Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt

((I still responded to Emilia... just... posting to get Spinarak's training a bit further.))

Spinarak used String Shot to shoot some thread at the log, watching it as it stuck to the front end. The spider moved a little so the string started to wrap around the log more. "Now tug on it." Larien added, looking at her Pokedex's description of Constrict for ideas. They didn't have tenticles or vines to do this.

The string became even more taught than before when Spinarak pulled, breaking the string. It stayed very tight against the log as opposed to String Shot where it had been a bit looser. "Could work... though it's basically just a version of String Shot." The female trainer shrugged, seeming puzzled. "Add another layer... but this time as you're pulling it tight, use that to get yourself closer and try to wrap yourself around the log too. As best you can." She suggested, wondering if it would work better.

Spinarak complied, shooting off a bit thicker string this time than before and repeating the tug-process quickly so he moved toward the log before latching onto the wrapped section with his legs. He held on, squeezing a little to test it. "Ok good!" Larien added, having noticed the string got thicker the second time. "Can you get that off the log though? Like, break it off? So we can start again?" "Spina!" Spinarak answered, using his legs to rip off the strings from the log as he fell with them to the ground.

"Ok... one more time and then we're pry gonna see if we can get this log to move somehow so you've got practice on moving targets..." Larien added as Spinarak returned to where he was to start over. The thickened string soon was coating the log, and the process had been repeated with quicker speed than before.

During that moment Larien had an idea. "Spinarak... do that to me now..." She stated, knowing it pry sounded really odd to Emilia. She dropped her bag and set the Pokedex down before running a little around the area. "Whenever you're ready!" She called happily, watching the confused spider unsuredly fire off a thicker amount of string to where he thought she would end up. It missed, going behind her. "Keep trying Spinarak! I'll be alright!" She reassured with a smile, laughing a little when his fifth try hit her hand and started wrapping her up. She soon tripped and noticed her starter coming toward her to finish the move they created. It was abstract, but it could work.

"I think we should do it again... a couple more times.... then if you feel ready we can stop. K?" Spinarak's abdomen changed to a smile as he cut Larien out. She was a weird trainer- that was for sure- but he liked that she was using herself to help him learn.

[sorry my fault, couldn't get to an actual keyboard for a while.]

Emilia nodded taking back the journal, her and her father took the utmost care of the pokemon on the ranch. The Spinarak too seemed to want to show them something but Larien pushed the object back into her bag causing the pokemon to give up and move on with training. As his trainer joined in instructing the pokemon on how to accomplish the new move Emilia though it was best to also start training of her own. Though she didn't start immediately instead moved only to lean against the building to watch while Opal practiced Roar.

Spinarak started off practicing with the many logs around the training area. As the attempts grew so did Spinarak's ability to preform the move though Larien wanted to try something else and called for him to attack her. She definitely had a unique way of training her pokemon but it did give Spinarak a good amount of practice hitting a moving target. Emilia smiled at the game she played helping Spinarak before turning back to her own training.

"Alright Opal give me your best Roar."

The Vulpix nodded happily letting out several defiant growl-ish type noise to show she had improved from her earlier mewing.

"Good you've gotten better, now i want you to try and use it to scare me like Spinarak's joke did."

Opal gave her trainer a hurt looking face but turn her annoyance and anger into a vocal howl. This time it was more like a shrill howling noise as opposed to the earlier low growling. Emilia smiled knowing the move would come in hand later and now she also knew how a Vulpix's Roar sounded, noting it in her journal.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

Kaiser

After walking around the town for a while, Kaiser had found an empty area behind some houses, hopefully he wouldn't bother nobody there. Taking out his pokeballs he released both his pokemon "gible!" Gible cried happy, clearly recovered from the poisoning Venipede had caused him, Venipede on the other hand, made an annoyed sound, he was not happy from being taken away from his territory. "well Gible, you look much better now, how do you feel?" asked Kaiser to his starter, the dragon nodded happy, flexing his arm so his trainer could see he was not permanently harmed. Kaiser turned to Venipede "I see you don't like getting caught Venipede, but you are really strong and I couldn't let the chance of adding you to my team go" said Kaiser in a more serious tone to the centipede. Venipede turned his eyes to who was now his trainer, he liked being recognized as strong, still he wasn't happy abou getting caught. Kaiser sighed, it seemed it would be hard to make Venipede feel good with him. "why don't we try soemthign Venipede, I know you are not happy about having lost against Gible, why don't we train you to become stronger?" he continued. Venipede now looked at his trainer and nodded, that was something he was interested in.

"Alright, let's go then" said Kaiser. He took out his pokedex and pointed it at Venipede to check on his data, learning Venipede was a Male and that it already knew three moves, the same amount Gible knew, but he had offered Venipede to learn a new move so he had to do it. Inspecting Venipede's information, he learned the next move he could learn was Screech, not actually a damaging move, but it was still useful, specially if used in the right momment. Kaiser turned to the centipede who was, for some reason, curled up and moving around, as if eager to battle. "Venipede..." he called "do you know what Screech is?" he asked. Venipede unrolled and nodded, trying to mimic the sound he had heard before, only able to create a noise similar to that of nails scratching slate, but very short lived. Kaiser grinned, not liking much the sound, but he recognized Venipede was on a good path to learning the move. "yeah, its like that, but, we need to work on that" he said to the pokemon.

