Wallie987

Caterpillar Cave

I just realized that you have a grammar mistake that's basically everywhere- there should be a space before parentheses, which you don't use in the starting guide.

I'll get that fixed...

Sorry if that's the hassle :C

I really love this site, the artwork is adorable and the stats make the creatures more unique and alive.

Another suggestion: How about a way to view caterpillars that you haven't clicked before? It gets really annoying when the player is trying to earn money and keeps getting repeats.

And maybe a way for users to submit their own art would be fun? Or maybe have their own caterpillar shops?

Sorry if that's the hassle :C

I really love this site, the artwork is adorable and the stats make the creatures more unique and alive.

Another suggestion: How about a way to view caterpillars that you haven't clicked before? It gets really annoying when the player is trying to earn money and keeps getting repeats.

And maybe a way for users to submit their own art would be fun? Or maybe have their own caterpillar shops?

Not at all - typos need to be fixed, so thanks for pointing it out. :3

By submitting your own art, are you referring to customs? I have a custom system up, but as of now, I'm doing the drawing... I can definitely consider.

As for the user shops, you can trade caterpillars for currency(though it can get a bit difficult) and making the shops would be a PAIN in the neck. However, I would love this and I'll see what I can do once I get things settled. smile.gif To be honest, I really wasn't expecting this positive of a response within the first few days of site advertising - but hey, who's complaining? xd.png

Also, with the first customs coming in, I apparently need to tweak the breeding page real quick! Please excuse any strange "things" that may pop up for a while on there!

Also, in the dreamery, "original line art" at the bottom of the description for all of them says "orginal lineart".

Also, in the dreamery, "original line art" at the bottom of the description for all of them says "orginal lineart".

Wow, you're good at catching typos... O.o I didn't notice any of that before.

You want to know where you'll probably find the most? In the national library, I really rushed a lot of the documents because I have to meet my deadline for the site's release. :3

Haha, I might go and check it out when I have the time.

Okey dokey! XP

Breeding is now working again!

I haven't checked out the library yet (I'll do that later, when I'm filthy rich x)) but a common mistake I notice is that you confuse "it's" and "its". In descriptions, when the proper word is its, there's an incorrect apostrophe. Also, there's a slash before the apostrophe for some reason?

I haven't checked out the library yet (I'll do that later, when I'm filthy rich x)) but a common mistake I notice is that you confuse "it's" and "its". In descriptions, when the proper word is its, there's an incorrect apostrophe. Also, there's a slash before the apostrophe for some reason?

I'll fix those - I know when to use its and it's, so I'll go through and check...

Also, I'm looking into the "/" problem.

Sorry if I'm overloading you with typos and errors like that ^^;

At the Daycare page, the description says "CurrentLevel" as opposed to "Current Level". I'm pretty sure this is a typo or something?

Speaking of the Daycare page, the images, even when it's the exact same breed, don't line up. It looks a lot better if they do. It also looks better if each caterpillar is given their own, individual space that's exactly identical to the others.

------

About eggs, maybe don't give them stats, genders or personalities until they hatch? It's kind of weird to have an egg with a personality.

Sorry if I'm overloading you with typos and errors like that ^^;

At the Daycare page, the description says "CurrentLevel" as opposed to "Current Level". I'm pretty sure this is a typo or something?

Speaking of the Daycare page, the images, even when it's the exact same breed, don't line up. It looks a lot better if they do. It also looks better if each caterpillar is given their own, individual space that's exactly identical to the others.

------

About eggs, maybe don't give them stats, genders or personalities until they hatch? It's kind of weird to have an egg with a personality.

It's totally fine! Actually, I really appreciate it since I want this site to be at least decent by december. :3

I've seen some other not-fully-developed pet sites that make me so embarrassed!

Also, I checked the adoptable descriptions and I only caught one with the it's/its mistake. O.o

Edit: WHat do you think of me editing the daycare so it doesn't even display the stats? This will take up less room and make it easier to click pets. :3

Edited by Wallie987

I just joined! Great pets and adorable website wub.gif

My username is MistKitten232

I can't afford any pets though >.<

I just joined! Great pets and adorable website wub.gif

My username is MistKitten232

I can't afford any pets though >.<

Yes you can! Check Keppi(color and element shops). :3

Not showing stats is actually pretty okay. I think most people just click for money.

