Polar

The Haven

((Hehe. That totally sounds like something Wade would do...))

Wade raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "Err... the woods, I smelled blood, and because digging's not a female's job?" He answered, sounding uncertain. Ryder was standing at the girl's feet, staring up at her and begging her to pet him silently. Wade chuckled, a sound that reverberated deep in his chest, and gave a small smile, showing off his wolf like canine teeth ((xd.png)). "C'mere, pup, and stop botherin' the girl." He said. Ryder complied and sat at Wade's feet. "What happened?" He grunted curiously.

---------

Falcon hissed and shielded her eyes from the blinding flash of light. That was enough to reveal her to the three, unfortunately. She sighed inwardly. This really wasn't how she had planned to spend her day.

Libeatque shrugged. "Kill him, send him away, it doesn't matter to me," he said.

"Oya! Mean! Libeatque you're so mean!" Callidus whined, "and you, angel lady, you haven't even told me your name yet! It's not like I can enslave you just with a name. Only those annoying human exorcists do that. And anyways, only the weak minded can be fully enslaved. Those rituals are the least powerful binding rituals, unless the name was given willingly. I came here to join the Haven!"

Libeatque sneered at him. "Whatever, fox..."

Willow shuffled her feet and looked down at the ground.

"A demon carried her to my doorstep. I'm a healer. She looked like she was attacked. I think it was the demon who did it, although I'm not sure why he would make an attempt to save her. She was bleeding profusely, and I tried my best to stop it, but she died before I could do much of anything. I thought my best option was to say my graces and bury her." Willow glanced over at the grave, then back to the wolf-man. "Uh, my name is Willow Woods. The name is self explanatory. I'd prefer to know your name so I may thank you properly."

Surprisingly, he didn't get chased or caught at all. Even better was the fact his body was still on a high after the explosive rebirth. While that would quickly wear off later, it was enough for him to make his way out of Haven's territory and back towards the Reality. He wasn't sure what the point of his mission was but it was accomplished and he even had a bonus of bringing back the mysterious girl. If anything, she'd make a decent pawn for the Reality if she happened to be lying. "We're here," He declared, stopping and looking back at her. There was nothing in sight but he clearly was not going any further. Nobody was following them, correct?

Wade hesitated a moment before answering. He didn't really know how to carry on conversation, and really didn't want to, but he did anyways. He wasn't really sure why. "Wade." He grunted. "Don't come looking for me. If there's any trouble, I'll be around." Wade said before disappearing into the woods with Ryder at his heels. He slashed a tree with his claws, marking his territory. He preferred that method versus the one normal wolves used. He prowled the woods, a silent shadow as Ryder, being the pup that he is, chased butterflies.

--------

Lance left the gym after a while, worn out but content. He went directly home with Mist and stepped into the shower, letting the cool water relax his muscles. He got out a short while later and dried off before putting on fresh clothes. "There's nothing like a good workout, eh Mist?" He asked, grabbing something to eat. Nothin' like it. Mist answered from where he laid on the bed.

((Does anyone want to interact with Lance?))

Wade..

Willow tossed the name around in her head. Just as soon as she could process his next words, he was gone. Just like that. The little wolf pup that was with him was gone as well. The last few minutes were strange. I fail a patient for the first time, then a strange forest-dwelling wolf man comes and helps me dig her grave.. What terrible circumstances under which to meet someone.. She thought.

Willow sighed, before turning back to her home tree. She hesitated at the door. "S##t." She mumbled. Her bloody dining room. Willow let out a groan and leaned her forehead against the strong bark of her tree. She crossed her arms, thoroughly annoyed with the happenings of the day.

((Is the swear okay? I put hashtags...))

Edited by skiddajane

((Not sure if the skip has been implemented or not, but I'm gonna try and get Mana into whatever action is occurring. Maybe Abraham could call a gathering or something? *shrugs* ))

A taloned leg twitched as it hung in its dangling position, while it's twin loosely gripped into the bark of the branch Mana had perched in for the night. With her head resting against the trunk and her wings draped across her body like a blanket, Mana was still in a deep sleep from her night's rest. Almost cartoonish, drool was seeping from her gaping mouth that had formed into an uncanny perverse grin. As if to encourage such a grin, Mana's dream was bringing odd words from her tongue that Zyto had reluctantly woken from.

