ShadowMonster

The third Greenfield

Elfte was not paying attention when the other man came in. She leaned against a glass display case and listened in silence. She did not have much to say so she kept quiet and just listened. Humans were so chatty. She was surprised they ever had time to think with all the noise leaking from their mouths. She looked at the male skeptically when he challenged Fette's knowledge of herbs. She grew more uncomfortable when the male, Who apparently knew the little dragon she assisted, seemed to be threatening Fette in his own shop. The tension building in the air between the two men was making her uncomfortable. She really didn't like violence. She caught the eye of the little dragon and winked. That made her feel a bit better. She angled her body away when Fette started talking about payment. She dug around in her pocket and produced a gold coin, a 5 yin piece, a cog, and a quarter. She dropped them on the counter, "I hope this will be enough", she said in her slightly metallic voice, "There will be no need for....alternate method's of pay", she said the last part with a hint of venom. She did not appreciate the rude gesture and both men were making her jumpy. If it wasn't for the little dragon that she felt responsible for, she would have left when the other man came in.

Roxy kept her poker face, "Of course not.", she answered, "I don't sign my name when I tag", she said, looking out the window at the sparkling lake beyond the yard. She felt like she needed to do something. She had all this amazing power and nothing productive to use it on. An awkward silence settled over the room. She decided to study the girl. She looked like she had been living in the woods for a while. Her hair was wild and long and her cloths look new. She was strange to say the least. She still wished she had her purse. So, with a lack of better things to do, she walked out of the house without a word. She grabbed her purse and zipped up the small, fanny pack like object and strapped it around her upper thigh. She was sure that this, Raven, wasn't going to hurt her but it made her feel better to have all of her things strapped to her leg. She walked back in the house and leaned against the door jam, "Soooooo", she started, unsure what to say, "What...are you in for?"

Edited by padfoot

(Ohh ok I misunderstood thought it was like a get or herbal doctor place)

Spike shook his head slowly as he was invited for tea. He spoke softly "no thanks though I may be a Druid and well aquatinted with most herbs I don't feel like being tested by an herbalist. Also thank you for helping out Z, both of you have my gratitude. If she doesn't have enough I will pitch in as well." he looked over at the girl who had helped Z or spike assumed she helped Z as well. He bowed slightly to her and smirked "I am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused or may cause but I would like to visit with and talk with Z every once in a while and I have a feeling he is going to stick around you. I know I may be annoying but I hope you could put up with it for a little bit." He took out a small amount of edible berries that were rare and had medicinal properties as well as nutritional properties. He ate one and put the rest away waiting to see how everyone reacted.

The wasn't phased by Roxy's behavior. Frankly, she didn't care. Smiling, she rose from her chair, leaning against the table instead. "What am I in for?" She chuckled. "I suppose you could say a little bit of everything?" Raven did understand the reference, but not the terms she'd used it under. "What about you?"

Elfte glanced from the Druid to Fette to Z then back to the Druid then back to Fette. She had no idea what he was talking about. She didn't even know this man''s name and he was already shooting himself down and labeling himself as annoying. Well if that's what he wanted to be there was nothing she could do to stop it. Free will all. She looked back at Fette, "So.....get any cool items this week?", she asked. She didn't have a lot in common with Fette but there was one thing: she loved to collect things. It wasn't specific things like Skinner or Fette, it was more like whatever she could find that caught her intrest. The Hoodoo Man usually got some pretty cool artifacts or ingredients from far off lands.

Roxy nodded, picking up that she didn't understand her question. She shrugged, "Got tired of where I was. Started wandering. Ended up here", she said simpily, "Not too much of an interesting story. It's not like I'm running from some dark past or suffering from amnesia or anything lame like that".

Skinner pushed open Fette's shop door and stepped inside, barely clearing a bundle of lavender hanging from the ceiling in front of the door. "Fette!", he shouted, not realizing how close he was, "Oh. Sorry. Your usually not at the counter." Skinner ducked his tall frame under another bundle of strong scented herbs and walked up to the counter, "I got an order for you", he said, slapping the list down on the table, "I'm low on supplies". Only then did he realized the other people in the shop. He smiled at Elfte and picked her up in a bear hug, 'How you doing Elf? I haven't seen you in a fortnight", he said with a laugh

"Skinner, put me down", she said lightly and he obeyed, "You know I Don't want to hurt you. I'm heavy"

"you won't Elf. besides, your figure looks great", he asked, looking at the scraggly man behind the counter, "So what brings you to Fette's dundgeon?"

"I found a injured dragon in the woods and thought Fette could help"

"Dragon?", he asked, puzzled.

