ShadowMonster

The third Greenfield

((Are you still accepting characters?))

Username: ChildeRolande

Name: Fette

Sex: male

Appearance: Fette

Creature/power: human, but with a deep and dangerous knowledge of hoodoo, voodoo, and common street viciousness.

Personality: Charming yet vile, Fette is the very image of a total moral neutral. He can be convinced to throw in some manners if it involves pretty women, however.

History: A trainyard kid, Fette spent his teenage years travelling with other gutterpunks before settling in Louisiana, where he learned the basis of his knowledge of Hoodoo and Voodoo. Growing tired of the scene in the swamps, however, he decided to set up a small "medicine" shop in Greenfield.

Username: ChildeRolande

Name: Monday

Sex: Male??? We just don't know, man.

Appearance: short, with very pale skin and dark circles under a pair of eyes which seem to take up most of his face. He has a head of dark red hair, usually hanging greasy and/or full of bits of refuse. Pretty much this, but is always seen in a stained wifebeater and flipflops

Creature/power: Nothing but an average human, Monday is often assaulted with extreme fits of terror. This could be either undiagnosed severe schizophrenia, or true second sight.....

Personality: Often hyped on various forms of caffeine, Monday never seems to sleep, nursing an extreme, jittery sense of paranoia. He's friendly enough, but too strange to really hold much of a friendship with.

History: The kids in town say he simply crawled out of the sewer one night and took up a job as the town cop.

Edited by ChildeRolande

Skinner did not see the way the female werecat was acting until she was already on the table with her knees drawn to her chest. He chuckled, "Don't worry. If I wanted to hurt you then I would have already when you broke my roof", he explained, "Name please".

After recording her name he went through the same routine that he did with Detrin. He swallowed her blood and his face lit up, "Oohhhh", he exclaimed, writing something down, "I figured you two were siblings but I didn't guess twins". He examined her arms and back carefully, "Were you two part of a clan? I forgot to check your brother for markings and I can't find any on you without...*ahem* looking thoroughly". He decided to ask instead of searching for himself like he did with Sideway.

Skinner remained silent as he finished writing his notes on the twins. At the end, he slammed the book closed and rose from his creaky wooden chair, "Alright, shall we move to the main house? I assume you are both famished and would like a snack before dinner", he said.

((Oh my goodness those characters are hilarious I can't wait until you're accepted.))

Detrin remained close by for moral support, but otherwise poked around through Sideway's stuff curiously. He didn't move much around, just observed and listened. There was also the occasional pause to smell various objects. Ears perking up, the brother in the set turned to stare at Skinner. No, but our mother was in one for some time. he answered.

Sarinte had eventually relaxed once she realized Skinner was merely curious. Much like a ragdoll, she remained somewhat limp as he moved appendages and the like. When he had finally finished, she scampered back to join Detrin. Actually, that'd be nice, thanks. Other than breakfast, the two had chosen to explore more into the forest instead of eating. A meal sounded great to the twins.

Earlier, you called Detrin 'untrained'. What did you mean by that? We aren't that feral, you know.

Skinner began to put away his instruments as the twins talked. He finsihed cleaning up in no time and walked out of his workshop and headed for the kitchen. The wall solidified behind them when they left. In the kitchen, Skinner started the skillet on a ancient looking wood stove and started pulling a few cuts of beef from the fridge.

Skinner shook his head when Sarinte asked what he meant when he called them untrained, "I simply meant that you and your brother are still untrained with whatever magic you have in your bloodline", he said, looking up at the hole in his roof, "Now about the roof". He finished making the stir fry and dumped the sizzling meat on three plates. He placed the plates of meat and bread and fruit and the five food groups in front of the werecats and took his own plate and leaned against the counter, "Starting tomorrow you two will start working off your debt by fixing the hole you put in my ceiling", he said, "Sound fair?"

Both twins trotted at Skinner's heels as he led the way out of the workshop. The thought of food had the both of them eager to please. After all, the way to anyone's heart was food. At. Least, that was the case for them. They remained close to Skinner as he cooked and studied everything with round eyes. As the man worked, both twins whispered to themselves.

Why is he lighting it on fire?

I don't know, maybe it's a human thing.