"No, no, silly. That's not where the egg goes. You should... put it here..."

Pulling himself out from under wings, Zyto strode along the branch and shook his feathers, temporarily turning into a large, black puff ball until the feathers settled. Next, he spread his wings out, stretching the stiff muscles in his chest before diving off the branch and taking flight.

Weaving through the woods, the black eagle spotted a morning snack and snatched it from the ground with ease, the years of being a hunter making such a flight seem simple compared to his hatchling ages. When he had returned, his master had yet to stir from her slumber, so he figured he would give her a nudge. Literally.

Sure enough, that was exactly what the young avian needed, for moments before she smacked into the ground she managed to twist around and land softly on her feet. Of course, the look in her eye when she caught sight of him was less than pleasant. Swooping down and perching on her shoulder, Zyto tossed his morning catch in front of her feet as a sign of apology and rubbed his body against her head. Sighing, Mana rubbed her head in response and smiled before a large yawn took a brief moment to escape into the air.

"You spoke of an egg in your sleep, need I ask what that was even about?"

"Oh? I was dreaming of a young elf who was trying to put an egg into a hole in the ground where it didn't belong. So, I told him to put it in the nest where it had fallen from and wish it a strong and healthy hatching. Why, did I say something strange?"

"I just don't know if you're ever coming of age or if you're just incompetent."

"That's rude! How am I incompetent?"

"If you need ask, then it's not worth the explanation. When you're older, maybe then you'll understand what it is I'm trying to say."

"Hmph! I'm an adult! Have been since I was twelve."

"Could've fooled me. Anyway, I'm gonna go hunt and try to find something a little bigger. You... try not to get into any trouble."

Mana stuck her tongue out as Zyto took flight once again, leaving her with the small prey he had offered her. Grabbing it by the tail, Mana held it above her and gulped it down with little effort. It'd have to do until something a bit larger woke up and began its day.

