Polar

The Haven

Shadow looked up at the young Avian who took the girl away from him. Meh, I can always go after them once I finish dealing with the mutt. Shadow was still in his shadow form and was just sitting in the shade of a tree. His clone number 1 attacked the little doggy companion that Wade had while clone number 2 started sparring with wolf-boy. Shadow knew that the battle between the clones wouldn't last long as they only had half the amount of strength and power that he had. The only reason why he made them was to just play around with Wade first and then go in for the final blow. He started tapping his fingers against the bark of the tree, still awaiting Wade's reply on the bet.

Wade tilted his head. "Deal." The first shadow double attacked him and he snapped its neck with little effort and it slumped to the ground. Ryder snapped at the other double, the silver marking on his head glowing. He started to increase in size, growing a bit bigger than a full grown wolf. Wade's jaw dropped. How long had his pup been able to do that? Ryder snarled and ripped into the double, tearing its throat out and sinking his jaws deep into its chest. He let the dummy go and it fell to the ground. Wade and Ryder's golden eyes met Shadow's, each glowing a dangerous, intelligent gold. "Let's dance, shadow boy." Wade said with a wicked grin.

((I understand and I would've just deleted my post, but since you've already remarked on it I feel the need to correct something on your behalf. Mana doesn't have arms, so she can't cradle anything in them. So, it might have been a lack of explanation on my behalf, but Mana either had her by the arms or if she was too heavy, a separate orb of air (kind of like what Aang can do in the Last Airbender) that would hold her until it was dispersed. When you image Mana, think of a harpy.

Furthermore... the height she would've fallen from wouldn't have been near as pleasant either. We're not talking tree top. No, Mana was much higher than that. Forgive me for not being in the predetermined loop you all have discussed, but little shortcuts like that to try and fix it just irks me a bit.

I'll play along, but now I'm under consideration if I really want to remain in this RP or not. It's flow is choppy, the antagonist role feels lacking, simply the whole RP feels disorganized. Maybe if I had been in it at the beginning, I wouldn't feel so lost, but usually I catch onto things. This... I'm having a hard time with.))

Mana sensed the girl struggling beneath her and for a moment, she lost concentration and the girl slipped from her grasp. Rather than letting her go splat on the ground or a branch piercing through her small body, Mana used the air to slow her decent and cushion her landing. Not to say it would be so pleasant for someone who was freaking out. Even air could feel like a slab of ice if you didn't know what was going on. Still, Mana watched as the girl laid on the ground for a moment before hobbling up to her feet again and taking off into the woods. Shrugging, maybe Mana was in the wrong, the wolf person being the bad guy and not the fallen angel.

((Yeah... I think I might just be on standby... Shouldn't such plot points be openly discussed? That'd drastically aid in preventing events, such as my case, in the future. Anyway, unless someone directly interacts with Mana, I don't think I'll make any effort to try and insert myself into the story again.))

((My apologies, zakku. This is the first time I've ever made an RP and things have been pretty crazy for me. I'm learning as I go along, and what you said is another tidbit for me to remember smile.gif I can have any of my characters, excluding Wade as he's kinda busy, interact with Mana. Lance maybe? Poor guy hasn't really talked to anyone other than Mist. Once again, I apologize.))

Shadow got up from where he sat. The decoys of himself were useless, maybe when he got back to the Reality he could perfect them until they had the same amount of power as he had. "Deal." replied Wade. Shadow smirked, his was going to be fun. Wade looked at Shadow with a wicked grin on his face,"Let's dance, shadow boy.". Shadow transformed back into his human self and stood in a fighting stance, "You're on, mongrel."

Shadow leap towards his opponent while drawing his sword from its scabbard. He delivered a swing to Wade's head while also doing an uppercut fist to his face.

((Speaking of open characters, does anyone want to interact with Vitya? Polar accepted him and I don't actually know where to put him at first.))

((Well Ariel or Kaito could go and talk to him since Shadow is kind of occupied at the moment))

Edited by 0023567467

((That would be great! Is one of them already somewhere else or should I put Vitya down in a specific place?))

