Polar

The Haven

Willow was about to start conversation with the two bunnies, when she heard shouting from above ground. The reason I live out here is so I DON'T interact with others... She thought to herself. However, shouting usually meant something bad, and she was a healer. She had to be prepared to do whatever was needed. Willow ran up the stairs and burst through the front door. Before her, was a sight she had hoped she'd never have to see. A demon. He was holding a young girl in his arms. His eyes glowed blue and red. (Is that right? From the picture?) Hide! Shut the front door! He'll kill you! Were her first thoughts. Willow stood there, mouth hanging open. Finally she found her voice.

"What did you DO to her!?!" She screamed. She had no idea why the demon would bring his kill to her doorstep. Presumably to use as bait. She yanked the girl from his arms. She weakly looked up at her. The girl looked maybe no more than 12 years old. Willow glared at the demon before rushing back down the stairs. In her hurry, she left the door open. The girl still in her arms, she sweeped everything off her kitchen table with her free arm. She gently set the girl down and put a pillow under her head. By this time, Dog was already on the table, licking the poor child's wounds. Willow ran to her bedroom for her medical equipment. She knew little magic, and relied mainly on physical medicines and practices. God, she doesn't have much time..

Kerberos had moved at only half his speed - which, of course, was overwhelming for most fighters - but this one had managed to dodge quite nicely.

I see... the usual counter to hits from the back. It seems this one knows at least the basics... Fun. I'll just have to do better, I guess. The demon thought to himself before smiling softly. He rose from his circular slash, then took a look of his surroundings. Sure enough, the man was once again throwing knives around, and yet they seemed random - if not thinking normally.

Knife four - hits more bottles, possibly needs extra fuel for a fire attack; knife five - extra help to block the door, which means these people won't get out if they don't look down for once; knife six - directly under him, possibly to keep him off the ground in case of a fire attack... or just a test. His thoughts were interrupted, however, when Wade smashed the door open with his feet, sending a couple of people to the ground but ultimately freeing many more. As they dashed out, the demon turned his attention back to Ren, flashing a wicked smile.

His thoughts were quick, yet the time seemed to move slower as he thought about his next move. He was able to move quickly and had his ability, which meant that he had the advantage in mobility over this guy. With Wade's strength from him being a Warrior, they'd probably take this man out if he didn't move quickly. So, he decided to try and give Wade an opening.

"Next up - a serving of pain!" Kerberos spoke out as he dashed forward, seemingly aiming to get a hit on the man from the front. However, as soon as he was mere inches from him, he disappeared, and reappeared just to the left of the man, the same direction in which Wade was standing. Using the forward momentum, he dug one of his feet sharply into the ground, then sprung off of it and turned his torso, attempting to deliver three blows with a single angular tornado kick.

(( So many people use darkred xd.png I'll shift to orange since it still passes with his demonic traits, then. ))

Edited by KuroKishi

Ah, there went the civilians. He'd have to end this quickly to maximize casualties. Of course, the alcohol was a big help so running might not even help them. And if he drug it out, backup would come. He glanced back at the newer arrival, trying to get a quick assessment of him. Canine in appearance. Most likely vulnerable to his attacks but he couldn't be sure.

Suddenly, the first attacker was rushing him before disappearing again. Ren quickly turned around, bringing up his arms in defense only to find the man had reappeared at his side and not behind. censorkip.gif. The three blows sent him flying backwards quite quickly, directly over the counter and into the bar. Glasses shattered all around him as shelves collapsed, dumping a mixture of alcohol and glass all over his body. But he wasn't down for long. He straightened himself upright quickly and bared his small dagger in anticipation. Two enemies. Of course, more risked getting caught and he hardly wanted that. He'd have to settle with this.

Raising his knife as if to attack, he quickly jumped over the bar, finding his place in the middle of the room in a very quick movement. He bared the knife and held it at the ready, about to hurl it at one of the two... Before suddenly flipping it around and stabbing himself directly in his exposed chest, driving the blade into his skin. His palm pushed the blade deeper in as golden blood began to deep out of the wound, dripping down the front of his jacket.

((So you want him to die, yes?))

Wade gaped when the phoenix plunged the dagger into his chest. Blood flowed out of the wound. So the Reality spy wanted to die, eh? He could help with that. "Let me help you, little bird." He growled, stalking forward. He was ready for any sudden movements from the man, and wouldn't be surprised if the dude attacked at the last second.

