Polar

The Haven

Kerberos breathed in deeply as his lungs struggled to find the air they had been deprived of, having gotten dazed from the rather rapid ability usage. His teleportation was nothing too tiring, but repeated uses would make him feel sick, as if he had spun around hundreds of time in one place. He had managed to land a hit on the succubus and felt how her ability freed its grasp on him for a moment. A small smile spread across his face as the feeling came, but quickly disappeared when it was returned with the same force. So, she wasn't planning on letting go... coughing softly as his lungs finally stabilized and started their usual rhythmic breathing, he turned toward Tsukiko, watching her quietly. Though the gash on her hand started bleeding, she was focused, and a wave of magic suddenly covered her, hinting the demon that she would use magic next. Shifting his hands behind his back, Kerberos quickly moved them in a strange manner, seemingly casting something.

"Come now, I really don't think we should fight. Why don't we just... settle this in a different matter?" The succubus asked Kerberos, magical words seemingly flowing directly into his mind. He stood for a couple of moments, seeming unaffected, before a hearty laugh escaped his mouth. Then, he grinned widely, his expression turning slightly perverted.

"Oh, another manner, you say? I wonder what that would be?" Kerberos spoke, his voice wavering and weak. He had been caught from the spell, and he was trying to set himself free, but the passive Allure and active Charmspeak had managed to take control of his will. The demon sheathed his knives and jumped down to the ground, landing in a crouch. Standing up quickly, he continued walking forward, his head facing the ground and his walk one of a man deprived of desires. He had a large grin on his face, and his gaze was unfocused, showing how his will was destroyed and bent into her own. Now, he was in front of her, his hands around her torso and his head still down. Slowly, he started approaching her face, trying to get a kiss. Less than a moment later, however, the demon lifted his head, showing a focused gaze and a small smirk. Then, he leaped backward before disappearing, showing up from a red blast in front of the succubus. Landing on one of his feet, Kerberos spun his torso quickly, his left knee attempting to collide with the female's chest. Though he kept a calm visage on, he was truly, truly tired and bruised up, and if he didn't end it soon, he'd be on the losing side.

(( If you didn't catch on, he faked being caught by the full effect of the spell and managed to place a bubble just as she started speaking, which gave him enough time and limited the effect enough for him to break out. Your decision on how it plays out, since I'm starting to get overpowered. ))

Edited by KuroKishi

Kaito looked at the tree spirit in amazement "That's so cool mister tree guy!" tears started to form in Kaito's eyes, not from sadness but from happiness. "Thanks for the offer but...I think I have to decline. Learning another magic power seems like an awfully hard thing to do. I can still remember that it took my about a year to perfect my illusion magic." Kaito wiped away the tears at his eyes, "I never knew there was someone as kind as you in Haven. Wait, are you from the Haven or Reality? Never mind about that question! It's clearly obvious that you're from Haven. Someone as nice as you can't be with those nasty and mean people. By the way my name's Kaito, what's yours?" asked the elf in a conversational tone.

"Ah!" Vitya quickly exclaimed, looking rather worried at the tears. Why was he crying? Had he done something wrong. He rummaged around in his pocket, looking around for some kind of tissue he could use to wipe off his eyes. "Here," he said, holding out a white handkerchief to the elf. "And I'm sorry but I don't actually know what you're talking about. I'm not from anywhere, I just found this place a short time ago. I am just a wanderer. My name is Vitya."

"Parents?" Ren asked then turned away with a disapproving scorn. "Don't be stupid, I never had parents." He looked a bit irritated at the fact she had made him out to be a lonely creature. So what if he was? It wasn't something to be pitied for. "I don't need parents. I've always been strong enough to look after myself." He scoffed slightly then pushed open a door and guided Rosie inside. The room was deep red and had a large fireplace, as well as a bed in the corner. Clearly, however, this was not used often since there was a best of blankets in the corner that appeared far more slept in. "You may remove your blindfold," he declared with a frown.

Kaito took the tissue from Vitya and started to dab his eyes with it. "I'm so happy that we met you Vitya! See Sayla, I told you something good would happen to us if we went for a walk." the phoenix was currently watching the tree spirit in interest, "Yes, you're right for once. Maybe you should ask him if he wants to join the Haven since he's a wanderer?" Kaito gasped and then hugged his bird friend. "That's such a great idea, you're the best friend ever Sayla!" he released the bird from his bone crushing hug and turned around to face Vitya again, "Hey tree man. Sayla and I were wondering if you wanted to join the Haven! Abraham is such a nice guy once you get to know him and I'm sure you'll love it there!" said Kaito while giving Vitya a bright smile.