((Doesn't really matter, Kaito is just flying above the trees with Sayla and Ariel is sleeping))

((I'm creating a water Naiad, so they could start interactions smile.gif I'll post the character sheet in about 20 mins in the OOC.))

EDIT: ((My boyfriend just brought home 5 kittens and I get to name them...so I'm in an excellent mood.))

Edited by skiddajane

The forest outside of Haven was very interesting. Long, delicate fingers reached out and gently touched the leaf of a small bush, feeling the green leaf very carefully. His head tilted slightly to the side as the plant trembled under his touch before twisting about wildly, it's body changing from green to purple. Large thorns twisted out from all over it's body. As if conducting an orchestra, Vitya moved his hands in large sweeping motions, spurring the plant to grow larger. It now greatly contrasted the rest of the plants in the area, looking like some kind of alien species compared to the green foliage. Most of the plants that Vitya produced ended up appearing like that as they either contained poison or grew so that they were deadly sharp or were carnivorous and actively sought prey. Years of trying to defend his own tree brought him the realization that manipulating plants to make them stronger and deadlier was the only way for him to attack. He was physically weak so he had to rely on other means to fight.

Deciding the plant was complete, he reached out and plucked off a small leaf, storing it in his pocket before slowly climbing to his feet. "Now where has Ren wandered off to?" he mused to himself, looking about. The two often worked together but this time, he had to deal with his own mission. His face was not very well known by the Haven so the Reality had decided to send him in to infiltrate Haven in another way. He had to earn his way into their ranks and earn the trust of those there so he could launch an attack from the inside after earning their trust. It would take some time, of course, but he was patient and prepared for that. That was why they sent someone like him instead of someone like Ren. Now all he had to do was wait for someone from Haven to find him.

Kaito asked Sayla to drop him down onto the forest floor. He landed with a soft thump and immediately got up with a happy smile on his face. "You know what Sayla?" he asked the phoenix, "What? replied Sayla in a monotone voice. "I think we should have a wander around these woods before we go home. I haven't had a good walk in a long time and I have this weird feeling that if we go for a nice walk then something good will happen to us." Sayla agreed with the elf, not really interested but they were best friends and best friends always stick together.

As they kept on strolling through the bushes and ferns Kaito saw something amazing. "OMG SAYLA!" he said quite loudly. "Child, you should really keep your voice down, we don't want to disturb any creatures." Kaito looked down at his feet ashamed but quickly returned to his usual bright and happy self. "Look over there Sayla! There's a man making a tree grow! How cool is that?" he said enthusiastically. "Can we go over there and talk to him, please?" Sayla looked at the man warily, "Ok, just don't do anything foolish and be on guard at all times." They both walked towards the man. Kaito was jumping up and down in excitement, wondering how the strange person made the plant grow bigger.

((Writing this makes me sometimes think that Kaito is a little child and Sayla is his mother))

Edited by 0023567467

Rosie blinked at the blindfold, tilting her head to one side cutely. What was this for? She blinked. Maybe... They were going to play a game? Like, hide and seek or pin the tail on the dog or maybe one of those trust games! She beamed. "Are we going to play a game?" She asked excitedly, "what are we going to play?" She put the blindfold on as she spoke.

-

Tsukiko smirked as the other came forwards. "Why wouldn't I go for a fellow demon?" She returned as he fought her Allure. "After all... All that energy... Could become a snack for me..." She licked her lips. Tensing when he brought out a knife, only to watch as the other stabbed himself. Her grin widened slightly. This demon was better than she thought. Tsukiko startled as he suddenly disappeared though and, sensing movement behind her she let out her wings and, just in time, took off, narrowly avoiding the attack. She turned in midair and smirked, flicking her tail. "How mean... And I was just looking to do something of mutual benefit..." Tsukiko really hated the fact that she didn't have any long-ranged attacks, even though she was a powerful Succubus. Usually, her Allure was enough to have her enemies bowing down to her.

