Nanashi

Stones with Power

((Basically a bad guy. Someone that ones to rule the town with the gems or something...))

She gazed absently out the window. I love them almost as much as I love wolves. She then chuckled. Maybe that's my power. There was some seriousness in her comment, but it was more meant to be joking. How fitting that would be, being named Rain and all. It wasn't her real name. She just enjoyed it as such though. Her old name, was linked to past memories. The ones that haunted her dreams; casted a dark shadow over her life. Something that would scar her forever.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Ah, that's what I was guessing. That's a good idea.))

"Perhaps," Pesa said, smiling. "I know a few people like that. I'm one. But my powers are a secret. I'm still practicing." It was hard to use 'Dreamer Magic', and she was learning both types- 'Dream' and 'Nightmare'. "If you'd like, I can try to help you figure out what it is- Well, later. It's a bit early."

That'd be nice. Thanks. She fell back onto her pillow. Ugh. Sorry for waking you. We should probably get some sleep. Rain secretly wished that Pesa would stay. The nightmare had shook her right down to her core. She didn't want to go back to sleep. And usually, on a night like this, she wouldn't.

((I'm hallucinating that my arm sparkles when it moves. So, my mind is telling me to sleep. Night.))

"It's fine. And, um... D-Do you mind if I stay in here?" Pesa asked. "I can sense the... Energy of dreams and nightmares. I don't know what they're about, but I can sense them. So I might be able to stop the nightmares before they happen." Actually, she just needed a excuse to stay. And, in hef sleep, she sometimes absorbed nightmares. It was weird, but it made her a living dream catcher.

((EDIT: Morning.))

Edited by seacatsmew

((Good morning.))

Rain sighed with relief. Yeah, thanks. She scooted over, allotting room for Pesa to sleep.

((sorry for short post. xd.png ))

Pesa moved onto the bed, keeping on the edge. She normally did that. "Of course." Attempting to keep from blushing- And trying to keep Leo out of her head, since he was great at using telepathy- she watched Rain. Which, okay, is a bit weird. But... She couldn't help it.

((Better then no post.))

The girl laid down, and rolled over. She didn't want tot seem weird by laying there, staring at Pesa. Mentally exausted, the girl slipped into sleep. Soon after, she rolled back onto her other side, her chest rising and falling softly.

A woman stood across a meadow. Rain stepped forward hesitantly. She'd never seen her before, but something told her that she knew her. Flowers bobbed their brightly colored heads in the wind. The sun's soft white light illuminated her face, warming her skin. "Hello, Ame." Rain shied away from the name. Who are you? A laugh echoed in her ears, gentle, light. "It would make sense you wouldn't recognize me." Rain took another step back, her hands clenching into fists. Who are you?!

The woman crossed the meadow. She wore a flowing white dress, and as she walked, the wind tossed it back, giving her an air of elegance. She was so graceful, just watching her walk made Rain's jaw go slack. "Ame. Rain, I'm your mother."

But... How? What.... What kind of sick joke is this!!?? Her voice became shrill. A horrible scent began to overwhelm the flowers and honey. She soon realized, it was her own fear. "Calm down, my love." The woman set a gentle hand on her shoulder. A wave of calm settled over her. But... Rain shook her head. This is all a dream, isn't it? Isn't it!

The images faded away. She was at the beach now, watching the sunset.

"Hey." Ame looked up. A boy, about the age of 15. Hey, Jake. The boy sat down besdie her. Then, he slung his arm around her, bringing her closer. "Don't let him control you like that, Ame."

I'm going to run away. Jake sighed, burying his head in his knees for a few moments. "You don't have any money, or a place to stay. You don't even have a job!" Rain snapped to her feet. What else am I supposed to do?! I can't just stay there while his friends abuse me any way they like!

"They've been... Ame, why didn't you tell me? Why haven't you called the police?!" Tears rolled down her face. He's threatened to kill me if I said anything.

"But the police would protect you!" Ame looked at him, shaking her head. "Come with me tonight. Come live with me forever if you want." A car door slammed, and she looked up. There he was again. Now he held a gun. What are you doing? Dad, stop. DAD! A shot crackled in the air, and Jake slumped over. Ame was too stunned to speak. "Get in the car." Defiance, hate, anger, sadness, all tumulted through her. Tonight. She would do it tonight.

Lightning and thunder shook the small apartment. Lights flickered on and off. It was chaos, driven by Rain's emotions. She opened her eyes, and the cut out, leaving the room in an eeire silence, only broken by rain against the window.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Pesa was sitting up. She was asleep, but... She looked different. Black swirls of smoke-like energy swirled around her, and were absorbed. Suddenly, her eyes opened, and the energy vanished. She realized she had moved and slowly, quietly laid back down. The only way it cut off so quickly was if the dreamer was awake. "...Rain?" Her voice was a whisper, like she was afraid to break the silence. Because she was. She knew that if she had a nightmare one more time, then she'd have no choice but to take her 'shadow form'. It didn't matter that it would drain her of energy. Pesa wanted Rain to be able to sleep.

Rain looked to Pesa. I'm so sorry. She climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom. She locked the door, and slowly slid down it on her back. I'm such a coward... Standing slowly, she stumbled over to the small medicine cabinet and pulled it open. A bottle rattled in her shaking hands.

Take one nightly for relief.

She opened the bottle, and shook out four pills. Then she tossed them back into her mouth and swallowed.

