Nanashi

Stones with Power

((Okay. I'll go.))

"Icezletta! Hurry up!" "Trying. Maybe you could slow...?" Lavirin sighed and stopped. His sister slowly walked to his side. They began walking the same pace.

Thud. They both turned around, stopping. A girl had tripped. She sat up quickly, blinking her golden eyes. Her blonde hair was rather long. "Hey, are you okay?" The girl nodded in response to Icezletta's question. She offered a hand the help the girl up, and after a moment's hesitation, the girl took it and pulled herself up. She seemed to be staring at something for a moment, before blinking, pulling her hand away, and shaking her head. "I-I'm sorry." "It's fine. What's your name?" Lavirin asked. "Sombra Chessyre." "I'm Icezletta Marioneta. This is my brother, Lavirin Marioneta. Nice to meet you, Sombra." Sombra smiled. "Nice to meet you both, too. Oh! I have to go! I'm sorry, Icezletta-san and Lavirin-san... Maybe fate will let us meet again." Fate? Icez wondered. The girl ran off.

"She might have been a pickpocket." "She wasn't." "How do you know, Snow?" "Her hands were wet. She was crying... Or something she was carrying was." Lavirin blinked.

((Apache's Tear is said to cry when something sorrowful happens.))

Mia walked past the stone store. She was meant to be getting some milk for her mother, but... One peek couldn't hurt, surely? They might have some amethyst, or even a diamond... Mia sighed, thinking of diamonds. She'd heard of blue diamond and green diamond... She stopped daydreaming as she nearly walked into a tree. Looking back, she realised she'd passed the stone shop. Smiling guiltily, she slipped into the shop. There weren't any diamonds, but there was a beautiful amethyst! It was on a necklace, and it was teardro-shaped. But most interestingly, it had a fine webbing of blue diamond across it! Picking it up, she looked at the price tag and was amazed to find it was only fifty pounds. She flipped through the milk money: she had five. She went over to the store manager to ask if they would reserve the necklace for her, until tomorrow. She'd even pay extra for it if he did.

Edited by Zeditha

((The store manager is Sombra's mother, so it's a she.))

"You don't have to pay extra," the manager said, but was interrupted by a girl running in, breathless. She took one look at Mia and the necklace and her stone, hidden away, stopped crying. She gave a slight nod as she walked over. "...I'll reserve it," the manager said. Sombra slipped behind the counter, pulling out a small brown box, and opening it. She pulled out a large, black, oval-shaped stone with cream webbing on it. Holding it carefully in one hand, she put the box down on the counter. "Put it in here. It's registered your touch, and this has to be moved anyways," she said. Then she moved past them and outside again, carrying the stone carefully. It was the size of her hands side by side.

"Well, you heard her... I'll keep it safe."

Sombra slipped into the store beside the stone shop, humming. Her older sister looked up. "Ah, you brought him." Sombra nodded, moving over, and her sister moved her hand over the stone, making sure not to touch it. "...It's soon." Sombra smiled. "Great. Thanks, oneechan." She nodded and Sombra slipped back outside. The store was dimly lit, so it took a moment for her eyes to adjust.

((Sorry. I didn't know who it was, though. Should I edit?))

Mia nodded and thanked the store manager, then ran to the store for that milk. Her mother might be cross, although she normally wasn't.

((Do I need to reserve if I plan to gain a second stone later on? Because that was my plan with diamond...))

((Diamond is still reserved for you, so nope. Reserving is just the way of claiming something. So you don't have to fight for it.

Though I'm tempted to reserve Flame Agate. Flame Agate and Fire Agate are two COMPLETELY different things.))

(( I didn't see a character limit, so I hope two is ok? smile.gif

They aren't done yet, but I have practice. And my phone tends to refresh tabs constantly, so if it isn't posted, I loose it.

I'll finish them when I return.

