Polar

The Haven

Akane

Akane followed behind the two quietly. I wonder where the hostage could be. I guess I'll go into a disguise and squeeze it out from people. Akane changed what they saw her as to a male with brown hair and ripped up jeans along with a red worn out shirt. "Do you think I should go with this..." She took a minute to let them see "or this..." She turned into a girl with ginger hair and a blue dress. She thought both had their ups and downs, she just couldn't choose between them. Izumi was about to tell Akane what she thought would be the best one but she didn't want to hear a lecture on both of the disguises so she shushed her.

Willow knew something was different about him. Completely falling for his trick, she spoke. "I'm sure you will like it in The Haven. I don't personally know many people who live there, as I'm a bit secluded from everyone. You may have to build your own home. What I DO know, is that The Haven is short on pre-built residencies. It's not all that uncommon. If you let me go, You can become a part of Haven, I will go back to my own home, and we will part ways and hopefully never have to see each other again. Willow was sure that Shadow wasn't even remotely interested in her for any reason, now that he had discovered that she provided no informational value to him. Living on the outskirts of Haven had actually turned out to be a good thing. She longed to return home, have a nice bath, clean her house, and settle back into her normal routine of playing with Dog, walking the woods in search of items in which to decorate her house, and tending her tree as well as her home underneath it. It was a simple lifestyle, but she loved it. No one to bother her, or to take care of. Just her and Dog.

Willows attention turned back to Shadow. "I'm sure Wade and Abraham are out looking for me. I can explain to them the newly-turned situation, and they will let you live in Have with minimal consequences. Do we have a deal?"

Shadow was jumping with joy inside of himself but he kept his emotions locked away. "You have a deal there although, you think that Abraham will really let me stay in Haven? I'm not really on his good side though since he did kick me out of Haven before." he said sheepishly. I love it how my plans always work. Maybe when I get accepted again I could fight Wade, as in a friendly rematch. "Where I live won't be a problem. I do have a little sister named Ariel Skylar although she doesn't even know I exist so it may take a while in convincing her that I'm her brother. So, since you said your little friends from Haven will probably want to rescue you why don't we just wait until they find us? I'm sure they won't want to have a dramatic entrance and everyone from the Reality would try and kill me if they found out I was switching sides."

Willow listened to Shadow. "I think we should leave as soon as possible. I would, at least, prefer as little confrontation as possible. We could still catch them if they haven't gone too far. She looked at Shadow, more urgency in her voice. "Let me go." She insisted.

"I guess I could just morph into my shadow form but then there's the problem of getting you out. Oh I know! I'll tell the guards of this place that the Reality leader wants to see you so then I can break you out of this hell hole without any suspicions." without waiting for Willow's reply Shadow leapt up and dashed out of the dungeons. He quickly made his way towards the Reality's leader and explained the whole situation to him in a matter of minutes. "Very well Shadow. I expect for you to see Vitya while you're there and see what his progress is." Shadow nodded his head and swiftly made his way back to the dungeons. "Ready to be set free?" he asked Willow teasingly as he broke the jail cell bars.

Willow rolled her eyes. "No, I would love to stay here and be a prisoner for an indefinite amount of time while the Reality slowly tortures me." She said sarcastically. She stepped out of the cage after Shadow broke the bars. "Where now?" She asked, resuming a serious tone.

Shadow smirked, "Touché." he quietly walked passed all of the guards in the dungeons, no one bothered to stop him or question him on why he was helping a prisoner escape. They were all under direct orders from the Reality leader to help the girl escape and return to Haven. Once they had gotten out of the dungeons Shadow grabbed Willow by her waist and started flying her back to Haven. "Does this seem familiar to you?" he asked the girl. "Last time I did this you were unconscious but now you truly know what it's like to be able to fly and soar higher than the birds."

