Polar

The Haven

"Ooh!" Rosie squealed with adoring eyes, even though she didn't really understand what they were talking about. "Cool!" She looked around. "Er... Where are we?" She asked, tilting her hae to one side curiously.

Shadow angrily wiped the tears away from his face and stood up like nothing had happened. "It's alright, you don't need to apologize. I don't want your pity." He was about to leave when he felt a bit sorry for leaving Willow chained up like that. He broke the chains restricting her from moving with his shadows and left. As he exited the dungeons he mentally growled in his head. What the heck? Why am I suddenly acting all soft and caring? Ugh, that girl will be the death of me, I swear.

As he flopped down on his bed, not bothering to cover himself in his sheets he couldn't seem to get a certain girl out of his mind. He angrily rolled over and punched his pillow. How am I, the great Shadow Skylar, worried about some lowly girl? Am I really not as evil hearted as I thought I was?

Willow watched as the angel unchained her, and left. The door to her cage was still locked, but she was at least able to move about freely. She wondered when he would return. If he returned at all. Willow felt the hard ground beneath her. It was really cold. She couldn't help but think of him. If anything, he was her only chance out of here. She could see something in him. Some sort of inner conflict. She compared him to that of a crab. A tough, sturdy shell, surrounding an otherwise vulnerable , rather adorable creature. She stopped thinking for a second. No, not adorable. Just vulnerable. My only escape.

Akane

Akane sat with Izumi at her side. She looked around satisfied. Everything was peaceful, the wind swiftly blew her hair to the side. She felt a strange poke, it continued for a while She jumped up and remembered that she dosed off. Akane hadn't heard of anything that has happened yet so she figured all was peaceful. Izumi was poking her with a claw. She got rather mad but eased up not being able to stay mad at the winged creature. She stretched and looked around remembering her boredom. She got up and started to walk around. It's so boring here! Nothing seems to be going on. Well maybe I'll hear word of some excitement She thought. She was itching for something to do even though she new she needed to be patient about it.

As I walked along the path I could see the Angel Councillors looking down at me. They were all leering and shouting rude things as I walked by. I didn't care about what they thought of me, as long as I have my family then everything would be alright. As I stood in front of the leader of the Angels I bowed my head in respect. "Shadow Skylar, from this day forth you are here by banished from the Angel Kingdom. If you ever set foot in these lands then you shall be executed upon sight." I looked at our leader in fear. What had I done wrong? I looked at my family with pleading eyes but they just turned their backs away from me with disgust. As I was thrown out of the kingdom and proclaimed a Fallen Angel I saw a bright light walking towards me. As it walked closer it turned out to be that Willow girl. As I walked closer to her Wade jumped out of no where and stabbed her in the stomach.

Shadow woke up trembling, his eyes dilated in fear. "It was just a dream, just a stupid dream." he kept on telling himself. Actually, he had been having the same dream for months now although the last bit with Willow and Wade in it was new. He rolled out of his bed and started putting his usual attire on. As he walked down towards the dungeons to check up on Willow he stopped, Why am I even here? he asked himself. He just shrugged his shoulders, not knowing the answer to his own question, and proceeded down towards where Willow was.

Tsukiko was suitably startled when the other attacked. She had thought he was under her Allure. How stubborn of him to still be fighting against her... She duck the first, but the second collided with her chest and she was sent back. This guy was way to much trouble to seduce. She growled slightly, getting up. "Well, it was nice playing with you, but, I've got to run. Places to go, people to meet," she said, shrugging casually and hiding the flinch from the pain in her back. She opened her wings and took off. Honestly, that guy really was too strong-willed. She'd have to try and catch him off guard next time.

Wade showered and changed his clothes, not bothering to get any rest as he wasn't tired. He stalked back to Abraham purposefully. "Now. You were talking about a search party?" Abraham blinked in surprise. "Ah, yes. You'll go, obviously. I want another warrior with you along with an Infiltrator. Akane, perhaps, if you think you can find her?" He asked. Wade nodded and loped off with a puppy-sized Ryder at his heels.