Elfte pointed to the little dragon on the counter and Skinner's face lit up.

"Oh damn. You are a dragon", he said, getting to eye level with the counter and studying the little beast. Skinner had never personally seen a dragon. Only read about them and studies bones and scales. He rose back to full height and looked at Fette, who seemed to be looking through him. Skinner turned and finally noticed Spike lurking in the shadows under some hemlock, "Oh", he said, "It's you."

Greenfield was filled with magic users like himself and Skinner didn't like that. Before he was run out of his old home, he was the only wizard for miles. he took advantage of that too. Preforming complex spells, hiring out his services, and using dangerous magic without fear of detection. Living in a town where a magic user lived on every corner, it got a little stressful. Ever since he got here he considered the others his competition. The only reason he was in Fette's shop was becasue he was the best dealer in the area. All the others he tended to avoid.

Skinner turned back to face Fette, "I need some extra Lodestone and Bloodstone. My old dowsing rod shattered last week and I need to alchemitize a new one".

Edited by padfoot

Raven felt a wave of slight embarrassment ripple through her, however, it was replaced with a slight annoyance. "You don't have any idea how hard a life on the run is. Always living in fear, never knowing when they might come back and take you to the hell that you came from," is what she wanted to say back. But she settled for a smile, and nodded. "Greenfield can be quite the interesting place," she said, pulling back the chair. Her mind was flooded with memories, but she pushed them away. "Quite the place indeed." She looked down at her bare feet, then spoke up again. "Have you ever been to the coffee shop?" A smile brightened her features again, and there was a glint of passion in her eyes. She loved the shop dearly, and would make sure it would always stand, even if she would have to rebuild it by hand.

Spike shook his head at the antics of these three "I can see your good friends, and seriously skinner why so cold to me I know I'm a magic user and your house doesn't like me you yelled at me before. So I have stopped coming near your house but Z here use to be a part of old greenfield like me so I promise I won't use magic I just want to be around Z make sure he is alright and maybe see if he knows of others that made it out." Spike wasn't sure why skinner was the way he was about his magic because they were totally different types skinners being arcane while his was nature magic. Shaking his head he went back to scratching the small dragon on the head while looking around "you sure do collect a lot of rare looking things in here fette how do you get them all"

"As a matter of fact" Fette began, raising a tattooed finger at the android "I did pick up some *ahem* pretty interesting items from a yardsale at Charlie Daniels' house a couple weeks ago...."

Heaving an enormous cardboard box from a low shelf otherwise adorned with a dusty row of shrunken heads, Fette dropped the box on the counter with a rattling thump; nearly catching the tip of Z's tail in the process. Digging into the depths of the box, Fette pulled out a small, charred windup toy, its appearance nearly indistinguishable with age. "I um, have a mechanical monkey toy that collects and releases dark mojo...." The man said hopefully, running a hand through his long dreads. Peeking back into the box, he added; "Hell, I have a disco ball in here that screams when it spins, too."

At the sound of the bell mounted over the door, Fette peered through the darkness of his shop; a wolfs' grin spreading past the still smoking cigarette jammed into one corner of his mouth. "Skinner!" Fette cried, "Never thought I'd see you in here again after your last purchase. I suppose the scorpion- cat hybrid didn't work out that well?"He watched with amusement as the taller man set Elfte down with an almost imperceptible clink.

"Ya know, friend" Fette said, rolling another cigarette between his calloused fingers "I could sell you those outdated rocks. Orrrrr I could part with a dear treasure of mine which could do the same job, but better, of course." With a grin, Fette plunged one hand into a back pocket, withdrawing a long tarnished chain; a curious lumpy crystal hanging on its end. The crystal seemed to vibrate in the deep shade of the store, its gray-pink surface strangely shiny.

"Made it myself" Fette said, watching the crystal pull to and fro "Bound together a few different types of stone." He pointed to the fissure lines running through the crystal. "Washed it in a few oils of attraction I made myself. This baby can locate anything with a hint of magic or mojo attached to it." With this, Fette gazed at the strange creation with a look of pride in his dark eyes. "Anyway, I'll let ya have it at a discount, but I expect a trade..."

Skinner rolled his eyes at Spike, "Yeah Yeah natural magic and whatnot", he said, "If I need help making some flowers grow or if an oak is giving me some lip, I'll be sure to call you". This, of course, was sarcasm.

While Skinner and Spike argued, Elfte watched Fette pull out cursed items from a cardboard box. She made a face that was slightly abnormal for a human to make, "Uh, those don't sound like they are very useful to keep around", she said, careful not to insult the man, 'Don't you have anything a little more....useful?", She asked.

