Nanashi

Stones with Power

(Sorry~)

Zoey pulled her money out and paid for the stone. Theo did the same right after Zoey had paid. "I don't know why I'm buying this," he muttered out loud.

((No need to be sorry.))

Sombra smiled as she accepted the money. "Must be fate," she said to Theo. There was a groan from below her and then a thud. Pesa was silent, knowing her sister was terrifying when angry. Mainly because she wouldn't show it.

Rain awoke to the shrill tone of her alarm clock. 12:30 A.M. It wasn't unusual for her to keep unusual hours. The restaurant was open twenty-four hours. But she as an owner of the place, usually got to go home at 12:30 P.M. She stumbled over to the bathroom, too tired to remember late last night. The girl refrained from turning on the lights until the last minute. It allowed her to stumble around still half asleep.

Getting dress was slow and meticulous. One had to make sure that the name plate was in the right spot, and so on. Before she left her bedroom, she blindly grappled for her necklace. Finally ready at 1:30 A.M., she went out the door and into the early morning.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Leo suddenly straightened. He couldn't get to sleep. Carefully, so he wouldn't wake Iris, he moved away. Far enough she wouldn't be touched by the flames. Then he let them change him into a... Human. He muttered something about 'way too late at night' and walked over to the window, looking outside. His footsteps were quiet, and took him a bit longer so he wouldn't wake Iris. He looked outside, and soon, his thoughts enveloped him.

Iris awoke in a cold sweat. She'd dreamt of her mother dying. Why so I still care? She couldn't help it. There was a cold absence where Leo had been laying. She rolled over, seeing a boy, around ten or eleven. Leo? Slowly she sat up. It seemed like Leo. If he was a phoneix that could appear as a bearded dragon, what would prevent him being able to appear human?

Back at Rain's apartment.

A crack filled the room, and then another. Mewling bounced off the walls. The eggs were hatching. A black form emerged from the solid black egg. Then, from the storm-grey egg, a dark grey head appeared. The black form was already up and prancing around. She took to attacking the pillow, whose size made the black she-wolf feel threatened. The he-wolf, now stumbled after his sister.

Leo jumped as her voice pulled him from his thoughts. He looked over. "...Yeah? What?" he asked, his voice slightly shaking. "D-Did I wake you up? Sorry if I did." He walked over and crouched down, changing his body heat so it was only a bit hotter then warm.

Iris shook her head. No. I had a nightmare. The girl clutched the stone that hung around her neck tightly. It pulsed softly in response. I didn't know you could change to a human.

As Rain walked through the door, chaos ensued. A careless employe had not followed procedure, and not waited for a supervisor. They torched the place. Luckily, no one was ordering, and the rest of the employees had gotten out. You're fired, Rain said to the young man who'd failed to go by protocol. Everyone take a day off. We can't do anything else anyway. She shook her head and headed home.

When she walked in the door, destruction greeted her. Pillow stuffing was strewn everywhere. Lamps had been knocked over. The carpet was on fire. Rain acted quickly, and snatched up a fire extiguisher. To her dismay, the metal had been bit through. Puppies. Hey! A juvenile pup scampered out. On her heels, was a full grown male. How fast do you guys grow? They were magical. What did she expect? The juvenile she-wolf began to tear at the curtains. Hey! Quit it! Rain snatched the pup up, who struggled to lick her face. Maybe this was a bad idea. She couldn't help but giggle at the pup's kisses though. Alright. Sit. The male sat, he tilted his head. Alright, now. Names? How about Jake? The male's brow furrowed, and he shook his head. Storm? He seemed to grin, and his tail waved excitedly. Glad to see you can understand me. Rain looked at the little she-pup. This was your doing, wasn't it? She yipped. Rain shook her head. Now what will your name be? Raven? She howled with joy. Raven it is then. She set the pup down, and it scampered after Storm. He's full grown... So how long until she is? Are they supposed to grow this quick? I need to talk to that girl again. She put a hand to her head, and tried to pick a place to start to clean.

(( xd.png Magic + Wolves = Chaos and destruction(and cuteness).))

"I can change from a Phoenix to a Bearded Dragon to a Human. Only those three though. And I normally don't change into a human. It makes me look... Really young. Actually, it makes me look my age. But still," Leo replied. "...What was the nightmare about? Talking about it sometimes helps," he asked. "Well, if you don't mind telling me, that is."

Pesadilla was still for a moment as she noticed faint traces of magic. She slipped past her sister quickly and left. She heard her sister muttering something along the lines of 'careful oniichan' and stood outside for a moment. That way. She began walking towards Rain's apartment, tracking the magic traces.

((I'll go with peridot since I'm such a sucker for green xd.png

Username: GGG

Name: Cassandra Cabot

Nicknames: Cass/Cassie

Personality: Cass is kind of a weirdo. Often daydreams. More RP'd, since I'm lazy like that.

