Nanashi

Stones with Power

((We should just do a 1x1, you and I. xd.png ))

Raven stumbled over, followed by Storm. Raven sniffed her, then licked her, wagging her tail. She then settled down in her lap. Storm curled up beside her, happily sharing his warmth.

Rain came back from the little kitchen, holding cups of hot coacoa. Here, this should help. She smiled softly, her stone glowing. The she sat down across from Pesa, sipping at her coacoa, which still scalded her tongue. How long have you guys had the shop?

Huh? What? Oh, a water maybe? She looked to Brillar, who seemed to be dozing. She stood up and crossed the room, gently stroking his head. She hoped he wouldn't mind. But, he was just so pettable.

((That actually isn't a bad idea.))

Brillar purred in his sleep, loudly. Leo chuckled at that. "Okay." He slipped outside, and soon returned with a bottle of water. He walked over, handed it to her, and moved away quickly. He sat down and watched.

"Th-Thanks," Pesa said. "The stone shop has been around for about... Eighty-six years. The egg shop, only about seventy-eight. I've worked there for about nine years, Sombra only six. We normally start working as soon as we turn ten, which is when our magic normally begins to really work." She sipped the hot coacoa in a attempt to hide the faint pink tinge on her cheeks. She normally didn't talk to people. She was kind of shy, and pushed everyone but the animals away... So why was she enjoying talking to Rain? And why the heck was she blushing?! Probably just the heat. And I'm not used to talking to people while being surrounded by magic wolves. Nothing major, she thought.

Thanks. She pulled her hand away from Brillar to open the water. She then felt self-conscious, drinking the water in front of Leo. She took a swig, then set it down, making sure the lid was on tightly to avoid any accidental spills. Now what?

Rain looked impressed. And that's passing down from generation to generation? Amazing. She did notice the pink returning to Pesa's cheeks, and mentally nodded. The hot coacoa was working at warming her up. I would like to work with the gems, but... She grinned at the two wolves, enjoying the attention lavished upon them. I simply love animals. They.. They don't judge, like most people. They don't really care what you did before. Or what happened to you. Their just... there for you. Well, except fish. They are good listeners... But you know. Three to five second memory. She chuckled, sipping at her drink. I wonder if they sell Lucky Charm marshmallows separately...

((What time do you go to bed? Or, how late will you be RP'ing? I have to hunt down Ocelots on Minecraft, and it makes it easier if I don't have to constantly check. xd.png ))

((Anywhere from 9 PM to 1 AM. Or until my DS's battery runs out(has three bars left). Or when no one else responds, so I convince myself they're all asleep.

So, battery wise, it changes often.))

"Whatever you feel like. I'll have to go hunting soon. I'll just eat out there. B-Being a bird, it's k-kind of messy w-when I eat." Leo looked outside. He frowned; There was faint magic traces. Well, that wasn't that strange.

"True. It's less busy in there, though. A-Are you sure?" Pesa asked. I would like her to join me, though- Wait! What am I thinking?! She closed her eyes. Maybe that would help.

Closing her eyes made it worse. She opened them quickly and took another sip of her coacoa. Then, with her free hand, she began to pet Raven.

((I'm so used to my shifter character, that when you said she was petting Raven, I thought... You were petting her in her wolf form.

Does that make sense?

Can I also fill out a pet form for Raven and Storm? laugh.gif ))

Of course. Are you ok? Rain tilted her head. She scooted closer to her, and put her arm around her shoulders. Are you still cold? Do you want me to turn the heat up more?

Don't worry about me. Feel free to leave anytime. I'm not going anywhere. I have no where to go. I'm sure Brillar would love to keep me company.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Kinda.

Yeah. Those forms are optional, but a good way to keep the information stored.))

"I like your company. So I won't leave until I need to," Leo said. "And I can't help worrying about you. I am the one who brought you here, after all." He kept a serious face while saying that all. Brillar rolled over in his sleep.

Pesadilla's face turned bright red and she looked down at Raven, trying to slow her heart down. Or at least stop blushing. "I-I'm fine." She then remembered that she was made of metal... And for some reason, she didn't care if Rain knew or not. She put her other hand around the cup, too. But it was a bit hard to focus...

Rain smiled. Ok. The air seemed seemed to be alive with electricity. She didn't know it, but it was actually Rain, and her power reacting with Pesa's metal. It came from her being nervous, as well as anxious. But the girl was trained, to not let emotions show she didn't want seen. As her mind began to turn, she realized, Pesa was indeed uncomfortable. Was it her presence? Rain pulled away, a twinge of sadness ran through her. She cleared her throat, recapturing Raven and Storm's attention for a few moments. It's coming down pretty hard out there.... If you want, you can stay here for the night? I have an extra bed. There was a mistake when I ordered it? And they sent me two for the price of one. I never use it. I was thinking of letting Raven and Storm sleep on it. But they are wolves and all, and can sleep on the floor. Of course, I doubt they would stay there. They love to cuddle. Rain's neves began to show through, hence her blabbing away.

