Polar

The Haven

(( Good morning, guys, and welcome to the RP, Zakku. ))

"True that..." Answered Kerberos to the wolf-man as he watched him rise from his seat, then continued with his series of drinks. Being a demon didn't exactly mean you were always very tolerant against this, but the demon had... experience, shall we say, from his past life. This, coupled with the usual resistance of a demon to such materials, had allowed him to never get drunk even after the other men on the same table as him had drunk themselves to sleep, or even worse - death. Having downed his fifth drink in a row, the demon decided to check his surroundings yet again.

Now the situation was different - the demon to his right was still there, but the strange... man he had spotted was tapping slowly and taking increasing glances toward the window. The wolf was seemingly gone, but his instincts as an assasssin told him he was somewhere outside, possibly waiting just like him for an advance from this person.

This is gonna be a tricky one... let's just hope we don't start a fight in the bar - with so many drunken idiots, we can easily cause a large-scale massacre and take the blame for something bad. Kerberos thought to himself, catching a sixth glass of liquor but deciding not to make use of it just yet, instead turning back to look at the bar's inventory.

"Well well well, fancy seeing a demon here." The voice of a female came from his side, and he rolled his eyes - though to the normal eye, it'd be unnoticeable, as both his eyes were raven black orbs without an iris. A trained eye, however, could spot a small, dark red circle within the center, surrounding a slightly darker black dot. Turning around, Kerberos immediately noticed it was an angel, as the wings and holy magical aura clearly gave it off.

"It really is a suprise, finding a holy being like yourself here, too," The man spoke, his voice seemingly unwavering from the effect of the liquor he'd consumed by now.

Great... am I really the center of the Universe today? It's just me sitting on this same stool every day, and now, for some reason, I had 3 people visit me directly, as well as a strange figure... Though I can't deny that I like the action. Kerberos thought to himself, a wicked grin appearing on his face as soon as he turned to the front before quickly disappearing behind a sixth shot of alcohol.

Edited by KuroKishi

"I'm not really a holy being since I'm descended from a line of Fallen Angels...and I think somewhere along the line there might have been an archangel." I mumbled to myself. "That doesn't mean you're evil though." said Istalri from where she was outside. "Hey, I thought you were sleeping! Stop butting in on my thoughts and go eat a pie!" I growled at her mentally through telepathic communication. Wow people, ahem, dragons, especially Istalri, can sure be nosy creatures.

Azriel took a quick glimpse at his empty glass, noting his reflection as the flames glistened along the surface. The demon beside him obviously did not want to chat.

He surely has his issues... at least, in the drinking category. He concentrated on the glass, then placed his hands around it. A few moments later it started levitating. Oh, just how easily you can be broken apart...

Putting the glass down as he sensed something rather bizzare in the bar, Azriel decided that that was a sure sign for his time to leave. He didn't want to get involved with whatever was about to happen here. I don't want to waste any of my time... better get going.

Azriel silently payed, then got up and started walking towards the exit. Though it didn't seem like he had done anything as he pushed the door open, he had already noticed the person.

What a fool, attracting so much attention, yet acting so casually... He was annoyed, and the demon in him was screaming for a bloodbath. Shattered bones, dismembered corpses...

No! No, not today.. He quickly stopped the temptation before it rose, which made his heart beat slightly faster. He had to hurry before his bloodlust managed to punch through his mental defenses and took control of him.

"Let's get going, Allie." Said Azriel as he shut the door of the bar. He saw the wolf waiting, he noticed how the demon was preparing through the window - both were aware of the presence of that weird man.

"I was thinking about the meaning of life and-" Allie tried to say, but was yet again interrupted by his companion.

"We don't have time for this... I have a mission, remember?"

"Ah, right... something about a missing item in the forest? Don't tell me... you're still searching for that necklace, aren't you?''

"Yes.. yes, I am..." Azriel said, fixing his clothes before starting off toward the nearby forest.

Edited by arvin

"I'm not really a holy being since I'm descended from a line of Fallen Angels...and I think somewhere along the line there might have been an archangel." The girl had answered to his response, which made Kerberos softly smirk and put his glass down.

"Now, look at me: an infernal demon, with a dark past... and an even darker one before I became what I am now... However, as far as I know, I work for the safety of Haven - thus, I can say you one thing. You are not evil or good by your race, or source of existence. You have to decide that with your actions. I was worse than evil, then became a demon... yet now, working for the safety of this magical world, I do feel myself... a better being. The killing is still there, of course, but I have a reason to do it, a reason to exist, to kill. Not all of us are powerful and able to defend themselves - some are weaker healers, some are barely magical... we have to work, to keep those safe. If you work for that goal, then I can say you're not bad, even as a Fallen Angel." The man spoke, seeming far wiser than his age would allow in those few moments, before turning to lift a seventh glass of liquor toward his lips.

