Secret Santa

Secret Santa

It's July and Secret Santa still has not been completed.

I am making an offer to anyone that did not receive a gift from Secret Santa to send me their wish list and my family and I will try to at least fulfill one item on the list.

Thank you for your kind generosity!

I am making an offer to anyone that did not receive a gift from Secret Santa to send me their wish list and my family and I will try to at least fulfill one item on the list.

i am happy to try and help you is i can biggrin.gif

I'd like to help as much as I can as well biggrin.gif

I'd love to help too! smile.gif Let me know biggrin.gif

I'd love to help too.

I hope anyone who hasn't receive their gifts could please reply in this topic so that every helpers here can gift-bomb you, and eventually complete this event, officially. wink.gif

Is this still on here?

What do I have to do ( in human language )?

Getting a gift is nice giving on is also nice

Is this still on here?

What do I have to do ( in human language )?

Getting a gift is nice giving on is also nice

We are still trying to finish Secret Santa for 2015. At this rate, there will not be one for 2016 unless we can get some new mods to run it. If you are looking for gifts, try the Happy Birthday Gifting thread. I'm heavily involved in that one, as are several other players, so you are basically guaranteed at least one gift.

And Thanks for all the offers to help! I've added a message to my signature so hopefully members will start sending PMs. I'll post wishlists here if I receive any. Hopefully, honesty will prevail and we don't get bombarded with requests from those that never signed up or already received gifts. Maybe simkim can at least post a list of members that didn't receive anything and we can message them directly. At this point, a reshuffle and assignments just isn't going to happen, but we have enough volunteer elves that a specific Santa per member isn't needed and at least one gift can be given to each forgotten soul.

Edited by WWECornSerpent

I'm also willing to help! I have friends who would help also if I'm trying to gift something I can't get myself.

I'd be more than happy to help out as much as I can smile.gif

My catching skills are average at best and I only have a few rare dragons for breeding (listed in my profile) but I'd love to help out if I can!

I could help out as well I can catch almandines and spessartines easily enough although I don't have any holiday dragons for breeding.

We are still trying to finish Secret Santa for 2015.  At this rate, there will not be one for 2016 unless we can get some new mods to run it. [snip]

And Thanks for all the offers to help!  I've added a message to my signature so hopefully members will start sending PMs.  I'll post wishlists here if I receive any.  Hopefully, honesty will prevail and we don't get bombarded with requests from those that never signed up or already received gifts.  Maybe simkim can at least post a list of members that didn't receive anything and we can message them directly.  At this point, a reshuffle and assignments just isn't going to happen, but we have enough volunteer elves that a specific Santa per member isn't needed and at least one gift can be given to each forgotten soul.

WWE is correct that we're trying to finish Secret Santa (of 2015).

Thank you for adding that in your signature, WWE.

As for me posting a list of members that didn't get gifted - that's a problematic issue because I can't tell without the official list... who actually didn't get, who gifted, etc. I don't have enough information to do that.

Same issue with setting up a reshuffle or the huge raffle - I lack the "official" list.

I've told Origin (when things weren't gone so hectic for me) that I would take responsibility for the list as I'm much more organized than she is, etc. She was good with that idea.

So Secret Santa 2016 MAY still happen, with me as the leader, whathaveyou... IF my health issues are resolved soon enough for me to be able to handle such a big thing.

At the very least, I will be aiming to at least find some willing souls to do the 2016 SS because that's something a lot of us love on this site. It's July right now (do I hear, no kidddddddddding? lol) - so setting up such a big event... I'd propose that people interested AND with experience contact me in Sept or October (by then, I hope to be back).

Unfortunately, there are some other things that I'd have to do before then to be able to use the Secret Santa account for 2016, okay?

Once again, thank you for all your generosity, and most of all, your patience with a beloved event gone bonkers.

I urge that people not take advantage of these kind souls, please. They do it because they want to, not because they have to. Don't abuse that kindness.

That being said - have fun.

I'm going to think of a suitable END DATE for the 2015 SS. We may not have had the awesome raffle or the reshuffle happen, but we all know sometimes RL happens. I need to give the kind souls here time to make their gifts.

If you need to, pm me (with an unique title, please), and query. I will check in every day until the 14th. 14th till ? is when I will be unavailable for quite a while, I do not know how long. I hope it won't be more than 2 weeks. I don't know. But I can help the people that PM me figure out if someone already got gifted or not.

Do you guys think setting the 14th as the END DATE for the 2015 SS is enough time?

We do need to set some sort of date, so since the 14th is what you can do, as an official mod, that works for me. That said, since I have yet to be contacted by anyone, I will keep my offer open until Secret Santa gets started for 2016.

Some people may not even be looking at this thread, have forgotten, have been disappointed so it hurts to look, whatever and may decide to look here again once things get going and more people are talking about Secret Santa.