Sayla was currently flying through the air with Kaito held firmly in her claws as she flew high above the vast forest. The phoenix suddenly adjusted the elf hanging from her claws but instead she accidently scratched her long sharp claws across Kaito's back. "Ow! That hurt Sayla, next time couldn't you be a bit gentler?" asked the elf. "Sorry, it was an accident, I swear!" replied the bird in a defending tone. "Don't worry Sayla, I know you wouldn't mean to do anything like that because you're my best friend!" said Kaito in a cheerful voice. Sayla smiled back at Kaito and swooped down to land on the tops of a tree. Kaito began to climb down the large pine tree but something moving caught his attention. "Hey Sayla, do you see that eagle heading towards us?" he asked as the bird looked like it was hunting for food. "It looks like a companion of another Haven creature." replied Sayla. "Really? I wonder who its partner is." wondered Kaito as the eagle was still flying through the air.

~~~

The twigs and sticks crackled and snapped as Shadow walked over them, not bothering if anyone from Haven could hear or see him. He had departed ways from Samuel a while back as he saw that the man clearly wanted to be left alone. Shadow understood what Samuel was feeling like as he didn't like large crowds or large groups of people as they were far too noisy in his opinion. As he stopped to sniff the air to see if there was any danger coming the foul stench of blood hit his nose. Shadow felt like vomiting as the disgusting odour was to much for his enhanced senses too handle.

The intriguing smell of blood made Kaito wonder if there had been a recent fight that broke out. He smirked, if there was a fight going on then there'd be people to kill and if there's people to kill then why not torture them slowly while you're at it? He morphed into a shadow and quickly zipped through the forest. When he arrived at the place where all the blood was coming from he looked surprised as he saw a girl around his age looking a tad annoyed like she was having a bad day. He turned back into the shape of a human and began to walk towards the 'house'.

((I'll leave it at that and wait until skiddajane replies))

Edited by 0023567467

Kerberos had been quietly surveying the forest, having followed a makeshift trail which lead out of the forest for an unknown amount of time. As he neared the end of the forest, he decided not to go onward, as he wasn't willing to meet a large Reality force right now. The phoenix seemed to have turned quite a bit younger - even though that was not logical for the demon - as the footprints, which the demon followed, were far smaller for what a person around his age would leave. He could also notice another set of prints, which seemed rather large, but the type of shoe print left, the clumsy walk and the way it followed the smaller prints told him it was a female and not him. Plus, what benefit would he get by taking away a child?

Sighing softly as he dropped a couple of pieces from the coat he'd found, as well as a few small feathers left along the way, the demon turned around, starting to slowly walk toward the settlement. He'd have to go home and get his sleep without having had at least ten glasses of liquor, but it had been slightly tiring and he wasn't willing to risk sitting around here.

Kerberos' gaze shifted forward as he overheard rambling, spotting the young avian from earlier, as well as a predator bird dozing off on a tree branch.

It's kind of rude to eavesdrop or watch others without their knowledge, as it's considered stalking. Then again, I don't exactly care, so I guess I'll observe quietly. He spoke, turning his head toward the side before shifting on a nearby tree, using a branch higher than them to avoid their attention - at least, if they hadn't already seen him earlier. The older demon smirked softly as he listened to the girl's ramblings, then watched as she shared a conversation with her companion about her maturity. As soon as she had finished her meal, the demon shifted to a lower branch, which was in view of the young avian, appearing in a red cloud of dust. He slowly leaned on the trunk, then crossed his arms and turned his gaze toward the girl.

"Hello, young avian. Had a nice snack after your dream, I assume?" He asked, smirking softly and looking at the young girl. If he was good at guessing, her age would be just a bit over 16, as he looked at how developed her wings were, as well as her height. She seemed quite wilder - not in the literal sense of the world - than other avians, as they would usually nest together and live in small colonies, whilst she was out here, with some experience from her life, with only the eagle by her side. That gave him a bit of respect for the girl. However, he had no time to chat pleasantly - his trained ears had picked up the sound of someone moving far behind him.

"Oh! It seems I have a visitor. Sorry for leaving you so early, darling," Kerberos finished, bowing down low before turning around. Spotting his target, he disappeared, reappearing on another branch in a red burst of smoke before once again vanishing.

Rosie beamed at that. She could finally do her ranking. Then she looked around and frowned a little. "Where is here? Where were we heading to anyways?" She asked, tilting her head curiously.

-

Tsukiko was bored. She didn't have anything to do, really, other than wander near Haven's borders. She yawned a little. Maybe she could find a snack? A kiss would do, really, she was just a bit hungry. Maybe she could seduce another Haven resident...

