Nanashi

Stones with Power

Iris took the box from the girl, her brow furrowed. She was going to say something, but decided against it. Thank you. Why was she being so careful? Iris headed to the door, carrying her new possession with pride. As she stepped out of the store, yet another caught her eye. I'll come back with money... If I have any. Which I don't.

Her gaze followed Pesa's. What's that one? She moved closer, the increasing number of people in the shop momentarily forgotten. She shook her head, and took the box. Thanks again. She walked out of the store, running into a younger girl. She saw her looking longingly at the other store. I'm Ame, but you can call me Rain. She extended her hand to the girl, who looked at it disdainfully. Would you like something? Rain didn't have much more money. But, the girl, was always happy to spare a little. She nodded. Come on. Rain headed into the neighboring store, Iris on her heels.

Pesadilla heard the door open. A million curses ran through her head. "Sombra-chan, next door. Sorry." Sombra nodded and moved back behind the counter. Pesadilla slipped through a door seperating the two shops.

Pesadilla slipped behind the counter. This store? It was dim, and had odd rocks. Without tags. Multiple mythical creatures guarded or held them as statues.

"Oh, hey. I run this store. It's a bit on the warm side, and a bit dim, but you'll get used to it- Leo, get out of there!" Pesa was glaring at something below her. There was the sound of paper moving, and she picked up something. That something was a bearded dragon... But it was red, with amber eyes. It climbed up, so it was on each of her shoulders. Pesa sighed; Leo was large, heavy, and tempermental. And hers. She looked back over at Rain and Iris. "Sorry. Anyways, welcome to what I like to call the 'myth's cave.' And whatever you do... Do not touch Leo. He's kind of in a bad mood, because he has to fix that door again." Pesa moved away from the counter. This shop was larger, but... It had fewer items then the other. She moved her hand over the large, oval stones. "Also. To answer your question from before. That was Sombra-chan's stone from here. A beauty... And the only one that Leo didn't burn." Leo seemed to be amused, and looked at the stones. A few had black marks on them.

The young girl looked like a child in a candy store. However, when she saw Leo, her eyes lit up even brighter. Woah! Is that a Hypo Trans- Red Bearded Dragon? She crossed the room quickly, then stood gazing at Leo. Disappointment veiled her face momentarily as Pesa said not to touch him.

Rain chuckled, then began to study the rocks. She didn't pick them up, however. She didn't really want a repeat at the last store. She was still trying to comprehend.

It was indeed warm in the store, and she ended up taking her jacket off, and tied it around her waist. One stone seemed to jump out at her. Can I pick this one up? It was more of a question of, What would happen if I did?

((That awkward moment when I realize I had no idea there was anything like that.))

"Yup. Well, when he's like this, he's a Hypo Translucent Bearded Dragon." He shifted. "Though, he's a tad large." Indeed, Leo had his back legs on one shoulder, and his front legs on her other. Leo looked at Iris warily.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Sure. Don't worry if they crack. They have a habit of doing that," she then replied to Rain. Just as she finished saying that, a stone on the counter cracked. Pesa sighed and moved over, tracing the crack. It fixed itself. She had absolutely no fear of showing her powers to people. Leo didn't, either, but he didn't feel like using them.

He's so handsome! Iris frowned, the excitement faded from her eyes. When my parents divorced, they made me get rid of my Purple Double Het Dragon. They 'needed the money'. She smiled sadly. He was my only friend. The girl shook her head. Sorry, I think I should go. My mom is probably angry at me for leaving. Iris turned, heading to the door.

Rain gently picked up one of the rocks. It was smooth, and moist. Her brow furrowed. She looked up as Iris began walking towards her. Hey! Wait, where are you going? The girl pushed by her. Rain frowned, wanting to help, but unsure how.

Pesadilla paused for a moment. "...Leo?" Leo climbed down. Suddenly, two flaming wings spread from his back. "Fine. Just don't cause a fuss again." Leo nodded and flew towards Iris. No one outside seemed to see him at all. He landed on the girl's shoulder, and... Shrunk. His scales were hot to the touch, but they cooled down as soon as he landed.