Wade followed Akane's scent. He was so focused that he accidentally ran right into her. He backed up quickly, looking at her apologetically. Then he said four words he'd never thought he'd say. "I need your help." Yeah. It astonished him, too.

Akane

Akane looked at him surprised. "You need my help? Well ok but I never thought you'd actually tell that to me. So what are we going to be doing?" She asked. Izumi Walked out from behind her and jumped up onto her head. Akane made herself look like and ordinary girl with curly blonde hair blue jeans and a white T-shirt. "Is anyone else coming along?" She asked as she grabbed the cat like creature of her head and put her onto the ground. All while staring at wade never breaking focus.

Wade sighed heavily. "Yeah. A rescue mission. And some other Warrior." He said vaguely. Wade noticed that she just kept staring, never breaking eye contact. Which made him wanma go all alpha dog and show her what her place was. But with extreme self-control he held himself back, fidgeting slightly. "Lets go." He grunted, walking back towards Abraham.

((Does anyone want their characters to go with Wade and Akane? If not I'll just send Lance.))

Akane

Akane noticed a bit of anger. She was confused as why. I thought I was being polite... Guess not. Maybe it was something I said or did? She walked along with Wade and went into stealth mode. She wondered who would be coming along. "Were is this going to take place or are we going to have to find it?" She asked.

Willow couldn't fall asleep. But then again, it wasn't more than 2 hours before she heard footsteps once more. She looked up, but couldn't see much in the dim light. "Fallen angel?" She asked in the darkness. She was sure it was him. She hated referring to him as "fallen angel", but she didn't know his name. She stood up, and pressed against the cage bars. Now that her shackles were no longer on her wrists and ankles, she could cross her arms. She did so.

(Can Ariel come? She's just sleeping right now.)

Shadow rolled his eyes. 'Fallen Angel' wow. Couldn't she of just said something like 'Awesome Angel'? Oh well, it doesn't really matter since she didn't even know his name anyway. "It's Shadow, Shadow Skylar." he sat down next to the cell where Willow was and started making light conversation with her. "So I've heard that you live in Haven but don't have any magic ability or powers. Aren't humans not allowed to cross into Haven? Surely you must have some magic talent or superpower."

Willow nodded at his knowledge of her. "Yes, I live in the Haven, but I don't have any abilities that I know of. I'm not an elf, I'm not a fairy, not a mutant, mage, sprite, or anything that I could think of. It's rather depressing if you ask me." She looked at the ground again, before speaking once more. "How did you fall? Why are you kidnapping useless women for answers they don't have? And why are you even bothering to talk to me right now.." Her voice was hushed, and sincere. Edited by skiddajane

Kerberos' smirk widened as he spun around quickly, his knee managing to make contact with her body after the second quick move he had made. This kick type was mostly about dealing blunt damage, which wasn't as hard on one's body like a sharp knife between the ribs, but the internal damage to her ribcage and possibly to an organ would certainly be there, so she'd probably have to back out and suffer more in the long run. Thankfully, his hit had sent the succubus back, and when she rose up, she shared a couple of sentences before extending her wings and starting to fly off.

"See you later, vixen!" Kerberos yelled out casually in a snarky manner, watching the other demon leave, before he was sure she was at a good distance. Shutting his eyes, the demon dropped to his knees before falling down on the ground, way too tired to act and his legs aching heavily.

I was just about that close to losing against a succubus... a succubus! A higher demon, one who escaped the Dark Realm to join Earth with his power, was almost bested by hell's equivalent of a wench?! His thoughts ran through as he placed a hand on his stomach, attempting to breathe and focus. His eyes slightly widened as he continued thinking, panic seeming to strike blows at his crushed pride. At first, it looked like he would suffer from a panic attack, before he suddenly inhaled, holding his breath in. He could hear his heart beating and could concentrate - and having done so, he softly exhaled, now seemingly calmer.

No... she is definitely not of that level. She may still use those methods, but her power is most definitely fitting of a higher demon. He finally came to a conclusion as his breath caught up, watching the soft soil under his head. With a pained grunt, his hands applied force on the ground, causing him to slightly rise. Then, he got to his feet, looking slightly wobbly because of how they hurt and how much times he'd teleported but still very much alive.