Edited by SoiledLove

The forest seemed quite longer than it was for Kerberos, who was warping from branch to branch, sometimes starting a fall and blinking through before swinging off a branch, just to blink once again. He moved quickly, making sure each of his moves was quiet yet quick.

This walk... that smell... a demon, I'm sure, but what exactly is it? It doesn't seem like a lesser demon, that's for sure - it'd already be attacking a settlement or trying to destroy its surroundings... No, no, this thing is intelligent. Surely a higher demon, like me. The demon thought as he grasped a branch with his right hand, then swung forward and let go. Using the momentum, he slightly turned toward the left and pulled out his shiv, then dug it into the hard bark of the tree which he was closest to. Then, shifting his weight and placing his legs on the trunk, he started twisting the knife downward, his speed sending him in a fast, downward spiral along the tree's surface. Moments later, he leaped off, landing on yet another branch in a crouched stance and sheathing his knife.

Kerberos' trained eyes focused on the figure as it walked along the tree, making sure not to make noise as he quietly observed. It was a female, which struck him as odd, since female demons were rarely found roaming this realm. He slowly observed her, noting her long and wavy blond hair, as well as her strikingly alluring blue eyes. For any normal person, she'd seem like a goddess. The demon smirked softly, having figured out her secret.

A succubus, as expected. Not many female demons rise out of our realm since they cannot find potent sources of energy here, but succubi... well, they have their 'methods' of getting energy. However... she's not familiar to me. Must be a Reality spy or member. Kerberos thought, shutting his eyes for a moment to think what he would do right now. Though he was slightly dazed from the teleporting and flying through the forest, he was in a good enough condition for a fight now, as he had only been walking beforehand. His senses were as sharp as ever, not having been influenced by liquor both earlier and now, and his stamina was only lightly drained by the grappling and jumping he had done. His smirk widened into a grin as he rose from his crouched position, and he disappeared, only to reappear on the road, accompanied by red dust.

"Hello there, fellow traveler. What are you doing on these very dangerous boundaries?" Kerberos asked as he smiled, hands going to his sides as if he were to attack only to draw a piece of stone to sharpen his knife with. Grinding away, he turned toward the figure, waiting for her answer.

Edited by KuroKishi

Tsukiko paused in her walk as she sensed something. There was something or one, fast approaching her position. She hummed slightly before resuming her walk. A small smirk graced her lips. Perhaps she could have whatever that was for dinner. If it was up to her standards, that is. She could make out the scent clearer by now. It was another demon, and she wasn't surprised when he appeared in front of her. Her pupils dilated slightly at the energy coming off from this demon and his handsome features. If she played her cards right, she'd have a real feast tonight... Her eyes focused on his hand as it moved, but when the other made no move to attack, her eyes flickered back to the other demon's eyes. She licked her lips slightly and released the full extent of allure, crossing her arms and smiling coyly. She couldn't really care less about whether or not the other was from the Haven anymore... When she heard the other's question though, she internally frowned before deciding to play dumb. If he had any capabilities of sensing lies, hopefully he'd be too distracted fighting her Allure. "Dangerous boundaries? You mean... Those powerful wards?" She said with a slight frown.

((Kerberos should be stronger than Tsukiko in battle, but he'd lose concentration trying to fight Tsukiko's Allure, thus allowing Tsukiko to match him in battle))

Willow groaned, and was about to head back inside, when she noticed yet another figure walking towards her. Willow sighed, and turned to face him. He looked like a human. Almost like her. Willows first instinct was to ask him what he was.

"What are you? You look human. She asked him. She really didn't plan on talking to him, it just blurted out. Any little thing could help her figure out exactly what she was.

"What are you? You look human." Shadow mentally laughed at the girl's foolishness. "You don't have the right to know that piece of information yet." He replied cooly, "But I'll tell you this, when you wake up be prepared to face excruciating pain by the hands of a Fallen Angel." and with that Shadow attacked the woman with wolf-like creatures made of shadows. He planned to knock her out first and then bring her back to the Reality where he could hopefully hear the agonizing screams of his prey and maybe gain some more insights on what the Haven is planning or up to.

Wade, having heard the racket Shadow had made, decided to go investigate. And was very glad he did when the fallen angel had shadows attack Willow. He snarled and shot out from his hiding place, tackling her attacker. His eyes had a dangerous, animalistic fury to them, and combined with his Warrior training made for a dangerous combination. Claws extended, he growled and slashed at her attacker, hoping to break his concentration so that the shadows would become shadows again.