Pesadilla sighed. "If you kill yourself again, Leo, I'll kill you." Leo seemed to laugh as he folded his wings. Pesa rolled her eyes at the lizard. Then she turned back to Rain.

"Sorry about that. Leo's a Phoenix. Weird, but I have plenty of proof. I don't care if you think this is a dream or whatever. ...Hm?" She looked at the stone Rain was holding. Then she shrugged.

Iris giggled excitedly. Hi Leo! The girl stroked his head gently. Wow! You're so warm! And you're wings... They're so cool! Iris wasn't phased by the strange happenings. In fact, she loved it. A distraction, from her still fighting parents. Are you coming home with me? We just have to make sure Mom doesn't see you if you do! Rain drops began to dot the pavement.

Rain watched as Leo crossed the room and landed on Iris's shoulder. The girl instantly lit up with joy, and disapeared from view. She looked back at Pesa. A phoneix, you say? But he takes the form of a Bearded Dragon? She stated dumbly at the door after Iris. What was this place! What have I gotten myself into?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Leo spoke. Actually spoke. "Easy. I can vanish to all but the ones I choose," he said. And he did- No one saw him but Pesa, Sombra, and Iris.

"Yeah, I know, you're confused and junk. I don't care if you don't believe any of it. But be careful with the eggs if you don't want any. These guys are much more temperamental then your average pet. But that's to be expected." She yawned. "And yup. These little monster can take the form of normal pets. If you can consider a Hypo Trans Red Bearded Dragon normal."

Icezletta and Lavirin both went to the counter. "Sombra-chan?" Ice asked, startled. "Oh! Snow-san and Fire-san!" she said. She looked at the stones, whispered something, and pulled out two boxes. She got the two siblings to place the stones in them and they paid. "I'm sure, now, we'll meet again." Ice blinked as they left, and noticed the store beside. But that store had a strange aura...

Iris eyes grew wide. Wow! You can talk and disapear? That's so cool! She giggled again. I'm glad I have a friend now. As the girl trudged up the steps to her house, the door flung open. Where have you been?! I've been worried sick! Obviously not worried enough to realize you hadn't gone shopping and we have no food. You were to busy yelling at Dad. She stormed past her mom, anger rolling off her in waves.

She laughed nervously. So are these Phoneixs too? She looked up. Could one take the form of a wolf? Rain loved wolves. After she'd ran away from home, she'd taken a shine to one homeless man's wolf-hybrid. He's found it left to die in a box in an alley.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Can someone call me when it's morning? Is it morning yet?))

((No, it's not morning yet. xd.png Dom is still in the store, and Rain is in Pesa's store.))

"Not all of them are Phoenixes. There are some actual wolf ones. They're magical, but loyal. The one Sombra-chan has is... A cat. Magical cats are annoying. Don't ever get one." Pesadilla shook her head at the thought.

"Anyways, mine go from really expensive to almost free. Just depends how the egg reacts." She moved to the counter and behind it, and pulled out a emerald green egg with sapphire veins. She looked at it for a moment, then dropped it in a fish tank that only had water and sand in it. It slowly sank to the bottom.

Leo held on slightly tighter. Isn't that too sad? The world is much more fun! he thought. "...Such a shame that they can make you so angry. Your smile's so pretty," he said. He wasn't really used to talking, but... Hopefully he could help, somehow.

The teen's eyes lit up. Could you direct me to those please? She tried to act mature, but the girl was beginning to act like Iris when she saw Leo. This, was very fascinating to her. After seeing Leo, she have up trying to refuse that this stuff wasn't real. However, there was still traces doubt. The girl was so nonchalant, that it was hard to believe it could be a joke.

Iris smiled sadly at Leo. Thanks. She sighed. They are divorced, living in two separate houses, and yet they still go at it. As she sat on the bed, the medals behind her clinked together again. I want to run away. I've been saving up money and stuff.