With Larien running around and Spinarak repeatedly trying out Constrict that they created, the spider was gradually getting better aim and a better hold on what Constrict did. Occasionally it even managed to slow her down a little before she fell, which she assumed was the chance of speed being lost by the move. It felt kinda funny, falling a bit slower for a moment, but Larien liked knowing Spinarak was getting better. One more shot was fired off before he stopped, watching Opal practice her Roar.

"Sounds kinda good... doesn't it?" Larien commented as she got up after being cut back out with Spinarak's help. "Spinarak..." He sounded a little unsure. He didn't know what a Roar sounded like and had no idea if Opal was doing it correctly. But it didn't make him happy to say the least. He figured that was what Roar was supposed to do, and in that sense he guessed it was good.

"So... you think you got Constrict down?" She added after Opal stopped. "Spinarak spina spin rin." Spinarak commented quickly as he faced her. His abdomen seemed determined, yet strangely happy. She smiled and laughed a little. "I'll take that as a yes? For now anyway?" The spider nodded slightly with a determined look in his eye. He knew the move wasn't perfect but he felt ready enough to use it on some battlers.

"Right. I honestly can't wait to see you use that move on a Pokemon." Larien picked up her starter and set him on her head before she went to go pick up her things. She didn't disturb Opal or Emilia, but Spinarak snuck into her bag as she set him down to pick up her Pokedex so he wouldn't fall off. He pulled out her badge case again purposefully while Larien watched Opal for a moment before hanging out in her bag after leaving the case on the ground shoved under the section of bag he was in. As expected, she didn't notice as she lifted up her bag to her shoulder. "Opal's pretty good at that." She commented as Spinarak peeked out from the bag's opening. "Spinarak!" He added with a hidden smile on his abdomen.

"That's great Opal" Emilia said happily. "You're are going to do great in the tournament tomorrow."

Though she was excited for the tournament she knew she would have to face trainers with much more experience than her. All they could do was hope for and do their best she'd just have to learn from her mistakes.

"Well i think we should take a break now you've been at that for a while. I wonder how Larien and Spinarak are doing?"

However as Emilia turned to find the other trainer she was met with an empty practice field save a small case near the edge of it. Curiosity immediately struck her and she found herself walking over and picking the object up. It looked like a case trainers got for keeping their badges safe and upon opening it she found her guess to be correct.

Unfortunately it also brought with it more doubt for her mind as there could be only one person it belonged too.

"I mean i figured she was good but...seven badges...and with trainers like her in the contest I'll be crushed first round" she mumbled.

She had studied Pokemon extensively for six years after she had been unable to go on her journey at ten and had learned just about everything there was to know, textbook wise, about pokemon battles. She had memorized type match ups, studied moves, and ran through the battle simulations time and time again. Though now that she was actually on the adventure it didn't seem like that knowledge was going to help her much against more experienced trainers. Opal, sensing her trainers distress, padded at her leg before nodding towards the exit to try and distract her.

"Yeah you're right we need to get this back to Larien promptly."

After she gathered up her things Emilia and Opal ran back into the center hoping to find out where Larien had went.

Larien was signing up for the tournament when she went to put her Pokedex back into her bag. Spinarak by now had climbed back onto her head and was watching her sign the paper Nurse Joy had given her when she froze. "Spinarak..." The spider could tell that he was probably going to be in trouble. "Have you seen my badge case?" She picked the spider up and set him on an open space on the counter. The nurse came by to collect the paper she had finished signing before returning to her post.

Spinarak's abdomen was a frowning face now as his trainer looked through her bag. Her gaze met him soon after. "Did you drop it?" She'd figured it out. He didn't answer. "You were in there... Spinarak did you drop it?" She repeated with still no answer. "C'mon... just tell me." The spider's frown got worse. Larien sighed but patted the spider gently. "You were curious... you never did get to see them... so how'd you know they were in there?" He doubted she would believe him if he answered 'lucky guess'. It was kind of obvious. The bages were the only other thing in there with a case besides the Pokedex that he could shove out of her bag.

"Well-" Larien stopped when Emilia came into the Center with what looked to be her badge case. She was happy, yet, she also didn't really wish Emilia had saw it. "Stay." She told Spinarak, walking somewhat over to Emilia. She could only imagine what Emilia was thinking. Hopefully she understood it hadn't been her intention to brag. She would have been all too happy to keep those a secret for as long as possible.

"I doubt that anyone could have gotten a good look, thanks to the Machoke guarding the prize table," Florent commented.

"I assumed that we'd stay in the rooms provided by the Pokecenter." To be honest, he wanted to save his cash for things he might need for later, and even though the pokemon center's rooms were a step down from the luxury he had grown to know, he knew he had to lay low until he could establish himself. "But I guess I can help you look for an inn, since it's still a while before it gets really dark."

Florent exited the pokemon center, whether Dana was following him or not. Maybe there would be an inn with good rates around here, with softer beds. He just had to look.

Event ((...or not? Your call.))

As Tanaka sent more and more bark flying off the tree, Icarus left Wing-wings to tutor her and left to look around. Grim stood up and followed him, wondering where he was going.

Stopping in front of a house, he heard a familiar noise." Grim, you hear that?" The purple skunk nodded and ran behind a house. They spotted a guy with a Venipede. The pokemon was making horrible noises. Icarus grinned. It was another trainer trying to teach his pokemon screech." Hey!" He called." Need a hand?" Grim walked forward, without hesitation, looking at them curiously. He let out a screech of his own, as if to show the Venipede an example.