"I need a drink..." He grumbled slightly, starting his long trek back toward the city, feeling too bad to try and use his power to get back quicker. Oh well - he hadn't walked properly in quite some time, so this would be some good exercise...

Wade sighed, stopping. So the female just wouldn't shush. He gave her a sharp glare. "That's what yer for." He grunted. "Yer gonna lead us to the Reality base, and then we're gonna kick some Reality butt and rescue a resident. Does that answer all of yer questions?" He asked, sounding slightly annoyed. He knew that females were curious, but seriously? They had a job to do. Without waiting for an answer he stalked away, following his almost invisible trail back to Abraham.

((Sure, that works 002.))

Edited by polaristar

Akane

Akane stared at him shocked. "Yes," she said looking away "that does." She turned invisible trailing behind him nonexistent. I was just wondering if they already knew where the hostage was why did he have to be so rude. Izumi looked up at her and then back towards Wade. She kept a steady pace with both of them. Since her and Akane had a special connection she knew exactly where she was and kept close to her. Watching everything around her. The cat let out a huff and continued on. Those two don't seem to get along. This is going to take forever.

"I was banished from the Angel Kingdom after our leader deemed me not worthy enough to hold the title of an angel. He said that I was too violent and mean to other people and angels weren't supposed to be malicious. After I attempted to murder a village of innocent people I was exiled from the kingdom and wasn't allowed to return. Now before you ask about why I tried to kill people who were nothing more than insects well, I was bored you could say. At that time I found it fun to torture people even if they had done nothing wrong to me." Shadow didn't know why he was telling Willow this but he just did and hated himself for doing so. "Now for your second question, how am I supposed to know that you didn't have any information about Haven? I was contemplating whether I should torture you right now or just leave you to die but I've decided on neither. I don't know why but I just like talking to you, it just keeps my mind away from wandering."

~~~

Ariel woke up with a start, "Istalri!" she shouted, "How long have I been asleep for?" the large white dragon opened up one of her eyes and replied in a bored tone. "How am I supposed to know? I was sleeping just like you." Ariel rolled her eyes and quickly jumped out of bed. "Come on Istalri, we need to get up! We've been sleeping long enough and I want to see what's happened with the phoenix incident." Istalri grumbled something about eating little children who wake her up. As the dragon and angel walked along the path towards where Abraham currently was they bumped into two people. Ariel fell down onto her but and looked up to see the annoyed face of Wade and another girl who she hadn't met before. "Ow!" she whined. "Watch where you're going dog!" she snapped at Wade, angry that he had made her fall over.

Akane

Akane let out a chuckle and turned off invisibility. She wondered how this was going to turn out. She reached down a hand to the girl and said. "Watch out with this one he already seems to be angry with me. He's probably going to take his claws out soon." She said knowing that was going to spark up something. Izumi was worried hoping that Akane didn't cross the line. Sure she liked to be sarcastic but Wade seemed to be in a bad mood and not one to mess with. On the other hand it probably didn't offend him and he'll just be annoyed.

Ariel looked at the other girls hand before taking it and helping herself up. "Thanks." she said in a quiet tone. The angel looked towards Wade and raised an eyebrow at his impatience. "So...where are you two going?" she asked trying to make conversation.

Wade let out a roar of anger at being called a dog. Sure, he could take insults from Reality, but from Haven? He was NOT a happy camper. He snarled at her, his ears flat. "Dog?!" He snarled, his voice dangerously low and oozing with venom. Ryder yipped a warning. Relax. Don't show dominance over one who is obviously under you anyways. Taking Ryder's advice, he reluctantly backed down, but not before giving the girl a death glare. "If you must know, we're going to see Abraham. We're about to go on a rescue mission." He growled, stalking away.