Though it seemed like he didn't react in any way, he was still keeping an eye on the man in the corner. He could make out the shallow tapping on the table, as well as his slow movements and smooth behaviour. It was all normal... but...

No way. Nobody who is in a bar can act so calm. I am able to only because of all the grudges I have. If he really does act that way... he is either a person like me, which means he has something bad in his past in order to act like that, or he is hiding something - and both can be a reason for a spy. Kerberos thought to himself, then turned his attention back to the angel in front of him.

"So, what would the young lady like to drink?" He asked, making sure to not speak directly in her direction so his liquor-stained breath wouldn't deter her in any way.

((Same here, SilentBaws

I'm not sure how to shorten your username. Silent? Or Baws? Both sound kinda odd to my ears, but I'm not using SB. SB is a swear word in China. Or, at least, the shortened version of a swear word. Maybe I should just call you Silent?

Yeah, Libi is awesome. For some reason, when I read Mana's profile, I could totally see them together... Libi's gonna have fangirls though. He's gonna hate it. It makes sense to have them since he's the 'cold, mysterious type' and the Strongest Warrior))

Libeatque looked towards the sky lazily and lay down on his cloud, hands behind his head. The cloud extended to hold the full length of his human body. He listened to Tweety finishing the Chinese National Anthem before answering. "Those pieces of trash?" He replied, "They were weak, not worth my time. Crude in their ways of interrogation. They were Haven residents, bullies, I had punished them for Harassment before. The leader of the three is a rat demon, the other two are twins, both golems. They were most likely spies for the Reality, but really brainless ones since they caused a commotion. Their behavior did not suggest they were being controlled, but it is possible they were affected as they fessed up truthfully about there being a woman that asked them to do something, but did not retain the memories of what that something was." He glanced at Hazel. "Does that answer your question?"

((Last character. Anyone who can guess which anime inspired my characters gets a virtual cookie (companions included, Mikio not included)

Username: SL

Name: Rosalie Winterbell

Race: Clairvoyant... Human... Sort of?

Allegiance: Haven

Class: Can she be a normal resident? If not Infiltrator

Companion:

Name - Minverva

Gender - Female

Species - Owl

Appearance - A white snowy owl with large blue eyes. The tips of its feathers are blue-ish grey

Personality: Rosalie is mentally and physically seven, despite having lived for thirty one years. While she is clever and knowledgable, she isn't very wise. She's overly curious and gets into plenty of trouble. She's impulsive and cries easily, but also laughs a lot, too. She likes to play games. When she is given a job though, she'll take it very seriously. She sometimes breaks the fourth wall. By accident, of course.

History: RP'd

Supernatural Abilities:

-Ranking: Able to tell people how high they rank among others in certain aspects. She floats and sparkles when she does this, but this ability is disrupted by fog and mist and causes her to rank people incorrectly. (Ex. Abraham ranks first out of 826,208 supernatural creatures in terms of warding talent!)

-Mind Walking: Able to read minds/enter another's mind.

-Occulemency: Protection against psychic/mind reading abilities

-Third Eye: Can open up a third eye in the middle of her forehead to judge people (if they're lying, if they're good or evil, if they have evil intent) and see through objects and at a 360 degrees angle. Can see spirits

-Possession: Can take control of people/animals (if they are weak minded enough)

-Semi-Immortality: Slow aging, unable to die of old age and normal diseases, reduced mental aging.

Appearance: Rose))

Edited by SoiledLove

I listened intently to the demons speech. "Now, look at me: an infernal demon, with a dark past...and an even darker one before I became what I am now..." Bla bla bla. I mostly just pretnded to listen to the whole lecture but I did tune into some of it like 'deciding my actions' and 'not all of us are powerful and able to defend themselves' but the rest just went straight through one ear and out the other. "You should really pay more attention to what people have to say otherwise it's rude if you don't. said Istalri. Why are you still awake? Anyway, it's not my fault that I have a simple mind and speech's like those are too complicated for me to understand. Istalri just rolled her eyes but of course I couldn't see that because she was outside.

"So what would the young lady like to drink?" asked the other man. I pondered over that question for only a fraction of a second. "Well I'm not a huge fan on liquor but I can hold my own for a pretty long time, so anything strong will do." I replied in a friendly tone while taking a seat next to him. "By the way I never got to learn your name, mind telling me what it is?"