Florent

Florent had only taken a few steps out of the Pokemon Center when he could see what seemed like a surrender flag on a nearby tree. Curious, he approached the tree and could see there was no flag, instead, what he saw was a white piece of cloth stuck on a branch of the tree, inspecting the tree branch, he could tell it was a delicated piece of cloth, maybe silk.

Item Found: Silk Scarf

Kaiser

While Kaiser helped Venipede training, Gible watched patiently, it seemed he was not the only one having trouble mastering a new move, a relief because he was thinking he was just a slow learner. "let's try again" said the trainer, Venipede nodded stepping firm on the ground he released the same noise than ebfore, this time more concentrated and stronger, now it really sound like a Screech, though in the middle of the vocalization, Venipede choked, he was having trouble making the high pitched noise without hurting his throat(?). Gible sighed in relief, even though he wanted Venipede to master this new move, the sound was really getting high and annoying, it was actually a relief, for him, it has stopped. "its ok Venipede, have some rest before continueing" said Kaiser to his pokemon as he offered Venipede an Oran Berry so he felt better.

As Venipede ate the berry, Gible's nightmare returned, another Screech came their way, though he was sure it was not coming fro Venipede. Kaiser turned around as saw a boy with a Stunky "need a hand" the boy asked. Kaiser smiled, he was not really fond of getting interrumpted, but it was clear to him Venipede could masterthe move faster if he could see it first handedly. "well... I guess we could use some help" he said in a serious tone. Venipede stared at the Stunky, annoying pokemon, he would show the skunk he could release a Screech and better than it.

Alv sat on the ground for a long time, staring at the Hard Stone that had hit him. This item would be useful if he had a rock-type Pokémon, but it was useless at the moment. He got up and walked around the forest for a few more minutes until he let Flots out.

"Okay Flots, we're going to learn new move." He told his Pokémon. Flots nodded in determination and stood up. "This one is called Pursuit, a dark-type move. It's a fast move, so you gotta be ready to run." Flots got up into a running pose. "Good. Now basically, you run at your opponent and strike them anywhere, it's more effective if they aren't expecting it, so you wanna give it a try on the bush?"

Flots nodded and sprinted forward. It was going well until Flots missed the bush and slammed right into a tree. Flots quickly got up, embarrassed by his stupid mistake, only to run into the tree again. Alv sighed and headed towards his Pokémon.

Emilia was relieved Larien hadn't gone too far and she slowed from her run. Walking over to the other trainer to meet her half way she held out the badge case.

"I uh, I believe this is yours" Emilia stammered. "I mean i wouldn't want you to lose your badges after all the work you put into collecting them. I've heard Johto is one of the hardest regions for gym leaders and it's really, uh, amazing for you to get so far. You must be a pretty strong trainer to collect seven of them, though I'm sure with your talent it wasn't to tough.

As she rambled on she could feel the nervous tone in her voice growing more and more prominent and she tried to push her feelings back down so Larien wouldn't noticed. Though the distress on her face was quite clear even if she was trying her hardest to stay calm.

Larien took the case back gently, noticing Emilia's nervousness as she spoke to her. "Thanks." She said with a friendly smile in an attempt to cheer her up. "Johto's my home region... in fact, I actually came from there to here not too terribly long ago. It was fun, though, I also enjoy the challenge of going to a different region entirely so far." She explained, noticing Spinarak had made his way over while dragging her back behind him by a thread.

"I thought I told you to stay there...." Larien knelt down, picking up her bag and the spider with it. He hung sadly from the end he was still attached too, the frown still on his abdomen. He didn't mean to make Larien try to explain the badges. He expecially didn't mean to upset this new trainer person Emilia.

"Uh... well, anyways..." Larien started again, looking back to Emilia. She once again had a bit of a smile. This might help. "Even with seven badges, challenging gym leaders and any pokemon battle I've been in still has been incredibly fun Emilia... I enjoy finding out new ways of other's attack styles and watching the bonds they hold with their pokemon." She let Spinarak hold onto the badge case as he shortened the thread a bit, still frowning. "Though I understand where you could be a bit intimidated..." She hoped that wouldn't cross too far on a nerve. "Hey, but, I will tell you this though... as contradictory as it may seem, we're all on level playing field in the end. Badges or not, what really counts is how well you believe in your pokemon and the bonds you all form over your travels." That was really the only advice Larien could ever give. It had saved her more than once in battles before and had also cost her dearly when she had to leave Weepinbell behind along with all the other pokemon she had formed bonds with. She missed them dearly, though her bonds with her knew pokemon here were her main priority right now.

She gently picked up Spinarak who was still frowning. "We didn't mean to scare you from participating in the competition... really we didn't- and I hope we didn't. This little guy here was just curious to see badges since he had heard from a friend I had found here that I had them... which I'd guess is how they fell out in the first place." The spider's frown got worse, but Larien patted the spider slightly. "Silly little prankester accidently dropped them..." He looked up at Emilia with a look of an apology. She probably was really worried about the tournament now and it was all his fault. He didn't like that. But Larien didn't stop talking just yet.