"Their eggs are scattered. One moment..." Pesadilla closed her eyes. Then she opened them. "The one you're holding is one. So are those." She pointed to a counter, covered in pillows with eggs on them, and statues guarding the eggs. "Just be careful. They won't break, but they crack." Pesa took a small Dragon Blood Jasper stone out of her pocket. She only had two, and only one could be used for the eggs. She dropped the stone into the water, then watched it with mild interest.

"I know a few places you can stay if you ever run away. They aren't exactly mansions, but they're better then nowhere." Leo wasn't good with people. He didn't know anything about them. He didn't even know much about Phoenixes...

Dom sighed, tracing the scar along his face. It was a distracting thing, and also had a painful sting to it. He didn't know why he did it, the man just did sometimes when he was making a difficult decision. One the one hand, he didn't know if he could afford such a beautiful stone. And on the other, it just felt like it belonged to him. The stone was cold to the touch, but warmed on his skin. It was another odd sensation. He put the stone down on the cashier's counter reluctant to let it out of his grasp, and pulled out his wallet. He sighed, slapping the billfold down on the table. He pulled out the price on the tag, which was a measly sum but still enough to shut off at least something. It would be gas this time, he mused to himself.

He put the bills on the table. It was his stone, now and forever.

Rain grinned, clutching the egg closer to her. She strolled over to the counter, studying the eggs. One in particular, caught her eye. It was a solid black, but shiny. The one she currently held was similar, but not as absent in light. She gently picked it up, holding the new egg in her right, the other in her left. Energy rippled off them in waves. It was a much different kind of engery that she'd felt when she with the stone in her pocket. But through the box, she swore she could feel the cold from it. Were all three reacting with each other? Could that happen? Or was she imagining things?

Really? Thank you. Her mother then burst through the door, stinking of alcohol. Whadda you up to ya little censorkip.gif ? Who are ya talking to? Areya gonna leave me just like your dad? Iris stood, her eyes blazing with anger. Get out of my room now. The woman raised the bottle of alcohol. Iris's stone began to grow hot. This isy house you ungrateful censorkip.gif . I'll go where I want. The woman slapped her. It left a bright red hand mark. Iris didn't move. Tears welled in her eyes. I hate you. The girl snatched up another box, this one held money. Pushing past her mother, she snatched up a coat, then rushed down the stairs and out the front door.

Sombra smiled. "Thank you," she said, taking the money and slipping it into the cash register. They'd have to close the shop soon; It was getting late. She put a box on the counter, in case he wanted to use it.

Suddenly she felt massive energy. So, the stones were activating? Well, some of them. She looked over at the egg on the counter. It had multiple cracks.

Leo held on. He felt the stone's energy. And he knew exactly what to do.

His scales lit up and soon, instead of a Bearded Dragon, he was a flaming bird, about the size of a hawk. He quickly lifted into the sky. No one saw but Iris. He circled overhead, then began to slowly fly towards... Somewhere.

Pesadilla looked over at Rain, sensing the energy from the stone and the eggs. "Feels like they're reacting," she said. "Though I only know about eggs and my stone, that energy is hard to find. They're answering." She looked over at the fish tank again. The egg was cracked.

((Colors!! xd.png ))

Rain looked up at Pesa. Now what? She gently set the eggs on the table, and reached into her pocket, pulling out the box holding her gem. She opens the box, pulling it out, and then slipped the box back into her pocket. She put her necklace on, feeling it's warmth. Then picked he eggs up.

Iris followed after Leo, running. She was crying. It was the final straw. Rain fell steadily, slicking the pavement.

((Heck yeah. It's a rainbow explosion.))

Sombra noticed an odd change in energy. She absentmindedly slipped her hand into her pocket, rolling around her Apache's Tear.

With every raindrop, Leo felt a shock of pain as his flames fought back. He was struggling to stay airborne. He dove down and flew into a small abandoned building's window, and landed. The only other things in here were a dresser, a small perch, and a cat, sleeping. He moved over to the dresser and opened it with only a slight struggle. Inside were blankets and a pillow. "Bathroom's over there," he said, pointing a wing.

"You can have them both if you want. They'll hatch whenever they feel like it."

((Writers block...))

((Thats ok, I did too.))

Rain nearly squealed with joy. Thank you! She held the eggs close. You guys will have a great home. Her necklace glowed.