The two stopped talking as Skinner spoke about the roof. They froze in their tracks and spun their heads around to stare at him. Of course, they needed to fix the roof. It was only fair that they did so. Detrin and Sarinte nodded quickly at the proposal. That's great actually. I'm afraid we don't know much about repair-work, but we'll do what we can to fix it. Detrin decided. They had really gotten off easy with their punishment. And to top it off, a free meal!

You know, you never told us your name. Sarinte noted after a short while of silence. If they were going to work for the man, it was only fair that they knew each others names.

"You may call me Skinner", he said, looking up at the twins over the rim of his glasses.

"So you walked the whole way here?" Roxy inquired with sparkling eyes. They were having lunch in the bakery next door to Skinner's house and Roxy had not stopped asking questions about him. Sideway finished chewing his sandwich and took a sip of his soda, "Well not. I took a cab out of the city until I got the the street address that was on the envelope. It was this narrow dirt road blocked off by a crooked, rusty gate. I got out of the cab and started walking, expecting a house or something a few minutes in. The next thing I knew, I had been walking for almost four hours and you appeared in front of me", he finished his recap and took another bite of his sandwich. Roxy opened her mouth to ask another question and Sideway stopped her with a raised hand, "Please have mercy", He said around his sandwich, "What about you? How can you fly?"

Skinner placed his dish in the sink then grabbed a dish from the cabinet over the sink. He pulled out a jar of honey and popped the lid, "Do you two plan on living here?", he asked as he scooped some honey on a saucer, 'Greenfield has building materials for free on the Norther Edge of town and there are plenty of carpenters, Even if they overcharge and lie about magical assistance". He placed the saucer on the tile floor in front of the sink with a sharp click, 'They could build you a house or den or whatever you want.", He dusted off his hands and turned back to the twins, "unless you are ok with sleeping in the woods. I wouldn't though, there are some nasty folks in Greenfield." There was a clatter behind Skinner. The saucer was licked clean and spinning on the floor. The dishes in the sink wer gone and drying on the rack. Skinner smiled.

(Guess who's making his comeback~)

Username: Echothewolf

Name: Gawaine

Sex: Male

Appearance: Under normal conditions, Gawaine seems to be a normal-if not slightly jumpy-black-haired boy. That's what he thought, too. However, that suddenly changed, just as his skin turned to feathers. As a griffon, the boy has black feathers, with a brown chest, tail, and head.

Creature/power: Shape-shifter. Griffon.

Personality: (optional) Gawaine was never very good at hiding his fear of practically everything. It is painfully obvious to see how jumpy Gawaine is when something scares him.

History: (optional) The worst thing? All that Gawaine can remember is staggering into Greenfield, bloody and dying. The shifter thought he could catch a lucky break in Greenfield, but things became much worse when he began to shift for the first time.

Other info: As he is just now coming to know his powers, Gawaine cannot control his ability to shift. He will change at random times, or maybe he can't change when he wants to.

Both twins eagerly tore into the food they had been given, ignoring all form of table manners in favor of using their hands. It took no more than a few minutes for the both of them to have cleaned their plates. Upon finishing, they returned their plates to the sink. Both muttering their 'thank you's, Detrin and Sarinte sat down on the counter. What's the honey for, anyways? Detrin inquired. Was Skinner trying to feed something? Or was it a human thing? Soon, his question was answered through the mage's actions. Both werecats watched with wide eyes as the glob of honey vanished almost instantly. Woah. Now that was cool. What...what did that? Is there something else living here too?

((Wow. You're alive.))

(Heh... Indeed I am. It's really good to 'see' you again, claw! A lot's been going on lately, but I can't really tell you all of that here. It's good to meet up with every one again! I'll try to stay this time, but with Frontier's worst, I can't promise anything.)

Skinner nodded, "Yeah, I have a brownie living in my walls", he said looking up at the hole in the ceiling, "It has been here longer than I have and didn't have the heart to kick it out. Now I trade honey for chores done around the house. They are fast little buggers too. Never seen one but I will keep trying till I do", he said, looking around the room as if the Brownie would show itself just by talking about it.