"If you'd like... or if it'd make you more comfortable... we could help ya out a bit before the Tournament starts. Maybe give you a few pointers if you'd want." She finished, the friendly smile back fully. If Emilia would like some help, Larien would try to be of good help to her. It was the least she could do. "Spinarak rak!" Spinarak added, perking up a bit. He'd gladly try and make her feel better.

((Timeskipping to the next day now. If you have anything you want to finish from the day before, post it on your next post, I don't mind them being long.))

Everyone

The next morning, the usual calm of Pring Town was changed by the chatting of the crowd approaching the park. In the middle, three tents stood above the ret of the regular sized stands surrounding them. One larger than the others, the tents were adorned with flags on their tops, two for the largest one and bound to the ground by long and thick ropes. At the gates of the park, two woman aprt of the staff invited the attending crowd to the many attractions they had, including the main of all, the Tournament that was scheduled to start in the next hour. Inside the park, many stands with every possible fair game covered the park, from a shooting range with air guns to the Magikarp fishing games near the pond, all offering from the simpliest of prizes like pokemon plushies to the rarest one offering even pokemon as prizes. Every diretion your eyes looked you would find this stands, but in the middle of all, the path was cleared to the tents, only the main and largest one had an entrace, inside of it, a large arena stood in the middle with tribunes at each end and one on the nearest side to the entrance. On the other side of the arena, a large screen displaying a movie of the previous champions of the tournament and thier battles. Under the screen, a podium with a table holding the prizes for all the participants and winners of the tournament was. Several Evolutionary stones plus three TM disks and a big cylinder covered by a blanket. Behind the podium, two "doors" protected by Machokes that lead to the other two tents, one for the participants and one for the staff.

Tom

Tom woke up, spending the night at the Pokemon Center was really nice, although there was nothing like his home, but this was not bad either. The boy went to the bathroom to take a shower and prepared to leave. In less than an hour, he was ready to leave, he had ate his breakfast at the Pokemon Center's lunchroom and was on his way to the park. As he approached, he could see all the crowd around the tents, buying food, playing the usual fair games to earn pokemon plushies and all the trainers entering the tents. As he arrived at the park, he was greeted by a cheerful woman who invited him to visit the main and largest tent to watch the tournament that was about to begin, unbeknownst to her, he was already heading there, but to be a aprt of the tournament. Tom smield and amde his way to the tent. He asked the assistant at the entrace where should the participants go and he was led to the arena at the middle, other two boys were already waiting for the tournament to start "please have aptience, we are only waiting for the other participants to arrive so we can begin with the tournament" the assistant told the group, much to one of the other boys disgust. Around them, the bleachers were begginging to get filled with people excited about a new tornament starting soon.

Flots looked at Alv in disgust, the boy was lying on the ground with his drooling mouth open, he was covered in dirt and only had slept for two hours, he had tried to train Flots Pursuit, but had no luck and crashed onto the ground. Flots however, had slept well, when he had been captured, he had managed to make his Pokéball suitable for his own comfort. The Buizel had managed to get a full night's rest before waking up. He slowly approached his trainer and prodded him. No answer. He prodded him again. Nothing. This time Flots used Water Gun, a large stream of water crashed into Alv's face, making the boy immediately get up. "Right!" Alv said in surprise. "Wait, what?"

Flots facepalmed, his trainer had forgotten all about it. He attempted to spell "Tournament" in the dirt, it was spelt wrong and some of the letters were unrecognizable, but Alv got it anyways. "Oh right!" He shouted in dismay. "The tournament's today! We need to go straight away." He looked at his watch, recalled Flots and sprinted forwards, only to collapse a few meters up ahead. Flots and Chubs burst out of their Pokéballs and tried to drag Alv to the tournament. Unfortunately, they had only lasted a few feet before giving up. They both sat down and stared at the ground. Suddenly, Flots got up and fished a few dollar bills out of Alv's pocket, he had a terrific idea. He ran to the Pokémart and purchased a jar of coffee powder, ignoring all the bewildered faces of the people in the shop. He then ran back and poured the whole thing into Alv's mouth. It worked like magic, Alv got up, breathing heavily and retrieved his Pokémon. He ran past all the people at the fair into the giant tent but was stopped by a friendly woman.

"Excuse me, but are you participating?" She asked.

Alv shook and nodded his head at the same time. "Yes! I mean no... wait... yes... I am! Miss! Yes I am!" The lady smiled nervously and led him to a giant arena. Alv looked around, he saw three other boys around him. "YES! I AM GOING TO WIN!" He shouted uncontrollably. "YOU GUYS ARE... you guys are going... down... yeah... down... sorry... I haven't slept properly and one of my Pokémon had to shove a whole jar of coffee into my mouth. Sorry." He explained as his lips quivered, he then sat down right where he was, holding his legs although they were still vibrating.

((Longest post ever!))

Edited by BeardedKumquat

((Light, Larien still could have given Emilia pointers smile.gif I don't mind what you put if you want))

Spinarak hung from the cieling as Cleffa watched nearby the door. He had taken Cleffa out of the pokeball to have her watch Larien get scared for going to bed without a proper good night. She had been tired from her traveling and a bit too excited about participating in the tournament. Right now though, she slept half fallen off the bed the Center had given her.

