Polar

The Haven

"Okay..steady, steady... GOTCHA! HAHA!" A laugh echoed as the boy caught his target. It was so loud that all the birds around him flew away.

"Azriel! You crazy boy, leave my cat alone!" A wolf-man drinking his tea shouted as he angrily waved his fist at the young man.

A few meters away a tall teenager had grabbed a black cat and was now proudly smiling.

"I am sorry Hairy but I just saved your cat from certain death - you should have thanked me instead of shouting like a little girl! Stupid wolf..." said the boy, obviously annoyed by the man's reaction.

A few moments later, in the shadowy bushes, two glowing eyes suddenly appeared. Silent and deadly, the creature seemed to prepare an ambush. However, Azriel had sensed the movement and simply turned around, still holding the cat in his hands.

"Good try, Allie, but slow as always... I am not impressed.'' said the boy sharply, then continued slowly walking.

"B-but you cheated! I saw it! It isn't fair!" A griffon stepped out from the bush and said to the boy as he removed some leaves from his feathers.

"The amount of magic in the air proves it!" Allie said after cleaning itself up and starting to follow the boy.

"Shush! We are in a world of MAGIC, what do you expect? C'mon, I'm missing my chance to visit the bar that the crazy dude recommended before I stabbed him yesterday." Spoke Azriel enthusiastically as he walked onward.

''Uhh.. The Gipsy Witch?'' wondered the boy.''Ah, right! The Crimson Watch! A watch, and it's crimson!

"Don't change the subj-" Allie tried to say, however, Azriel didn't really care and continued on anyways. "Yes, yes, let's go already!"

"It was really boring. The bar looked nothing fancy. As any other, it had windows, a door-"

"Allie, are you talking to yourself again?'' Rudely interrupted Azriel, seemingly annoyed by this. "Stop describing, I don't have a whole week, c'mon!"

"You.. rude.. selfish..." Murmured the griffon staring daggers at the boy's back, who was already entering the bar. He was wearing his beloved black hoodie and red jeans. Forrest was with him too. Behind his back, the sword had probably went around the entire magic world.

"Hmm.. Not as fabulous as I expected it to be but.. yea.. I'm sure that I'll enjoy the visit." said the boy sarcatically. The bar was quite big, but the silence was unusual. All the men were obviously drunk.

"How pathetic." said Azriel to himself. Then, on the counter, he noticed a demon. He was sitting next to some weird guy. He was sure he had seen those two before. Then, he looked at the bartender. A smile appeared on Azriel's face. The bar man looked so bored that in a competition about boredom, he'd definitely place first.

Allie decided to not enter the bar because of the ugly cat-like woman standing just at the door. "What was she doing there? Stupid woman... Can't see that there is a whole bar with empty space behind her and she chose to sit at the entrance..." He grumbled as he sat outside, obviously bored.

Meanwhile, Azriel sat next to the demon, who looked like he was the centre of the Universe.

"A glass of water." He ordered sharply .

"Allie, what about you?'' He asked, but quickly reminded himself that he had chosen to remain outside for some reason. "Right, he isn't here... Well, more for me." He said to himself as he took the glass and placed it in front of him.

"Hey... I've seen you somewhere. Aren't you from the Infiltrator guys?'' He rather suddenly asked the black eyed demon, seemingly unnerved by his appearance. Then, he took a quick glance at the ceiling before turning his attention back to the man in front of him.

Wade inhaled and almost gagged, remembering why he hardly ever went into bars. The scent of old alchohol hit his sensitive nose, and he growled irritably. "Disgusting. Now I remember why I hardly ever went into bars." He growled again and picked at the counter with his claws. The sooner he left, the better. He wasn't sure how much more his nose - or he - could take.

Willow smiled at the two creatures. She opened her bag for them to put the vegetables inside. "Thank you for helping me pick them up. You two are a very interesting creature. My name is Willow. I'm pretty sure I'm human. Would you like to take a walk back to my home with me?" She asked.

"Ok!" The two agreed. "And you are certainly not human - or at least, not completely." Snowbell started. "You must have magic in your blood to enter the Haven - no human can get through the barrier Abraham made." Shadow finished. The watched Willow, their noses twitching. "You wouldn't happen to have a carrot or two in there, would you?" They asked, staring up at her with pleading, round, and impossibly cute eyes.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Kerberos found himself already surrounded on both sides by strangers.

Great, and all I wanted was a drink before getting some sleep... He thought to himself as he finished a second glass before setting it down on the counter. To his left, he had a wolf-like man who seemed to be taking it easy as he had chosen a refreshing beverage, whilst to his right, he had a young... fellow demon who was having a glass of water. Well, he had seen stranger things in his life, so Kerberos kept to himself as he downed a third glass and returned it to the bartender.