Roxy twirled the straw around her coke glass when Sideway asked about her powers, " Well I'm not really sure", she trailed off, taking a salt shaker in her hand and fiddling with it in one hand, "I have always been able to manipulate how things interact with it's surroundings." Roxy closed her hand and the salt shaker vanished in her palm. She placed a much smaller salt shaker back next to the pepper where she found it, "Skinner says I can manipulate the space between molecules or change the way atoms connect or some sciencey bull**** that he is usually rambling about." she said. Sideway did not seem to be listening, he was staring at the salt shaker. He grabbed it and turned it over in his hand and inspected it closely. It was real. Roxy touched it with a green fingernail and it snapped back to it's normal size. Sideway, of course dropped it after she did so. IT clattered to the table, spilling a messy trail as it rolled across the table. SIdeway took a small amount between his fingers and tossed it over his shoulder. Roxy raised an eyebrow, "Superstitious?", she asked.

"Not usually. My dad always did that and I kinda picked it up. He used to tell me it was to keep the demons a bay".

Roxy only rolled her eyes.

Accepted!!!

(ECHO!! I tried texting you but I think you've changed your number so I was talking to some stranger who was totally confused

I dub thee Shadow and Echo co-owners of Greenfield. If you want)

Zali picked up the whistle and brushed a little dirt off it. She stuffed it in her pocket. Her stomach growled like an animal. She frowned, realizing she hadn't eaten all day. She looked down at Pierre, "So, you wanna go get something to eat?"

Edited by ShadowMonster

Elf was able to pick up the small object plummeting towards the ground. The whatever it was landed not to far off from her. She bit her lip, a human gesture that she picked up over the years, and decided that something that small would never be able to harm her. She grew closer to the place that she calculated the thing would hit the forest floor.

Elf crouched low as she neared a spot in the underbrush that seemed to be thrashing and very upset. She took a breath, again, out of habit and not necessity, and stepped forward. Struggling with what seemed like a injured wing, was a small lizard-like creature. She hated to see a creature in pain so she crept forward to see if she could help, "Hello, little one? You seemed to have taken a tumble", she asked softly.

(Just going to put this back up here where you can see it......)))

(God I'm so sorry I didn't see that! I'll edit onto here in a few minutes. I'm so sorry I'm blind)

Z froze as he heard a voice. He looked up at her, obviously frightened. The girl seemed nice. "Uh yeah..." He watched her carefully, even though she didn't seem like she'd attack him. It wasn't like he'd be able to fight back if she did, though. "M-my wing is injured." He gestured to his wing with his head, still not taking his eyes off of her.

Edited by ShadowMonster

This seemed to interest both young werecats. Sarinte and Detrin stared at the small hole in the ceiling as it was pointed out. Having lived in the wild for most of their lives, the twin had seen their fair share of pixies, imps, and everything of the sort. Brownies, however, occupied the home. So naturally, the both of them were fascinated. Have you tried cream? Brownies really like cream too. Sarinte asked softly. Out of the two of them, she had the greater knowledge of magic. Detrin was more interested in combat. This was why Detrin's clothing was more armor-focused, while Sarinte's allowed for more felxible movement.

Fette sighed, drumming his long, dirty fingernails along the shops' counter. No business today. As usual. He really should repaint the floor in some of that money drawing mojo one of these days, he thought, trailing a finger through the cash registers' thick layer of dust. A lanky, furry body appeared beside the crook of his elbow; sniffing curiously at the swirling motes of dust.

"Looks like we're gonna have to resort to a few acquisitional techniques if we're gonna be eating tonight, huh Liar?" The man said, watching as the ferret played lazily atop the counter.

Casting another look out the shopfront window, Fette sighed at the empty street beyond. It really had been a terrible idea to start a business in a town which was, literally, nowhere on the map.

--------------

Mondays eyes opened, one after the other, glowing cartoonishly in the darkness above the dirty tiled floor. Slithering from his place beneath the cracked vinyl seat of the cafe booth; he turned, resting both arms on the top of the seat in front of him. He peered curiously at the thick head of dark hair belonging to the man sitting there....he said his name was... Side-wise or something? He was new, Monday noted with an edge of suspicion. He'd need to keep an eye on this one, he was too handsome. Did they think that he was a amateur? He knew they sent the handsome ones to catch him. To snatch him up when he was least suspecting it; maybe even drag him out in the night if he let his guard down.