"Cleff cleff..." Cleffa said again, really unsure this was as good an idea as Spinarak said it was. The spider put one leg to his mandibles as a gesture of 'Shhh' the humans used to much. She stayed silent as he lowered himself a little more. He hung near Larien's face now, his abdomen a very scary face. "Spina spin spin" Spinarak commanded as Cleffa used Pound on the bed post.

Larien jolted awake, knocking into Spinarak as she sat up. She screamed as she opened her eyes to see the evil looking face before Spinarak dropped on her lap, changing to a happy smile as Cleffa hid a little by the bed post. "Spinarak!!" Spinarak called as if to say 'Surprise!' while Larien came to her senses. She heard a bit of laughter. Cleffa was laughing? "Cleff cleff!" Cleffa added, popping out from her hiding spot.

Larien chuckled, realizing she'd gotten pranked. "You guys.... you two are gonna be mischeivious aren't you?" The two of them had innocent looks on their faces as she uncovered herself and stood up. She stretched before checking the time. It was two hours before the tournament started. "I'll be back soon.... nobody scare anyone else too much..." She stated as she grabbed her stuff to get ready for the morning.

It took only about a half hour for her to get ready before she returned to the room. Her two pokemon were laughing with each other leaving Larien wondering how Cleffa suddenly got over her fear of the spider. It was a good thing, but still seemed somewhat odd. She didn't press it though. Instead, she had gotten food for them both and made sure to eat breakfast all together. Once the two pokemon finished, the trainer cleaned up her area before thanking the Nurse near the lunchroom. "Alright you guys... lets get going." Spinarak happily climbed up onto Larien's head as Cleffa was returned to her pokeball.

The three of them left the Center and went out into the new day toward the tournament. Crowds of people and sounds everywhere. "Look for a way to get into the largest tent... k Spinarak?" The spider nodded, keeping a watch out. "Are you participating in the tournament miss?" Someone called from a little ways behind her as she shuffled through the crowd.

Larien made her way over to the lady. "Yes... can yo-" "Right this way." The lady pointed to an entrance as someone else began to lead her into the arena. Tom was already there, along with Alv and a few others. Cool. "You ready buddy?" Spinarak smiled. "Spin!" He answered happily. He was ready. But Larien couldn't help but remember she had also signed up Cleffa for the fight. She planned on using Cleffa only if needed, and figured it was safe to register her. "Think Cleffa's ready?" Spinarak glanced down at the ball. "Spinarak." He assured her. He figured Cleffa would hold her own. She was Larien's pokemon now after all and Larien hadn't let either of them down yet.

The crowd was much bigger than Dana had expected. There were people milling about everywhere, chatting enthusiastically or trying their hand at the various carnival games. And if he remembered correctly, the tournament were supposed to be in the big tent, so these guys were all going to be watching when he finally got to battle. "You ready for this, Skorupi?" He asked the bug Pokemon perched on his shoulder. She nodded absently, busy looking at the crowd herself. Neither of them were the type to get stage fright, and Dana hoped that wouldn't suddenly change now.

He wandered up to the huge tent. "I'm here for the contest," he informed the woman at the entrance.

She briefly checked over his entry. "Alright!" She chirped. "Right this way." The two of them walked inside. Dana gasped quietly - the tent seemed even bigger from the inside, if that was possible. He milled around for a bit, wondering where he was supposed to be, before he spotted Larien heading toward one of the connected smaller tents. He yelled a "hey!" in her direction, but she didn't seem to notice. "Well, guess that's where we're supposed to be," he murmured. Skorupi nodded again, and he followed her into the participant tent.

"Larien! Hey." He grinned. A lot of other people he recognized from the lab were there too. Maybe he'd get to face some of them. "Wow, I do not feel ready. But there's nothing else we can do now, right?"

Icarus walked with all three of his pokemon next to him. He sighed, remembering the previous day. Before he was able to help out the other kid, Tanaka had injured her head pretty bad practicing the move. While she could use it now, it had resulted in him immediately running off to help her, and spending the night in the pokemon center to accompany her.

He reached the tent with the prizes and looked at his surroundings. Hopefully, he would fare okay in this first tournament. Wing-wings was twice as apprehensive as he. Grim and Tanaka obviously didn't care much, with Tanaka running up ahead of them.

[i feel like the tips would work well in building up Emilia's confidence for the tournament, so yes that would be great. Thanks smile.gif

Emilia nodded with a slight nervous smile as Larien thanked her for returning the case. Though she was still uneasy about possibly facing Larien or someone of her skill level in the tournament the other trainer's words at lest helped her out of a complete breakdown. She looked at her Vulpix knowing how close they were already even after the first day of their friendship. Even Nurse Joy joined in and rested her hand on Emilia's shoulder encouragingly.

"Larien is right there's nothing stronger then the trust you have with your pokemon." Joy said soothingly. "Besides the tournament has several different skill level brackets for more or less experienced trainers."

This news both from Larien and Nurse Joy gave Emilia waves of relief and she relaxed just that much more before picking up Opal. Her Vulpix's soft fur felt soothing against her arms as she held the pokemon. Though she almost dropped her when Larien talked about helping her before the tournament.

"Real...really" Emilia stuttered. "That would be great."

After that her nervousness went away almost entirely and she began to smile brightly, hugging her pokemon tighter. As Larien left she called a friendly goodbye but instead of immediately signing up she stood there for a while thinking.

"Do you think we can pull this whole battle thing off Opal" she asked.

