ShadowMonster

The third Greenfield

Monday matched the mans' stare, settling his phone to the table with a click. "You ever think its' statements like that that could explain why yer drinkin' coffee alone with a ginger, mate?" With that, Monday silently extended a single finger and hooked the uneaten doughnut; twirling it before taking a large bite.

Mondays' ear twitched, he could hear a voice with an edge of panic speaking quietly by the counter. Raising an eyebrow, he turned to watch the young disheveled boy in front of the register; nearly in a panic. Seemed like he was in trouble...

Straightening his scuffed officers' hat, Monday smiled. It was the perfect chance to extend his authority as a police officer, protect and serve, right? He just needed to subtly signal to get the boys attention...

"OI KID" He screamed, waving both arms above his wild nest of hair. "ARE. YOU. IN NEED. OF. ASSISTANCE?" Satisfied, Monday settled back in his seat, tipping Spike a knowing wink. Surely, no one was the wiser.

Edited by ChildeRolande

(Okay, it's my turn to die of laughter!)

Gawaine yelped, falling to his knees. The boy felt his heart slamming against his chest. Who the hell?! Gawaine lifted himself to his feet quickly, staring at Momday with wide eyes. "Y-you nearly gave me a heart attack!" he choked as he walked to the man. "Why'd you scream at me like that?" Gawain asked quietly, dread suddenly filling his mind. He knew what was about to happen. "Oh, no...! Not right now!" The boy suddenly ran through the door, tripping and falling on the grass. He was shifting. The man had scared him into it-and now there was no going back!

After a minute of muffled screams, pain, and resistance, a griffon lay at the spot where Gawaine once laid on the dirt. "Jeez..."

Elfte smiled, 'Thats a nice name, Z. It fits you", she said, "Little name for a little beast", she said. interaction with another sentient being was always so difficult with her. There were too many variables to think about and she was always afraid that she would offend someone. This ment that she usually only spoke when spoken too.

Sideway watched the strange man slap away to bother someone else, "Who was that?", he asked, not taking his eyes off the rude individual.

Roxy was watching a new guy get into it with a group of undesirables in the coffee shop. He seemed to be doing the right thing and ignoring the hecklers.

"Roxy?", Sideway snapped her attention back from the scene at the counter and back to the man in front of her, 'Huh? Oh, him? We aren't sure. Actually I'm not even sure he knows what he is. I do know he is pretty powerful".

She thought for a moment, 'In fact, everyone around here is pretty powerful", she said, 'Well except maybe you", she said.

Sideway wasn't sure if he should be insulted, 'Well what do you mean by that? I could be powerful once I figure out what I am", he said hopefully.

"Doubt it", she said in a sing song voice.

She glanced back at the boy at the counter. He was now confronting the bullies directly in the middle of the bakery. Her jaw tightened. He was going to start a fight. There were more of the bullies and they looked bigger. It was, after all, survival of the fittest around here. This was the major flaw of Greenfield. There was no order. There was no government. There was no law enforcement. Unless you count Monday but that was more like paranoid kidnapping. The Greenfield in the past apparently ripped itself apart.

Elf and her new friend was now on one of the main roads heading into Greenfield. She was pleased to see the small town at the end of the tunnel of oak trees, 'Well little one you were not too far off", she pointed out. She wanted to use a altitude assist to get them to their destination faster but the thick canopy of branches would do more harm than good to her passenger. She instead, opted for walking.

Skinner smiled as he pulled on a pair of old, brown leather boots, "Excilent.", he said, "While I'm thinking about it, how did you know that about brownies? I have never read that in any of my books", he said. The doctor slipped his drumstick into his inner breast jacket pocket and slipped a pair of scissors into his pants pocket. With that he was out the door and heading to go see Fette.

roxy's head snapped around when Monday screamed at the twitchy kid, who promptly dropped to his knees. bad move she thought. He seemed to go into convulsions and sprinted out the door.

Sideway jumped to his feet when he hear the sounds of pain muffled through the closed door.

Roxy grabbed his hand and looked up at him, "It's non of your business Sideway. Let things play out. If it gets too hot, I'll protect you", she said, winking at him.

Sideway looked one more time towards the store's front window and could not see the beast lying on the ground. He shrugged and sat back down. He had been in greenfield for a little over two hours and he already felt like he did not belong.

When Elf and Z entered Greenfield, she was happy to see Skinner walking towards them. She waved her arm to catch his attention

Skinner smilled when Elf greeted him with a wave, 'What brings you to this part of town?", he asked like he always did.

Elf smiled as she grew closer, 'Just goignto go take my new friend to see Fette"

"Thats where we are going", he said, motioning to the were cats behind him, "Detrin and Sarinte. this is Elfte. She has been around a lot longer than I have", he introcuced. He was talking about her time in the Greenfields but he could also have been talking about her time on earth.