Narrowing his eyes, he leaned forward, nearly brushing the strangers bristly cheek with his own. "Mnnn" Monday croaked, reaching his other arm around the strangers' shoulder to flick salt from the table. "Never did trust restaurant salt" he said, catching Roxys' eye and tipping what may have been a twitchy wink. "Never know if its' got arsenic, ya know? Sometimes they put them little chrystal-like arsenic bits in there. Get rid of the weak an' what not..." Monday trailed off, ignoring the horrified glances from around the restaurant almost as well as he ignored his own willfull neglect for personal space.

Adjusting the scuffed blue police hat he'd bought from the costume store on sixth street, Monday turned to the newcomer. "So I uh, don't think I've caught you here before." Brushing a bit of dirt from the front of his stained wifebeater, he added; "Least not while lookin' as suspicious as you do now, mate."

Edited by ChildeRolande

(Oh, crap... I hadn't even thought that you'd try to text. Yeah, I'll get a hold of you with my new number. Thanks, and it's good to work with you again!)

Gawaine groaned, curling his body in an attempt to secure warmth. Realizing that it was futile, the boy lifted himself to his feet-they were feet, right?-and leaned against a wall to steady himself. As his consciousness returned to him, Gawaine realized he had passed out in an alley. His back and shoulder pulsed in pain, scolding him for falling asleep in such an uncomfortable spot. "Time to go," he muttered, staggering out of the alley. To his relief, there was human flesh on Gawaine's body, not fur. Now... I need to find out where I am. And where's the nearest source of food?

Elfte thought for a moment. Who did she know that could help? Skinner was more of the experimenting type and she didn't think he would know how to patch up a creature like this. Fette might have something in his shop. She shuddered at the thought of talking to Fette. He was a most distasteful man. She extended her hands slowly and gently scooped the small lizard up in her cold hands, taking care of the little monster's injury, "Alright Wee Beasty, I'll give you a lift into town and take you to someone that might be able to fix you up good as new", she said, raising her arms hands to her shoulder so it could climb on. Once secured, she used her internal compass to steer them towards town, "So if you can speak I assume you have been named", she said.

Sideway jumped to one side and banged his shoulder on the wall next to their booth. A very dirty man was rambling about arsenic in the salt shakers. Something about this man's eyes made Sideway's skin crawl. He reminded him of a man that used to stare at him on the subway.

Roxy, on the other hand, was not amused with the man's actions, "Leave him alone, Monday", she said sternly, "He still isn't adjusted to living here yet".

Sideway isn't like that Roxy was defending him. It was some stupid masculinity thing that he always felt. His eyebrows furrowed, 'What do you mean I look suspicious? I wasn't even facing you", he said.

Roxy had seen how Monday had appeared behind Sideway like he usually did. this made her nervous too. Whenever Monday showed up, bad things tended to happen. She wasn't sure if this character caused them or just appeared to watch them unfold.

Skinner thought for a moment, Never heard of trying cream. I always read that anything with honey in it worked. When I first moved here I would feed it gram cracker cereal and it didn't seem to mind.", he said. Skinner grabbed a piece of paper off his counter and looked at the growing list he was making for himself. The supplies he needed now extended down the full length of the page and he could put it off no longer. With a sigh, he moved towards the front room, "You two want to help me pick up an order from a shop a street over?", he called behind him.

Edited by padfoot

Spike sighed and slowly walked into the new town. He had no clue what he was doing but he figured he should be able to find someone to talk to. He went into a cafe and sat down after ordering a cup of coffee and a doughnut eating while worrying about the others.

(Yay, thanks :3)

Z flinched as she reached out to grab him. There was nothing he could really do to get away. Her cold hands made him shiver slightly. "Thank you." He spoke quietly. He climbed onto her shoulder and sat there. He used to sit on Kat's should just like that. He shuddered thinking about her, not knowing where she was or if she was even alive. He snapped out of his memories when she spoke again. It took him a moment to realize what he said. "Oh, uh, my name's Z."