Edited by polaristar

(( Oh lawd, we'll get caught in the explosion biggrin.gif ))

Kerberos stood still after the attack, having slightly strained himself because of trying to suddenly deliver three hits with a fast flip through the air. He wasn't focused, as he was thinking he would leave Wade to finish him off, but he decided to risk a single look toward the guy. Sure enough, he had crashed into the shelf of alcohol, and he was now drenched and with many different pieces of glass embedded into parts of his body. However, he instead jumped over and came to the middle of the room before... stabbing himself in the chest.

"What the heck?" The demon said as he watched the man seemingly injure himself fatally with his own hands. Was he crazy? No way - start a fight like that when you're a spy, and the only thing you'd be thinking of is escape... no, this guy had an idea of sorts. Then, he noticed his golden blood.

Golden blood... think, think... normal blood is red, and blood magic is usually only seen with red-blooded species, as the others have a mixture that seems to work really bad with blood magic. The species that has golden blood... was it that one? No, they had green... whatever. He must have a reason to do this, though - what is it?! The demon thought, details flashing through his mind. Most of the people were now outside and rushing toward the treeline, but they were close enough for a large attack to damage them. There was liquor over the whole floor, which he had guessed would be used for a type of attack.

Liquor works well with flames... he's planning to blow us all up?! Kerberos finally formulated, his eyes widening in suprise as he immediately rose from his tired stance. He spun around, grabbing Wade's arm and immediately gesturing toward the outside.

"He's going to use fire magic! If we sit here, we'll be fried by the end of his attack! Find some cover!" The demon seemingly ordered as he let go of his arm, then turned toward the man and made a foreign gesture. Though nothing changed visually, he had placed a small magical barrier bubble around him. Of course, some types of magic would blow through it like paper, but at least the blast would be limited. Then, looking out from the wide-open door, he shifted out and turned around, making sure to duck behind a small elevation of land.

(( He doesn't bring Wade with him, and the flames of the phoenix are too powerful to be stopped by the barrier - at most, they may give Wade a second to get to cover. That is, if pudding chooses it to be that way. biggrin.gif ))

Edited by KuroKishi

Wade was about to advance when he remembered something. This guy was a phoenix. Phoenixes meant fire. That means... Wade froze. Run! His wolf snarled. Wade dove out of the building, his claws seeking leverage on the ground. He loped on all fours towards cover, inwardly screaming at himself and his stupidity. He ducked behind a thick tree and crouched low, his claws plucking at the ground. The dude needed to hurry up and explode the place already.

((Oh noes!))

Edited by polaristar

Mana practically roller coastered through the air, diving and spinning only to pull back up and flip through the air as she ascended back into the clouds. Spotting something in the distance, her eyes narrowed to focus on the object and noticed a few beings collecting together. One of them was her Phoenix cousin, a close relative of the Thunder Bird avian species.

"I wonder who that might be. Let's go take a closer look then, heheh."

It was a silly personal joke, implying her enhanced eyesight. Climbing higher, Mana decided to witness the events from above, circling the small group almost like a vulture.

Alcohol dripped to the ground, seeping down the broken counter and across the floor. In the middle of the bar, Ren stood trembling, his entire body rigid. He had unbuttoned his jacket earlier so he could more easily stab himself and the black color helped conceal his blood but that didn't mean it wasn't there. The young man took a few deep breaths, trying to focus.

He'd done this some many times but each time, it hurt so much. He couldn't actually be burned do to his nature as a phoenix but the pain was accompanied to a sensation remarkably similar welled up in his chest where the dagger had pierced him. Ren fell to the ground, wheezing heavily but forcing the knife deeper in anyway. How long did it take? Maybe he wasn't bleeding enough? His shaking hand grabbed ahold of the blade of the knife and he twisted it as sharply as he could. That was enough.

White, burning light tore out from his body and flashed outwards. The alcohol burst into flames with loud explosions of fire but they too were quickly consumed. The building hardly stood a chance as stone and brick was sent flying and the roof caved in. Higher and higher the flames spread, leeching outwards to ignite nearby trashcans, then even further out to the treeline were the civilians had hidden. The display was both remarkably majestic and remarkably frightening as the fire and heat exploded outwards. Then, almost as quickly as it started, the explosion died down and returned to the rubble. Fire still roared where the bar had once stood but it was no longer exploding outwards with the same intensity. It was simply normal fire, though quite a lot of it.

The rubble shifted slightly as tiny, pale hands pushed bricks away. The black jacket clung loosely to his very tiny, very small body and clearly didn't fit at all. The blackened robe had managed to survive the intense heat but little else had. Ashes clung to his body as the little boy coughed, his green eyes squinting through the flames. He looked no older than three or four with untidy, white hair. Pushing the rubble away from him as best he could, the child coughed again then stumbled through the flames, completely unfazed by them. He was still a phoenix, after all. Fire couldn't burn him. Still, he hadn't expected the explosion to be that great. But now he had to flee. Stumbling across bricks and other rubble, he paused briefly to lift up the knife from the ground he had thrown away from him earlier and cling to it. All of the weapons on his person had melted down but the blade had been far enough from his body to resist the heat of the explosion. Holding the knife in both of his hands, he moved as quickly as he could towards the edge of the flames, making a hasty retreat.