Username: RavenWolf1010

Name: Ame

Nicknames: Rain

Personality: RP'd

Looks: Rain

Stone: Ajoite Stone

Family: Rain's mother died when she was young. Her dad, was abusive. With no other living relatives, the girl took as much money as she could, and turned to living on the streets.

Pass: Agate

Other: Ame started off as a worker in McDonald's. It had provided food and money. Eventually, she became Manager, and now lives more comfortably in a rundown apartment.

Name: Iris

Nicknames: N/A

Personality: (Optional.)

Looks: Iris

Stone: Chalcopyrite

Family: Iris's parents are divorced. Every week, she spends with either her dad or mom.

Other: She's had thoughts of running away from home.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Character limits tend to restrict me. So there isn't a limit- Well, you can't have a hundred.))

(( I didn't see a character limit, so I hope two is ok? smile.gif

They aren't done yet, but I have practice. And my phone tends to refresh tabs constantly, so if it isn't posted, I loose it.

I'll finish them when I return.

Name: Ame

Nicknames: Rain

Personality: RP'd

Looks: Rain

Stone: Ajoite Stone

Family: Rain's mother died when she was young. Her dad, was abusive. With no other living relatives, the girl took as much money as she could, and turned to living on the streets.

Other: Ame started off as a worker in McDonald's. It had provided food and money. Eventually, she became Manager, and now lives more comfortably in a rundown apartment.

Name: Iris

Nicknames: N/A

Personality: (Optional.)

Looks: Iris

Stone: Chalcopyrite

Family: Iris's parents are divorced. Every week, she spends with either her dad or mom.

Other: She's had thoughts of running away from home.

((Accepted!))

Rain had just gotten off work, and was now walking home. She'd been walking slowly, enjoying the dreary, cloudy day. A strange sense overcame her, and she looked up. Her eyes were drawn across the street, to a small shop. Her curiosity peaked, and she crossed the street towards it. Taking a moment, the girl stood outside hesitantly. But again, her curiosity got the best of her, and stepped inside. She was met with an array of gems and stones. One in particular caught her eye.

It was a milky crystal, but it encased a bright turquoise rock. It was wrapped in a thin wire, which made intresting loops around it to hold it. A soft string had been threaded through the loop, turning it into a necklace. Mesmerized, she reached for it, but stopped. How much was it? Was it even for sale?

Sombra walked in suddenly, yet again, clutching the stone in her hands. Glancing at Rain, she looked over at her mother and nodded, then slipped behind the counter. Her mother asked her something in a whisper. She nodded and set the rock down on a small silk pillow. Her mother set the box with the necklace on a counter behind them and left, entering the staff room. Which happened to be connected to the store with the statue.

Sombra opened another box and pulled out a large chunk of silver. She put the silver down and the box on the counter. Then she walked to Rain.

"I see you've found our Ajoite Stone necklace. Beautiful, isn't it? And..." She moved the small not to touch anything but it. It adjusted to a price Rain could afford. Her mother was going to kill her when she found out! ...Well, if she found out.

She nodded, and her eye caught the price tag. Could I purchase it? Rain flashed a smile at the girl about her age. She picked the stone up gently, and swore it began to pulse faintly. Instantly, she was reminded of rain. What a fitting stone... Ajoite? Could you tell me a bit more about it? Rain had a curious streak in her, but on occasion, it would get her in trouble. At least it wouldn't be one of those days.

Iris cocked her head. Her mother was yelling again. She must be talking to dad... They always fought. Ever since she'd been born, they fought. Night and day,it was just yelling. That's why they got a divorce. But even then, a phone call would turn into a screaming match. Sighing, the girl rolled off her bed, landing neatly on her feet. Her headboard rattled, and the clink of her medals against each other filled her room. They were from swimming. After her parents divorced, they stopped taking her to practice. If she wanted to go, she'd have to ride her bike. And given the weather, it wasn't a good idea. So, while her mother was distracted, she slipped out the front door.

The air was heavy with moisture. It was bound to rain any moment. Iris loved this type of weather. There was almost always a rainbow as the clouds moved out, and the sun emerged, he light refracting through the raindrops. The array of colors sent a jolt of excitement through her every time.