Monday raised a thin red eyebrow at Roxys' retort; she always had kinda frightened him... His eyes drifted up to her thick mohawk; wondering what was inside it. Needles? Genetic spikes? With a shudder, he reminded himself to keep it as far away from him as possible. You never could trust anybody these days...

Turning back to face the Handsome Man, he finally replied; " 's not my problem if he's not ready, Miss Locust, you know that." Pulling a colorful plastic toy cell phone from his back pocket, he added "And anyway, Mister Side-wise, you should know that a law enforcement official such as myself could identify suspicious behavior without it being performed first." Placing the phone to his ear, he drifted to his feet; rubber flipflops squeaking against the tile as he turned to walk away.

"Yeah, chief, we got a live one here" He said into the pink plastic toy.

"Uh-huh, seems pretty rowdy to me too...." Monday drifted across the restaurant, puffing his chest in response to the looks from other patrons. They were always in such admiration, always staring at his officially bestowed equipment. No doubt jealous and whatnot; he was the only man in town with the clearance to have a cellphone, after all.

He stopped, resting an elbow on top of Spikes' head as he continued to talk into the plastic phone.

"Yeah, keep an eye on 'im, I gotcha". Leaning over, he plucked a sprinkle from Spikes' doughnut before adding "Yeah boss, love you too, g'night." He snapped the cellphone shut, stretching in the morning sun before plopping down in the booth opposing the brooding young man.

Edited by ChildeRolande

((MONDAY HAS ME IN TEARS HERE I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER.))

While Sarinte and Skinner spoke about Brownies, Detrin poked about the kitchen. He didn't go very far, as he wanted to keep Skinner and Sarinte in his line of sight. At the offer, both twins turned their heads to stare at Skinner. Go out into the town to shop? That sounded interesting. Sure! It's the least we can do, really. You've already done so much for us. Detrin decided. Sarinte nodded at her brother's words. Perhaps they would get an idea of the town's layout while they were out.

Gawaine eventually came upon what seemed to be a café. "Finally," he muttered. Stomach growling, the boy pushed the door to the building open, striding inside. A wave of warmth, friendliness, and amazing smells slapped him in the face, making him even hungrier. He glanced at everyone in the café before he strode to the counter. "Um... I'll take a sandwich, and... water?" Almost as soon as the words were out of Gawaine's mouth, he heard snickers coming from a few of the other people. His face burned a broght red, and he fought hard to seem as though he didn't notice. "Also, is there a possibility that you can give me a map, or directions? I don't exactly know this place."

Username: Echo

Name: Stargazer (Riku)

Sex: Male

Appearance: Stargazer is a tall man with dark green eyes. His white hair is long and messy. He wears clothes that were made from dragon hide.

Creature/power: Stargazer can look into the memories of others through years of training.

Personality: (optional)

History: (optional) Not many know of the mysterious man who gazes at the night sky. Those who have witnessed him motionlessly gazing at stars dubbed him the Stargazer. However, this man had once gone by the name Riku. Before the original Greenfield was destroyed, the man had lived with two dragons. They were his family-the only thing he had. But he lost them in the war. Riku didn't know if the hatchling and her mother-Ignis and Iratus-had escaped, or if they were lifeless bones lying in the dirt. He watches the sky for any sign of his family.

Other: Riku was wounded during his escape from the cave when it was under attack. Scars mar his whole body, a reminder of his failure to protect his family.

Edited by EchotheWolf

Spike looked at this "guy" without moving his head. He pushed the doughnut away after taking a bite. He wasn't quite sure what to make of this person who randomly sat across from him. He seemed to be some crazy person that got let out or broke out somehow. He rubbed the back of his head As he spoke "who are you and why did you think I'm something to lean on? Matter of fact why are you acting like you own this place or something" spike's cold green eyes stared right through this new guy who seemed to believe that he could simply do what he pleased. Spike took a sip of his coffee waiting for the no doubt silly or plain out weird answer.

Gawaine heard someone far behind him speak in an aggressive tone. Oh, crap... I walk into a peaceful place, and the next thing that happens is a fight? Please, don't let it come to that... The boy nodded, turning to walk towards the source of the voice. "Excuse me, sir? Is there a problem?" He hated talking to people. Hated it. But he knew that he had to try to defuse a fight. The unwanted stress would most likely cause a shift.