((Important rule change on character abilities! Look at the OoC thread! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.))

Edited by polaristar

Ren did not answer right away, instead taking a few steps forward. Haven had an extreme disadvantage over the Reality in that it was so obvious. It tried to remain hidden but there was nothing it could do to hide itself without cutting itself off from the people it was trying to protect. The Reality was different. It was able to be hidden from everyone without consequence. Reaching into the pocket of his coat, he produced a blindfold and held it out to the girl. It was made of the same dark material as his coat and was designed to cover the eyes, ears and nose. Mask the senses to mask the base. "Put this on," He ordered, holding the black cloth out to her.

The appearance of a wolf made Shadow roll his eyes in annoyance. Can't anyone attack people in peace anymore these days? thought Shadow. He quickly morphed into a Shadow as the mongrel extended his claws to slash at him. The wolf's movements are too direct, this battle will end quickly. The shadow wolves still attacked the girl but not seriously harming her as Shadow only wanted to kidnap her, not kill but maybe later she may end up dead. "You cannot catch a shadow." whispered the angel into the wolf's ear before quickly turning back into a human and leaping behind the girl, pressing his sword against her throat. "If you value your friend's life then I suggest you stop attacking that is, unless you want her to die?" Edited by 0023567467

Wade snarled in annoyance. "She ain't my friend. I just believe in saving the weak from cowards like you." That was probably the longest speech he had ever made. Telepathically, he told Ryder: Attack him. He wouldn't suspect a pup. Ryder crept in a large circle, coming behind the fallen angel. He darted forward, hesitating a moment. What if my bite causes him to slip and kill her? Wade frowned. Good point. Just distract him instead. Ryder nodded and proceeded to dance around Shadow and Willow, barking his head off. Wade suppressed a laugh. This was serious! He wasn't supposed to be laughing. He let his claws go in, taking what he thought was a non-threatening stance. "Let her go. You have no quarrel with her." He said, his ears flat. Only cowards threatened to kill the defenseless. And Wade hated cowards.

Willow raised her eyebrows at what the man had said. But as soon as she heard his next words, she knew what was coming. "DOG!!" She shouted. She tried to run into her tree, but a sharp pain raced down her back. She spun around to face multiple shadow-wolves. One leaped up and clawed her face. The sheer force of the impact made Willow see stars. She was down on the ground before she knew it. Willow started screaming for help, but the fallen angel paid her no mind. The shadow dogs were ripping at her clothes, hair, and skin. The blood of the Nymph girl on her could no longer be distinguished from her own blood. She looked up, to see two figures standing nearby. She was about to say something, but another impact of a shadow-wolf caused everything to go black.

(( Sorry for answering this late - I was rather busy today. ))

Kerberos had been standing silently across the woman for a few moments after her answer, rapidly sharpening the edge of his knife without a word. His gaze followed how her endowed chest slowly rose and fell, supported by her crossed hands, as well as how she stood directly across him in an alluring manner, smiling ever so slightly. On the outside, he seemed like the usual man, stunned by the appearance of such a beauty in front of him and attempting to hold himself back. However, on the inside, he was softly smirking, having already sensed her magic.

It's not easy to hold back, I'll give her that... hell, if I don't act soon, even I may be overcome by my instincts... better act when I still have the time, then. The demon thought to himself, as his figure suddenly put the stone away. He slowly walked toward the woman, his gaze seeming foreign and glazed over. It looked like the allure had taken effect and was now forcing him into the beastial side he hadn't seen since his mortal life. However, as his free hand rose up, trying to grasp a part of her body, he suddenly froze in one place.

"Nice... tricks... there... succubus... didn't think... you'd go for... a fellow demon... so you're probably from Reality..." The demon spoke, his muscles suddenly tensing and stopping him from acting onward. He was having a large-scale battle in his mind, attempting to overcome his old desires and the powerful magic. However, he wouldn't let himself be dropped to such a level, and that because of magic. A few seconds of silence later, his usually dark red irises suddenly lit up brightly, and he had resumed control of his body.

"However, I'm not going to be your toy that easily," Kerberos suddenly spat out, having managed to return to his own self, before looking down toward his dagger. Squeezing it in his hand, he quickly raised it, brining it down... only to hit his own palm. The blade dug into the skin, forcing a small gash into it, which slowly started to bleed. However, this pain would give him enough control over his body - illusions and control magic could either be broken by acceptance, or weakened by something which could affect the real body and remind you that you were still in control. A wicked grin appeared suddenly on the demon's face, his now dark gaze turning toward the succubus, before he suddenly disappeared. Instantly, he was behind her, and he sheathed his knife quickly before doing a fast gesture which would be known to the other demon. Moments later, a small fissure appeared under the succubus' feet, from which a sudden blast of red fire came out.