I know someone that was very disappointed in Secret Santa 2014, but I talked her into it again in 2015 and she had a great time. I don't want people to think Secret Santa is just talk and only a few gifts are ever given to a select few. Is everyone going to get a Gold or a Neglected? No way! But sometimes, you want a special lineage that seems impossible to locate, and suddenly, there it is under your Christmas tree! Just that one egg can make the whole thing worth while.

simkim, I am saying a prayer that you are feeling much better very soon!

I want to sign up!

Forum name: Skyfire

Scroll name: Shirley393

Wishlist:

1. CB Gaia

2. 3G checkerTinsel (any)

3. CB Chrono

4. CB Silver

5.CB Copper

6. Clean Neglected

Breeding abilities: I'm able to breed zigzag Tinsel lineage, 2g Thalassa and Pyro, many other checkers. I also have a small variety of 3G tinselfails to breed. Alt Undines can be bred, if they don't turn out to be alt, I can trade you another until you get an alt. Most common to uncommon I can breed.

Catching abilities: I'm pretty good at catching Xenos and Dinos. I seem to be a bit slow on catching Nebulas, though.

Trading abilities: I can breed 2g GW X Undine and many 2g dragons.

The 14th June should work with this huge amount of helpers. Hopefully everything will be finished soon. First time that i participated and the only thing that is missing for me is the raffle.

Because of very time sensitive personal breeding project i cannot help to give eggs to the ones who don't receive one. If i give up that time i have to wait a whole year to continue my project.

I know there was a spreadsheet (which is locked now) where we all reported our gifts, couldn't we see from that and PMs who didn't receive any gifts and send presets their way so plans for 2016 SS can start in all ease? ☺

Heya.

Setting the 14th as the official END date for the 2015 Secret Santa.

I don't think the big raffle will happen. I really really apologize about that.

As for using the spreadsheet - it doesn't have everything that I needed. Even with trawling through the thread, I still wasn't able to complete the information that I need. I do know the majority of people did get gifted and very handsomely, myself included. As far as I can tell - maybe only 2 or 3 people did NOT get gifted. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm WHO were supposed to be THEIR gifters.

There were some giftees that did NOT pick up gifts from their gifters for some reason. Some of the gifters asked to be reshuffled as they felt hurt by that. Again, I wasn't able to confirm enough information regarding this.

So. No reshuffle. No raffle. A rather anti-climatic ending to the SS 2015.

WWE, thank you SO MUCH for keeping me in your thoughts. Any and all thoughts, prayers, whathaveyou will be so very appreciated by me as I struggle to deal with the issues hitting me right now.

With love,

Sunny

As of tomorrow afternoon, I'll be gone without internet access for a few days, possibly much longer. I don't know right now.

I've PM'd Z to lock this thread down.

When I return, I will contact those who pm me with interest in running the SS account for 2016. I DO expect to be back before end of August. HOPEFULLY.

Hello guys. I don't know if you remember me, but a couple of years back I organized Secret Santa.

Last time it was held, stuff happened in IRL, and I went MIA - I never really returned to the dragon cave after that, and to be honest, I'd would have even forgotten about it, if it weren't for occasional email notification.

I'm really, really sorry I disappeared on you guys, and that some big plans we had never came to be. And I'm also very proud of you as a community, because despite every mod disappearing, you managed to organize yourself and still see that everyone at least got something as a gift.

Now, with that said, I'm not coming back, and the person who I trusted the most with this project is also MIA at the moment.

I've been getting notifications, from people trying to sign in to the Secret Santa email account, since the recovery address for it is my email. So, I suppose that there are people around who want to take this project on.

For those of you - email me. Emails are enabled on my profile, and are preferred since my inbox is filled, and I need to sort through those messages before I delete them.

I'm planning to give over the Secret Santa email account to someone who wishes to continue the tradition.

Again, I'm sorry, and I hope that you guys will have happy holidays.

Any updates on this? Even though I could not participate the last couple years, in the past it's the one thing I always look forward to on the forums each year. Now that I can participate I'm bummed to see it may be gone. Has anyone taken it on? Has it come back under a new name?

51 minutes ago, jocosa said:

Any updates on this? Even though I could not participate the last couple years, in the past it's the one thing I always look forward to on the forums each year. Now that I can participate I'm bummed to see it may be gone. Has anyone taken it on? Has it come back under a new name?

Me too. I was only able to participate once way back when I was a newbie and didn't have much to gift. If no one else has yet, I wouldn't mind starting a new Secret Santa thread myself, if that's okay. I have some experience from running a raffle thread.

Edited by The Dragoness

I also really enjoyed participating in the Secret Santa project. I would love to see it return!

Both my daughter (WWECornSerpent) and I have enjoyed Secret Santa and would love to see this return this year!