Iris looked down, unsure of how to quite respond. Thanks, I appreciate that. She'd always felt like a nuisance. The kids at school had called her an 'attention censorkip.gif*'. What had she supposed to do? All the swirls of emotions, were overwhelming. It was like all the colors of the rainbow, and then some.

((A horse... Horses are cool. xd.png

Username: RavenWolf1010

Name: Raven

Nicknames: Rave

Personality: She's a firecracker, that one. She mirrors Rain's more stand-offish side. Bold, and headstrong, Raven is driven. If she truly wants something, it will happen. Her other largest facet, is her big softie side. She loves kids, and cuddling. And belly rubs. And destroying stuff.

Species: Wolf

Looks: Here she is. She may or may not acquire a metal, spiked collar. As well as she has silver flecks in her black fur. Barely noticeable.

Owner: Rain

Family: Storm

Powers: Metal manipulation?

Other: She's smart. Like, really smart. And she has a crescent moon as her mark. It will be silver, on her hip.

Username: RavenWolf1010

Name: Storm

Nicknames: Stormy

Personality: A wolf that doesn't think before he acts. Unlike Raven, he doesn't meticulously plan something before he does it. He just does it. He often will get himself in trouble, and require Raven to save him. He's a goofy wolf, who loves eating.

Species: Wolf

Looks: Like this, but no rope collar, red eyes, feather thing, or two tails. His coat is a little darker grey, but he does have that red lightning bolt thing along his body when he uses his powers. On occasion, it's just there. He doesn't look that evil either.

Owner: Rain

Family: Raven

Powers: Similar to Rain, he can control the weather. But on a small scale.

Other: He constantly emits electricity, like Rain. ))

((Accepted.

Nope, not yet. Kind of waiting for people to get out of Sombra's shop.))

"You don't have to thank me. Really. There's no reason to," Leo said, looking over at her. "It's automatic." He stood up and stretched, again. "Well, I'll be back." In a flash of bright red fire, he transformed into a Phoenix and left.

Pesa looked up at her quickly. Then she stopped, and ended up watching her. "U-Um... Sure," she said. She wouldn't admit it, but where Rain had her arm was cold as soon as Rain moved away. On a good note, her heart had slowed. But now she felt kind of hollow. ...No use denying it anymore... Pretty sure this is what love is like, she thought, quickly looking back down at Raven. "I-If you d-don't mind, that i-is..."

((Indeed they are. xd.png Can I just go and have Sombra lose her temper, and push everyone out of the store...? They can have the rocks for free, but Sombra needs sleep.))

((Good morning.

And that sounds... Awesome. xd.png ))

Of course not. You're welcome here any time. In fact, I'll be moving soon... And the house is pretty big... But you live at the shop, don't you? Rain looked down. Being away from Pesa...made her feel almost empty. She scooted forward hesitantly.

Iris felt what could be called relief after Leo left. She'd been so nervous around him. But why? She shook her head. He's my friend now. I shouldn't be so silly! He's never going to hurt me. The girl grinned. A beam of light found it's way into the dusty room. It caught her stone, and reflected it's bright colors onto the wall. Woah...

((Well, she isn't a robot, so she does need sleep.

Morning.))

Sombra sighed. "Okay. This shop is closed. I don't care if you've paid or not. GET OUT!" She smiled and shoved everyone outside with their rocks, then slammed the door closed and locked it. She flipped over the sign, closed the curtains, and left.

Leo circled over a small area. The grass was never cut, and he had to listen carefully for the animals. He heard a small squeak and dove down, his flames cooling down so he wouldn't start everything on fire. He grabbed the small field mouse and quickly ended it's life with his talons, then landed in a nearby tree, holding the mouse with one foot.

"I don't really have enough money to move out, so yeah... Though it's really crowded in there," Pesa said, looking over at her. Her heart sped up. And she didn't fight it this time. She put the cup down.

((Pesa's not a robot either.))

((Pesa's color is so hard for me to read. xd.png ))

Rain nodded her head. I'd love the company. Living here... I've just been so lonely... Ya' know? Storm watched his owner curiosly. In the girl beside her, and in Rain, there was a strange set of emotions. And the emotions from each girl seemed to reflect each other. He tilted his head, waiting for something to happen.

((I'll change it to normal green then.))

"I know how you feel," Pesa said, though quietly. She didn't take her eyes off of Rain. Though, she was still blushing faintly, it was hard to notice. She began to pet both Raven and Storm, slightly attempting to take her mind off things.

((Storm has absolutely no idea what's going on, does he?

Anyways, Pesa's arms, legs, and shoulders are all made of metal. Since she's mostly metal, she normally says she's made of metal. So she isn't a robot.))

