Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Hello guys. I don't know if you remember me, but a couple of years back I organized Secret Santa.

Last time it was held, stuff happened in IRL, and I went MIA - I never really returned to the dragon cave after that, and to be honest, I'd would have even forgotten about it, if it weren't for occasional email notification.

I'm really, really sorry I disappeared on you guys, and that some big plans we had never came to be. And I'm also very proud of you as a community, because despite every mod disappearing, you managed to organize yourself and still see that everyone at least got something as a gift.

Now, with that said, I'm not coming back, and the person who I trusted the most with this project is also MIA at the moment.

I've been getting notifications, from people trying to sign in to the Secret Santa email account, since the recovery address for it is my email. So, I suppose that there are people around who want to take this project on.

For those of you - email me. Emails are enabled on my profile, and are preferred since my inbox is filled, and I need to sort through those messages before I delete them.

I'm planning to give over the Secret Santa email account to someone who wishes to continue the tradition.

Again, I'm sorry, and I hope that you guys will have happy holidays.

Any updates on this? Even though I could not participate the last couple years, in the past it's the one thing I always look forward to on the forums each year. Now that I can participate I'm bummed to see it may be gone. Has anyone taken it on? Has it come back under a new name?

51 minutes ago, jocosa said:

Any updates on this? Even though I could not participate the last couple years, in the past it's the one thing I always look forward to on the forums each year. Now that I can participate I'm bummed to see it may be gone. Has anyone taken it on? Has it come back under a new name?

Me too. I was only able to participate once way back when I was a newbie and didn't have much to gift. If no one else has yet, I wouldn't mind starting a new Secret Santa thread myself, if that's okay. I have some experience from running a raffle thread.

Edited by The Dragoness

I also really enjoyed participating in the Secret Santa project. I would love to see it return!

Both my daughter (WWECornSerpent) and I have enjoyed Secret Santa and would love to see this return this year!

I asked in tiny little questions about this and received no reply. I would love to see a new thread or have the account passed on to someone new.  

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I asked in tiny little questions about this and received no reply. I would love to see a new thread or have the account passed on to someone new.  

Well, PointOfOrigin gave me permission to open a new thread and offered to pass on the group account, but I need some help. I can't handle a big project like Secret Santa by myself. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Since I'm floating around these days (shocker) - gonna pop up to confirm, that yes, as long as there is a dedicated and trusting team, I'm willing to pass on the torch, and help as much as I can. Along with Secret Santa account, there also goes a gmail account with drive that keeps records from the last organized Secret santa.