Elf bowed slightly to greet the strange new beings following her mage friend around, "Pleasure to meet you both", she said, remembering that a dragon was riding on her shoulder, 'Oh, this is Z. He hurt himself in the woods so I'm taking his to see Fette. He might have something to help him fly again", she explained.

Skinner forgot his manners completely as he leaned in to get a closer look at Z, "A dragon", he muttered, "Elf you found a baby dragon. I've never seen a dragon".

Elf looked confused, 'What is a dragon?", she asked, her memory drawing a blank.

"Dragons are huge flying monsters from the old days that burned villages with their fire breath as well as countless other magical feats", he explained briefly.

"You didn't tell me you were a dragon", she accused the lizard on her shoulder.

"Well if you are heading to Fette's shop, let us walk you there. I have a shopping list a mile long to take care of", he said, starting off towards the shop again.

Elfte fell back to walk next to the male werecat, "So what brings you here?", she asked, trying out what Skinner always called, "Shooting the censorkip.gif".

Z grinned as he saw Greenfield. He finally found it. Z looked ahead again as he felt her wave to someone. A man he didn't recognize walked towards them. He noticed something behind the man. Were cats. He frowned, remembering Sawyer and Flamesong. He was snapped from his daze as the stranger leaned in too close for the small dragons comfort. He scooted back as far as he could without falling of Elfte's shoulder. He hissed at the man, the sound sounding like air escaping a balloon. "I am not a baby!" That was one subject that annoyed him most, his size. Everyone thought he was baby. He was even tinier than a lot of hatchlings though. "And not all of us burnt villages. Or even breathe fire..." He mumbled barely loud enough to hear. Another aspect that made him stand out was his lack of fire ability. He'd never been able to breathe fire. He used to not even be able to fly. The reason he was probably so different from most dragons was he had been raised by Kat. She found him as an abandoned egg and took care of him the best a humanoid could. He eventually learned to fly though.

Detrin and Sarinte followed Skinner silently as he led the way, glancing about every once in a while to make sure they weren't being tailed. Sarinte stayed by Skinner's side, which her brother lagged behind in favor to examining the areas around them. At his question, Sarinte flashed her jagged teeth in a smile.

Oh that's easy, Mister Skinner. Information doesn't come from books alone. You may say that forest's dangerous, but there's a lot more than danger. Sprites, fairies, and imps are all in the same family as brownies. All of them like cream, but hate salt. That family of magical of creatures hates salt. The werecat answered. Once outside, the both of them seemed much more at ease. Neither of them had grown up indoors, so the open sky was a comforting sight. The two also pulled their hoods up on their cloaks. It was a habit of theirs to keep their ears and cat-like features hidden.

The appearance of Elfte made both teens bristle. Their heightened senses made it easy for them to realize that the woman was a machine. Any signs of hostility soon vanished once Skinner's body language was noted. She was safe, or he wouldn't have been so calm. At the mentioning of a dragon, Detrin grinned.

Yeah, dragons live in the woods. None that tiny, though. They're usually long and thin with big wings and long faces. They usually keep to themselves, too. he replied.

Once they resumed their walk, the werecats fell silent again. That was, until Sarinte caught the sound of screaming. Two sets of ears shot up even from beneath the hoods they wore. Something's wrong.

Almost as soon as Detrin spoke, Gawaine dove into a bush near the werecats. "I really need to control this. It's rather annoying, shifting at the worst times," the gryphon muttered. He still had no idea how he managed to sneak this close to the forest. Suddenly, he scented something odd. Familiar, even. Gawaine thought this whole time that he was a freak. The only thing that was able to morph into another being. But... that was obviously an incorrect assumption. Taking a deep breath, Gawaine poked his feathery head up, peering at two human-like creatures. But their scent betrayed them-they weren't human.

(Just waiting for Riku to be accepted.)

(Oh, yeah. xd.png)

Stargazer sat in his cave, carving another depiction into a wall. All along the cave's tunnels were messages. Some were just drawings. Others were stories of his time with the dragons. He felt his armor, sighing softly. Iratus has made him that armor out of her own scales. They had protected him for a long time. "She was always trying to keep me safe," the man muttered. But that was about seventeen years ago. "Ignis probably wouldn't have been so small by now. If things had been different, she'd be flying aroud our cave..." Stargazer sat down, a sick feeling rising in his stomach as he was hit by a wave of grief. He had lost his family... If he had just hadn't been so weak... maybe he could have escaped with them. He would have been able to warn Iratus of the giant beam that struck her down, and she wouldn't have... The man scolded himself for geting lost in thought again. They were gone, and it was his fault. Plain facts. It was that simple. There was nothing he could do about it.