Pesa sighed. Using the nightmare energy, she formed a red rose. It was literally a rose, not magical or anything. Then she realized what she was doing and her face turned red. But she couldn't take the energy back. Now what am I gonna do...? she thought.

She stumbled out of the bathroom, heading back into the bedroom. Raven and Storm had disappeared, probably off stressing about Rain. The medicine worked quickly, and she was already groggy. As she tried to cross the room, she stumbled and fell. Whaz dat r-reed shting? Ergh. The medicine made her drowsy, as well as a little loopy. But, it kept the memories and dreams at bay when she herself couldn't.

Pesa dropped the rose and quickly moved to Rain's side. "Erm, nothing... Are you okay?" she asked, worried.

((*has no ideas* Sorry for the short post.))

Never bedder. Her head lolled to the side as she went under. Somewhere, she was scolding herself. "You're no better than your father, overdosing on drugs to escape your problems." However, her brain was now slow and groggy, under the influence of narcotics. "Am I just like him Pesa? I'm just running from my problems, using drugs to do so..."

"...You're nothing like him," Pesa whispered. She picked Rain up effortlessly- Metal limbs were great for carrying things- and carried her to her bed, carefully putting her down. "Sorry. Didn't mean to use Dreamer to hear that," she said. She picked the rose up and put it beside the bed, and sat down.

"He killed him Pesa. I learned later that he was going to ask me to prom. And eventually ask me to marry him." She brought her hand to her eyes. "That censorkip.gif*** killed him. I'll never forgive him." Her hand fell to her side. "I saw my mother. She looked so beautiful, so kind. Why'd she die? Why? Why was I punished with a father so abusive, my mother dying? What did I do to deserve it? Edited by RavenWolf1010

"...I'm not sure, Rain... But a old friend of mine once said to focus on the present, not wish to change the past or see the future. No matter how much we wish for it... It may just cause us more pain." Pesa used more of the nightmare energy to create a pen and paper and wrote something down. "But I can't decide what you do. If you find a way to fix this, I just hope it turns out alright." She placed the pen and paper beside her and stood up.

((DS is dying so good night.))

"Where are you going? Please don't leave me." Pesa's presence made her feel secure. Of course, she probably deserved to be alone at this point. While she'd seemed to be all professional, not bothered by much, all around calm; she was far from it. No one had ever seen this side of her. Her true colors. Her ugly side. Jake was the only one who'd ever seemed to help.

She reached for her hand, her eyes pleading. "Please?"

((Alrighty, good night.))

((When it's morning. Sombra just kicked everyone out of her shop, and Pesa's... Busy, so... When it's morning.

Also, good morning.))

"Who said I was going anywhere?" Pesa moved the paper and pen off the bed, folding the paper and quickly using the last of the nightmare energy to create a envelope to hold it in. She then sat back down and took her hand. "I was writing a letter to my old friend." As soon as she said that, there was a hissing noise as the letter actually turned to ashes. Then the ashes vanished. "That means she got it."

((Her friend is weird. And not quite human. Heheheh...))

(( xd.png ))

Rain nodded, and her grip tightened slightly on Pesa's hand. "Pesa... I... Love you." Maybe it wasn't the right time, but Rain knew she had to tell her.

((I have a (sports) doctor's appointment for my shoulder. So, I might not reply right away?))

((Okay.))

A faint blush appeared on Pesa's cheeks. She smiled faintly. "I love you too, Rain," she said. She carefully kissed Rain on the forehead, then pulled away. "You should get some sleep, though. I'll be here."

((I suck when it comes to romance. So, I went with whatever came to mind.))

((

Sombra sighed. "Okay. This shop is closed. I don't care if you've paid or not. GET OUT!" She smiled and shoved everyone outside with their rocks, then slammed the door closed and locked it. She flipped over the sign, closed the curtains, and left.
Sombra just kicked everyone out.)) Edited by seacatsmew

"Well that was rather rude," Theo said, before turning and headed home for the day with Zoey closely following. "That made no sense." "A few minutes later and we could have gotten our stones for free!" Zoey said. "But oh well."

(I'm adding a pet:

Username: RoD

Name: Blizzard

Nicknames: Blizor/Blizzy

Personality: He's loyal to his owners

Species: Snow Leopard

Looks: Blue eyes and all

Owner(s): Zoey and Theo

Family: None

Powers: Can breath ice just a little

Other: Nope)

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

((Okay.))

A faint blush appeared on Pesa's cheeks. She smiled faintly. "I love you too, Rain," she said. She carefully kissed Rain on the forehead, then pulled away. "You should get some sleep, though. I'll be here."

((I suck when it comes to romance. So, I went with whatever came to mind.))

(( xd.png That's ok. Never done female x female romance. So... Yeah. xd.png ))

Rain let her eyes grow heavy and close. Her dreams were bizzare, but not unlike normal dreams. No memories came back to haunt her. Maybe it was the medicine, or maybe Pesa's powers. Or, Pesa herself. Her very presence. It brought solace to the troubled girl. She'd seen and experienced things that no child ever should. Had it made her stronger? Or broken her spirit? At times, it'd seemed to have given her the piss and vinegar at just the right time to become strong when others would grow weak. But it was always there, wearing her down. While she could mend, in time, she needed help. But it wouldn't fix her. No medication could take away the emotional scarring. Perhaps, the only thing that would ever help her, would be the memories to be wiped from her. The consequences of that though, could alter her whole personality and ego.

But bring her peace.