Skinner, having turned his attention back to Fette, looked the dangling crystal over with interest. He had seen these used by other magic users. They happened to be pretty rare and wasn't sure if this one was legit. He drew his drumstick and sure enough, the crystal danced on the chain and tilted towards the wand. Even when he waved it from side to side, the crystal followed. Skinner was impressed to say the least, "I'll take it, What trade did you have in mind?", he asked, replacing his wand in his jacket.

Roxy smiled, "I was there earlier actually", she said when she mentioned the coffee shop, "Treated the new guy to lunch after Skinner got done with him". She wondered what Sideway was up to. She did kinda ditch him earlier to go hit baseballs into space. She was getting the hint that conversation was growing thin and, since this was Raven's house, she debated leaving.

Raven nodded. She sighed, grabbing her jacket. "I hate to chase you out, but I'm going to head to town and pick up some groceries." Clouds blotted out the sun, chilling the air for a few moments. "You're welcome to come if you want."

Roxy nodded, "Yeah I was about to leave anyway", she said, leaving her house, "Oh and keep a lookout for the new guy. You know, impossibly good looking, awkward, probably terrified of everything that rounds the corner. You can't miss 'em", she said before she left. Roxy decreased her density and floated up into the air smoothly. She aimed herself towards the town and shot off.

Raven shrugged, and began to run. She shifted forms seamlessly. So there's a new guy in town. Interesting. Trees flew by her blindly. A smil crept across her maw. She'd missed being a wolf even for that short time.

Spike sighed and shook his head at the wizard "I can do things that wizards like you can't and can do things you can as well. Just because your a wizard doesn't make my magic less effective in comparison I can talk to animals to figure out what they like I can be able to find most rare animals I e seen dryads, centaurs, I have also seen a brownie once they are one of my proudest accomplishes I only caught a glimpse of one once but they are so hard to get a look at I still believe that's a good accomplishment for someone who wants to see every type of animal." Spike smiled as he rubbed the back of his head.

(

Username: voltage

Name: Ria

Sex: female

Appearance: http://www.layoutsparks.com/1/238810/pixie...angel-girl.html

Creature: fairy

Personality: she is very shy and doesn't talk to many people. She is playful and talkative to those she trusts. She likes to stay hidden and just listen until she decides if she can trust them or not.

History: she use to be lonely after her parents were killed and captured, she had found spike while he was wandering, he was in a small dragons form and scared her when he turned human but after talking to him they became friends and she stays with him.

Other: she stays in spikes pocket of his shirt or around him usually)

Edited by voltage

"More useful, huh?" Fette muttered, returning to dig through the dented cardboard box. He leaned in impossibly far, his torso disappearing in the boxes' dusty shadows; his long skinny legs nearly kicking over a precariously perched jar. A faint "Aha" echoed up, and was closely followed by Fettes' dirt streaked face, bright with triumph. He dangled a small orb from a bit of leather twine, a beautiful polished blue eye gleaming dully in the shadows of the shop.

" 's the heterochromatic eye of a coyote I bought off a man in Minnesota" Fette explained, swinging the eye gently back and forth. "Wearing coyote bits of any kind will help you outsmart and out-trick anybody, but this bits' particularly special." Polishing the sky blue eye against the collar of his rumpled shirt, Fette continued. "Legend says that having non-matching eyes help you to see into the past, as well as the future....Only got it as cheap as I did 'cause the man I bought it from was too tired of seein' things."

Sliding the eye across the counter, it seemed almost to quiver; rolling over to stare right into Elfte's own dark brown eyes.

He let the eye sit there for a moment to let Elfte decide; turning instead to look back at Skinner. A trade with another magic-user was a big deal... Especially when it was with someone used to meddling with the arcane. "What I want" Fette began, leaning closer to Skinner for the sake of privacy "Is to propose a little hunting expedition." Settling himself back on the ancient and peeling stool settled behind the counter, Fette lit another cigarette. "Ya see friend, I have a partner downstate who's got his heart and wallet set on finding an Aboleth Skum head..."

Edited by ChildeRolande

Elfte took up the curious little eye carefully, afraid of her strength breaking the artifact. She held it up to the light and peered into it's hallow pupil. IF she had been a little bit more human it would have given her the creeps. Sense she wasn't, she smiled happily, "Thank you Fette", she said with a smile, "But what do you want for it?" She flinched when Skinner pounded a fist on the counter.