"Hey... I've seen you somewhere. Aren't you from the Infiltrator guys?" The young man to his right had suddenly said, making the demon turn slowly toward him. He stared at him for a second or two before nodding quietly, choosing not to express himself verbally before turning back to his glass. As he finished the fourth one in a row, Kerberos noticed the wolf man seemingly get irritated by something.

"Disgusting. Now I remember why I hardly ever went into bars." The man spoke out as shifted in his seat and clawed at the counter.

Ah, I see... most likely the alcohol got a bit overwhelming for his nose... I guess I'll cut it short this time around. The demon thought to himself as he passed the glass back over the counter, this time signaling the bartender to stop and turning toward the front.

"Sorry for irritating you, my friend. Then again, I can't exactly face you whilst apologizing because it'll be ten times as bad..." The demon apologized to the werewolf, then took a look of his surroundings. It seemed to be mostly the usual rabble and drunken patrons, trying to hit on some of the maids but getting stopped by their friends... at least, until his eyes focused on one of them. Though he didn't seem TOO unusual, he certainly was like a black feather in the snow - a cloaked figure, hiding it's face behind feathers, sitting to the side so that he was less noticeable and close to a window in case a quick escape was needed. Now that he recalled it, there was a description of a strange man with feathers being a spy in Haven from one of his rarer sources, but... was this man really that same person? And was the rumor actually real?

Better keep an eye on him. Not exactly spy material, but I've seen young kids and old people pose as them, so someone unusual like him may be just the thing I'm looking for. Kerberos thought as he turned around, making sure to still have a quick look the moment he was able to blend in with the shadows from the flickering lanterns.

Edited by KuroKishi

More people entering the bar did not cause Ren to look up, though he did listen carefully. Infiltrators? Well, at least they weren't Warriors. Warriors had a knack for actually being able to fight but Infiltrators were generally more squishy. Aside from the two men sitting near each other and those who had just arrived, every other patron was drunk. This was probably why he had been sent here in the first place; it was easy to slip in and easier to slip out. Alcohol loosened the tongue considerably and made it fairly simple to talk to people. That was why he avoided it, although it did tend to make his flames stronger. Well, it still wasn't exactly time yet.

His right hand moved onto the table and one of the long nails began to quietly tap. The sound was hardly able to be heard considering there was a descent rumble of voices in the bar already but Ren wasn't really focused on the drunken talk. His ears were more focused on looking out the window. Soon. Very soon. Then he would be able to carry out the rest of his mission instead of simply sitting in a bar, drinking hot tea.

Wade turned, his liquid gold eyes coming to rest upon a... He gingerly sniffed the air... ah! A demon. "Wasn't you." Wade grunted. "Just the general smell of a bar. Quite foul, really." He took a sip of his Coke, running his tongue over his sharp canines. He grunted drained his cup before paying. He scooped up Ryder so the little pup wouldn't get stepped on and made his way towards the door. He sniffed the air again. Wait. His wolf said. Wade paused. Sniff. Wade inhaled once more. Turn. The wolf ordered. He turned and his eyes fell upon a shadowy fellow in the corner. His sharp ears picked out the distinct tapping noise that was quite irritating. Trouble. Watch. His wolf growled again before disappearing. Wade shrugged and slipped out of the door, leaning against the wall. He'd watch. And wait. His instincts were hardly ever wrong.

Willow thought about what the creatures had said. She knew about Abraham's barrier, and how no humans could get through. She asked herself every day what she was. Thinking about how useless she was made her frown ever so slightly. She turned back to the creatures, in response to their question. "Oh, sure right here. There were only a few that I found. Here's one for each of you." She reached into one of the bags and pulled out two medium-sized carrots. In the wild, you weren't going to get much bigger than that. She handed them out to the spirit bunnies. By now, they were almost to the entrance of her house.

((Just thought I'd ask, are there any male characters that are looking for a relationship and/or children? This character is interested in something like that. smile.gif ))

His finger abruptly paused, poised over the top of the table. His gaze turned away from the window to instead look down. The tea he had been drinking was still warm and mostly filled but that did not stop him from gently reaching up to his long, dark cloak. The key to subtlety was to move in a calm and collected manner. He was very aware of the fact he was being stared at from afar and while it was annoying, he did not look or act upon it. Instead, he gently began unbuttoning the top of his jacket. No need to get it dirty. It was fireproof, certainly. But it was rather vulnerable to sharp attacks and he did not want to ruin another cloak. The method was crude but it worked, at least. A faint sigh escaped him as he calmly continued to undo the top of his jacket, revealing the top part of his chest. He did not remove it entirely but stopped at that point, gently pushing out his chair and standing.