Looks: Here ya go~[/color]

Stone: Peridot- her birthstone.

Family: Two parents. Her dad's in a different country for work pretty much all the time.

Pass: A gate made of Agate. GATECEPTION!

Other: ... I'll just develop her character more as I go along...

I suppose I'll hop in after the timeskip.))

((I'll go with peridot since I'm such a sucker for green xd.png

Username: GGG

Name: Cassandra Cabot

Nicknames: Cass/Cassie

Personality: Cass is kind of a weirdo. Often daydreams. More RP'd, since I'm lazy like that.

Looks: Here ya go~

Stone: Peridot- her birthstone.

Family: Two parents. Her dad's in a different country for work pretty much all the time.

Pass: A gate made of Agate. GATECEPTION!

Other: ... I'll just develop her character more as I go along...

I suppose I'll hop in after the timeskip.))

((xd.png Okay, accepted. Gateception. I really can't erase that. xd.png ))

Iris shook her head. No, it's ok. Thanks though. She looked him over again. But how old are you really anyway? She brushed a lock hair back out of her face.

It took a few hours, but Rain had managed to get the apartment to suitable standards. She needed a new lamp, and curtains (thanks to Raven), as well as carpet. It was singed black. How'd you even manage to catch the carpet on fire? Rain sat down on the ragged couch, foam poking out in holes. Raven clambered over to her, and Storm loped more gracefully. However, he tripped over his paws and less-than-gracefully face planted into the couch. While the couch could sit three people, and Rain took up one of those spots, Storm was big enough that he filled the rest of the couch. Raven laid in her lap, on Storm's head. Peace. Rain began doze off.

"Erm... About 11. Yeah, I think Pesa got me when she was 8, so... 11," he replied. "I really dislike being treated as a kid, though. So I normally don't take my human form when others are around. You're one of the few that get to see it," Leo said. "And how old are you?" he asked.

Pesa stopped at Rain's door. How she got in there was a mystery. She paused. Then shrugged. And knocked. And waited for either chaos or silence.

Just as Rain had fallen into a more even sleep, the wolves began barking and howling. Great. She looked to the door, and then rose to her feet; Pushing wolves out of the way as she did so. Hello? It was the girl from the shop, oddly enough.

She laughed a little. Lucky me. I'm 14. She was going to be a freshman. She was. Great, school. I guess we're lucky it's summer break? Odd, it's cold though. How did Pesa get you? Did you hatch like those other egg things?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I was a gift for... Christmas? I don't know. Some holiday in winter. Hatched the day after. And successfully burnt half the house down." Leo was clearly proud of burning half a house down. "But now I can control the heat. And flames. That's why you can touch me without getting burnt. Though, I'm still a bit hot to the touch," he said. "So, nothing that special." He sat down cross-legged.

"Ah. So they did hatch. Sensed magic traces, and came to check it out," Pesadilla said, looking at the wolves. "Any questions about them?"

She laughed. Thats amazing! Iris joined him, also sitting cross-legged.

Yeah, a lot. She let out an exasperated sigh. Lets see, how fast do they grow? Do they eat? How often? Can they talk? What kind of magic do they have? How long do they live? She sighed, now out if breath.

Leo smiled. "Not really; Quite a few Phoenixes can do the same things. Although, few burn down houses. Which is why I'm proud of that." Leo shifted, and let his skin heat up a tiny bit.

"It depends on how they are raised. The better, the faster. Well, their gender and species matters, too. They eat every now and then, but normally can survive off of magic energy. They don't really need food often. They can talk once they get to a day old, normally, and their magic varies. Normally they have a mark or something on them that shows, though sometimes, it doesn't appear until they're some weird age. They live as long as their owner lives. They die at the exact same time. Unless the ownership is passed down, or they're killed," Pesadilla said. "Any other questions?"

She laughed. So if you're a Phoneix, you don't really die, right? Like Jean Grey from X-Men! Iris was a fan of Marvel. Her dad had a whole collection of Marvel comics at his house. On rainy days, she'd snuggle up and read as many as she could. It was one of her favorite things to do.

The teen shook her head. Nope, that about covers it. Anything else you think I should know? She stroked Raven's head, whom now resided in her arms. And.... I was kind of looking for a new job... I'm not sure if you have any openings. I was thinking about it last night, and it's pretty cool. What you do and all. It seemed like a family buisness, and she didn't expect to be let in, her being a stranger and all. And, it seemed like they were well staffed. She had enough money to buy a house, which had been paid off. It was just her, and Raven and Storm. She didn't need a whole lot else.

((After a house is paid off (assuming that how it works... xd.png ) The owner can sell it and then the buyer would just have to pay electric and water bills and stuff, right? No mortgage? ))

((No idea. xd.png Probably, let's just go with that.))

