome is how well some of them look so great with dark-colored dragons. There was one Rosebud that I missed that was a 3G Checker from Moonstones and my gosh it was gorgeous! There was also a Heartseeker x Royal Blue checker that was very lovely too. smile.gif

Edit: I just flipped my sort order for fun and so my V-day dragons would be on the front page and I didn't realize how many vampires I had collected. I don't remember biting that many. xd.png

Edited by Syiren

Have a look at THIS pretty i caught! biggrin.gif

Ou~ Pretty. I'm aiming to catch a 2G of one of those. My only other two are 3G's and then there's this 4G I picked up. Looking forward to continuing that one. Hopefully she gets along with at least one of my two CB boys. biggrin.gif

It's weird that there is not a wall of eggs..xd.png

Agreed, I wasn't expecting a giant wall, like the one on Halloween. But at least a lot more then there are now.

*Squee* Some of my eggs are starting to crack. They'll be hatching late tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait! wub.gif

exactly 24 hours until my eggs can start to hatch and I can hunt for more...

Just hoping I can get my hands on two more Radiant Angels (I have one that I kept from my single RA) and need two others so that I can freeze an s1, s2, and get a 2nd adult...

Edited by ShorahNagi