Skinner looked over to the bush that was muttering and shaking violently. He never understood why things hid in bushes. He always saw hiding behind a bush to be quieter. He lowered his hand from the inside pocket and his face softened. It was just a scared lion bird thing. His minded wandered to all the monsters he knew with lion like features. Sphix, chimera, "Griffon", he said with a smile.

Detrin and Sarinte stared at the bush as something darted into it. The both of them stopped walking automatically to study whatever was hiding. Feathers...and a lion tail. A Gryphon? Those weren't around too often. Whatever it was, it smelled of human as well. When the creature poked its head from the bush, both sets of fiery orange ears shot up. Sarinte started towards Gawaine first, pulling her hood back to reveal her cat-like features. Hey, it's alright. You don't need to be afraid. None of us will hurt you. she soothed. Sarinte had always been better with animals than Detrin.

For some reason, the werecat's words soothed the nervous Gawaine. Slowly, the gryphon crawled out of the bush, tail flicking in anxiety. "R-really?" the gryphon asked, eyeing Sariente's ears. So... they're like me! Except, they aren't like me. They're mixes. Werecats, to be specific. Maybe there are others like us? "Ah... I'm Gawaine. Please excuse my current appearance. I'm trying to get the hang of my powers." Gawaine sat on his hindquarters, tail curling around his body. "Where am I?"

Stargazer finished the carving on the cave. He threw the knife over his shoulder, stepping back to admire his work. It was a mural of himself seventeen years ago, running around a cave, holding a baby dragon above his head.

Z eyed the shifting bush quizzically. Rather stupid place for a large creator to hide. He stared at the mixed creator as it crawled out from the shrub. He'd met one or two griffons before but they weren't known for being so timid and anxious, like this kid. "You're in Greenfield." He spoke loudly, replying to his question. "What did they use to say..." Z mumbled, looking up as if the answer would write itself in the sky for him. He returned his focus to Gawaine. "'A place for new beginnings' or something like that. Somewhere all creators could be happy. Though I can't remember there being much happiness." The last part faded to a whisper.

Skinner snorted, "You are not the strangest thing I have seen in this town.", he pointed out, "When everyone is spectacular, no one is". The doctor hung back as the others moved forward to greet the newcomer. He did a head count and noticed that his little party had grew exponentially since he left the house.

Elfte was enjoying the excitement but the little dragon on her shoulder still needed medical attention if he ever wanted to fly again. She nodded in agreement with what the little dragon had said, "It is rather nice here", she said, "Except that this is the third version and the first two were destroyed by war." She smiled uncharacteristically to go with what she had just said. She turned her head to look at the dragon, 'We should get you to Fette so we can get you back in the sky", Elf said to the little dragon. She bowed to the group, 'Goodbye Skinner. It was nice to meet you all and I hope we will be better antiquated in the near future". With that, she turned on her heel and was on her way.

Elf entered the small, dark shop carefully. She knew that Fette wouldn't hurt her but he still gave him the creeps. She pushed past a bundle of strong smelling herbs hanging from the ceiling, "Fette? It's Elfte. I need your help", she called into the shop, "I have a injured dragon".

Spike face palmed as this person winked at him. He looked up at him like he had to babysit him like a 2 year old or something "ever think maybe I sat alone because I wanted to enjoy a doughnut and coffee without having to deal with people who seem to talk about random things or that just plain out annoy me?" Spike leaned his head back looking at the ceiling. He was still worried about his old friends making new ones would be hard. maybe I do need to try and make more new friends but this guy? He ate my doughnut and is trying to attract the worlds attention. Didn't he yell earlier about being a police officer? Hmmm." Spike looked back and forth before whispering "besides I'm a new undercover cop and there is someone disturbing the peace in and around this cafe he has reddish orange hair and usually doesn't sit still very long unless talking with someone, you think you can find him?"

Roxy looked towards the store front window and to Sideway's surprise, appeared outside. He jumped in surprise as she waved from the other side of the glass, 'Woah, wait!", he said, gathering his stuff quickly and chasing after her.

The door jingled as he pushed it open, "Hey wait!", he said as he chased after her.

Roxy turned, "What? I took you to the doctor and bought you lunch. What else do you want?"

Sideways looked at her dumbfounded, "Oh well, yeah your right..." he said, embarrassed, 'Do you need someone to walk you home?"

Roxy laughed, "I can take care of myself. You need someone to take care of you. Skinner has a extra room he rents, maybe he will give you a home". And with that she was gone.

Sideway stood in the middle of the road, unsure where to go next.

The smell and appearance of the shop weirded Z out. He suspiciously eyed the herbs and bottles. Was that a real skull over in the corner? He pressed himself again Elfte's shoulder to avoid some herbs dangling from the ceiling. The sooner they left this foul place the better. "Are you sure this "Fette" person can fix my wing?" He muttered to Elfte.

