TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

Just bred my 09 Vals and me Sweetlings to the AP. And one Arsani. I'm planning to wait a little while to breed the others, maybe a few days.

With the messy vs. nicely lineaged debate, I like both for different reasons. My adult holidays are almost all nicely lineaged. I usually breed them to make checkers or other patterns. CBs almost always get bred to other CBs, unless someone asks me for something different. Messy lineages, on the other hand, are what I love for freezing. I might not have any frozen holiday hatchlings at all if it weren't for messy lineages, and those are some darn cute hatchlings!

Looks like Valentines has been alternating every year; female ('09), male (Sweetling), female (Rosebud), male (Heartseeker), female (Arsani), male (RA).

Sweet, so this year we should be getting a girl. great! I felt bad when I missed out on the 2013 release because I was nowhere near a computer and didn't realize it until after the event was over. Looking forward to the event we get this year....whatever it is.

Last year we were growing and gifting flowers. It'd be cool if this year were were decorating candy hearts. I love those things. biggrin.gif

I bred my one of my RA to the wrong mate sad.gif Oh well.

And I hate seeing CB Valentines bred to long, messy lineages, the frustration!

Yeah. I feel the same about holidays. Especially now that I've been able to collect a few CB's of my own and I can control what type of lineage to build with them. Graves are my favorite to experiment with and they look so awesome with Thunders, Ribbon Dancers and Blusangs. wub.gif

Back to messies though, I do have a few Messy Marrows that I adore and ...I do breed them when Halloween comes around, but it just seems like such a waste not to when you can only get those guys during a short time each year.

Ouch, yeah. That is a real head-scratcher.

I may have a solution to that. ;3

user posted image

See I like having the CBs for that reason. I have nothing against people who want to do it, but then again with the issue that so many people are usually on the hunt for pretty lineages during the Holidays and we don't know what we're grabbing until we have it it's hard. I mean don't get me wrong if I ever snag a Holly it'll be loved messy, inbred, clean or whatever just because.

So I mean even I have exceptions lol

I just see it as hard when I go for something tat should be exclusively 2G and not get that. Tis sincerely disappointing. The older Holidays, god I expect that naturally. I'm not that hard headed about their lineages and love them a lot more. (I'll feel the same about Desipisis (or Desipsi not sure what their plural is) come Halloween and Misltetoes come Christmas)

Like I said I can adore some messies, jus not ones that shouldn't be messy this year lol

And yes that is my new best friend!! I adore that kit!

-steals-

One of the things that I love about this place, is that even if a name is taken, all I have to do is do in another language. Yay for Latin, and my ability to translate romantic names into it!

Edited by shadowfighter

I'm surprised at how many alt bred valentines I'm finding in trade threads! Makes me want them all

One of the things that I love about this place, is that even if a name is taken, all I have to do is do in another language. Yay for Latin, and my ability to translate romantic names into it!

I usually either add an extra space in between the letters, spell it slightly different or add it's Gen to the end of its name and it works just fine.

Guys, do all Valentines have a Spriter ALT? It was my understanding that they did but Ive never seen one other than the Radiant Angel's.

Guys, do all Valentines have a Spriter ALT? It was my understanding that they did but Ive never seen one other than the Radiant Angel's.

I believe most of them do. Check the wiki page on Dragon Types, and scroll until you see spriter's alts.

They all do. I'm not sure if they really get bred during the season but they do.

They've very pretty.

Yes, they do. The only breeds that don't have them, AFAIK, are the Vampires, Hollies, and Marrows. They're all visible on the Wiki ^^

Do '09 Vals have a spriter's alt? Never seen one for those.

Oh yes I have. Never mind.

Edited by Dewdropmon

Do '09 Vals have a spriter's alt? Never seen one for those.

Yes, they do - it's a white Val '09, I think she lives on Marrionetta's scroll. If I remember right.

Yes, they do - it's a white Val '09, I think she lives on Marrionetta's scroll. If I remember right.

Yep. I think it was more recent than the others; Marionetta didn't always have an alt.

edit: Oh, and if anyone's worrying about finding 2nd gens... at least I know that I haven't bred my CB '09, Sweetling, Rosebud, Arsani, and RAs yet... and keep your fingers crossed that he'll have a lot of Arsani siblings in about 2-3 days...

Edited by kiyoura

Yep. I think it was more recent than the others; Marionetta didn't always have an alt.

Didn't the alt happen when the adult sprite was changed?

Didn't the alt happen when the adult sprite was changed?

I don't remember. ._.

Should I catch the new Valentine dragons on Feb 14, because it's valentine's day, or should I catch them on the 16th, so I can catch more past Valentine dragons? Decisions, decisions wink.gif

Quite full up on eggs, myself. My Sobek is taking up a slot at the moment. I didn't think he'd arrive for Valentine's breeding.

Alas I now have Sweetlings and Radiant Angels all snug on my scroll. A happy parent I am.

Congratulations to your shiny Sobek!

Should I catch the new Valentine dragons on Feb 14, because it's valentine's day, or should I catch them on the 16th, so I can catch more past Valentine dragons? Decisions, decisions wink.gif

If you catch them on the 14th you can probably still get more past ones later.

Do they drop for more than one day?

If you're referring to this year's V-day eggs then yes. They'll drop between the 14th and the 17th.