Well, that was easy. He'd certainly have to watch his back but he was already being invited in. Honestly, he wasn't sure why he was being told to do this. The man seemed nice enough so why was he being told to infiltrate his fortress? Well, he couldn't question it. The Reality provided him with much-needed defense. "I'm afraid I don't understand," he replied. "What is Haven? You spoke about it earlier but I still do not know what it is. I would be grateful if you told me more but at the moment.. I am lost."

" Oh that's perfectly understandable. Wanderers and loners like you probably wouldn't have heard about Haven." Kaito nodded his head like he was reassuring himself what he said was true. "So basically this old man named Abraham decided to create a sanctuary for beings like you and me! Abraham then did some weird hocus pocus and only people who aren't human can come in. It's basically a refuge for supernatural creatures so that the humans won't find out about us." explain Kaito, "So you wanna join or what?"

Hmm... A splendid idea in theory but that didn't stop humans from trying to destroy his tree. The Reality had been very persuasive in convincing him the only way to get humans to understand was to show them their existence. "I would be honored," Vitya replied with a smile. "Of course, I will still have to make periodic checkups on my own tree. I cannot wander away for too long but it would be lovely to have some company with creatures who understand me. Humans never seem to."

When Kaito heard Vitya's response he started jumping up and down like a little child. "Yay yay yay yay yay! Come on, I'll lead you to Abraham and then you two can talk about your class, companion and loads of other boring stuff!" Kaito started running through the forest back towards Abraham's house. He didn't actually know where the man was right now but Vitya and him could just crash at Abraham's home if he wasn't around town.

Vitya couldn't help but smile slightly as he chased along behind the excited man. This was much easier than expected. All he had to do was pretend he knew nothing about Haven. And he already knew nothing. All he had been told was to infiltrate and report and then his tree would be safe. No more worrying about people trying to cut it down. It would actually be safe for once. "I didn't know there was anything around here," Vitya declared. "This must be very well hidden!"

"I didn't know there was anything around here. This must be very well hidden!" Kaito shouted over his shoulder to reply, "Well yeah, if it wasn't then the humans probably would have killed us by now. Wait, I take that back. Humans can't do much with those small metal things they call guns. We could easily overpower them any ol' time." Kaito stopped at the edge of the forest, waiting for Vitya to catch up to him. "Alright, let's go find Abraham before he goes to another one of his boring meetings." Kaito tried to calmly walk to where Abraham lived but he just couldn't contain his excitement. A new person wanted to join Haven and then he'd be able to make more friends! Not many people liked being around Kaito because of his loud and way to happy nature but Vitya seemed nice enough.

When they arrived at Abraham's home Kaito decided to kick down the doors. Knocking was for posh and girly people. Kaito looked around the house and shouted, "Hellooo!? Is anyone home?"

Willow ran through the forest as fast as her legs would take her. After a few minutes, she reached her tree. But, as fate would have it, there were the two guys fighting. Someone else had taken her away.. The fallen angel seemed to be winning, as Wade was looking rather weakened. Willow hid behind her tree and watched the fight play out.

Shadow kept on attacking Wade ruthlessly. He was about to land another punch on him when he detected a familiar scent. The scent of the girl he was trying to capture. "Oh my, looks like I didn't have to go looking for the girl after all." said Shadow as he jumped away from Wade and appeared behind the scared girl. "This game was way to easy." he aimed a fist at the girls gut, hopefully knocking her out before picking her up and flying into the air. "I have no more business here. Hope you have a nice day Wade, next time we meet be prepared to loose."

And with that Shadow flapped his wings twice, gaining altitude. He flew over the land at a fast pace, the girl still hanging limply in his arms. Surprisingly she didn't weigh much and was as light as a feather. When he arrived at the Reality's base, people starting giving him weird looks. Everyone knew Shadow as the quiet and I don't give a censorkip.gif type so they were naturally curious in why he was carrying a girls body. "Move." growled Shadow as someone tried to talk to him. They scurried away quickly while he made his way towards where the Reality's leader was.