The pokemon simply gave her trainer a reassuring lick and nodded. With that Emilia's confidence spiked making her feel like she and Opal could take on the entire world.

------[That math test on Monday is going to make this one of the longest post i ever had lol]

Emilia laughed in joy as Opal used her Ember to knock down the last target to win their third carnival game that morning. They had been up pretty early enjoying the fair and all its games. She happily accepted the Vulpix plush and stuffed it into her backpack with the Bergmite and Furret they had won as well. Even Bellsprout seemed to be enjoying herself and the treats Emilia had bought them all. Emilia felt much better after the events of the day before and a good nights rest did wonders on her anxiety about the tournament. Though the loud speakers brought her back to their big event of the day as it called for all entries to report in before it began.

"We should probably get going if we don't want to miss it" she said to her pokemon who both gave a determined nod.

It was nice to finally have Ivy(Bellsprout) on her side. After she had signed up she spent the rest of the day trying to befriend the pokemon. And after looking at her closely she found a good amount of scars along the pokemon's body showing how brave she was in her many fights. This provoked a theory that the Bellsprout had never or rarely been bested by the wild pokemon in her habitat and that she resented Emilia for taking her away. However to compensate Emilia had promised the pokemon to make her even stronger than she was before and got Ivy to smile at the thought of becoming a powerful Victreebel.

Now Emilia had two great pokemon she could trust by her side and each had unique qualities she loved. As the three of them reached the main tent they were guided into the arena where the battles would be held. Emilia was amazed by the grandness of it all and looked around until she was pulled away over to a tent for the participants. She swallowed as she entered the smaller tent noticing all the trainers she would possibly be battling.

((Ivy will definitely trigger some memories from Larien... ....that poor poor Weepinbell...))

Larien was a little caught off gaurd when Dana yelled her name. She greeted him with a wave and a hello as Spinarak spotted Skorupi. The trickster waved too, a giant grin on his abdomen. "I'm sure you'll do fine Dana. Skorupi seems interested enough." She commented on his comment about not being ready. "Don't sweat it though... you two captured that Spinda very nicely. So why not put that spirit to use here? You can't go wrong then!" She offered as advice with an encouraging smile. Skorupi would be a tough opponent to beat. The little skorpion was a fighter, and had a fan from Spinarak already so he'd be cheering her on when Dana went to battle.

Larien was more excited to just be able to be here. Johto was fun, yeah, but she enjoyed seeing new pokemon and not having the constant reminder of a few tramautic events in her past haunting her. Not that that stopped. But here at least she could do more good than harm. If anything.

Florent had woke up that morning to an unfamiliar ceiling. He had just started getting used to his parents' house in Broskii, and from now on he doubted he would stay any place more than two nights in a row. The sun just barely filtered through the pokecenter windows, but he could hardly wait for the tournament. His battle with Dana the previous day left him supercharged.

Chikorita shook itself awake when Florent climbed out of bed to go for a morning walk. The trainer decided to bring the grass-type along to bask in the early morning sunshine, while leaving Minccino curled up on the bed for a little longer. He left his bag behind to tell the chincilla that he would be back, but he was certain that the pokemon would still be sleeping by the time they returned.

Florent had realized these few days that Chikorita was quite the fighter, and he intended to capitalize on that fact today. Since the pokemon was so full of energy, he began to think of what move they might practice next. "Mega Drain?" he asked, with no response. He was stumped, and resorted to the Pokedex. "Ahah! Poisonpowder. I thought that was more of a move for an Oddish or a Shroomish. It's like shaking spores or pollen out, right?"