Iris smiled sadly again. Thank you Leo. Are you ok? I didn't think rain and fire mixed. Setting the box down, she pulled out the other one still in her pocket. Opeing it carefully, she extracted the rock inside, and placed the other box beside it.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Worst that happens is that I burn into ashes and am reborn. Nothing big," Leo said, shifting back into a Hyp-something whatever-the-heck Red Bearded Dragon. He moved over to her.

Pesadilla waved her words away. "They won't hatch for anyone else now." She reached into the fish tank, pulling the stone out. She looked at the egg in the tank, then shrugged and put the stone down nearby.

After thanking Pesa again, she headed back home. She swore she saw Iris, but blamed it on the bad weather. When she got to her apartment, she unlocked the door, and headed inside. The girl set the eggs down on a pillow, then laid her necklace inbetween them. Rain wondered if she would have to do anything specific. And how a wolf would emerge from the egg. Would she have to feed them? Would they be full grown? Would she need to feed them? All these questions came up, after she'd left the shop of course.

The apartment was small. But just big enough to house two dogs. Well, in this case wolves. But the carpet was old, and stained. The appliances were out of date. Despite the poor condition of the apartment, she did her best to spruce it up to make sure it looked nice. No matter how hard she'd tried, she couldn't get rid of the 'cheap' sense. Since her promotion though, she now brought in more money, and could move soon. But not soon enough.

Iris picked up Leo, holding him close. She needed a hug, and hoped he didn't mind.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Leo... Well, yet's just say he wasn't used to hugs. He normally fought back. But he didn't. He had no clue what to do.

Pesa waved as she left. Then she paused.

"Oh. I forgot to warn her about the fact those little guys- or girls- have random bursts of magic that they can't control." She thought for a moment. Then shrugged. "Oh, well. They shouldn't destroy anything." She hesitated. "...Or was that about them...?"

((What should I know about raising magic wolves that hatch out of rock like eggs? xd.png ))

Rain sat across from the eggs, her elbows on her knees. The stone hadn't stopped glowing. And the eggs still gave off waves of energy. A crack filled the room. She was instantly on her feet, hovering over the eggs. It was the solid black one. Her brow furrowed. She'd thought it had been solid black, but in the light of the stormy day, it was appearant that it had silver flecks. Interesting.

The little girl released Leo after a few moments, then stood and began to make the bed. Her brown hair was in disarray from the rain. She wished she'd brought a brush. Iris looked up at the cat, who'd seemed to approve of her presence, but otherwise made no other move to greet her. That, or it'd been asleep, and had yet to pass judgement on her presence.

((...That they act like normal wolves. Until they start blowing stuff up. Because it's always better when things blow things up.))

Leo finally noticed the cat. Who was indeed asleep. He gave it a 'challenge accepted' look and walked over. The cat's tail twitched in it's sleep as it felt the heat from Leo.

Pesa sighed and moved over to the door. It was about time to close. She flipped the sign over and turned off the light. Then the eggs began to glow.

She smiled as she saw it. It happened whenever she turned the lights off; The heat affected them in a odd way, along with the magic that you could sense. "Good night," she whispered. The eggs hummed in response and she left the shop, entering the staff room(otherwise known as their house).

"Come on. Let's go." Lavirin dragged his little sister along as she tried to keep up.

((And that they hum if you say 'good night.'))

((Can I have them hatch at any time now? Or did you have a specific time that you were going to have them hatch? Does her stone affect that at all? How do the wolves emerge? Should we just PM questions? xd.png))

Rain didn't switch on the lights as the sun dipped below the horizon. That's when noticed the glow. Huh. The girl picked up the eggs and smiled, holding them close. It was time she headed to bed. She still had work tomorrow. Carrying them to her room, she placed them back on their pillow, now on the night stand by her bed. Her necklace still glowed softly as well. Good night. The eggs' hums lulled her to sleep.

Iris couldn't help but giggle at Leo's expression. He was so confident; and she admired him for it. Crossing the room, she joined Leo, peering at the cat curiously. Was it friendly too?