Skinner pointed at Spike's face, his drumstick sliding from his sleeve and almost touching his throat. Skinner's face was a contort of rage and indigence, "Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That", he growled, "I am NOT a wizard. Those are a weak sub category of magic users that's only talent are cold readings and PARLOR TRICKS". A yellow spark of magic danced down Skinner's coat sleeve and anger burned in Skinner's eyes. This Tree Hugger's head's going to pop off and fly away like a startled canary. He only stopped when he felt a tug on his other arm.

Elfte had stepped forward and took Skinner's hand, "Now Skinner, you are a guest in Fette's shop and wouldn't want to be thrown out of your favorite dealer's shop, right?", she said in a soothing tone.

Skinner glanced at Elfte from the corner of his eye. His wand wavered and finally lowered. He replaced it back in his coat and gave a last look at the druid before turning back to the counter. "Sorry everyone", Skinner apologized for his outburst. He blinked at Fette's request. Did he hear the Hoodooist correctly, "Did you just ask me to go looking for a Aboleth Skum? Like the same things that have been said to sink ships and drag down swimmers to their underwater caves?", he asked. Those things were dangerous. Well, dangerous was far a he knew. Never did much research on them. He looked at the crystal dangling from it's chain and back at Fette. The dowsing crystal would be invaluable if it was as sturdy as Fette advertized. He bit his lip and shook his head, "Fine....I'll help. But you better not get me killed hunting this thing", he said finally.

Fette quietly blew another smoke ring towards the ceiling, watching the mounting tensions from his spot on his stool. He could admit, he was a little concerned about the property damage; but considering the sheer number of good luck, curse repelling, and money drawing oils he'd cleansed the shop with, he was certain his faithful shop could hold itself together.

Cinching his cigarette between his pointed teeth, Fette rubbed a calloused finger bashfully across one of his many tattoos. " Don't worry 'bout payin' for nothin', darling..." He said, shooing the dangling trinket towards Elfte's pocket. "You've earned it by puttin' up with me, anyway."

Coughing, he regained his composure, scrubbing away the slight blush growing on his cheeks beneath his patchy beard. Turning away as the android tucked away her new trinket; Fette raised an eyebrow towards the surly whatever he was. "Yeah Skinner, actually, those are exactly the beasts I'm talkin' about. I'm sure he can make it worth our while, though..." Fette alluded, drawing in the others in the shop like incense smoke "Heard he inherited some wealth from a few dirty fae deals a couple years back. Someone's always looking to spend a bit of ill gotten fairy gold." Fette added with a smirk, elbowing Spike lightly. "Ain't that right, Mister Druid?"

Edited by ChildeRolande

(i think i saw before something about auto accept so im gonna take it that ria is accepted ill edit her out if i'm wrong)

Spike shook his head "unlike you m not one too exploit natures animals just for wealth in fact i saved some from people like you before, though i don't think you will be able to do much harm to what your chasing." Spike lifted ria out of her comfy spot in his pocket and placed her on his shoulder "just like her, she was sought after and her parents were killed by people who just wanted their gold. i've even had to help a brownie escape a cage though i don't know how they got it in the first place. I collect things that you may call rare though i don't actually need to harm the animal to get it such as fairy dust, brownie teeth which is very potent for some potions, as well as many other things, and i don't have to harm a thing." He took a step back so that fette wouldn't immediately scare Ria to death or something.

Ria looked around at the others her wings slowly flapping as she woke from her nap. She saw that there was a collector and hugged against spikes neck trying to figure out if she was able to trust the new person that was nearby. She fixed her hair so it wasn't in her face any more and placed her flowers back on her head as she tried to hide herself behind spikes ear or neck though all she could hide was her face making spike chuckle. She looked up "don't laugh at me i trust you but you know that other people can be harmful and hard for me to trust." All she got in return was a soft pat on the head and spikes usual response "yes i know Ria but you should know i wont let anyone harm you, don't you remember the last time someone tried?" The memory of what happened to the last guy made her giggle and smile as she stopped hiding so much and just sat on spikes shoulder.

Fette rocked back in his seat, miming along mockingly as Spike spoke. "Blah Blah Blah, forest boy. You really think I ain't got better things to than poke at BugBears all day?" Clenching his teeth back around his now abused cigarette, Fette watched with muted interest as a small fairy clambered out of the druids' pocket.

"Aw don't flatter yerself, girlie. Forest fairies are a dime a dozen, I couldn't give one away, much less get some poor sap to pay for one." Pulling himself out of his seat with a tired sigh, Fette weaved through the jumbled stacks of books, incense and long forgotten splinters of bone to the door. Massaging the bridge of his nose with worn and ink-stained fingers, he flipped the sun bleached store sign to a side which cheerfully read; "Sorry, We're Closed. Please Return When You Can Be More Punctual."