((That's fine. And I really don't know about any other characters then mine, skidda. Lance and Hazel will be together eventually, and Wade can be kinda... difficult. But he roams the forests, so...)

Abraham stood and left his office, in search of a telepath. More specifically, in search of G'thar. A magical orb appeared in his hand. "Find G'thar." He told it. "And tell him that he is needed by Abraham." The orb buzzed and flew off.

-------

Snowbell and Shadow squeaked in delight, each grabbing a carrot and nibbling it. "Thanks!" They said.

After she handed the bunnies the carrots, she looked up. There was a shape in the distance. She put her hand over her eyes to shield the sun, and could faintly make out the outline of a dog. Her dog. Dog. The old hound was limping towards them, tongue hanging out of his mouth, leaving a trail of saliva. Willow rolled her eyes. She whipped the bags over her head, and ran to the dog. As she left, she waved to the bunnies, who were happily munching their carrots. If Dog was outside, that meant she had left her entrance unlocked and he had escaped. Dog couldn't close doors, so she knew she had to get home fast before anyone could get inside and steal something. She patted Dog on the head, and speed-walked to the hollow tree her home was under. Sure enough, the bark that acted like a door was hanging off to the side.

"Go on, Dog. Go in you derpy thing." She gently shoved Dog through the entrance, and climbed in behind him. She had a dirt staircase that led into the main room. The edges of the hallway were lit up by solar-powered lights. They were the only high-tech thing she owned. She flipped the light switch, and the room before her was revealed. Piles of little trinkets hid in dips in the walls, which acted like closets. The nice thing about living underground, was that you can expand your living space as much as you want in any direction. The kitchen and living room were part of a joint-room on the main level. Her bedroom was in a room off to the left. She had no doors in her house. Just holes where doors would be. She set the bags on the counter. Dog immediately ran into the living room, and laid down on one of her woven grass couches. He watched her put away the veggies. Her refrigerator was a hole in the wall surrounded by ice. Seemingly stone-age, but it did the job. She liked it. Her sink was made of carved marble, and she got her water from the river that ran near her home. It was a nice house, and she was proud to say that she had done it all by herself. She wouldn't trade it for the world.

((Arvin's character and Willow will be mates eventually. Willow is open for interaction any time smile.gif ))

Edited by skiddajane

((Heheh... No one can steal Libi's heart, it just ain't possible (or is it?)! Mikio might fall in love, but Callidus and Tsukiko are both too in love with their lifestyle to change

So, Hazel and Libeatque are going on a patrol? And they're going to find Samuel?

(Sheesh, this thing moves fast) ))

Libeatque hummed slightly as Tweety chirped the national anthem of China while sitting on his head. He was feeling lazy right now so he was sitting on his cloud as it moved to find Hazel. They were going on a patrol. He spotted her not far away and silently floated to come to a stop behind her. "Hazel Muller," he drawled, "it's our turn to go on a patrol."

((Hehe. I love Libi's personality, for some reason xd.png

Also, I got Wade's name from Deadpool, AKA Wade Wilson, from Marvel. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm like a huge Marvel fan tongue.gif

And why is it that I keep wanting to make more characters? I've already got four xd.png But seriously, I might make a female character, we need more females it seems. But whatever, I'll just wait and see.))

Edited by polaristar

((Hope you're still accepting for here is my sheet

Username: zakku_uchiha

Name: Mana Thorskii

Race: Avian

Allegiance: Haven

Class: Infiltrator

Companion: (only if you're Haven!)

Name - Zyto

Gender - Male

Species - Eagle

Appearance - Zyto

Personality: Mana is a quirky and energetic young avian, a common trait amongst her kind. She has no boundaries and isn't afraid to get into anybody's personal space. Yet, don't let this childish behavior fool you. When she's on the job, Mana is focused and can't be deterred.

History: (optional)

Supernatural Abilities: Invisibility and slight manipulation of the air, giving her sneaking capabilities a boost.

Appearance: Mana except, like her companion, Mana's feathers are black with only slight shades of blue at the tips.))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

Samuel finally slowed down as he reached the end of Haven's territory. He did not usually participate in border patrols himself but from what he had been told, he was approximately in the place were most border patrols stopped looking. Not officially, of course, it was mostly due to laziness. They were meant to patrol much farther but none did. He would probably be safe here and that was what was important. Slowing his place, he began to walk forward instead of run, conserving his energy for the trip back to Reality's headquarters. He'd report what he had found out and find out what he was to do next.

((Haha, Ren is going to be so much fun. I can't wait for that part to progress more.))

((Accepted, zakku. I can't see her picture, though smile.gif and when I saw Wade's picture, I'm like ohmygosh it's Victor Creed xd.png))

Snowbell and Shadow finished their carrots and hopped towards the entrance to Willow's home. "Into the rabbit hole." Shadow said gravely. Snowbell started giggling hysterically, followed by Shadow. So now there were two bunnies laughing hysterically outside of Willow's house.