((SL is it the anime Fairy Tail? That show made me get my inspiration for making Aquarius))

[ Just call me Silent tongue.gif ]

Hazel glanced back at Libeatque's answer and sighed. "Hardly, but at least you tried, thanks." She said. "Well lets get on with that patrol." She added.

[ Short post... Writer's block :/ ]

((Nope! Not Fairy Tail. I don't watch that.

Anyone wanna try winning Libi's heart?))

Libeatque rolled his eyes slightly and closed them, drifting in silence for a while. It wasn't long before they reached the border. When they did, however, he shot up, straight backed with eyes narrowed. The cloud fled from under his and levitated into the air, expression twisting into a snarl. In a flash, his weapon was out and he was in a position to attack.

"Ara, fancy meeting you here, Libeatque," a voice said, a person in a yukata walking out from behind a tree. A cheerful, but mocking smile was plastered on his face and he held a elaborately decorated fan in one hand, fanning himself casually.

"Natsume..." Libeatque growled, voice low and dangerous. A wave of murderous intent washed out from his body.

"I heard you've become something of a tame pet. Is that true? The Blood Stained Qilin, tamed by some Mage?" Callidus joked, leaning back against the tree. His tails and ears suddenly appeared as he used three of his tails to block the shockingly fast attack from Libeatque. "Maa..." His voice was slightly strained, "you've improved. Amazingly enough... But not enough!" The kitsune disappeared in a poof of smoke, only for Libeatque to turn and pin him against a tree with the pole.

"You were saying, trash?" Libeatque asked, an eyebrow raised, "I can tell apart your illusions now, fox weakling. Even if I couldn't, I'd still obliterate you."

"Wanna... Bet?" Callidus wheezed, quickly slipping out of Libeatque's grasp with practiced ease and rubbing his throat. "Ow... Did you have to try and strangle me? You'll pay for that!" The last words turned into a low growl and he slowly grew until he was a giant fox, at least two floors tall.

"That's more like it..." Libeatque did the same, assuming his true form and growing until he was as tall as the fox. A couple of trees fell due to their sudden growth, but the two didn't seem to care, leaping into the air to battle.

"The forest was dark, unkn-" tried to say Allie before suddenly tripping on a rock.

"Well, I am glad that the rock has the same opinion that I do about your narrating skills," jokingly remarked Azriel as he moved on through the forest.

Funny... Alllie sarcastically thought as he rose, removing some dust from his feathers before returning to the boy's side.

They had been searching for quite some time, but there was no sign of the necklace. Allie started losing hope. After all, it was a tiny object, compared to this obviously large forest. How were they supposed to find it?

"Do you know how hard is it to walk with bare paws?" asked the griffin, obviously exhausted from the long search.

"I know, but we have no other choice," said the demon as he continued walking onward. He could already feel how his own legs ached and begged him to stop and rest, but he was too focused on the task at hand. Suddenly, he stopped and instructed his companion to keep quiet.

"Brace yourself - I can hear someting, and it's coming this way," Azriel whispered, then quickly drew his sword. He was a veteran, and the noise of running for your life was too familiar for him not to notice.

He was carefully walking through the forest, attempting to follow the noise, when he saw something moving in the nearby bushes. His eyes sharpened - he was ready. He pointed the sword at the bush and waited.

"What a terrible spot to hide in, mate." At first, nothing happened. Then, after a few minutes of awkward silence, something fell out. A man? No... A woman. She started running.

She is wounded... something seems to have attacked her! Azriel noted before turning to the griffin..

"Allie, fly, stop her!" The griffon nodded and dashed forward. The boy went after her. She ran quickly, even though she was in a terrible condition. However, she tripped and fell, which slowed her down enough for them to catch up.

"What happened to you?!" Azriel said as he came to a halt, ducking low next to her and observing her wounds. The girl was scared so much that she was visibly shaking. "H-help..." She barely mouthed, attempting not to lose conciousness.

"Okay, just calm down. We'll find help. Any ideas, Allie?" Azriel asked as he took a better look at the wounds. Slashes, cuts and bruises... what the heck happened to this girl?

"Mmm... I saw a house nearby. We can bring her there - maybe they can help us."

"Alright... let's head out! It's better than standing here, in any case..." The demon spoke as he scooped the girl off the ground, one hand behind her shoulders and the other under her knees.

"Just hold on..." Azriel whispered as he ran forward, managing to spot the house behind a small group of trees.

"I see the house! Quickly, she's losing a lot of blood!"

"Shut up! You're the one who's flying with no extra weight!" Azriel shouted, trying to catch his breath as he approached the strange house. Well, if he could call it a house - it was mainly a hollow tree with a door-like piece, and there were... two foxes hopping in front of the door?