((Ah, I think I've already said this once, but Tsukiko does have wings and a tail as well as horns, I just forgot to write it down on her form))

Well, it was awfully hard to ignore a sound like that. Vitya turned his head towards the two, rather glad that someone came quickly. It meant he would have a faster route into Haven if someone was already stumbling across him. Not that deliberately placing himself near the border did help some. "Oh, you'll have to excuse me," He replied lightly, a small but warm smile forming on his face as he straightened upright, looking at the two briefly before turning his gaze back to the purple plant he had sculpted. "I did not know there were people around here. I would have said hello earlier had I realized."

Ren nodded, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder as she placed the blindfold on. "Something like that," He replied, starting to lead her forward. If she took the blindfold off, he would have to actually blind her. Hopefully she wasn't stupid and they could avoid that. But he couldn't have people knowing how to get into the Reality's base, even if it was just a little girl. "No peaking, understand?" He added.

Rosie nodded enthusiastically. "Okay!" She agreed. Although her curiosity was great, she wasn't a cheater. She'd abide to the rules of the game, definitely! By this time, Rosie had already forgotten the original purpose of following the other. "Hey, Rosie suddenly remembered! Rosie doesn't know your name yet! Rosie's full name is Rosalie Winterbell! Yours?"

Kaito nodded in understanding. "That's alright tree guy. You can't know everything that the world has to offer." The elf then walked up to the purple plant. Elves loved nature and animals so he was naturally interested in the plant. "Hey can I ask you a question?" and without waiting for a reply Kaito started talking again, "How did you get the plant to grow so fast? Is it a special magic ability that you have? Can other people learn this talent as well because I think it'd be a really cool trick to have."

(( Enemies with flight are gonna be such a bother for Kerberos... oh, wait, he has that other power about gauntlets and stuff. Not too much of a bother, then. ))

Kerberos watched as the succubus flew off, managing to dodge his attack, even if barely. He held his head down as he stood across the fellow demon, still having trouble balancing the effects of the spell and his own will. However, he was still hanging on, as he felt the stinging pain from his left hand's injury.

"So, I'm simply regarded as a snack, eh?" He suddenly asked, seeming to get slightly irritated. Of course, he wasn't the strongest demon back in his realm, but in this one, he was one of the most powerful among his race. Then, a single succubus came along and almost robbed him of his freedom with a single spell. Was he really that weak?

"Now, I don't know you well, but if you can't treat your clients properly, then you don't exactly deserve them, let along a snack like me. I often kill, but I apologize when doing so, and I show respect for the ones I've murdered - well, except that guy I met in an alley once, he was just asking for it." The demon spoke, reminding himself of when he still killed rather freely. After he joined Haven as an Infiltrator, he hadn't killed anyone who wasn't his target except one man. He... he knew too much about him from before, and had to be put down.

"Now, why don't we heat things up around here?" Kerberos suddenly asked, a small grin appearing on his face as his head turned up to face her. He was thankful that the succubus had allowed him to take his time with preparations, since now he was able to fight in a semi-prepared condition, which was better than standing and only fighting the spell. He suddenly turned around, then looked upward, before disappearing. He reappeared moments later from a burst of red on a branch over the path, facing the demoness and smirking slightly.

Her flight shouldn't be too sustained, since the succubus are mostly centered around their magic. In the physical category, I should have the lead. However, with this damn magic, I cannot focus... so I'll stick to ranged attacks for now. The demon thought, leaning on the tree's trunk before creating a small chain of gestures. Moments later, two holes seemingly opened mid-air, their edges burning with a white flame, before a pair of red, flaming gauntlets came out of them. They were almost as big as the demon himself, which was useful, since they could work both offensively and defensively.

"Have a bit of this!" Kerberos said, moving his hands slightly, and the gauntlets followed, flying toward the succubus as a pair of fists.