((Thanks. smile.gif

And no, he does not. He's still a little young to understand what it is.

However Raven the observer, has picked up on it.))

She looked down at her lap. Storm picked his head up. He whined nervously, picking up on her emotions. Raven was quiet, watching and taking notes of Rain and Pesa's emotions. She'd been doing this a while, and that's when she came to the conclusion- They like each other... Being young still, she didn't know much about love, but she knew enough that she could tell Raven and Pesa liked each other. Storm looked to Raven expectantly.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Pesadilla looked down at Storm and Raven. She had absolutely no clue what they were doing... "...I should probably get to sleep. Sombra's cat will hatch tomorrow and that's gonna be just lovely," she muttered. And it was a bit hard to keep her eyes open.

Rain nodded, a bit disappointed. I'll show you to your room then. She stood, with Storm and Raven following on her heels. Here. She gestured to a room. Wake me up if you need anything? I'm a light sleeper. The teen smiled.

"Of course." Seeing Rain smile made her stomach feel like butterflies were flying around. She smiled back and slipped inside. She climbed into the spare bed and quickly fell asleep. She was completely still and silent.

Rain shut the door quietly, and looked down at Raven and Storm. Both looked up at her, their heads tilted curiously. What? What? Storm wagged his tail, while Raven still stared at her. They followed her to her room. Ok, maybe I do like her more than just a friend. She never thought that she'd be in love with another woman. Nor, that she would have two magical wolves as pets. Edited by RavenWolf1010

Pesa opened her eyes. She was in a small clearing. "You decided to contact me in my dreams again, Leo?" Pesa asked, standing up and looking at the flaming bird. "Yeah. I can sense your feelings from about a mile away." Pesa's face turned bright red. "L-Leo!" "Was it really that much of a surprise?" Pesa paused. "...You contacting me, no. Falling in love with her, yes." Leo chuckled. "Well, I'm staying out for the night. Not like you care- You are, too." Pesa's face turned redder. If that was possible. Then her dreams turned to normal.

It was one of those nights.

The ones filled with fear.

The small girl cowered below the large male figure. Where is it?! He held a thick leather strap in his hand. I- I don't know!

Liar! He brought the strap down. The girl put her hand up to protect her face. With a crack, the strap snapped at her skin. Instantly, it turned red and began to welt. She cried silently. Gimme it girl, or I'll give you another whippin'! He shoved her down, snatching her welted arm. She cried out in pain. Then he raised the whip again. Let this be a reminder when you go an' touch my stuff. He brought the leather across her face hard enough to split the skin.

Rain awoke, clutching her sheets. She was in a cold sweat. She traced the three lines that lightly scarred her face. Her gem glowed blindingly bright. Her throat was hoarse, and she could only assume she'd been screaming. Raven and Storm were pacing anxiously back and forth along the wall of the room.

Pesa had lost track of the time, but... She had been sitting against the wall outside of Rain's room for quite a while. Her eyes were closed. If she was better with people, she would have tried to comfort her. But she wasn't. So she sat there silently, hoping that Rain would be alright.

She had been drawn there for three reasons. One, the screaming. Two, magic energy was quite high. Three, it had been glowing really bright. And it was still glowing. Standing up as quietly as possible, she held her breath and lightly knocked on the door. "...Rain?"

Lightning crackled outside, illuminating the room. She looked up, hearing Pesa. Her face was pale, and the brief light shadowed the light scars, making them appear bold. Thunder followed close after the bolt of lightning. Her stone now gently illuminated her face, rather than the sharp, white light of the lightning. Rain was at a lost for words. As the tears bubbled up, she broke down and began to cry. S-Sorry. I'm fine. Just a nightmare.

Pesa hesitated. Then she entered the room, and moved to Rain's side, crouching down. "...Doesn't sound like 'just a nightmare' to me," she said quietly, looking up at her. "...Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked quietly. She disliked seeing Rain cry, and would do anything to help stop it.

((We need an antagonist of some sort... Hmm. ))

She shook her head. No... Most of the time I can suppress them. The memories. But you can only do so much. She wiped her eyes. "And the storm will rage on. At the end of every storm, there's a rainbow. Be strong. Don't let him get into your head like that." The garble of words that filled her head didn't make sense. What was that? She pushed it out of her mind. I'd like to put a bullet in that old censorkip.gif***'s head; but that wouldn't solve anything. And then it would make me just like him... Rain pelted at the window, and another bout of thunder shook the small apartment. She momentarily caught Pesa's eyes, and then looked down shyly.

((...I think I forgot what that is.))

"Ah. True enough." Pesa looked outside. "...I don't actually mind storms," she said. "How about you?" she asked, looking at Rain again. She didn't mean to change the subject; She didn't even really notice that she did. She just said what came to her mind.