Willow let the air flow around her and Shadow as they flew through the sky. "This is..Amazing." She said, breathlessly. She looked over the surrounding terrain. "There! She pointed. "I see Wade, and some other people? Wade!! Wade!" She shouted. She could make out a few figures besides him in the dense forest. "Shadow, lets land here." She said, motioning towards the ground.

Wade stopped and his head shot up. He could have sworn someone had called his name. Did you hear that? He asked Ryder. Yes. It sounded like Willow. Ryder yipped, confused. Wade tilted his head towards the sky, his sharp eyes immediately pinpointing Willow and someone else flying. "Oh. My. Gosh." He growled, surprised. It took a lot to surprise Wade, so to do so was no small feat. "How..." He murmured, sniffing the air. Wade stiffened. "It's that Reality scumbag that took Willow in the first place." He snarled in anger over not being able to do anything.

Shadow narrowed his eyes at Wade, seething with jealousy. Why does she even care for the little dog man? I'm the one who brought her back to Haven. Wait...what!? More importantly why should I even care about this? Shadow mentally slapped himself to get rid of all the unnecessary thoughts before proceeding to land where Willow told him to. He released the girl he was holding and landed on the ground with her. As he stopped to look at the rescue party he momentarily froze.

~~~

Ariel was grumbling to herself. Ever since they started to go on this rescue mission Wade's been nothing more than an annoying pest. He kept on telling her to do this and then that. Ariel was sick of him commanding her around. Ariel looked up towards the sky when she heard a girl screaming out Wade's name. "So is that the girl of your dreams, Wade?" Ariel said teasingly. As she walked towards where the girl had been dropped off by another angel she couldn't help but think how familiar he looked. The other angel froze when he saw her. What had she done wrong? After a while he seemed to go back to normal and surveyed the group with suspicious eyes.

Wade rolled his eyes, growling slightly. "No." He said sourly, stalking towards the two. "Why'd you come back?" He snarled, grabbing the fallen angel with a clawed hand and shoving him away from Willow. "Did you decide that she was of no use?" He asked, tilting his head with a smirk. "Turns out the little 'puppy dog' was right." His mouth raised into a sneer. "Here's the deal. You can leave now without a problem, or I rip out your intestines and use them as a rope." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Your choice, bird boy."

-------

Abraham frowned. "What's taking Wade so long?" He asked himself. "He's usually quite fast with these sort of things."

Shadow fell onto the floor when Wade pushed him. He pushed himself off up the ground and brushed away some invisible dirt on his shoulders. "For your information my wings look nothing like a birds. Secondly, I hate to admit it but you were right. Willow here knew nothing and so I apologize for my brash intentions and lastly, I'm afraid to say but I will not be leaving unless your leader states otherwise. Please refer to Willow for more information as I do not wish to speak to little doggies like you."

Wade shrugged indifferently. "Look like bird wings to me. A raven, perhaps?" He asked with a smirk. "You can speak to Abraham if you'd like. Because I believe the feeling is mutual. So come on, feather-dude, I'll take you to him. Not willingly, of course, but sometimes people just have to man up." He said with a shrug, grabbing his arm and pulling him along. Seeing Abraham, Wade barked: "Abraham! We've got a guest."

-------

Abraham, having heard Wade's words, turned. His mouth tugged into a frown when he saw who Wade was tugging along behind him. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Shadow Skylar." He said, walking towards the two. He looked at Wade with a raised eyebrow. "Where'd you find him?" Wade smirked. "Well, actually, he's the one who kidnapped Willow. Brought her back 'cause she didn't know anything, like I said," Wade started, giving Shadow a pointed look, "and so he wanted to come see you. So I didn't get to rip out his intestines and use them like a rope." Wade said, looking disappointed. Abraham chuckled slightly. "Well, Shadow, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"I would prefer if I could talk to you alone if that's alright." growled Shadow while looking at Wade with hate in his eyes. I can already see that him and I won't be the best of buddies. ARRHHH! Just the very thought of him makes me want to destroy the nearest object or person.