Tsukiko's eyes widened as she saw the gauntlets. Her grin wavered before coming back full force. Contrary to popular belief, succubi did not only rely on their Allure. While most succubi could use other forms of magic, such as fire manipulation or, more commonly, simple blasts of magic and curses, Tsukiko couldn't. Yet, she was still regarded as one of the most powerful. Her Allure was exceptional and it was empowered by desire. It could grow indefinitely... Not only that, but Tsukiko herself fed on desire and not just life-force. It didn't matter if it was her own or someone else's. The stronger the desire, the more powerful she'd become and she was wanting this demon more and more. He was able to defy her Allure, even though it would carry on growing in power. Another reason why Tsukiko was regarded as powerful was because of her finesse in the air. Her wings snapped close and she went into a dive, dodging once more, before they snapped open again, using the speed from her dive to rush directly towards Kerberos. She might not be very good at fighting, but she wasn't helpless.

Edited by SoiledLove

Hazel frowned at Callidus's words. "Not off to a good start are you ?" She remarked sarcastically. "That guy doesn't look so friendly, but it's Abraham's call." She thought.

She moved next to Callidus and whispered in his ear. "One wrong move, and Ill rip you're heart out of you're chest. Oh and I'm Hazel." She smirked.

"Now you're coming with me, Callidus." She said.

Callidus laughed off Hazel's threat, not at all bothered. "You sure you can do that, Hazel? After all, with kitsune, you never know what's real and what isn't..." He sing-songed. "By the way, do you realize that there's been a fox sitting on your head ever since we started our conversation? You probably don't, since you can't feel her weight, nor can you see, smell, feel or hear her. But she's still there. That's the power of my illusions." He snapped his fingers. "Come here, Metsuna." There was a poof of smoke and a small, crystal fox appeared on Hazel's head.

Hai, Natsume-Heika, The fox said, jumping from her perch and landing on Natsume's shoulder.

"Lead the way, violent woman," Callidus gestured with his hand. Libeatque glared, but joined them, standing right behind Callidus.

((Don't worry, Callidus' illusions can be seen through, by some people. It's just nigh impossible to sense Metsuna since she displays no intent or emotion whatsoever

Natsume-Heika - Your Majesty, more or less))

Edited by SoiledLove

Kerberos had managed to launch his attack successfully, though it was getting annoying, having to concentrate on both the magical attack and resisting the passive attraction. It was of magical nature, and he was glad it was a weaker version. He was already aware of what a powerful spell from a succubus could do, having seen a demon slightly stronger than him being turned into an obedient puppy and listening to the commands. Thankfully, this only served to ruin his focus, which allowed him to work, though less efficently.

His gaze suddenly shifted as she seemed to react to his attack, falling under the twin gauntlets before rising up and going toward him.

A bold move from a succubus, if I've seen any. Then, how about this? Kerberos thought, crouching down and watching as she approached. His hand seemed to go down toward his knife's handle, attempting to draw it, whilst the other was placed between his legs. As soon as she was near him, the demon leaped off of the branch and toward her. A grunt escaped his lips as her extended hands hit his knees, causing a bit of pain to him. He never drew his knife, however, instead preferring to extend his hand and gently push himself out of her way by applying force to her back. Though his legs had been caught and he felt them ache, he had mostly avoided the attack and given himself space, landing where she had been standing moments ago.

"Quite a strange attack, coming from a magic-prefering demon," he spoke as he turned toward her, the gauntlets circling around from their charge and stopping at his sides. He wasn't going to allow her to jump on him so easily, but he could try and make use of his physical power - at least, as long as the allure was in effect. First, he dispelled the two mystical flaming items, then turned to look toward where she was. He knew he could reach her with two jumps - one to close the distance and one to place him in a better position around her - but he was trying not to go too offensive and focus on blocking the spell instead.

This won't work... sitting here and doing simple ranged attacks simply won't do. I have to somehow break her focused state, in order to weaken the spell even slightly, and a ranged attack will always be calculated enough for her to keep calm. No, I need to risk it.

Deciding he had to act, Kerberos drew a pair of knives and threw them quickly toward his opponent. He hoped this trick would work... as the two knives flew at the succubus, he suddenly disappearead, reappearing from a red blast in front of her after a successful jump. As time seemed to slow down for him, his hands extended toward the back and waited. Though a small gash was left along his left hand's fingers, he managed to catch both blades, then quickly slashed at her with an X-shaped hit before blinking out. He reappeared on a branch behind her, attempting to catch his breath and quickly turning around.

