TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

Ah, ok. It's only the stage 1 that's hard for me to distinguish red from pink, but egg, S2 and adult are awesome, so no complaints. Spriters did an awesome job. These are similar to the ridgewings in body style. I think they'd go great as pairs for future lineages.

I really like the way the adults turned out, and the three different colors, and slightly different patterns, is really fun smile.gif Thank you!

Sometimes I'm quite happy I don't get the Connection between new Dragons and TV/movie/games etcetera. So I don't have to worry about those oh so Special names already being taken... cool.gif

That makes two of us lilysally

Three. I didn't even know what LibbyLishly was on about when she mentioned Homestuck. Not only that - I don't even know what Homestuck IS xd.png

And I don't CARE !

Three. I didn't even know what LibbyLishly was on about when she mentioned Homestuck. Not only that - I don't even know what Homestuck IS xd.png

And I don't CARE !

I wasn't the first one to mention Homestuck! I was responding to everyone else! I don't even know what the reference supposedly was! This isn't my fault! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I wasn't the first one to mention Homestuck! I was responding to everyone else! I don't even know what the reference supposedly was! This isn't my fault! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

OH yes it is xd.png (because yours was the post I saw that mentioned it...)

Awww... I have no luck catching these, so i guess they are rarer than CB Trios,

You can't assume that at this point. They seem like they're rare because everyone is trying to catch them right now. I was here for the trio release and there's absolutely no comparison, although the trios were released back when we only had one cave so catching new releases was a lot harder (like that censorkip.gif pumpkin release where I sat there the entire day and couldn't catch a single one even though pumpkins were the only eggs in the cave). The coppers are the newest rare-ish dragons to be released in the biomes and apparently they were basically impossible to catch after the first day when they dropped in mass quantities. You can definitely catch these new eggs if you stay on the page and keep refreshing (don't leave between the 5 minute drops). If your computer is really slow, I would avoid the hour drops since those seem to cause slower connections to really lag. Once everyone has grabbed what they want the new release eggs will become much easier to catch. I would guess that these are going to be common or uncommon dragons eventually.

If you really just can't seem to catch any new release eggs, you can go to the New Release Gifting Force. There are separate gifting lists for each of the 3 varieties that you can sign up for. biggrin.gif

Edited by F.ury

I have to admit, these and the Undines have probably been two of my favorite releases so far. I definitely love the different colorings of the three types of dragons. biggrin.gif

My first Pyrope grew up. :3

Edit: They seem to be breeding pretty well. Got three Pyralspites and one Carmine.

Edited by Jazeki

I've started getting adults as well! But I'm kicking myself for breeding my GoNs last night... could've tested Avatars. >.<

I've started getting adults as well! But I'm kicking myself for breeding my GoNs last night... could've tested Avatars. >.<

Tried breeding with my available GON and got no interest.

I can test GoN with these in about 5 hours. My first pyralspites grow up about then. smile.gif

Does anyone know if these only breed true or if they can breed the other colors?

And I don't CARE !

Make that four. I'm really liking these dragons, but have no idea what everyone else is talking about. Never even heard of Homestruck. Oh well. Pretty dragons none the less.

The pink is a bit painful on the eyes, but in general they are all lovely autumn colors! Thanks for the release.

SO THESE ARE ALL MY BREED HEADCANONS

Pyralspite dragons are on average 4 to 7 feet tall at the shoulder- Spessartines tend to the smaller end of the range, Almandines to the larger, Pyropes tend to the middle. Females tend to be smaller in height, but are more powerful and are usually dominant- though in this species, dominance is not sex-linked, and there are both dominant females and dominant males.

These dragons tend to form close bonds with a single mate, maybe a small harem, and maybe one or two other friends, and do NOT enjoy large 'packs'- they are not good at sharing. They attract mates with their long, patterned tails and displays of fire breathing.

At hatching, they have the solid color of what will be their marking color later in life, which fades as they age. The oldest Pyralspites are purely the lighter under-color, and very sharp, clear markings are desirable, as is more contrast between marking and under-color. Because Almandines and Pyropes have similarly-colored markings, it is difficult to tell their hatchlings apart.

Pyralspites usually live high on cliffs in shallow alcoves, with just enough space to keep their gems safe in the back. They are mostly carnivorous but will opportunistically take fruit, and Almandines and Pyropes usually divebomb large prey at high speed from a high altitude. Spessartines often consume large amounts of fish, which they scoop up from the water's surface, rather than striking large prey.

Their wings are extremely powerful, both long and broad, and Pyralspites are rather agile in the air. The spines on their backs and their exceptionally hot fire breath are mostly a deterrent for any larger dragons or creatures that might try to prey on them. They also will use the spade on their tail as a stabbing weapon in a fight. They are more likely to take their gems and move than fight over territory, but if provoked enough while being chased out, will attempt to get rid of the aggressor with lethal force.

Pyralspites are somewhat neglectful parents, known to shove their own gemlike eggs into their garnet hoards and forget about them, and their eggs are very hardy and the hatchlings already fairly independent as a result. Hatchlings are allowed to share their parent's alcove until they can hunt on their own, at which point they most often leave willingly.

Closing as we are now getting adults. Quoting additional dragon info from spriter.

Other threads that might be of interest.

Breeding threads for the new release:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163803 Almandine Pyralspite

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163804 Spessartine Pyralspite

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163805 Pyrope Pyralspite

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161278 Guardian of Nature breeding i.e. which avatar will these give

Link to wiki http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...6&hl=new+sprite New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion, after the new release post is locked

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126734 General Congrats Thread

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127500 General Thank you

edited: Lovely avatars by TheCompleteAnimorph:

We can use them now that we are getting adults.

Now that TJ has adults, I have a present for everyone.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

DERGUN FACE AVATARS

Please don't actually use them as forum avatars until after we have non-TJ adults, but once the first hatchies on normal user scrolls hit adult, go wild.

(And for the love of Shinki please don't recolor them or touch my white-Pyralspite avatar.)

Edited by rubyshoes