"Close. I can die. If the ashes are put in water before I can resurrect myself, then I can't. And if I do, it causes immense pain and I turn into a featherless bird. But that's just one way," Leo replied. "But normally... Phoenixes live for at least three thousand years. We're some of the few creatures Pesa sells that can live without their owner... But it tends to get lonely." He had read a bit of X-Men. Enough to know who Jean Grey was, at least.

"Nothing else really. But if you want to join, we're always open; But you might have to go through a bit of training first. Depends on what Sombra decides. Me and her have abilities that aren't affected by our pets or stones... She's psychic. I'm..." Pesa just smiled and chuckled. "Well, that's to be kept a mystery. But seriously? We could use some extra help. It can get a bit busy. And you'll have the choice of working with either me or Sombra." She knew her mom and Sombra wouldn't mind. Their mom was a bit too old to continue.

Yikes. She tilted her head. Can you tell me about the past, if you hatched that late? I've always wanted to live like, in the 90's. She had a thing for the 90's. In fact, she admired it. The 70's were another one of the eras that peaked her interest. But there was somethings she could do without...

Rain clasped her hands together excitedly. Really? Oh, thank you! Her wolves looked up curiously. Maybe I have powers and I don't even realize it... She laughed lightly, knowing it wasn't quite true. But then again, there was always the X-Men.

((I hope you don't mind if I throw this in? I'm happy to change it if you want powers limited to your characters. smile.gif

I'd original named her Ame (Japanese for Rain) and called her Rain, and searched through the internet, so she would have a stone that reflected her abilities or give her abilities to control weather. I was going to eventually PM you, and then this opportunity presented itself.))

Rain didn't remember. She had done her best to block out her memories from her younger life. The night she'd ran away, was an eventful one indeed. A thunderstorm, that could said to be out of the blue, formed over the city. And the weather, would on occasion reflect her mood. But weather was a fickle thing, wasn't it?

((Alrighty, I have practice until 6:30. Be back then.))

"...I don't really remember anything before I hatched for Pesa. Weird, but... Maybe I made myself forget them..." Leo was quiet for a moment. Then he shook his head. "Sorry. If I ever remember, I'll tell you," he said, smiling. His temperature cooled down a bit.

((Okay. See you. And anyone can have powers, but Sombra has the most, being psychic. And Pesadilla... Heheheh.))

"Maybe. It's always possible. Some powers you can't really control. Sombra can't control hers; Unless she's blindfolded, chained, and locked up in the dark... And even then, it might not work. Yours might be active right now," Pesadilla said. She hit her elbow my accident and stepped back in alarm as her arm... Vibrated. Like metal would. And it made a sound similar to metal. "Sorry about that... I don't like contact. With anything. Well, besides Leo. It's... Odd for others," she said quickly. Almost too quick.

She nodded, her curiousity growing. Rain titled her head. She felt and odd shock of energy run through her, like she was shocked after touching a metal doorknob. It's alright. She was silent for moment. The wolves, once again perked their ears, pausing in their playing. Other than the wolves, she hadn't had any other human contact since her father. A dark swirl of emotions and thoughts whirled through her, making Storm drop to his belly, and Raven whine. But within seconds, Raim was smiling again. Hungry? Thirsty? I can try and find some food that they haven't gotten into yet.

The girl frowned, disappointed slightly. But her eyes soon shone brightly again. Don't worry about it. I could understand why you would want to forget. Not everything was sunshine and rainbows back then. Her face darkened. It isn't now either.

Leo whispered something. But he was too quiet to even guess what he said. "That's sad, but true," he then said. What he didn't say was that he was lying; He remembered one thing from before his new life. A girl, smiling, and speaking. He couldn't remember what she said. But he did know that she was human. Shaking his head to rid himself of these thoughts, he stood up and stretched.

"U-Um, no thanks. I'm good," she said. How was the nicest way to put it without revealing the truth...? "I ate before." Well, close enough. She shivered faintly. "Why does metal get cold so quickly?" Then she realized she had said that aloud. She took a step back.

Rain was a perceptive person. Well, the atoms of metal are closer together. So they transfer and lose heat quicker. She handed her a blanket. I usually try to keep the AC/Heater off to keep the bills down. Go ahead, take a seat. She disapeared behind a corner, and turned up the heat. Pesa wanted to keep her power a secret? That was fine with her, she wouldn't say anything. She wasn't like that.

Iris brought her knees to her chest, and set her chin down on her knees. The sun was brightening the clouds outside. She watched the rain, letting it calm her. Her stone dimmed, but still hummed with energy.

Leo looked over at her. "Need anything?" he asked. "I don't have much, but I can get you something."

Pesa slipped inside and sat down on the ground, wrapping the blanket around herself as she watched the wolves. She watched them warily, knowing they could smell the scent of metal from her. But it wasn't like she could hide the fact she was made of metal. She pulled her knees to her chest, cold.