Chikorita made a face in concentration, then shook its entire body as if shaking out water. A fine purple mist appeared around it. Florent hurried to cover his nose with his shirt -- he knew exactly how spore attacks would affect humans. "Good! We're getting somewhere!"

~~~

Later on in that day they still hadn't gotten a hang of the new move yet, but Florent didn't want to wear his Chikorita out too much before the tournament. He went back to pick up Minccino (who was predictably still asleep) from the pokemon center, and they headed towards the tent just in time for the start of the festivities (Oh, he wished he had some time to go Magikarp fishing!). The chinchilla was perched on his shoulder while the leaf pokemon walked in front of him, stopping only when reaching the lady who directed them to the participant's tent.

Assembled there were, predictably, many of the kids who began at Willow's lab the day before, but there were also some faces he didn't recognize. He wondered who he would be facing in the first round.

"Morning everyone!" greeted Florent.

Kaiser

Kaiser woke up early that morning. He made his way to the bathroom trying not to wake up Gible or the rolled up Venipede. Once he had taken a bath and changed his clothes, he woke up both pokemon andtogether the three had gone to the Pokemon Center's lunchroom. When they were done, Kaiser returend the two pokemon to their pokeballs and made his way to the park. When he was close enough to hear the conmotion created by the crowd he hurried. He could see the large tent raising above all the stands and smiled, that was for sure where the tournament was going to take place.

On his way, Kaiser thought about the previous day andhow he couldn't finished teaching Venipede the move Screech. yeah he was close to mastering the move and with the help of that other kid and his Stunky, he would've mastered it in no time. Though, one of his pokemon had injured itself and the boy was forced to leave Kaiser alone again. Well, maybe he could look for him later after the tournament, or maybe he was going to take part of the tournament too, who knows.

As he arrived at the entrance of the park, one fo the staff members greeted him and told him to visit the large tent to see the tournament that was about to start. Kaiser nodded and made his way to the tent. upon entering, he saw a group of other new trainers led by one fo the staff member to one of the tents in the back. Figuring this was where participants must be, he followed the group. As he arrived he could see a lot people already getting impatient. Despite the fct one of the staff members was givnig them directions, Kaiser and others didn't paid much attention, loosing most of the information given to them. Instead, focusing on the group of trainers, Kaiser could recognize the world from the day before but before he could approach him to talk, a loud explosion .

Everyone

When Kaiser and the group he followed wjoined the participants in the back of the tent, one of the staff members, a woman with a kind voice cleared her throat, calling for attention. "Well, it seems everyone is here, so, we're ready to start. Right now, the masterof ceremonies will give some words of introduction, when he is done, all the participants will have to present themselves at the arena where the brackets for the first round matches will be arranged on the screen. So, please if you ahve any of your pokemon out of their pokeballs, return them and wait for my signal to go in the arena" the woman ended.

Outside, two large explosions were heard, fireworks exploding to call everyone's ettention and let them know the Tournament was about to beggin. In the matter of a few seconds, all the clearings at the stands were filled adn the bleachers seemed even larger now that they were filled. A man wearing a blue suit cleared his throat on a microphone and the crowd stopped talking. Through the silence, the man spoke with a cheerfull voice "Hello and welcome everyone to the annual Pring Town Tournament!" the crowd roared with happy screams at his words "yes yes! I know everyone is excited about it, I know I am!" he continued teasing the crowd into making more noise. As his taunts were responded with loud sheers, the man chuckled "as you all know so well, before the Tournament starts, we have to introduce you to our guest judge, so please, give a warm welcome to the former Champion of the Broskii Pokemon League and the man who makes all of Pring Town proud! Dante!" once again the crowd raored, this time louder as a dark haired man with spiky hair and wearing grey pants and long sleeved blue shirt, with its end folded back to the middle of his arm and whose body ressembled more a bodybuilder than a pokemon trainer stepped next to the master of ceremonies. "Hello Pring Town!" the man called in a deep voice, proper to his appereance. "I've come today to watch this annual event that gives out town so much joy!" he continued. "as you heard I'll be aiding as a judge and I can't wait to see all the thrilling battles we will all be expectators today" the man ended. Recovering the microphone the master of ceremonies smiled "please give Dante a good applause!" the man commented. The crowd obeyed, not that they needed him to tell them that, they were already preparing to do it.

Once the cheers ended, the master of ceremonies asked the crowd to calm down a little to continue with the schedule "now, as we all know, the Tournament is divided into two divisions, the first one is the Begginers Division, were all the participants are rookie trainers who haven't won more than one or two badges. The second one, the Regular Division is for those experienced trainers who have visited out lovely Pring Town just to be a part of this Tournament!" the man explained. The crowd roared again, as cheerfull as the first time. The man took the microphone and spoke once again "Ok, now, without further ado, please give a warm welcome to all the participants of the Begginers Division!" he called out loud, almost shouting as with his right arm he signaled to the entrance to the Participant's Tent. At that very momment the woman in the tent signaled all the participants to come out. The group, guided by her, made their way out of the tent and to the middle of the Arena. Sixteen trainer in total, arranged in four lines of four, two at each side of the middle line of the arena made their appearance. The crowd roared as they saw all the participants appear before them. Watching how the crowd didn't calmed down, the master of ceremonies had to speak through all the cheerings "don't they seem like a promising group?" the man claimed smiling before he interrumpted the crowd once again "ok, now if you look at the screen, you'll see all of their face and names under them" the man said. On the large screen, sixteen pictures, each of them a picture of one of the participants appeared, their names under the pictures. "now, let me explain the First Round Rules, in the First Round is a one on one battle, no changes allowed, so you should think carefully which one of your pokemon you'll choose for this battle" he explained.