((I hope that the little censor icon is alright for you guys. I didn't really want to type in the real world))

Willow knew she had been spotted as soon as the fallen angel looked over at her. He was so fast, that Willow didn't even have time to turn around before he was behind her. In that same instant, a sharp pain ripped through her abdomen, as the angel threw his fist at it. Willow's hands went to her stomach, before she fell to her knees. The world went dark.

Willow dreamed she was flying. Over snowy mountains, silvery lakes full of beautiful water creatures, and woods that reminded her of home. Near the end of her dream, everything became very cold, as if she had just stepped into a freezer. The feeling of evil surrounded her. She could hear voices, and at times she thought she saw shadows. But she knew she was dreaming. Willow knew that she was safely at home in bed, and that all of the days events had been part of this dream.

She awoke in a dimly-lit room. There were no lights except for the one that was hanging above her head. Willow's hands were tied behind her back, and there was rope around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Her feet were tied as well. All of the ropes were tied to a metal post sticking up from the ground. The floor she was sitting on was concrete. It looked like it was used often, for it was very dirty. Willow wasn't exactly sure how big the room was. It was cold, so she guessed it was very big. Her bloodied-and-rebloodied shirt had been ripped slightly, and she could see the beginnings of a soon-to-be-large bruise in the middle of her stomach. Her shoulder ached as if she had fallen from a great height, and there were scratches all over her body from the shadow-wolf attack. A few tears fell from her eyes as she looked towards the cement floor.

((Kuro, I think we should discuss how this will play out first. I'm not really sure what to do... Or how to end the fight...))

Rosie removed her blindfold with a confused frown. "But then where did you come from if not your parents? Spontaneous generation? Jojo said it was impossible. They learned it in Biology class," she told the other with a nod of certainty. "Rosie is gonna be thirty three soon! Rosie's a big girl, too." She grinned widely.

Shadow looked at the crying girl from the shadows. Once her had informed the Reality's leader about capturing the girl he immediately told Shadow to throw her into one of the dungeons below the castle. She looked so fragile and helpless that Shadow began to feel a bit sorry for her, just a bit. He walked out from where he was hiding and sat down on a stool in front of her cell. "What's your name?" he asked her.

Willow looked up from the floor to face the angel. It was the one who had taken her here... She scowled and turned back to the floor, saying nothing. She started shaking a little, as she hoped he would not harm her.

Wade snarled in anger as he dodged the fallen angel's attack. His nose had been broken and he could feel it mending itself again. He howled when the coward stole Willow and flew away. He bounded back towards the town. "Abraham! Aabrraahaam!" He howled in a very wolflike way.

---------

Abraham looked up at Wade's howls. "Over here, Wade!" He shouted, knowing the wolf mutant would hear him. Moments later Wade skidded to a stop near him, a much larger Ryder at his heels. "What happened?" Abraham asked, seeing thd blood and dirt on him. "Reality attack." Wade panted. "Captured a resident. Willow." He said, looking distressed. "Alright, here's what we'll do. I'll organize a rescue, and in the meantime, you can get a shower and some rest." Abraham said calmly. He sighed. What else could go wrong today?

Ren shook his head with a frown, making a dismissive gesture with his hand. "Science has hardly no place when it comes to magic," He replied with a shake of his head. "I was born from the sun, obviously. A very long time ago." He hardly was one to judge her being thirty three when he was far older than that. Appearances weren't everything, of course. "I am a phoenix. Spontaneous generation is not impossible for someone like me."

"It doesn't appear that anyone is here," Vitya replied, taking a quick look around as he followed Kaito inside the house. He never had a house. Sleeping outside was much more his speed but the home was strange. So far removed from nature. "I don't suppose you know where else he could be. One of those meetings you talked about, perhaps?"

Kaito put a hand to his chin, like he was stroking an imaginary beard. "That could very well be the case. I heard on the way here that some weirdo blew up a bar not very far from here. They were saying he was a phoenix, Abraham could be at the damaged site." Kaito sighed, "And I thought he could've given me some strawberry cheesecake. He always has some on his house." Kaito then started to proceed towards the door and outside.