(( 'The dude needed to hurry up and explode the place already.' Soo now we're wishing things explode quicker? xd.png ))

Though it seemed like an eternity, it took only a few more seconds. Thankfully, those seconds were enough for Wade, as the demon had heard him quickly dart behind something. Bracing for impact, Kerberos ducked down even lower, then summoned his gauntlets, making sure that they acted as a secondary barrier for both him and Wade. Then, a bright light engulfed the scene, after which a huge explosion of flame spread out, destroying the building with ease.

A phoenix's flames... no way my shield can stop something so sacred... Thought the demon as he took a quick look, instantly regretting it afterward. Though he was prepared, the punch of the flames was extreme, and the pressure caused had managed to get through the demon's large gauntlet. He was sent backward by the blast, rolling around twice before hitting a tree stump. Grumbling, Kerberos lied on the ground for a whole minute before he found the strength to rise.

"And he just had to take care of this bar... why this one, why not another one?!" Kerberos spoke, seemingly angry for a reason others would find stupid, especially with the lives still at stake as the flames spread out. His clothing was damaged, but it was mostly bruises from the pressure caused rather than charred pieces. He had a small scar along his cheek where a piece of debris scratched it, but his demon blood was already working on sealing it - the surrounding skin sizzled and emitted smoke as it started bonding yet again, though rather slowly.

"Damn you... you stupid phoenix!" He yelled before his twin gauntlets flew out toward the forest. The people, obviously frightened, started diving for the ground, before they saw how the flaming trees were being slammed into the ground and put out. In his rage, Kerberos was slamming fiery tree against fiery tree, and whilst it was a chaotic, brutal mess, he managed to take care of the fire. Finished, Kerberos dispelled the strange armor pieces and dropped to the ground, leaning on the stump, then took a look at Wade.

"Are you okay, wolfie?" He asked as he looked around, then saw how something rolled slowly toward him. Taking the item, he found that he had grabbed a miraculously intact bottle of his favourite liquor. He opened it and immediately downed the thing in one go, as it was a smaller version and he was too pissed to think clearly right now.