Edited by KuroKishi

Shadow dispelled the shadow wolves he created and instead made a shadow clone of himself. He was about to reply to what the wolf guy said but something annoying stopped him from doing that. Shadow glared at the little wolf that was prancing around and round in circles. He aimed a hard kick at the dog, not caring if he managed to brake a few bones or two. The mutt had retracted his claws and said, "Let her go. You have no quarrel with her." Shadow snickered, no he didn't have a quarrel with the unconscious girl in his hands but that doesn't mean he still can't take her, can it? The shadow clone he made earlier was still standing calmly beside him. "If you wan't a fight then i'm afraid you'll have to duke it out with my shadow clone over here. If you think I'm a coward then so be it, I don't have time for mutts like you."

Wade snorted. "Mutts like me? An interesting sentiment, considering you were kicked out of heaven." He paused, pretending to look thoughtful before shrugging. "Guess you weren't good enough. But apparently you never lost your 'Holier than thou' attitude." He said, snickering. Ryder danced out of the way of Shadow's foot before sinking his teeth deep into the fallen angel's ankle. He let go and darted back to Wade's side. "Honestly, I don't have time for this. And the Reality must be made of idiots if they think she knows much of anything. Oh wait! My bad. The Reality is made of idiots. And if they're all like you, then they're obviously cowardly idiots. How interesting." Wade said, his voice mocking. Faster than most could see, he darted forward, tackling Shadow and twisting the knife out of his hands. "It's a pity you're a coward. See, I prefer to fight fairly. But I can fight dirty just as well as anyone. Comes with being a wolf." His hand lashed outward, claws extended, shredding part of the angels shirt. He grinned mockingly. "Come at me bro!"

"What a lovely speech, maybe you should go home to your mummy and ask for a medal?" said Shadow in a stoic voice. He threw the girl on the ground so she wouldn't get in the way of fighting. The mutt leapt towards him and slashed at his shirt. It was now ruined but it was just a shirt anyway, it's not like he doesn't have more at home. "Come at me bro!" shouted the wolf. The Fallen Angel turned into a shadow and started creating clones of himself from the shadows. There were only two clones that he created, one for Wade and the other for his little companion. "Let's make this battle interesting shall we? If I win, I get to take the girl back to the Reality. I don't care if she has any information about Haven but she's go to know something and if she doesn't then I'll get to hear her screams of pain when I start torturing her. However, if you win this battle then I'll walk away calmly or you can just lock me up in a prison cell so I can escape later."

As Mana began her daily routine, patrolling her sector and keeping an eye out for anything suspicious to report to Abraham, something grabbed her attention from near the border. Spotting that strange fellow from earlier, the one who had commented on her dream, she swooped down and latched onto a branch of a nearby tree. Below, there was a fallen angel with a young looking girl and some sort of shady looking clone of himself.

Suddenly, he threw the girl aside with little hesitation and Mana took action. With the aid of the wind, she shot down from her perch and caught the girl before rocketing back into the sky. Catching a bit of the conversation being passed around, Mana looked back at the other fellow and called out to him.

"I'll take her to safety so you don't have to worry. Show that mean angel who's boss."

With a smirk, Mana turned and making sure she had a good hold on the girl, the avian called on the wind and accelerated rapidly. Before long, Abraham's tower came into sight, this was the best place Mana could think of for safekeeping. Abraham, although human, was a powerful being, he had taught Mana everything she knew about wind magic and aided her when her lightning was going out of control.

"You'll be safe here, Abraham won't let no bad people in. Oh! I'm Mana, by the way, what is your name?"

Willow surfaced back into consciousness with a start. Someone was taking her into the air! With a scream, she kicked at whatever it was that was carrying her. "Get away from me!" She yelled. She most likely startled it, as she was now falling. She hit the ground with a hard thud. She blacked out once again, but only for a second or two. Her right shoulder hurt immensely, but that didn't stop her from running anyway. She knew the forest well, so she ran back in the direction of her home. The woods was thick, so she knew the fallen angel would not be able to see her if he was flying. Willow was positive that the angel was the one flying her. Her only thought now was getting back home.

((Zakku, you most likely did not realize it, but Willow is going to end up being kidnapped by Shadow. We have a plot point in mind with the two of them. You don't need to delete your post or anything- you didn't know. I'll just have her accidentally run back to where the danger is. Willow thought that Mana, was Shadow kidnapping her xd.png ))