When Vitya and him finally found Abraham Kaito suddenly launched into a very descriptive telling on how he found the tree man. "So there I was, walking through the thick undergrowth with Sayla at my side. We decided to take a walk in the forest, unaware of the tree spirit that was nearby. Then a movement caught my eye and before I knew it, a man with red-ish hair and green eyes started to make a plant grow...FROM NOTHING! Sayla and I decided to go and speak to Mr Tree guy and found out his name was Vitya. I asked him if he wanted to join Haven since he's just a loner right now. What do you say Abraham? Can he join?" Kaito gave the man his cutest puppy dog face.

~~~

Shadow sighed, this girl was hard to talk to. Is she anti-social or something? Although he couldn't talk, Shadow was very anti-social himself. He stood up from where he was sitting and went outside of the dungeon to find a healer. Maybe the girl would be more willing to talk if her wounds where healed. A favour for a favour. A random healer suddenly brushed past him. Shadow reached out an arm and grabbed the healing guy by the shoulder, steering the healer towards where he came from. "H-hey! What are you doing?" cried the healer. Shadow gave him a cold glare before responding, "When we arrive I want you to heal a girl. If you do then I might consider letting you live." The healer nodded his head quickly in understanding.

When they arrived Shadow threw the healer into the cell along with the girl. He hastily began cleaning and fixing her wounds until it looked like nothing had happened to the girl. "Enough, you may go." barked Shadow. The healer hurriedly left with a bow before scampering away. "Now I ask again, what is your name?"

Willow was relieved, when the Angel finally left. She sat alone in the darkness for a few minutes, before she heard footsteps yet again. It was the angel, with someone else. The other an knelt beside her, and started healing her wounds. She didn't look at him. When he was done, the angel dismissed him. The angel asked her her name once again. Does he think he can trick me? By healing me, and making it seem like we're friends? It's not working.. She thought.

"One would have to question your mental stability, before answering a question like that, oh bipolar one. You're the one who brought me to this godawful place, and now you want to be my best friend? I think you're the one who doesn't deserve my name, and not the other way around.

Vitya had little choice but to follow the hyperactive elf, honestly finding his antics quite amusing. It far contrasted the patience the tree spirit displayed and it was refreshing to see someone with so much energy running about so wildly. When they finally found a man Kaito seemed to recognize, Vitya remained silently behind him, watching carefully as the man rushed to explain everything in a very excited voice. Interesting. Was this how easy it was for someone to trust him? No wonder the Reality had picked him for this mission if within a few minutes of meeting someone, he had already found someone to advocate for him.

Shadow raised an eyebrow at her. "I am not trying to be your friend. Not in a million years would I do that. No, I am merely healing your wounds so you wont feel pain when you talk. Consider it as a favour for a favour." Shadow watched the girl through the bars, The way she was chained looked painfully awful. Maybe he could try and get to move her to a more liveable cell. Nah, she can stay there. It's not like it's going to be the end of the world for her. "If you want to know my name then it's Shadow, Shadow Skylar."

Willow chuckled. "Feel sorry for me then? Strange, coming from a forsaken angel" She looked up at him. She stood up, so she could feel more like his equal while they talked. She couldn't cross her arms, the chains were too short. She instead placed one hand on her hip. "My name is Willow." There was a long pause, and no one spoke. After probably a few minutes of silence, she said in a soft, honest tone.

"You don't have to do this...I can see this isn't who you are.....An angel is still holy regardless if they've been forsaken or not. It's not a curse, merely a title." By this time, she was looking directly into his eyes. Her own eyes pleaded with him.

Shadow narrowed his eyes at Willow, "You don't have to do this...I can see this isn't who you are.....An angel is still holy regardless if they've been forsaken or not. It's not a curse, merely a title." When Shadow heard this something inside of him snapped. He stood up angrily with his fists clenched while looking down at the ground, his bangs shadowing his eyes. "You don't know anything about me! I was kicked out of my home, my parents abandoned me and my sister doesn't even know who I am." Shadows stopped talking to take a breath before continuing in a shaky voice, "I have killed countless men, destroyed hundreds of innocent people and you think this isn't my true personality?" He slumped against the wall with his head in his hands. He would never admit it but this was the first time he had ever cried in a long time.

Willow backed to the far edge of her cage when she saw the angel getting angry with her. She sat down, and looked at the floor once more. She was sure he was crying at this point, and she didn't want to make it look like she was staring at him. That would undoubtedly make things worse.

"I..I'm sorry.."