Edited by KuroKishi

When a shady figure in the corner of a bar got out three knives and decided to throw them in random places I took that sign for me to leave. I morphed into a shadow and slipped under the door, noticing the knife that was placed there to hold people back. Not my fault if they're all stupid and die. I turned back into my normal self and hurried over to Istalri, "Let's get out of here, there's trouble coming and I don't want to be caught in it." Istalri looked shocked, probably because I've never ran away from an opportunity to battle in my whole life. "Whatever you wish partner." We flew up into the air together and watched the whole bar get blown up in a fiery explosion. As we were flying I saw a bird like figure doing the same. I flew over to her and saw she was half bird half human. "Hey bird girl! What do you think just happened?" I asked her.

~~~

"You mistake me for another. My alliance is known to you. I am returning from a mission, that is all. So step aside and let me pass. I would rather not have any trouble before I get back." I sighed, what a let down, and here I was thinking I could be able to torture him. "Fine, do whatever you want but can I please come with you? There's nothing fun to do and I'm bored."

Edited by 0023567467

Tiny feet stumbled over the rubble while his hands held on as well, both struggling to carry him over the rubble. It was difficult for the little boy to move, especially since he was wearing the much-too large cloak, but he struggled on anyway until his feet touched the incinerated grass outside of where the bar had stood. He teetered dangerously for a moment, arms struggling to stabilize himself as they windmilled about before he finally rightened himself and looked about. Uh… Escape. He had to find safe ground. Looking towards the burning tree line, Ren paused before he started to slink away in the other direction. He needed to get out of Haven now. His job was done so he had to go back and report to the Reality. His coat fluttered as he started to run, moving as fast as he could away from the destroyed building. He really hoped they didn't see him and make chase.

((Last character. Promise xd.png I think I have a problem. Also, I won't be around until 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon tomorrow. Just an FWI.

Username: polaristar

Name: Falcon

Race: Unknown

Allegiance: Haven

Class: She'll go back and forth between Warrior and Infiltrator

Companion: N/A

Personality: quiet, mysterious

History: She lost her memory about five years ago. She heard about the Haven and journeyed out to find it. On the way, she received an enchanted bow that would never break, and a quiver of arrows. She also received a magic flute that could cast spells when played. Only Falcon can use the flute.

Supernatural Abilities:

- Enhanced hearing and eyesight

- Enhanced speed

- If she stands still, she can melt into the shadows and become all but invisible

- She ages slowly

- She can speak to animals

Appearance: She's Like a Female Hawkeye

I've wanted to make an archer for so long. I should really take archery lessons xd.png

And Wade is odd. Like, really weird. And impatient. Soo...))

Wade groaned and rubbed his head. "Fine." He grunted. Time to go before Abraham arrived. He was sure that the other dude was fully capable of talking to him. And if Abraham really needed him, he'd find him. He loped off into the forest, with Ryder bounding behind him. He stopped after about five minutes of running, and sat down, leaning against a tree. Ryder sat next to him, panting slightly with his tongue lolling out. Wade chuckled and ruffled the pup's fur.

Edited by polaristar

Willow rushed back into the dining room with bandages, alcohol, and syringes of IV fluid. She immediately started by applying pressure to the girl's largest wound. It was in her left calf. The large gash appeared to be at least a quarter inch deep, and went almost to her knee. Whatever did this was something very very dangerous. That DEMON! She thought. She was a CHILD!! Her thoughts could surely be heard a mile away, had any telepath been listening.

There was a large pool of blood on the table. Enough so, that it had started running off of the edges. Willow tried in vain to stop the bleeding. She only removed the bandage for a fraction of a second at a time, to pour alcohol on the wound. After only 5 minutes, Willow noticed a change in the color of the young girl's face. She stopped applying pressure, and put her face near the girl's chest. She wasn't breathing. In a panic, Willow rached for the girl's arm. She pressed down on the vein harder than she most likely should have, in an attempt to feel even the faintest of pulses. There was nothing. No! No!

Willow assumed the CPR position, and was only halfway through the first set, when she felt something on her hip. Dog's face was pressed against her hip. He looked up and stared into Willow's eyes. It's done.

Willow slumped to the floor beside Dog. The bunnies that were here earlier were nowhere in sight. Willow blankly stared at the blood that continued to run off the edge of the table from the lifeless body. Her mind was as blank as the girl's on the table.

(( Where is everyone? ))

Edited by skiddajane

((Another character because I felt like it))

Username: 0023567467

Name: Kaito

Race: Elf (not the ones like pixies and stuff but from Lord of the Rings or Eragon)

Allegiance: Haven

Class: Infiltrator

Companion:

Name - Sayla

Gender - Female

Species - Phoenix

Appearance - Sayla

Personality: Kaito is a very determined person but...unfortunately for him he can get distracted easily when it comes to strawberry cheesecake (random blink.gif ). He's always loved that type of cake ever since he's been a little boy. Kaito is very care-free and sometimes reckless. His childish nature sometimes irritates people to the point where some even threaten to kill him if he doesn't shut up and behave. He has a very risk-taking personality and loves doing dangerous sports like skydiving or bungee jumping.

History: RP'd

Supernatural Abilities:

- Able to turn invisible (only for 1-2 minutes)

- Can create illusions

- Great with a bow & arrow (although he rarely uses one)

- Enhanced speed, smell, eyesight and hearing

- His injuries can heal very fast

Appearance: Kaito

"Humph. How rude. Leaving without even introducing himself!" Callidus pouted exaggeratedly and hugged Hazel tighter. "You'll tell me your name, right?"

((My plan for Willow to have a relationship went down the drain because the other person left the RP... For a second time: Is there anyone who is willing to have a relationship/children with Willow? Thank yous. smile.gif ))

