LupusEques

Checkered Lineages

When it comes to creating checkered lineages, I always like trying to pick out new, unusual combinations of common dragons that match colorwise. I have a theory that every dragon can make a beautiful checker, you just have to find the right breed(s) to go along with it. I stick mostly to commons partly because I hope to spark some interest in other breeders in that species and checker. Also because I have horrible luck with metallic dragons.

My favorite checker that someone else made is a Hellhorse(m) x Shallow Water(f) created by natli. It's really pretty and I'm so jealous she thought of it first. wub.gif

Edited by Daydreamer09

I love Checkers. There are a couple that I am working on now.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ckkF5 - This one came about because I saw the gold and nebula checker and I don't have the patience/collateral for CB golds.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/3A6LG - What can I say stripe obsession

One I want to do, but not started is the Speckled and Olive.

I've gotten to 4EG with my M GoN x F Vine [lineage that needs a name] (any help with naming is greatly appreciated)

What other pairings look good with GoNs as part of the base? I'm thinking of M Blusang x F GoN and M Sunsong x F GoN, but I'd like more ideas....

Also what pairings would look good with Red Nebulas? (Not GoN, please. Won't have enough patience to trade for all of my 2Gs...for every EG checker....)

Edited by Firedda

Wow, that Black Tea x Brute is absolutely gorgeous. Never would have thought of that combo ohmy.gif

Also what pairings would look good with Red Nebulas? (Not GoN, please. Won't have enough patience to trade for all of my 2Gs...for every EG checker....)

I think this is very pretty. smile.gif

I'm fond of Hybrids, specially Hellhorses, but when they were released, I had only a few of their parents. There was so many 2nd gen Horses and Hellfires in the abandoned page that I started this project. smile.gif

I'm fond of Hybrids, specially Hellhorses, but when they were released, I had only a few of their parents. There was so many 2nd gen Horses and Hellfires in the abandoned page that I started this project. smile.gif

Oh my word, that's beautiful.

(Hi Yliah, by the way. Happy Holidays and long time no see. laugh.gif )

For my part, I'm just kind of obsessed with checkers. There are so many epic sprite and color combinations. Right now, my head is in Christmas dragon mode, and I'm going to be working on a Yulebuck x Stripe, a Snow Angel x Neotropical, and something with my Soltices, thought I haven't quite settled on white that will be yet. I also really want to start a Yulebuck x Blue Banded checker - the red and blue stripes have similar patterns and would play off each other nicely, I think.

I'll continue a Yule&Grey checker for which I can get to 4th gen this year smile.gif