Nanashi

Stones with Power

((Accepted, will add up later.

Nor have I. xd.png It's always good to try new stuff. I think.))

Pesa, on the other hand, stayed awake. The few traces of nightmare energy, nothing that would affect Rain, anyways, were absorbed by her. She had to control her powers. They could change dreams into nightmares, and the other way around. That was the power of the Dreamer. That's what they called it. The ones who had powers that were all based from one thing had a title. She was the Dreamer, and her sister was the Searcher. They were rare, and Sombra... Well, she might not be a actual Searcher.

The Dreamer wasn't the strongest. It could contact 'them', absorb dream energy, create objects with the energy, and sometimes use their power to go inside dreams and nightmares.

Pesa laid down. She didn't close her eyes, though. Why would she if she didn't want to sleep? Pesa looked over at Rain and smiled faintly. They will protect you, as long as they are bound to me, she thought. They were odd beings, the living forms of nightmares and dreams. And they could be bound to a Dreamer. Pesa looked up at the ceiling.

((And that is called boredom. Sombra's a fake Searcher. Pesa's a Dreamer, though.

They really aren't that important.))

(( I wasn't entirely sure how to reply. So sorry for the late response. ))

Rain woke a short time later to Raven laying on top of her, and a raging headache. Ohhh. Pain killers sounded glorious right now. Oi, get off you mangy mutt. Raven whined, then joined Storm. You need to go out?

Yes please.

Two voices simultaneously spoke in her head. You better not pee fire or something you guys. Don't harass anyone either. She headed to the front door and let them out.

(('Tis fine.))

Pesa was... Well, it's questionable. She was actually in the room she was sleeping in before, but this time... A girl sat across from her. She clearly wasn't human. "I really can't believe it, though," the girl was saying. "I know, Umbra. But if you came just to tell me about that..." "No, I came to tell you that I agree." "Thanks." Umbra nodded.

((Hey, look! One of 'them'!))

((What? xd.png ))

Rain heard talking as she headed back to her room for more sleep. She decided against disturbing Pesa, but she was indeed curious.

((Heh. *evil laugh*))

"...Umbra, what's it like in there, by the way?" Pesa asked suddenly. "Hmm? Oh, quite... Dark. Always nighttime. I live in the nightmare side, so it's a bit dangerous. Which is why I like having you as my 'boss'," Umbra replied, smiling. "I'm not dangerous. I'm just better at Nightmare magic then Daydream magic," Pesa said, her voice filled with venom. Umbra laughed. It was cold. "Ah, true. You got me, Pesadilla. But that's to be expected of-" Umbra was cut off as Pesa slammed her hand over the girl's mouth. "Speak one more word and you'll be turned back to darkness," she hissed, then slowly drew away. Umbra was startled. "...O-Of course," she said quietly. Pesa was rarely angry, and when she was... Umbra shuddered at the thought. "...I-I'm sorry," Umbra said, her voice barely loud enough to hear. "Whatever. Just don't ever mention it again, Umbra." Pesa had calmed down a bit. She would not get angry. No, not with Rain nearby. "O-Of course, Pesadilla."

((Hmm, she can even make Umbra scared.))

((Bump!))

((That bump took a lot of effort, making it so colorful.))

The hair on her arm stood on end as Pesa's voice took a sinister tone. Her brow furrowed, and she backed away, worried.

((I have writer's block. Again. Sorry. xd.png ))

((It happens. xd.png ))

Pesa sighed and stood up, stretching. "...Sorry. I've been altering Leo's memories, and I haven't slept well lately because of it. But we can't have him remembering her, can we?" she asked. Umbra stood up, too. "If he remembers it, he'll break the tower. Right, Pesadilla?" "Correct. He won't understand that when it stops, it'll kill her." Umbra smiled. Then she froze and looked at the door. Pesa noticed this and closed her eyes, sighing faintly. "...Rain?" she asked cautiously. Umbra could sense something or someone, but she couldn't sense what it was. For all they knew, it could just be a fly.

Altering memories?... Kill who? Rain backed up agasint the wall, moving silently back into her room. The fog of sleep had lifted, and her skin was alive with electricity. But... I... I have to be missing something right? I can't just make assumptions. The girl shook her head. She didn't know Pesa very well. It's been a day...

"...Pesadilla... Why don't you explain it to her? It's easier," Umbra whispered. "Remember what happened to Ivon, though? And you know that losing her will be harder for me." "But she's different, is she not?" Pesa hesitated. "...Okay, but you're coming with." Umbra nodded, smiling. "Of course, Dreamer." They quietly slipped out of the room.

Pesa stopped suddenly. What if she acted like Ivon did...? Umbra, who clearly didn't care, walked straight up. "Hey!" she said cheerfully. Pesa looked down, holding her breath. She was terrified.

Edited by seacatsmew

Rain turned, her hands that had been running through her hair came to a sudden stop. She seemed unsure of what to think, her face blank, but her eyes shifting through many emotions. Finally, they hardened, revealing nothing, leaving them a cold metallic silver. Her face, revealed nothing as well. A wall had come down. Whose this, Pesa? She turned her gaze to Pesa.

Pesa flinched. "...Umbra... One of 'them'. It's one of my powers to summon 'them'... I should have explained earlier," she said. Umbra looked over at the Dreamer. She hadn't moved an inch. At least now she was breathing, though. Suddenly, she looked up at Rain for a split second. Her eyes were dark blue, and... Wait, was she crying? She had looked back down too fast to know for sure, and her hair was hiding her face. Umbra looked back at Rain. "If you didn't hear anything, this is going to cause a lot of confusion, and I'll leave. If you did... Then we'll answer any questions you have," she said.

((Added a bit on the second post about the Dreamer and Umbra.))

Rain was at a loss for words. Her ability to speak, seemed to go right out the window. Er... What are you? Did Pesa create you? Raven scratched at the door, joined by Storm, but Rain ignored them.

((Derp. I had a good reply to this... Then I lost it. This stone card thing sounds really cool though...))

((They'll be added up as they're found.))

Umbra laughed lightly. "I am one of 'them'. Saying what we are without the queen's permission can kill us," she said. "No, Pesadilla did not create me. She merely bound me to her. We can be 'captured' by the Dreamer card, and since she's the Dreamer... I was her first one of 'them' that was 'captured'. Would you like someone to get the door?" she said. "Also... Any more questions?"