Sombra noticed the faint pulse. Perfect. Three stones, including mine, have responded. "Of course you can purchase it. And about Ajoite... It's said to be a stone of peace and harmony. It is said to help release and overcome sorrow, anger, fear, and heal old emotional wounds. It is said to act as a stone of transformation, bringing change and growth. I don't know much about it," she said. The last part was a lie; She knew plenty about it. But if she said too much, it'd ruin the curiosity.

She moved back to the counter, knowing if she touched the stone, it would react. And by react... She heard a crack and tensed. Not yet. Then whatever had cracked was silent, like it heard her thoughts.

Icezletta paused. There was a girl, about her age. Lavirin followed her gaze, and grabbed onto her arm. She jumped. "You wanted to see that store, Faded Memories or whatever, right? Come on." He pulled her along. She blinked, realizing he said it a touch louder then normal. Then it clicked in- He said it loud enough for the girl to hear. That store always seemed to draw people to it. And sometimes cheer people up.

((I'll kinda jump back in next morning in the RP...))

Dominic Petrolski. That was his name, after all. His mother had given it to him a couple of hours after his birth, after conferring with his father. Oh, wait. No, that was one of his friends. He did have friends, right?

Dom shook his head. He'd been walking around a street, without much to do. He vaguely remembered a list of chores he'd left himself, groping around in his pocket for the note. It was actually quite simple, lest he forget what he was working on and go do something else. That was the unfortunate side-effect of the accident that gave him his scar, he had problems remembering things. He'd leave himself notes and they would alleviate the effect somewhat, but things like cooking were still a chore. Lord knew that he'd nearly burned down his house too many times to count because he forgot to check what he was cooking. Eventually, he'd broken down and hired a personal caterer, which was actually quite annoying sometimes... Wait. She'd left a while ago. Never mind, no caterer.

He sighed. What was he doing again? Oh, right. Shopping.

The list read, "Eggs, milk, bread, bacon, pizza." Pizza was really the only thing he could cook, but it required him to sit in front of the oven until it was finished. If he walked away and forgot about it, bad things would happen. For one, he wouldn't actually have a dinner to eat. That would be a problem, because then he'd have to order a dinner. And he barely made even with his income, which was also a problem. He was out of work, you see. He did have a job, but the accident took that out.

Dom turned to the left. A small convenience store, perfect for what he needed. Looking at the note another time just to affirm what exactly he came for. Picking out the items, Dominic set them on the counter and waited for the cashier to ring them up. The boy put them in a bag, obviously bored with his job. If only Dom had one. He pulled out his wallet, placing enough for the goods. After that was finished, he walked out of the store. There wasn't anything pressing to get to, at least he didn't remember anything he needed to do. The note would have said so. Dom whistled as he walked, the only song he knew. He didn't exactly know the name of it, although he never got tired of it.

He stopped in front of another store, maybe a few blocks away. It was actually quite odd. There were a few people inside, two girls and a woman. He yawned, walking inside.

"Brr! Brisk out there, isn't it?"

A strange sparkling caught his eye. It looked smooth, with dangerous red flecks stuck in the rock. He moved toward the stone, dropping his groceries on the floor next to him as he arrived. He picked it up, feeling the surface. It was an odd sensation, feeling as though this thing had belonged to you. He didn't own it of course, he'd never seen the thing before. Picking up the tag attached to it, he read the price. It wasn't too bad, something he could easily afford.

"I wonder... is this stone for sale?"

"Sombra, what the he- Oh. Wait. Customers." Sombra's sister had literally kicked open the staff room door. Actually, kicked down. Picking it up like it was nothing and adjusting it so it leaned against the doorway, she turned and walked over to Dom. "Yup. That's for sale. Anything with a tag on it is," she said, then turned and went to the counter. "Oneechan, you broke the door... Again," Sombra said. "Yes, I did, Sombra-chan. I'll get Leo-kun to fix it later. Like last time." Sombra smiled, amused. Pesadilla moved behind the counter to her sister.