Not showing stats is actually pretty okay. I think most people just click for money.

I'll see what I can do to make stats only visible after an adoptable fully matures... I think it'll either be super easy or pretty difficult. :3

Ah, found where the main it's its issue is, the adopts at the market. They all have apostrophes that's shouldn't be there.

I'm really enjoying your site! The clicking gets really tedious, but I'm already loving my little eggies!

Ah, found where the main it's its issue is, the adopts at the market. They all have apostrophes that's shouldn't be there.

I'm really enjoying your site! The clicking gets really tedious, but I'm already loving my little eggies!

Yay! That makes me really happy! biggrin.gif I fixed those. I use a trick with clicking, so it doesn't bother me too much, but if I can figure out how to get link to pop up in an iframe, I'll definitely do that.

What do you all think of this little fellow:

user posted image

[URL=http://caterpillarcave.com][IMG=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b521/Wallie987/Caterpillar%20Cave/WallieFluffyBanner_zpsaf5111c5.png][/URL]

I was originally simply planning on making this a sample for what may be a new art style I'll add to the site, but I guess I can use it as a banner for anyone who wants to help me get the site on it's feet. xd.png Thoughts on this style? Yay? Neigh?

It's probably a good idea not to change the art style. The adopts should be fairly consistent, especially since they're by one person. It'd be neat if they ALL had alternate styles/poses, but that would obviously be too much work if there's only one artist.

The banner's great, though!

It's probably a good idea not to change the art style. The adopts should be fairly consistent, especially since they're by one person. It'd be neat if they ALL had alternate styles/poses, but that would obviously be too much work if there's only one artist.

The banner's great, though!

I see, I was just concerned about the reception of the current art style...

Perhaps I can use these adopts for bred outcomes? (like the art gets better with each generation) xd.png

Ah, I now know how to fix the slashes problem... maybe. I'll try it out so please excuse any problems that may arise as a result! :3

Edited by Wallie987

Yay, thank you! I just got my first Caterpillar <3

user posted image

Yay, thank you! I just got my first Caterpillar <3

user posted image

Yay! What do you think of the current style? I'm not sure whether I should introduce another style or just use this one... I'm worried about consistence but also about actually having the art improved. :3

Also, the "/" problem has been fixed! :3

Yay! That makes me really happy! biggrin.gif I fixed those. I use a trick with clicking, so it doesn't bother me too much, but if I can figure out how to get link to pop up in an iframe, I'll definitely do that.

What do you all think of this little fellow:

user posted image

[URL=http://caterpillarcave.com][IMG=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b521/Wallie987/Caterpillar%20Cave/WallieFluffyBanner_zpsaf5111c5.png][/URL]

I was originally simply planning on making this a sample for what may be a new art style I'll add to the site, but I guess I can use it as a banner for anyone who wants to help me get the site on it's feet. xd.png Thoughts on this style? Yay? Neigh?

That banner, so adorable! O.O As far as art style goes, were you thinking of updating all the art to the newer style, or just keep things as is and anything new added would look new (if that makes any sense)? If so, you could always update all the art to look newer, though that would be more time consuming, but it'd look the way you want it ^^; For me, personally, I think your new style looks awesome! Such fuzzier/poofier looking caterpillars to adopt and hug!

Edited by FluffyPillow

Having better art each gen would be really cool! It could even unravel some subplot about caterpillars getting stronger and taking over the world xd.png

Okay, now to the National Library! ...After I finish procrastinating.

A way to get code links for several caterpillars at once would be really awesome :3

Edited by KoalaNoob

@FluffyPillow

I'd probably just add on to the current style since there are so many caterpillars right now and I'm the only staff member. I also love the current caterpillars too.

But there's no doubt that those eggs need to be fixed at least a little.

@KoalaNoob

Hehe, actually, there is a history of the caterpillars becoming more intelligent throughout each generation because of certain umm, issues. I just haven't gotten to writing that. wink.gif

NOOOO WERE GOONG TO BE CAPTURED BY OUR CATERPILLAR OVERLOOOORRRRDDDSSSS.

I just realized my Koi should hatch soon! I'm so excited, it's going to be adorable!