Edited by KuroKishi

Oh, he was interested in his skills, was he? Vitya did not usually find that in people. More often, they went to Ren requesting how to summon fire. Plants just didn't seem useful to them but they only lacked the ability to see the potential. "Well, I am a tree spirit," Vitya explained calmly as he reached into his arm and produced a small seed. "I am not certain if other species can do this but plants simply require nutrients. By channeling some of my life force to them, I can make them grow at an accelerated pace." He closed his hand around the seed and when he opened it a few seconds later, the seed had started to grow. "In theory, energy could come from any source but my comparability with plants stems from the fact I am one of them. But I can attempt to teach you, if you like. There would be no harm in trying."

"I am Ren," the boy replied as he guided her forward. It was bothersome introducing himself but at the same time, it wasn't like she'd be leaving the Reality's base. Who would she report his name to? Nobody. "I don't have a last name. It's always just been Ren." The grass under their feet suddenly changed to cold stone as they appeared within the stone halls of the Reality. Not stopping, however, Ren continued to guide her forward.

((What the... I'm pretty sure I posted ages ago, but I was, apparently, mistake. Stupid iPad...))

Tsukiko really wasn't too surprised that the other could dodge the full force her attack. She turned in midair to face Kerberos and licked her fingers. The energy from that demon really was quite dellicious. "Hm... Is that so?" Tsukiko replied to his statement, "that's probably because I'm not your usual Succubus." She dodged the thrown knives easily, but wasn't really expecting the demon's next course of action, by the time she twisted to intercept the attack, the other was already slashing down. Her hand caught one blade in a slapping motion, turning it from its target, but the other cut into her arm and left a gash. She hissed at that, feeling her control on her Allure waver. It swelled before her iron grip pinned her Allure back into place. An out-of-control Allure was a bad thing for a Succubus or Incubus, especially in battle. She could shut it off to avoid it wrecking havoc, but she couldn't afford to with such a dangerous opponent. She turned to face him, landing for moment and narrowed her eyes. Maybe Charmspeak would work better, but then she'd have to divert her attention. It was worth a try... "Come now, I really don't think we should fight. Why don't we just... Settle this in a different matter?" She asked, her tone like honey and her words laced with magic.

-

"Oh? Well then, Ren, nice to meet you!" Rosie chirped happily, having not noticed the change in the texture of the ground. "Rosie likes your name, it's pretty!" Rosie hummed slightly. "Neh, Ren, have you ever been to the city? Rosie has! It's really pretty there. But Rosie doesn't like the city because Rosie got lost there. Rosie couldn't find Rosie's parents. They told Rosie to stay and Rosie stayed, but then Rosie couldn't find them anymore..." Rosie trailed off sadly. "Rosie's parents weren't like Libi or Hazel or Lance! Rosie's parents couldn't grow wings or turn into giant animals. Rosie can't either." She pouted a little. "What about Ren? What are your mommy and daddy like? Did you lose them like Rosie did?" Rosie frowned, "Is that why you were alone?"

Mana sat idly atop Abraham's tower, her feet dangling off the side and swinging back and forth. Emerald eyes looked out at the forests below as she looked out for her companion, who had flown off in search of another snack. Maybe Mana would have to scold him for eating so much, he'd get fat if he wasn't careful. Sighing, Mana leaned back against the roof and decided to do some cloud gazing. Aside from that little fight, which occurs every so often in Haven, it was quite boring and there was little to do. Why did they have to scout the area? If there were an enemy, wouldn't they come in greater force? Sure, stragglers stumbled in every so often and some residents left to try and live life as a human, but there had been no clear threats for centuries. Just, border patrols and the occasional memory wipe. Of course, Mana had reluctantly reminded herself that her patrol shift was coming up. Now, finding her companion was increasing in priority. Patrolling alone was worse than sitting idly.