Rain nodded. Heal old emotional wounds... She clutched the gem tighter, following the girl. When she heard a crack, she wrote it off as a floorboard. The store seemed old, it wouldn't be strange to hear something like that. Rain set the stone down on the counter, then reached for her wallet. Unlike most women, she didn't carry a purse. She settled for an old leather wallet. Technically, when she'd gotten it, she hadn't had a choice. It had been her father's. As more people came in, she became tense. When she was little, there'd almost always been a lot if people in her house. They would... They weren't nice. She couldn't get out and escape if she'd needed to. So whenever she was in a small space, and the amount of people grew, she would grow anxious. Rain looked back to the girl, becoming unnerved.

Iris tilted her head. A male, tugging along a girl her age, had spoken a bit louder than a volume for normal conversation. Faded Memories...? The girl stuck her hands in her jacket pokect and followed after them, at least trying to appear inconspicuous. Her thoughts drifted back to her mother, and she sighed, shaking her head. Why can't they stop? The girl wondered. It's like they like fighting. As she approached the shop, she stopped, taking a moment to study it. And then she walked inside. One rock, instantly caught her eye. It shone with the colors of the rainbow. Woah... The girl picked it up, and a shock ran through her. Yelping, she dropped the stone back on the table. She looked around, seeing if anyone had noticed. It was fairly busy, but one girl caught her eye at the counter. Iris looked back down at the rock, avoiding her gaze. Then she saw the price on the rock. There was no way she could ever afford it. She herself, didn't have money. And since both her parents had split, neither of them had enough to spare for a pretty rock.

"Pesa, I'm sorry, but it seems something's happened." Pesa nodded. She knew exactly what her sister meant. Sombra moved towards Iris, keeping her eyes on her. "...It reacted," she whispered. That was odd. Never before had so many people effect the rocks. As she moved towards Iris, she was aware of something wet in her pocket. So it was crying again. Something sad must have happened to this girl.

Noticing the girl's expression, Sombra knew her mother was going to yell at her. But what else could be done? This rock had chosen her. It wouldn't pick anyone else now. "It's reacted to you, I see. And judging by your expression... Would you like it? I can give it to you for free, just this once." Sombra kept her voice a whisper. If anyone else heard, they might demand the same treatment.

Pesadilla shook her head at her sister and turned to Rain. "Sorry about that. Sombra-chan's a bit odd. Would you like a box for the necklace?" she asked, trying to be polite. Kind of. She wasn't exactly the nicest. But, well, having next to no customers did that. Her store was kind of plain-looking... She'd have to put up something later.

Icezletta and Lavirin were both drawn to different stones. Snow Quartz and Fire Agate. Which was quite amusing, considering their nicknames were Snow Fairy and Fire Fairy.

Iris shied away from the girl. Reacted to me? W-what do you mean? When she asked if she would like it, Iris nodded shyly. And yes please, thank you. Her eyes drifted to the rock's luminous colors, which seemed to now glow.

Rain shook her head. Thank you, but I think I'll be ok. She handed the money to who she'd assumed was Pesa. She hesitated, then spoke up again. Actaully, yes, I would like a box please. Rain was still curious about the gem. It had grown cold to the touch, and still hummed with energy. Now she just needed to get out of the small place.

Sombra smiled. But this wasn't one of her I'm-glad-it-worked-out smiles. No, this was more like a you-only-wish-I'd-tell-you smile. "You'll find out soon enough." Then her smile returned to normal. "Okay!" She pulled a small box out of her pocket and handed it to her, then carefully pulled the tag off. Luckily, the tag was attached by a simply piece of tape, so she didn't touch the rock.

Pesadilla nodded, setting a box on the counter. She put the money in the cash register, and looked over at the small black stone on the cushion. It had a crack in it. Pesa tried not to laugh; They hatched quickly it seemed. Well, in her family.