As the crowd remained in awe the man turned once again to the screen "now, let's see who gets to face who in the first round matches" he called. As the man stopped talking, all the pictures started moving randomly and after about half a minute of random movements, they started to stay put, in groups of two displaying every match of the first round" All the trainers looked at each other, finding their opponents for the first round battles and trying to figure each other out but they were interrumpted by the master of ceremonies once again "well, there you go, eight battles! eight matches that, I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see them all!" he insitgued the crowd, getting a loud cheering and applause mix up, some of them calling the names of the participants, others simply cheering excited, but all encouraging the group of new trainers for the battles. "I can see we are all impatient to see this tournament begin. Ok, let the tournament begin with the first match!" the man said. On the screen, the eight battles arranged in a bracket system, showing which pairing goes after which, the first of them all, moving from its place in the brackets to take place in the entire screen, the picture of a Icarus and a brown haired girl named Alexx appeared. "please, Icarus and Alexx, take your positions!" the man called.

The staff lady pointed the two participants to the boxes at each end of the arena so they take position to start with the battle while she lead the rest of the group back to the participants tent to wait for their turn to battle. As both Icarus and Alexx held their pokeballs in hand, the referee took his position in the middle of the arena, and with a move of his hand he had the tournament begin with their battle.

Icarus stood facing the other trainer. He focused on the battle and readied his pokeball. Throwing it into the air, Wing-wings emerged and chirped fiercely. The two of them stared at the opponent intently, waiting for him to send out his pokemon.

"C'mon, Ain't got all day here!"

Larien complied once all the fireworks started going off. Spinarak was not happy about going back into his pokeball, but, for the competition's sake he reluctantly allowed the red light to send him into the sphere. She listened to the speaker explain the rules of the competition and how things would work. It sounded fun. But also challenging. She looked forward to the match-ups to see who she would be fighting.

It didn't take long. The board started slowly showing everyone's photos and names next to their first round partner. Larien looked for hers excitedly, wondering who it would be. Susan's name showed up shortly thereafter. Susan? Larien looked around for the matching face amoung the crowd. Nobody. Not yet. She noticed though that Icarus was up first with someone named Alex. A small smirk crossed her face. "G'luck Icarus." She commented quietly as the crowd was lead to the waiting area as their battle started.

It wasn't long before Larien was asked to go to a different section. She was up next, and the first battle was close to coming to an end. She wasn't allowed to see the outcome, though, the staff woman stated that the results would be posted on the original board they had been chosen on, with the loosing member's photo greyed out. But Larien wouldn't see that until after her battle.

"Right this way please miss." The woman lead her down into the arena once Icarus's battle was over. She went to the closest side of the battle field as anothe trainer entered from the other side. Susan then?

"This will be a one on one match! Choose carefully!" The referree reminded them both as they took their postions on either end of the field. His raised hand lowered quickly, "Begin!" as he moved out of the way to the edge of the field.

"Alright Spinarak... I know you can do this!!" Larien tossed the spider's ball into the air. The pokemon came out near the ground, falling and landing lightly that extra two inches. His abdomen was a feirce face, yet Larien could tell it also held determination and excitement. "Ready!?" "Spinaraaak!!" Spinarak called, the face turning to a determined smile. They had this. Larien could feel it. "Do your best!" She reminded the spider with a determined smile of her own. It didn't matter if they won or not to her. She just wanted to have some fun.

Icarus

The brown haired girl wearing a short pink dress and a tan jacket over it took her position on the trainer box, her face displaying all the doubts and fear she had to be the one opening the tournament "I didn't want to go first" she thought. But now it that didn't matter, she had been chosen to open the tournament and it was her responsibility to do so. The long haired girl reached for the balls clipped on her side bag and grabbed the first one "I hope this is a good choice" she thought as she hurled the pokeball to the arena. A Pidove was released from the ball. The pokemon chirped happy, apparently unaware of where it was.

The referee moved his hand "Begin!" he called. Alexx was too nervous to notice the other trainer had sent a Starly and called her first move "Pidove use Gust!" the girl said pointing at the other side of the arena. Pidove looked back to her confused, it didn't know where it was, and why was it facing another bird, but seeing the other pokemon had a defiant look on its face it started flapping its wings rapidly, creating a high speed around it and what seemed like air blade moving towards the Starly.

Larien

A red haired girl wearing a black sleeveless blouse and a sleeveless red jacket and a matching black and red skirt made her way to the trainer box in the arena. She stepped firmly with her short red boots and long -past knee high- black socks, a smile on her face, for some reason she seemed very confident about the battle. Adjusting her black puffy hat which was mainly black and red on the sides, he reached the tan belt on her waist and took a pokeball from it. She moved the pouch attached to the belt to a side so it wouldn't bother her during the battle. "Go Bunnelby!" she said throwing the pokeball in the air. Immediately, a brown rabbit appeared on the arena "-elby!" the pokemon cried in a confident tone as it crossed its arms infront of its chest.

Now with both pokemon in the arena the referee called for the battle to begin. Susan wathed at the Spinarak with a confident smile "Tackle Bunnelby" she said without any excitement. The rabbit nodded and hoped from one place to theother until it reached the spider, hiting it with the lower part of its body.

Kaiser

After all the conmotion from the introduction of the tournament ended and he saw all the other participants arranged in pairs to battle, Kaiser returned to the Participants Tent and waited patiently for the other battles to finish and his turn to come. As the battle between the two boys ended, Kaiser and his opponent were guided to the arena. Taking his position on the trainer box he looked at the other side, idling which of his pokemon was the best choice for the battle for a momment. After a while he decided it would be ebst to go with what was sure and choose Gible's pokeball. He hurled the pokeball to the arena, releasing the small blue land shark pokemon "gible!" the pokemon cried happy. Kaiser smiled and waited patiently for his oppponent to choose her pokemon to begin the battle.

Dana recalled Skorupi, who didn't make too much of a fuss. And now he was bouncing in his seat, too nervous to try to strike up a conversation with any of the others. According to the screen, he wasn't facing anyone he knew yet. Although if he and Larien both managed to win two battles... Hmm. He'd seen the way Skorupi was looking at Spinarak earlier. They'd probably love a chance to face off. He smiled, just a little, and watched the battles.

Soon, the referee announced that it was his turn to battle. He was guided into one of the trainer boxes, with the girl named Melissa standing across from him. "Okay," he breathed and tried to relax, remembering Larien's advice. He was more experienced with Skorupi - it would probably be better to try this tournament thing out with her first. "Go, Skorupi!" Skorupi burst out of the Pokeball and landed lightly, stretching her claws out. She glanced around the arena (lots of people watching and nowhere to hide - that's okay, she'd just have to do better), then stared up expectantly, waiting for her opponent.