((I'LL DO IT! xd.png Though seriously, I'd be willing if you'd like. I'll just make another character tongue.gif))

((Try to get them to stop fighting. You don't want my characters to kill each other, do you? Or, at least, try to stop Libi from killing Callidus... Libi just went berserk.

Btw, that warriors thing on your sig, Polar, it's pure genius))

Edited by SoiledLove

((Yup, she's accepted. Thought I said that. My bad. And yeah, she can be a normal resident if you'd like. Anyways, anyone can try for Wade too. But he can be... difficult. Besides being about as talkative as a rock, he is mainly ruled by his animal instincts. Not like that's always a bad thing, but still...

Thanks biggrin.gif))

Edited by polaristar

((Mikio could try, but she'd have assume an older form. She looks ten at the moment...))

Rosalie hummed, skipping through the trees. She had come out to explore and she was so happy! She had slipped away, but she knew how to get back. Her Third Eye was a great ability to have, after all. She squealed suddenly, seeing a butterfly and chasing it, laughing. However, it wasn't long before she realized... "I-I'm lost!" Rose cried out, bursting into tears as she frantically used her Third Eye to look for the path back home. "Wah!!!"

((Cat and dog... not sure how well that would work.

And does anyone want me to make an OoC thread?))

((Yes, definitely, we're clogging up the thread with OoC posts...

Hate-love relationship? *shrugs*))

Time's up. The slow, calculated movements suddenly changed to quick and rapid gestures. Ren turned quickly on his heel, spinning around quickly. A small gesture from his left hand caused several knives to appear between his fingers. Shockingly enough, he did not aim to strike at the inhabitant of the bar but instead hurled the knives at several points about the room. One embedded itself in the base of the door, acting as a doorstop to prevent those inside from leaving. Another flew at the collection of alcohol behind the bar, shattering a few glasses and letting the booze splatter across the room. The third was quickly shifted to his right hand as he fixed his gaze on the infiltrators nearby. His orders were clear. He'd take no prisoners.

"You mistake me for another," Samuel replied as he stopped and glanced tiredly back at Shadow. The familiar voice was from the Reality but they did not have to worry about his betrayal. He had seen the light. "My alliance is known to you. I am returning from a mission, that is all. So step aside and let me pass. I would rather not have any trouble before I get back."

Hazel let out a sigh as the fight unfolded in front of her. "**** I can't stop this on my own, I need to get some help, no its too late." She thought.

She dematerialized and reappeared on Libeatque's back. "HEY LIBEATQUE, SNAP OUT OF IT." She yelled. "Libeatque, stop fighting l, just think about the ground casualties.

[ Another short post sad.gif ]

Lance had barely stepped on the sidewalk when Mist ordered him to stop.

"What is it?" He asked. Trouble in the forest. I heard some trees fall. We should go investigate. Lance nodded and the two ran for the forest. They heard Hazel shouting and followed her voice. A giant fox... thing... and Libeatque were fighting. Lance sighed. "Get back." He said. His form grew larger and stronger, and scaled grew over his skin. He had transformed into a dragon. He growled and grabbed the fox with his tail, pulling it away from Libeatque. "What is going on here?" He growled.

((Not even a chance to respond. Mana is open for a relationship if anyone wants to try swooning a bird girl. xd.png ))

Libeatque flared up in Hellfire, nearly burning Hazel, as he prepared to charge, again. Similarly, Callidus surrounded himself in Foxfire, waving off Lance's grasp, his tail moving through the other as if it weren't there... and they charged. But, just as they were about to collide, there was a poof of smoke and Callidus disappeared, reappearing right behind Hazel and draping his arms around her shoulders.

"Maa... Calm down everyone. I wasn't really going to fight Libi here. That would utter suicide. My foxfire is no match for such corrupted flames. I just like provoking Libi a bit too much..." Callidus said with a smile, but then had to jump off due to two strings of hellfire darting at him.

Libeatque whirled around, ignoring Lance. "Trash, I'll exterminate you..." He growled, eyes flashing red.

"Yare, yare... Don't you know it's a bad idea to give Libi more opponents? The more people fighting, the stronger he gets!" The fox called out, dodging another blast of fire. "Truce, truce! Okay?" He put up a hand in a gesture of universal peace, the other hand holding out a bottle gourd with the Japanese character sake.