~~~

I looked at the other angel in surprise. He had the same last name as me but how? Maybe he's just a distant relative or something, yeah that's it. I know that I have a very complicated family tree so it wouldn't be surprising if we were cousins or something along the lines of that. I could tell that Istalri was getting bored and I couldn't blame her. "This is probably the worst day of my life." complained the white dragon. "Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I didn't even get to punch up some bad guys. Maybe I should go to the training centre, it'll help me fuel off some energy." Istalri nodded her head wearily before closing her eyes and taking a little nap.

Willow quickly jumped out of the way as Wade attacked Shadow. Her first instinct was to stop him, but she held back. Shadow deserved a good toss onto the ground fr what he had done. After the two quarreled for a bit, Wade forcefully took Shadow back to Abraham. Seeing Shadow walk off with Abraham, Willow took the opportunity to talk to Wade. She almost wanted to hug him. She didn't of course. "Wade, you were coming back for me!" She said, smiling. She looked back at the ground. "You didn't have to.." She said. "But as you can see, I'm perfectly capable of defending myself. Shadow agreed to let me free if I could convince Abraham to let him live in The Haven..." She noticed the girl with him, for the first time. She looked at her momentarily, not really giving her much thought. Her main focus was Wade. But her thoughts soon shifted back to Shadow...Good God, you're not emo. Stop thinking about him. Stop. Not the bad guy. Anyone but the bad guy. The one who could have been torturing you... She thought to herself.

Wade frowned. "Of course I was going to come for you. A wolf never leaves a member of his pack behind." He paused for a moment. "Besides, do you really think I would just leave you there to rot with that... that... angel?" He asked in disbelief. "Anyways, you should get back to your home. I could take you, if you'd like?" He said. Where did that come from? Wade wondered, mentally facepalming. Ryder snorted in amusement. Oh, shut up. He snapped. Sorry. But I'm not the one with horrible social skills along with a rather bloody track record and no previous attachment to any member of the opposite sex. Wade sputtered for a moment before choosing to not respond to the pup's statement.

----------

Abraham led Shadow away from the others. "Shadow, you should know that I want to trust you. I really do. But kidnapping a member of the Haven and then having a sudden change of heart really doesn't add up. You can see that from my standpoint, can't you?" Abraham was silent for a moment, thinking. "Even if I did let you back, I couldn't trust you with any information. You know why. But I will give you a chance to explain yourself, so I suggest that you start talking."

Edited by polaristar

"I fully understand the position that I am in right now and why you wouldn't just accept me with open arms. The capture of Willow was an order from the Reality's leader. He wanted me to get someone that wasn't too close to Haven yet knew about what you guys were planning or up too. Oh, and about that phoenix incident that happened a few days ago, I fully apologize about that. Now where was I? Oh yeah, when I was talking to Willow down in the dungeons she kind of...I don't know how to explain this but...kind of made me realize who I truly was, if you get what I mean. Throughout my whole life I've thought that Fallen Angels were supposed to be harsh, they were supposed to not care what other people thought of them but Willow made me realize that that isn't entirely true. I have a chance in life that will allow me to become an angel again and not be known as 'fallen' and I'd do anything I can to make that happen." Shadow was almost about to puke himself. All those words he said were a complete fat lie but he had to, otherwise the Reality's leader will punish him for not completing the job. Ugh, all those words that I just said makes me sound like a cute innocent bunny waiting for a carrot.

Willow smiled and accepted Wades offer. "Sure, you may walk me home if you'd like." She said. She gazed over to where Shadow and Abraham were. They were a good 20 yards away, but she could already see Shadow becoming frustrated. Perhaps Abraham will not let him into Haven after all..I wonder if Shadow will kidnap me again for not keeping "my" end of the deal... She thought.

((Were the interactions between Wade and Ryder telepathic, or were they actually talking? Just asking.))

(( Well, a couple of us are just waiting for a skip or something, but I guess I can post something up tomorrow. ))