"Ight, I'm done bein' nice for the day. Everybody an' their damned critters need to get out before sh** gets scary." With this, Fette tugged the door open with enough force to send its' tiny, tarnished bell skittering across the dirty shop floor. He stood by, face impassive as the townspeople filed through, only to snag Skinners' collar before he could step out onto the steps below.

"You. We need to speak first. Cigarette?"

Spike chuckled "forest farie definatly more like a flame fairy though she doesn't seem to think so too bad her parents are gone they were royalty. Fine cya I may as well see if I can't go find something to do maybe Z and I can try and find the others, who knows might be able to find one of them." He shrugged and walked out of the shop waiting for Z to come out as well.

(Well echo and shadow are auto-accepted due to them being co-owners, not everyone. But Ria is Accepted

I'll post soon. I've been a bit busy, sorry)

"See ya." Z leapt from the counter to Spike's shoulder. He sat there, like he used to do with Kat.

(I'm changing Zali's picture)

Zali walked down the street, avoiding bumping into anyone. She'd run out of food and her stomach was growling louder than a bear. She didn't know the layout of town, so she had no idea where she was going. She figured she would eventually find a place to eat, but after nearly ten minutes of searching she had still found no where to eat.

Axel looked out at the town from the top of a bordering mountain. So peaceful seeming from a distance. Though he knew what was in the town. Monsters and creatures of nightmares. But not for long, if his plans went accordingly.

Edited by ShadowMonster

Raven soon padded into town. It looked strange in the daylight. She headed over to the local grocer. There wasn't a whole lot in the store, but it was just her, and that would suffice. She picked up some hamburger meat, and a few other tidbits. She made sure to stock up on Mtn. Dew, and Dr. Pepper. After paying the man, she strolled back out into the street.

((I'll probably throw in Rain when I have more time.))

Skinner did what he should have done to begin with. He didn't say anything else when Spike started talking about something or other. He nodded to Fette, understanding why he wanted them all out. He was almost out of the store when he was stopped dead by the surprisingly strong Fette.

Elfte was in front of Skinner as they left the store. As she passed Fette, she smiled, 'Thank you for the gift Fette", she said to the man. Elfte bounced down the stairs, "So Skinner, where are you going nex-", she was cut off when the door to Fette's shop slammed behind her. With Skinner still inside. Elfte looked around in one smooth motion. She really didn't know this Spike for she had never really talked to him. She would miss the little dragon, even if she didn't know him very long. She drew closer to the two and, as gently as she could, rubbed the top of his head with her index finger, "Goodbye little one", she said, "be well". With that, she turned on her heel and walked down the street in the opposite direction, her brown hair bobbing behind her.

Skinner jerked back and stood in front of the larger man, "So you want to go after a big ass water monster?" he asked, dusting a bit of, something, off Fette's jacket.

Spike smiled as he pet Z softly, he was glad to have him back now for the others. He looked over at Z chuckling as he saw ria slightly freaked out by the dragon that randomly appeared right beside her.Spike was hopeful but doubtful all at once as he spoke "Z do you know where the others are? i've been searching but to no avail i was hoping you'd know more."

Ria almost fell when Z landed on the same shoulder she was on she had to quickly fly up and land on the small dragon. She was cursing in fae and her body was almost bursting into flames hot. She cooled off when she realized that it was a friend of spikes "Sorry you almost squashed me though, my names Ria"

Z frowned as Elfte left. "Bye." He hadn't even noticed the fairy until she began cursing at him in fae. He'd met plenty of fairies before and understood enough of their language to realize she was swearing "Nice to meet you, Ria." He mumbled hollowly. "I'm Z." After studying the small girl another moment he faced Spike. "I haven't seen any of the others either. But it can't just be us two. I'm sure some of them are out there somewhere." He tried to sound hopeful as possible, though his hope faded years ago.

After several more minutes of hopelessly wandering, Zali decided to ask someone if they knew where she could get some food. Several people she asked walked by her as if she was invisible. "People are so rude here." She said a bit too loudly.

Edited by ShadowMonster

Spike could tell that something was wrong and he scratched Z's head gently and sighed "I know it's a long shot but hey I finally found you, we'll she did. You seem to be a little sad, you want to go with her, you'll just have to visit me sometimes and let me know how things are going." He smiled at Z just wanting to get Z happy again.

Ria climbed up onto Z's head and looked over upside down into Z's eyes. She giggled and poked his nose squeezing as she almost fell off. She closed her eyes just dangling there her wings ready to help her fly if she fell "hey dragon don't be upset I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I like dragons they are mystical and so awesome. You seem sad is there any way I can help?"