Libeatque paused. "Junmai Daiginjo?" A nod. "Dry?" A nod. "Akita region?" A nod. "Akita Homare?" A nod. "Made in the traditional way? Crushed with holly, sealed and left at ten degrees for twenty five years?" A final nod. Libeatque abruptly did something that he had never did before. He stopped fighting, transformed back into human form and swiped the sake from Callidus' hands, landing on his cloud gracefully, sitting down and beginning to drink. "I'll let you off this time..." He muttered, savoring the sake.

"So," Callidus said, addressing the two others, "who might you two be?"

((Who knew... Libi has a love for certain kinds of sake. Or, rather, one kind

I keep envisioning Libi and Mana together for no reason at all...))

Edited by SoiledLove

Kerberos sat still for a moment, watching the liquid in his ninth glass curiously move around. He wasn't drunk - not at all, as his resistance practically nullified the effect of anything weaker than 30 years old - but it had seemingly caught his attention. At least, to the normal observer. To him, the only thing that existed right now was the figure in the corner.

"Give her the usual, then," he mouthed seemingly randomly, before the barman made a movement and took the bottle he had been using for his customer. With a quick movement, he had poured a moderate dosage, something with a usually strong kick, into a glass. Then, he slid it over, and Kerberos made it stop right in front of the young angel. The man started putting the bottle back in it's place... before it was suddenly pierced by a dagger.

Oh, the figure had moved. He had seen the way the man moved from the reflection on his glass, twisting quickly and throwing daggers seemingly randomly - however, his smart side had already noticed his targets and had managed to pick up what the man was trying.

Knife one - lands in front of door's edge, mainly used to try and stop inhabitants from leaving; Knife two - hits assembly of alcohol and pours liquor on the ground, which will most likely be used as a weapon later on; Knife three - on person; seems like a normal knife without a coating agent. The demon thought to himself before rising up and turning around. Many of the people were already panicking, with a couple managing to scramble past Ren and jumping out through the window, whilst the rest attempted to work the door open, failing to notice the dagger in the ground in their panic. They'd soon get it open, but it'd be much easier if they were to just take the metal piece out.

Meanwhile, Kerberos slowly applauded the man with the feathers before stopping, flashing a small grin toward the man before starting to speak.

"Finally... I was getting bored of waiting here. Then again, I haven't seen one like you - ready to destroy the place along with all the civilians and people inside. Oh, wait... maybe Reality respects your decisions because you're a 'special case'?" Kerberos spoke, then quietly laughed before looking toward his opponent.

"Let's get going, shall we?" He spoke out, before suddenly disappearing. In less than a moment, he was behind his target in a burst of red smoke, shiv in hand and attempting to slash at his opponent's weapon-wielding hand.

Edited by KuroKishi

Ren wasn't so easily baited by the words and the applause, though it was unusual that the man wasn't freaking out like the rest of them. Highly trained, then. That was lovely, he could get rid of a pesky one. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly before his head twisted around and he ducked to the side, narrowly avoiding the strike. That was quite the stereotypical move. Ducking automatically when a target disappeared tended to allow him to avoid those kind of strikes. It was textbook material and he would not be so easily fooled. "It was over before we started," He replied softly, more knives appearing within his left hand. Keeping his right armed, he flung more knives around the room from his left. One more struck the bottles while another shot between the mob's feet, embedding another knife in the base of the doorway. The final knife was thrown directly at his feet, landing on the floorboards between them. He had little care about slaughtering everyone in the building. It didn't concern him since he had killed much more before. Civilians didn't exist in war.

Lance transformed back into a human. He ran a hand through his hopelessly messy hair, sighing. "Just... try not to start any more fights, would you? We really don't need him rampaging around..." He said, turning. "C'mon, Mist. See ya, Hazel." He said, leaving as quickly as he came.

---------

Wade heard the commotion inside. And he knew for a fact that other than the two infiltrators, no one in there was able to protect themselves in the slightest. He snarled and kicked open the door, claws out and teeth bared. "How fun. A fight." He grunted, stalking silently around towards the man with the knives. Infiltrators could defend themselves, yes, but warriors could fight. He sneered, his lip lifting into a snarl, showing off his canines. He sniffed the air. The attacker smelled like fire and ash. Ah. A phoenix. "Wanna fight, little bird?" He growled, his ears flat.

---------

Abraham greeted G'thar. "Yes, Libeatque found three supposed Reality spies terrorizing a resident. I just need you to read their minds. Make sure they weren't brainwashed." He told him.

---------

Snowbell and Shadow stopped laughing when they smelled blood. Their heads jerked to a man carrying an injured girl. "BLOOD!" They squealed simultaneously, hopping in frantic circles before darting into Willow's house. "HURT GIRL!" Snowbell squeaked. "Blood everywhere!" Shadow exclaimed.