Ariel cracked a smile at Wade's anger being the immature angel she is. "Hey it's alright Wade. You can't get angry at me for telling the truth I mean, you are a type of dog since you have all these wolf thingamajigs and stuff." Istalri face palmed at her partners stubbornness and idiocy. "Ariel, I don't think you should've said that. Wade is that kind of guy who gets angered easily and doesn't really like people so you should always be polite to him." Ariel nodded her head in understanding. "Yes, you're right Istalri. Wade does seem like the kind of person who doesn't like company. I'm going to apologize and then maybe we could go on this rescue mission with them. That way I can finally beat up someone! "Look, I'm sorry Wade for what I said earlier. It's not my fault that you have socializing issues. Now down to the serious matters, can I please accompany you on this rescue mission? It sounds like fun!" Ariel gave Wade her best puppy eyes and even started pouting for a dramatic effect.

Wade stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow at the angel's childish antics. "Now listen here, pup." He started. "You may accompany us, if you do exactly as I say. Ya understand?" He asked gruffly, his eyes glittering. His packmates (which consisted of those he knew in Haven, which wasn't too many) needed to learn their place. He was the alpha wolf and if they were wise, then they'd listen to him. If not... well, let's just say he'd teach them a lesson that they wouldn't soon forget.

Edited by polaristar

Ariel looked at Wade with a blank look on her face. Hmm...either I stay at home and get fat by watching TV and eating chips or be bossed around by a man who thinks he's better than anyone else but be able to beat up bad guys in the process. I'll go with the latter. "Fine." said Ariel in a stoic voice. "As long as I get a fight then I'm happy." she walked passed Wade with an expressionless face on, continuing down the path where the other two people were heading. It looks like Ariel's in her 'emo' mode. I liked it better when she was all happy and cheerful. One of the ups and down of having a split personality. thought Istalri as she watched her closest friend show no emotions.

Willow listened intently to Shadows story. She felt right bad for him. Willow could tell he didn't like what he had done in the past, although it appeared that he still retained some of that personality. She was mostly grateful that he wasn't torturing her. ''I won't question you any further on your violent habits, but I will thank you for talking to me about yourself. I'm not one whom a lot of people tend to open up to. If it keeps your mind from wandering, then I guess I should be thankful. I suppose you expect me to return the favor.

I don't know when or where I was born. I have no idea if I'm even fae at all... As I said before, I don't have any abilities of unnatural aspects about me. I feel very human.. I live on the outskirts of The Haven, near the border of the Human Realm. My home is that tree you found me near. I live underground with my pet dog, Dog. Gosh, which reminds me, I have a very large blood pool that's probably stained my carpet after this long period of time.'' Willow frowned, then continued talking. ''I don't have any information to offer you.. I haven't spoken to another resident of The Haven in my entire life, except for today. It was a very strange day.. I exchanged little more than 5 words with a Wolf-man, and met a pair of small Yin-Yang spirits. None of which we spoke, was related to Haven's plans. Not everyone goes around discussing ways to overthrow the Reality, you know. We're just simple common people. I won't be of any use to you. If you let me go now, at least at this point in time, I cannot exchange any information with the Haven. You haven't told me any plans, or valuable information, and I don't even know the location at which I'm at. If you would just knock me out, and fly me back to my home, this can all be over..'' She pleaded with him.

Shadow studied Willow for a long time. She was no use to him anymore since she had no information about Haven but the fact still remains that Wade or some other Haven member would come and attack the Reality without a seconds notice. This has gotten more complicated than I thought. There's a 94% chance that Haven will strike out at the Reality in less then 3 days. Haven wouldn't stand a chance against the Reality but there's no guarantee in that. If I could perhaps try and persuade Willow that I've turned good again and want to atone for my sins by joining Haven and defeating the 'bad guys' then maybe I can get more information about Haven. Oh and I can also see Vitya while I'm at it as well. I heard that he was sent to go and infiltrate Haven as well. Now, it's time to start acting!

Shadow sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Haven sounds like such a nice place unlike the Reality. Every single day we're ordered around like pieces on a chess board by the Reality's leader. It sounds nice to be able to relax and take a break once in a while. I haven't been able to experience what life's like in a long time. It's all about being the strongest in the Reality. Our leader doesn't tolerate slackers or laziness. I wish I was able to live out my life like you Willow. It'd be so much easier and relaxing, not to mention less stressful."