That happens sometimes.

((Really? I can see it fine... hmm... Give me a second.))

((EDIT: How about now?))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

((I can see it now. And you can start whenever, I just won't be able to add your sheet 'till tomorrow. ))

((Alright, time to post then.))

Mana flew through the sky, Zyto gliding close by, scanning the land below. Not so much for any trouble, but for the instance when... Zyto suddenly swooped down, entering into a straight dive until he skimmed across the land. In his claws, the black eagle held a feisty rabbit that it would probably pick on later, but not while they were flying. Mana twisted in the air and allowed herself to fall before arching her back and using the momentum to shoot further into the sky and into the next warm air current.

"Zyto, how do you know that's not someone's companion every time you pick one up?"

"Child, you would know if it were somebody's companion. This is just a rodent, scouring the land in search of a hole to hide his treasure in. In return, I have a hole that needs filling as well."

Mana smiled and flipped around, backstroking through the air and then entering into a free fall. Just a few feet from the ground, she flipped around and landed softly on her feet, bending the air to her bidding and cushioning her landing.

"Do they speak like you and can I hear their voices?"

"I can hear their voices, so you need not concern yourself too much with my hunting. Of course, I could merely retort with your fishing. What if that were someone's companion that you snagged from the great waters?"

"Don't joke like that, otherwise I'll worry about whether to eat the delicious fish or toss it back in."

Zyto made a couple of clicking noises with his beak, his variation of laughter, before taking off from his one-legged perch.

"Continue your patrol, my partner, I'm going to fill myself and rest until this evening's patrols. I'd recommend doing the same when you get the chance."

Willow went back up the stairs to let the two bunnies inside. "Whoops, I'm sorry. I had to make sure my house was alright. You can come inside, but please be careful with the furniture." She led them down the stairs. "So what's a pair like you doing all the way out here in the woods?" She asked, sitting down next to Dog. Dog lifted his head, and let out a short wheeze before curling up next to her and falling asleep again.

G'thar was bent over a metal rod, using molecular manipulation to carve strange tangled lines into it's surface when a knock came from the door. With a wave of his hand, he opened it and allowed the small orb to drift in. "Abraham wishes to see you." It said in a chimeli voice. "Very well..." The Illithid stood up. No doubt there was some poor soul he had to interrogate, hopefully this one would not resist and end up in a coma. Following the orb to Abraham, he spoke. "Allow me to guess. Some one did something wrong and you need me to poke around in their head for a bit?"

((Sorry for not posting but today was my first day back at school and I had sport training afterwards))

Ariel walked into a bar that was located in Haven. She didn't usually go to places like these because people could tend to get a bit wild and crazy for her liking but there was nothing to do and she was bored. As she entered the foul stench of alcohol and wine hit her nose, she gagged upon the scent. As she walked further into the bar a slight movement caught her attention from the corner of her eye. As she walked towards the it, Ariel could sense that it was a demon. "Well well well, fancy seeing a demon here." she said to the demon. As she looked around him she saw that he was without a companion. Istalri was currently outside in the sun, having a nap, so maybe his companion was doing something like that or maybe he just didn't like animals.

~~~

Shadow was silently creeping up on the man named Samuel. He had seen him around before and was curious on why he was so close to Haven territory. Shadow had heard quite a lot about Samuel, or 'Sam', he formerly belonged to Haven but changes sides. Shadow didn't really know why Samuel went over to their side but he found that Sam looked nothing more than a mere insect and insects were nothing more than entertainment to him. As Samuel stopped running Shadow stepped out from where he was hiding. "Samuel, isn't it? Why are you so close to Haven borders? Have you finally decided to betray Reality?"

~~~

Aquarius was currently sitting in a random bar that was way too noisy for her liking. Stinger was currently resting on her shoulder, eating a spider that he recently just caught. "Hey Aqua!" said her little friend, Why don't you try some of this spider that I caught? It's really nice and crunchy, I'm sure you'd love it." I laughed at what Stinger just said, "You're such a weirdo Sting, how in the world am I going to like eating a spider?" Stinger looked down at his meal with sad eyes, "I was just wondering, no need to be so mean about it!" he whined. I laughed, what a weird companion I have.

Edited by 0023567467

[ Can't stop imagining Abraham as Dumbledore >_> ]

Hazel kept walking endlessly Searching for Libeatque. She was interrupted by him calling to her from behind. "Yeah I know, I was searching for you, anyway let's go." She said

"Oh ummm Libeatque, do you know anything about those three spies."" She said. "I asked Abraham and he said he didn't know." She frowned.