Monday sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose between his huge, dark circled eyes. "I'm pretty sure" he said, sighing as he waved his plastic cellular phone, "That if you were an officer and not an IMPOSTER, the chief would've given me, his best agent, a call." With a suspicious narrowing of his eyes, Monday snagged Spikes' cup of coffee before turning on his rubber flip-flopped heel to leave. As he pushed through the cafe door, he paused for a minute to make eye contact before pulling a pair of very real handcuffs from the waistband of his jeans, and adding;"Just be grateful I like you so much, mate." Before disappearing through the door with a clink of the mounted bell.

----------------------------------------

Fette paused, his dirty, long fingered hand hovering over the dusty countertop. Hearing Elfte enter, he snapped up straight, running a hand through his straggly, matted mane of hair. "We've got company..." he murmered to himself.

He watched as the android made her way through his shop with robotic grace. There was something about the chicks in Greenfield, he thought. "Soooo, an *ahem* dragon, you say you've got there?" he said, arching one eyebrow at the lizard-like beast perched on the girls' shoulder. "How much you want for it?" He asked, turning to rummage the cluttered shops' shelves. " 'Cause I can give ya 'bout a hundred for 'im." He said, unrolling a thick, leatherbound surgical set onto the counters' top.

Edited by ChildeRolande

Spike smiled as he mumbled a few words. Verging insects flew into the coffee so that it was ruined for him. Watching as he left he smirked as he had the insects grabbed a hold of the phone. Spike walked past smiling as he snapped and the insects flew away from him. Spike looked around as he walked outside trying to find someone else to talk too. As he walked out of hearing range he chuckled "cya "mate" "

"A place of... new beginnings? Well, at least I know where I am. Thank you, ma'am," Gawaine finished, nodding gratefully at the werecat. Much to Gawaine's surprise, he began to revert back to his original, human form. Shifting back calmly was much less painful, the boy realized. Within seconds, Gawaine looked like a normal boy once more-except for his odd lion tail. "That's new," he muttered, waving his new body part. "Uh, anyways... Do you know of any place I can go to sleep? I've practically forgotten what a bed feels like!"

"Food... I suppose it's time to go hunting again," Stargazer thought aloud. The man never cared much for hunting food every day. Instead, he stockpiled-and his load had just run out. The silver-haired loner reached around the rock wall, eventually grabbing a spear. He strode towards the fire pit, kicking dirt onto the orange flames to extinguish the fire. His preparations finished, Stargazer set out.

Well, I'm Sarinte and this is Detrin. We've only just arrived ourselves. Sarinte greeted. She smiled at the Gryphon as she spoke. The sound of her brother's voice made her turn her head, however.

C'mon, we have stuff to go get! He urged his twin sister. His ears had flattened in his impatience. It wasn't like Detrin to be sidetracked. He was the more focused of the pair of werecats. Sarinte flashed Gawaine an apologetic smile before walking back to Skinner's side.

He's right, we were on our way to go shopping. It was a pleasure to meet you, however.

(( I think Monday needs a friend.

Username: Claw

Name: Jet

Age: very, very old. Nobody would think this because he's mentally about twelve

Sex: His current vessel is male

Appearance: Jet's human body is scrawny and very obviously malnourished with snowy white hair and blood red eyes. His skin is a sickly pale. On his hands and feet are long, sharp claws, and he has a mouthful of serrated teeth.

Creature/power: An alien called a Vagrant trapped on earth. He has the ability to destroy cities in minutes with sheer cosmic power, but simply doesn't. He can switch freely into his natural form, which looks something like This

Personality: Despite his dangerous looks, Jet is cheerful and bubbly. He acts something like both a dog and a child at the same time, and is known for liking anyone and anything.

History: (optional)

Other info: ))

Edited by shadow_claw

(Yay! Jet's back!)

Gawaine waved at the twins as they walked away before he started walking again himself. The boy frowned, wondering where he should go. "I've gotta find a place to rest... And then I'll have to eat something." Gawaine cursed at himself, realizing he had forgotten his food when he ran out of the café. "Ah well... It's not like I paid for it, anyways..."

(So, claw? Would you care to have the twins find Riku?)

((Different Jet, same name my friend. This one's totally bonkers.

Sure I guess. Where Riku headed?))

(Oh. Uh... I blame Obama! Heh... I wonder if crazy Jet will be as fun as the other?

Riku's hunting near the forest. He'll most likely wander close to civilization and the twins.)

((Okay. When Padfoot posts next I'll post as then. For now...))

There was a loud crash inside the cafe as a shadowy being materialized from a corner of the cafe and bounced about. Tables were knocked over, plates were shattered, and generally everything was broken. With a loud shatter, Jet broke one of the windows to leap outside into the sunlight. As soon the sun hit his dark body, his form automatically became human. Instead of darting about outside, Jet sprang forward to tackle-hug Monday. It was just a random choice really. Jet was a happy cosmic entity and wanted to show his affection to anything nearby.