((Your best bet would be someone who roams the woods, like Wade. You could have her try with him, if you'd like. But he's difficult, ya know?

Accepted, but great with a bow isn't really a supernatural ability O.o))

Edited by polaristar

((Weren't we gonna have an OoC?

Anyone mind interacting with Rose? Can she fall on someone? Like, Ren? Also, I changed the way Rosie speaks...))

Rose sniffled as she walked, one hand rubbing her eyes. "Rosie wants to go home..." She muttered, "Rosie's scared!" As she was walking, she looked around again. She smiled. "Rosie thinks she knows this place! Huh..." She frowned as something caught her eye. It looked like smoke. She shrugged, smiling again and dismissing the smoke to focus on her happy thoughts. She giggled and ran forwards towards the direction she thought she was meant to go. Unfortunately, she lost her footing, slipping down a rather steep ledge. She screamed in fright but managed to say something when she saw a young boy who she was on a collision course with. "W-watch out!"

A bit surprised by the sudden arrival of another character of the sky, Mana looked around to see where the voice was coming from to see a male looking at both her and the events transpiring below. Shrugging, Mana's focus had now shifted to this new person, but was quickly lost when she spotted someone else darting into the woods.

"Fire-feather went BOOM! Now the others are running away, scared. See, that boy there is running into the woods, but the falling girl is gonna catch him. Should I speak to fire-feather cousin?"

Taking a thinking pose, Mana bent the air around her to prevent herself from falling as she thought. A Phoenix was a rare encounter, but they could be dangerous too and Mana didn't want to get hurt. With a sigh, she looked at the other airborne person and smiled before releasing herself and straight lining it towards the ground. Again, just before she landed, a cushion of air awaited her arrival and softened her landing.

I looked down towards where the ground where bird-girl was looking and saw a small boy running away from the now destroyed bar. "Fire-feather went BOOM! Now the others are running away, scared. See that boy there running into the woods, but falling girl is going to catch him. Should I speak to fire-feather cousin?" said the other girl in a childish voice. Bird-girl had a really short and un-sophisticated vocabulary. At least I knew what that small boy was, a phoenix. A bird that's able to resurrect itself from the ashes. I smiled evilly, maybe I could get to fight the wretched little creature. The phoenix would make a great training practice if it was from the Reality. I swooped down towards the ground and slowed my fall by beating my wings. The phoenix was just in front of me and i couldn't wait for a chance to fight someone.

(( A male? In the air? If I remember correctly, the only one in the air with Mana is Ariel, a female. ))

Kerberos watched Wade after he responded, his eyes following his form as he dove into the forest with his pup. He was going to have to explain so much things to Abraham when he arrived... Sighing, the demon slowly stirred, then pushed himself off the ground. He left the bottle on the ground, drained of it's contents, and started taking his surroundings in. Most of the people were now working on putting the remaining fires out, and though he wanted to help them, his anger had still not dissipated, and he would cause more harm when he wasn't focused - if he didn't just choose to take it out on them, that is.

"It's my fault... I should've acted quicker there." He grumbled to himself as he turned his eyes toward the left of the building. He swore he could see someone moving for a split second, but the swirling flames had masked whatever it was, and he was too drained to try and give chase.

His thoughts were shifted as he noticed movement in the air, toward his right. Looking toward the direction, he had to slightly lift his gaze toward the sky in order to take in the figures. It looked like an avian, and the other shape faintly reminded him of the girl in the bar.

"Scouting out from above... wish I had flight right about now." Kerberos muttered as he started walking toward the remains of the bar, slightly stumbling from time to time. The wound on his cheek was seemingly starting to stitch itself together, pieces from one side suddenly jumping to connect to the other in small crossed lines.

Noting a difference in the air, the demon turned toward where the two figures were, then spotted how the avian started a freefall. Knowing that it'd probably have a trick of some sort, his trained eyes watched as the figure, which he now identified as a young female avian, seemingly stopped her fall with ease, as if air from under her had killed the built-up velocity. Soon, she was joined by Ariel on the ground, and both seemed to look toward the edge of the forest.

"Great... now where did he go?" Kerberos said as he tried finding a trail to follow. His blink would be up for usage soon, but he doubted he'd want to continue chasing a phoenix in his current state. For now, he decided to try and circle around the back, in order to look at the small foilage behind the bar - maybe he had dived for that as soon as the explosion hit. If anythings, both girls staring at that was a small reason for his attention.

Edited by KuroKishi

((Oh, Rosie should totally fall on both of them and make everything all awkward and she'll be all happy and the other two would just be like wtf?

You guys do realize that Rosie is gonna fall onto Ren, right?))

Edited by SoiledLove

Ren quickly turned his head to the side as someone yelled out a warning and threw himself to the side as quickly as he could. His reflexes were obviously dulled since his rebirth since he ended up crashed under the falling girl anyway, his arms flying out and the breath from his chest forced to exhale. In his young state, it was much harder to deal with physical stresses and he wheezed loudly, trying to wiggle out from under the stranger. He had to go! This wasn't the time to be messing around with someone. His large eyes narrowed as he curled his hands into fists before he began to generate heat from his back. It started off quite cool but began to heat up rather quickly. Come on... Get off already.

Rosie jumped up after regaining her senses from the crash and shaking her head. She seemed to have not felt the heat at all and, instead, grinned widely at the downed boy. "Thank you for saving Rosie! Rosie must thank you for saving Rosie, nah! And Rosie is sorry for falling on you!" She said excitedly. "Rosie can do a ranking for you, nah! That way Rosie can repay you!" She then peered at Ren with wide, pleading eyes. "Please!"